Pokemon GO

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which Team?

You may select 1 option

View results

Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Search far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

Pokemon Go!!!
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How do you pick teams??

I like it so far but I'm such a socially awkward slug. Lmfao

Rarest mons I got so far are eevee and gastly.
Beedlebud
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:How do you pick teams??

I like it so far but I'm such a socially awkward slug. Lmfao

Rarest mons I got so far are eevee and gastly.
Get to level 5 and find a gym.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I just got this! AR doesn't work on my phone so that kinda sucks :(

@Ultima: for me it's still worth it even without the AR because it's fun to walk around and encounter pokemon and pass by pokestops. You still get the cool community aspect and wandering around finding pokestops/pokemon and stuff is fun!

Starter is Bulbasaur. So close to level 5! Just evolved my Pidgey to Pidgeotto too :lala:
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Just caught my 4th piggy lol.
I don't have a GPS on my stupid iPod (or if I do I don't know how to turn it on) so my iPod sometimes think I'm at a different location than where I really am. Like right now one of the pokestops is at a mall but it says 'I'm to far' even though I'm IN said mall right now X'D

I have like 17(?) Pokemon but I'm still only a level 4 ^^'
Doesn't help that I can only catch Pokemon while at home or at on of my jobs :/ (helps that I work at two different malls)
But my game likes to freeze or crash a lot :/
Plus whenever I catch one Pokemon and there is another one next to it, I have to exit the game and re-enter before it will let me catch the second one -_-

My AR is off so that helps a little.

Edit: Pppfffft~ just caught a magikarp
Ultima
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:I just got this! AR doesn't work on my phone so that kinda sucks :(

@Ultima: for me it's still worth it even without the AR because it's fun to walk around and encounter pokemon and pass by pokestops. You still get the cool community aspect and wandering around finding pokestops/pokemon and stuff is fun!

Starter is Bulbasaur. So close to level 5! Just evolved my Pidgey to Pidgeotto too :lala:
Thank you! Sounds good =)

I heard it's out in Germany! Ughhh so close xD

I'll probably go with Mystic or Instinct. Can't wait to get a cool pin for my bag with the team's logo once I choose 8) or a t-shirt! I really like the idea of representing your team, haha.
AllHarvestMoon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Uh, hi... I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but, this game is dangerous. I know someone in my family that has it, and just today, a stranger that played it called them.... Apparently you can talk to people, right. Sorry, I don't want people to be angry, but, uh, be careful (I've learned stuff from my cousin) :(
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^ I have the game and no ones called me. Not to mention, I think if random people were able to get phone numbers via Pokemon Go, we'd have heard about it via news article or something.
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Don't have the game yet...not sure if I'll get it....oh, who am I kidding, I'll get it eventually.

Spoiler:
AllHarvestMoon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

AllHarvestMoon wrote:Uh, hi... I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but, this game is dangerous. I know someone in my family that has it, and just today, a stranger that played it called them.... Apparently you can talk to people, right. Sorry, I don't want people to be angry, but, uh, be careful (I've learned stuff from my cousin) :(
Argh, I'm so sorry everyone(and Blue Rose)! Ok, after some thinking and after what my family member said, can I rephrase this? The game isn't bad at all, but some people use it in the wrong way.
Anyway, I want this game now, but sadly, I don't have a iphone(I have a old fashioned flip phone lol) I have a question. Is this game like an AR card on the 3DS?
Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

AllHarvestMoon wrote:Is this game like an AR card on the 3DS?
I think it's similar to the 3DS's AR cards in a sense that it allows you to see things in real-time through the device's camera, even though the item/Pokemon isn't actually there.
However, you wouldn't even have to use the camera in Pokemon Go - I don't, but that's just a personal gameplay preference ^_^
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

AllHarvestMoon wrote:
AllHarvestMoon wrote:Uh, hi... I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but, this game is dangerous. I know someone in my family that has it, and just today, a stranger that played it called them.... Apparently you can talk to people, right. Sorry, I don't want people to be angry, but, uh, be careful (I've learned stuff from my cousin) :(
Argh, I'm so sorry everyone(and Blue Rose)! Ok, after some thinking and after what my family member said, can I rephrase this? The game isn't bad at all, but some people use it in the wrong way.
Anyway, I want this game now, but sadly, I don't have a iphone(I have a old fashioned flip phone lol) I have a question. Is this game like an AR card on the 3DS?
It's fine. And a healthy amount of safety concern is fine, I've just seen a lot of panic scares over security stuff (emails, etc) that didn't have any grounding, so yeah.

But folks should be careful because there have been reportings of folks abusing the lure system and mugging pokemon go trainers. So hunt in groups if you can, or during the day/safe places.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Level 20 here, playing since the day after launch... there is absolutely no way to get anyone's phone numbers through the game -- you can't even interact with other people in the game, because there's no chat function, no trading, and no battling with other people. You can battle with another person's Pokemon that they leave at a gym, but it's all AI, no actual person on the other end. You can't even see other players on maps.

That said, it is certainly important to have a healthy skepticism and stay safe while playing. Make sure to be aware of your surroundings and don't do anything stupid -- people falling off cliffs, driving into trees, or running across the highway has nothing to do with the game, it's an error of judgment. Nobody should be behaving unsafely just because they're playing a game. Turn the game off when you're driving, and don't look at your screen while you're crossing the street. Be aware of the people around you, and try to hunt with a friend if you're going to an unfamiliar place.

Here's some great safety tips while playing.

/safety rant

I caught an 1151 CP Magmar last night!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aw man, the Vaporeon Central Park stampede looked super fun! The enthusiasm for this app is really contagious.
bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm the only person I know in my age group that doesn't have a smart phone and yet I've had 3 of my co-workers ask me if I have it, and this evening my sister was asking me to explain the game mechanics to her. I am the PokéDork!