Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 27, 2020 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

What you getting?
Pokemon Sun; Rowlet
Pokemon Sun; Popplio
Pokemon Sun; Litten
Pokemon Moon; Rowlet
Pokemon Moon; Popplio
Pokemon Moon; Litten
You may select up to 2 options

View results
Ronin19
Post Posted: Nov 23, 2016 8:24 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Okay, now I beat the game and my thoughts on future titles (STORY SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
Because Lillie is leaving for Kanto to become a Pokemon Champion, I am now convinced that Gen 1 is getting remade again, maybe for the Switch. And since the player character is from Kanto as well, it makes the most sense in my eyes. I would definitely play Gen 1 on the Switch.

kristaok
Post Posted: Nov 23, 2016 5:06 pm 
Banned: Trolling

I think I am interested in Pokemon Moon, I have a lot of catching up to do... :oops: There is just SO many Pokemon, I am mainly familiar with Gen 1 :shock:

Bluie
Post Posted: Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I finished the game yesterday and SuMo is now competing with my previous choice for GOTY. I haven't enjoyed a pokemon game this much since Platinum.

Spoilers for post game:

Spoiler:
I'm at 80% Pokedex completion overall. I've captured all the legendaries/ultra beasts (Tapu Lele is freaking adorable and defs one of my new favourite Pokemon). I'm currently playing the GTS like a fiddle and getting the last few pokes I need, though some are going to take a little bit more effort on my part (ie: Politoed). The post game trainers are no joke though. Most have 4-5 parties of pokemon and can easily 1-2 shot you if you're being careless. I chose to fight Blue at the battle tree intro as I didn't want to even deal with Red's team (LEVEL 70 PIKACHU HO BOI).

Also, it's so bad but, I love all the new legendaries so much that they're taking up most of my new team space. Though really, I find that the legendaries aren't really very OP in this gen. They're as easily OHKOed by the post game NPCs.

Katgirl
Post Posted: Nov 23, 2016 7:16 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

So just beat the main story and I really enjoyed it. (Nothing too spoilery just my thoughts)
Spoiler:
For me, Pokemon games have always been about growth, and I think this game captured that really well. As I said before the games came out, I really enjoyed the juxtaposition between a happy tropical and sci fi adventure. The character development was also pretty good and the characters in general were great. I also thought that the trials were a nice change of pace.

My gripes: (Some early post game and general story spoilers)
Spoiler:
I think the SOS system is a nice concept and a cool way to get some evolved Pokemon if you're willing to put in the time, but it can get sooooo tedious. Plus it makes it twice as hard to catch certain Pokemon. I had a Beldum struggle itself to death because it kept calling for help. Every. Turn. And it kept succeeding.
I wish the main character emoted more :T While their unaffected smiling face does make some situations funny it kinda ruins some of the more dramatic scenes.
I was kind of hoping for more modern vs traditional conflict about the Pokemon league. I realize that not much would actually change for them, but I was still looking forward to it. Like if Hau got behind founding the league only to then realize that means there won't be anymore kahunas (or at least not as they know them) and he can't follow in his grandfather's footsteps.
Wwwwwhy was there a legendary fight right after the elite four?! Whhhhhy?!

Hisagiluv
Post Posted: Nov 23, 2016 9:28 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I got sun and started with poplio but I'm a slowpoke and taking my time with it. I just completed the first trial even though I got the game on release day.

Ophelia11
Post Posted: Nov 24, 2016 3:00 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I'm also taking my time with the game this time around. Normally I play through the story really quickly and then get bored with the game, but this time I put a lot of time and effort into my team and completing my pokedex and so far I'm still not bored with it or anything. Got the game on the 18th, but I'm still "just" on the third island

Bluie
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 7:12 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I finished the PokeDex! :D

Spoiler:

Finishing it nets you this:

Spoiler:

I'm going to run of out post game activities if I keep up this pace. I might have to take a break for awhile.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 9:16 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

^Congrats, I'm still at 2/3 complete. I just need to catch
Spoiler:
Castform, Vanillite, Gabite and Politoed
before I start evolving and breeding.

kristaok
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 1:22 pm 

Hubby just picked me up Pokémon Moon, super stoked to see what's up. :P

Edit: I think I'll go with Rowlet, Litten is so cute but I love owls.

Keera
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 1:42 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I just now made it to the 3rd island, and wow I really love this game. The storyline is pretty good so far, but honestly I think what I like best is how beautiful the region is. The cities are all gorgeous, and the routes don't seem boring and straightforward anymore - and they even seem much shorter, which I like.

Also - ride pokemon! I love that I no longer have to carry around a deadweight HM-slave anymore.

Do any of y'all have a favorite new pokemon that you weren't expecting to like? Mine is definitely Charjabug. My little grub evolved, and I wasn't a fan of it at first. Not until I had some time to battle some with it, and.... it is amazing. Much stronger than I'd have expected. It's definitely a permanent team member for me - not only because of it's power, but she's also got the widest variety of moves on my team.

Madame Madie
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 2:50 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I got Rowelett :D
I called him Brian, because for some reason it's hilarious to me. I see bits of Brian Blessed in his over dramaticness.
Also have a haunter, a ledyba, a wingull, baby snorlax, and Pikipek.

Spoiler:
Have also completed the first Island, and I'm on my way to the second :D Having so much fun with it :D

kristaok
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 3:35 pm 

Madame Madie wrote:
I got Rowelett :D
I called him Brian, because for some reason it's hilarious to me. I see bits of Brian Blessed in his over dramaticness.
Also have a haunter, a ledyba, a wingull, baby snorlax, and Pikipek.

Spoiler:
Have also completed the first Island, and I'm on my way to the second :D Having so much fun with it :D

Goodluck, Rowlett is too cute!

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 3:58 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

While not "new" I love Alolan Grimer! They're so cute in Amie the way its so happy you pet it (despite your hand getting covered in filth) no matter where.

While I just recently got it, Salandit is pretty damn unique and tough for me, and I have a water type for a starter. Took me forever to find a female one.

Also I loooove Stufful in game. So cuuuute. Its evolution is the spawn of Satan for me, but Stufful itself is adorable.

Still really anxious to get a Mimikyu soon.

bitsy_bites5
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 4:13 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Keera wrote:
Do any of y'all have a favorite new pokemon that you weren't expecting to like? Mine is definitely Charjabug. My little grub evolved, and I wasn't a fan of it at first. Not until I had some time to battle some with it, and.... it is amazing. Much stronger than I'd have expected. It's definitely a permanent team member for me - not only because of it's power, but she's also got the widest variety of moves on my team.

I added Wimpod to my team just because I needed a water type pokémon and I was planning to replace it when I found something I liked better. Taking care of it in Pokémon Refresh made me realize I thought it was pretty cute and I was a bit sad that it evolved, but now it's my strongest pokémon (and she's still kinda cute in a weird way). I loved Golisopod enough that it never left my team even though it didn't actually learn any decent water type attacks that worked with it's stat distribution until shortly before the end of the game, which was the original reason for adding it to my team in the first place. I named her Gunhilda.

Poppyseed
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2016 6:18 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Juuust finished the game. I loved it so much!

Spoiler:
I usually play these games super leisurely so I kinda sped through this one. Kinda wish I didn't, haha. The plot was super good, and the soundtrack was great! They keep getting better and better. The game did a good job doing what it set to achieve.

I liked almost every character this time, sans the ones that I LOVED. Freakin' great.

The only problems I have so far are that I'm not that fond of the Festival Plaza, and I wish certain characters had a bit more screentime. I love Lillie, but I didn't expect her to be main girl, haha. I also don't really use multiplayer that much anyway so eh. And also...the main character's eternal smile. lol Sometimes I couldn't tell if it's supposed to be comedic or not, since there was a lot more of that this time.

I didn't expect to use a Mimikyu. I mean it was cute...but I wanted to use other Pokémon. But I ended up getting one in a trade so now I love it, haha. Saved my tail multiple times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next