Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon
https://fogu.com/hmforum/

Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!
https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=173250
Page 1 of 2

Author:  The Ninja [ Jun 24, 2017 3:53 am ]
Post subject:  Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

Since the Steam summer sale's on, I thought we could use a thread to share our recommendations, and maybe even talk about what we've bought so far?

My recommendations (must-plays in bold):

Super Meat Boy - $3
Crypt of the Necrodancer - $3
Half Minute Hero 2 (It comes with the first game for free so it's two games in one) - $3
Downwell - $2
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition - $6
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $3
Psychonauts (seriously play this game) - $1
The Stanley Parable - $4
Tadpole Treble - $1

Author:  theboysareback [ Jun 24, 2017 7:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

Zero Escape and Steins:Gate ftw!

Author:  RopeMaidenKirie [ Jun 24, 2017 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

The House in Fata Morgana is 30% off (US$17.49) and an absolute gem. My favorite visual novel ever, but not for the faint of heart. Its ultimate message is about hope and forgiveness, but to get there is incredible amounts of heartbreak and tragedy. Such an incredible game though that I wish more people would play.

Author:  Blue Rose [ Jun 24, 2017 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
The House in Fata Morgana is 30% off (US$17.49) and an absolute gem. My favorite visual novel ever, but not for the faint of heart. Its ultimate message is about hope and forgiveness, but to get there is incredible amounts of heartbreak and tragedy. Such an incredible game though that I wish more people would play.


THIS THIS THIS THIS.


Also, $18 is a steal for the quality of the game.

Author:  Soapylion [ Jun 24, 2017 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

I can't believe it's this time of year already ahh

QUESTION. Do the deals in the Steam summer sale ever change? Like if I see a deal right now that I want, should I go for it or should I hold off until the end of the sale in case the deal gets better?
I was wanting the Princess Maker games but the discounts aren't amaaazing.

Author:  Madame Madie [ Jun 24, 2017 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

I bought fallout4 for a tenner,
And shelter for under a pound.

Author:  theboysareback [ Jun 24, 2017 5:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
The House in Fata Morgana is 30% off (US$17.49) and an absolute gem. My favorite visual novel ever, but not for the faint of heart. Its ultimate message is about hope and forgiveness, but to get there is incredible amounts of heartbreak and tragedy. Such an incredible game though that I wish more people would play.


I just watched the trailer and it looks really good, but can you elaborate on the whole not for the faint of heart jazz? Just gore or...?

Author:  RopeMaidenKirie [ Jun 24, 2017 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

theboysareback wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
The House in Fata Morgana is 30% off (US$17.49) and an absolute gem. My favorite visual novel ever, but not for the faint of heart. Its ultimate message is about hope and forgiveness, but to get there is incredible amounts of heartbreak and tragedy. Such an incredible game though that I wish more people would play.


I just watched the trailer and it looks really good, but can you elaborate on the whole not for the faint of heart jazz? Just gore or...?

Extremely harrowing in many ways, lots of extreme tragedy, racism, sexism, violence, the whole works (in text, not images though there's a few small bits of horror/gore in image form). Definitely for more mature audiences. If you want in-depth details I can message you the specific content warning--it's extremely spoilery but covers everything if you have specific topics you'd be concerned about. It handles all of these with maturity and tact imo. It's incredibly unique compared to most VNs.

Although there is a lot of suffering, there is a lot of love and even light-hearted bits sprinkled throughout, so it's not just a gloomfest. But it's a very, very heavy read.

Author:  Sanne [ Jun 25, 2017 4:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

I mostly bought visual novels this year. ^^;;

My recommendations (for now) would be:

Hatoful Boyfriend
Starts off rather silly, but the true route is good.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Cute game about a girl running an item shop.

To the Moon
Story about a man and his last wish.

Amnesia: Memories
One of the most popular otome games.

Magical Diary: Horse Hall
Otome game in an Harry Potter-esque setting. Not the most polished game around, but I thought it was fun. Make sure to check the demo first.


Blue Rose wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
The House in Fata Morgana is 30% off (US$17.49) and an absolute gem. My favorite visual novel ever, but not for the faint of heart. Its ultimate message is about hope and forgiveness, but to get there is incredible amounts of heartbreak and tragedy. Such an incredible game though that I wish more people would play.


THIS THIS THIS THIS.


Also, $18 is a steal for the quality of the game.

Yes! So much this, it's my favorite visual novel ever.

Author:  Getaris [ Jun 25, 2017 5:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

Not sure what their prices in dollars are so I'll put estimates. I bought...

Fallout 3 for $2 (NOT recommended, it doesn't work in most modern computers)

Fallout New Vegas for $2

Portal 1+2 for $1.50

Stardew Valley for $5

Plants vs Zombies for $1

Sonic Adventure DX for $2

I'm happy with these, so I recommend them (except for that particular one).

Author:  Madame Madie [ Jun 25, 2017 6:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

Sanne wrote:
To the Moon
Story about a man and his last wish.


Can second this, wonderful story. <3

Author:  theboysareback [ Jun 25, 2017 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Extremely harrowing in many ways, lots of extreme tragedy, racism, sexism, violence, the whole works (in text, not images though there's a few small bits of horror/gore in image form). Definitely for more mature audiences. If you want in-depth details I can message you the specific content warning--it's extremely spoilery but covers everything if you have specific topics you'd be concerned about. It handles all of these with maturity and tact imo. It's incredibly unique compared to most VNs.

Although there is a lot of suffering, there is a lot of love and even light-hearted bits sprinkled throughout, so it's not just a gloomfest. But it's a very, very heavy read.


I can handle that, I just like to know what I'm getting myself into before I decide to buy something.

Author:  Blue Rose [ Jun 25, 2017 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

theboysareback wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Extremely harrowing in many ways, lots of extreme tragedy, racism, sexism, violence, the whole works (in text, not images though there's a few small bits of horror/gore in image form). Definitely for more mature audiences. If you want in-depth details I can message you the specific content warning--it's extremely spoilery but covers everything if you have specific topics you'd be concerned about. It handles all of these with maturity and tact imo. It's incredibly unique compared to most VNs.

Although there is a lot of suffering, there is a lot of love and even light-hearted bits sprinkled throughout, so it's not just a gloomfest. But it's a very, very heavy read.


I can handle that, I just like to know what I'm getting myself into before I decide to buy something.


Imagine someone ripping your heart out, dropping it on the floor and stomping on it, smashing it to a pulp and then slapping a "luvs and kisses" bandaid and giving it back to you. And you enjoy it.

But nah, it's a heavily emotionally exhausting based ride that runs off of pain and heartbreak but ties well in a very satisfactory ending. Tbh the first half of it or so is kind of ehhhh but once you get to a certain point « Cow Poopoo » GETS REAL and it's soooooo good. It took me a couple days to finish it, but the last half of it I kind of did in 2 days and I was a mess. Bawling my eyes out, snot everywhere, my sleep cycle just a wreck, etc. etc. But totally worth it. Definitely try to space it out if you do end up getting it tho. That « Cow Poopoo » takes its toll.

It's a treasure and I recommend it highly. But it is a tough ride, ngl. Was a very cathartic experience for me.

Author:  Chinchilla [ Jun 25, 2017 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

Soapylion wrote:
QUESTION. Do the deals in the Steam summer sale ever change? Like if I see a deal right now that I want, should I go for it or should I hold off until the end of the sale in case the deal gets better?
I was wanting the Princess Maker games but the discounts aren't amaaazing.
The prices won't change. They used to have flash deals that'd lower the price on some games, but they've stopped doing that.


Sanne wrote:
Magical Diary: Horse Hall
Otome game in an Harry Potter-esque setting. Not the most polished game around, but I thought it was fun. Make sure to check the demo first.
I have an extra Steam key for this game (in the form of a HumbleBundle link that you can claim), if anyone wants it. I got it in a bundle a few years ago, so I'm not entirely sure the key still works. This was the first otome game/VN I bought, so it holds a special place for me. I need to replay it again.

While I'm at it, I also have an extra key (actually a key instead of a link) for Murdered: Soul Suspect. Again, not sure the key will still work. It's not a perfect game, but I had fun with it.

Author:  The Ninja [ Jun 25, 2017 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's recommend games to buy for the Steam summer sale!

Madame Madie wrote:
Sanne wrote:
To the Moon
Story about a man and his last wish.


Can second this, wonderful story. <3

I actually bought this a few days ago and am looking forward to playing it.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/