Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 22, 2020 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 81  Next
ryume
  Post subject: Re: How's your backlog?
Post Posted: Aug 27, 2018 1:59 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Persona 3 Portable is taking a break in favor of checking out LDC. The dungeon crawling portions just seem so much LARGER and LONGER to get through compared to P4 and P5. I have no shame using guides, and every guide I've ever tried sets it up to do nearly 30 levels of Tartarus in one go for P3. I guess if I actually took a moment to think about it, I could figure out a way to do shorter portions and still max out social links, etc, but I don't want to think that hard, so I will just whine (at a minimum, hopefully lol). Really loving that I can finally play the game (and not be tired/sick every 5 minutes like I was in the PS2 edition), I just definitely needed a break.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 10:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Y'all my conviction to wait for DQXI on Switch is starting to erode. Ugh I need to finish some more games lol

Maybe I'll pick it up when I'm done with both Trails 3rd and LDC..

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 10:31 am 
Anonymous Fish

- I'm halfway through Detective Pikachu but haven't touched it in a week.
- I'm on the post-game for Pokemon Ultra Moon but I haven't touched that in... a month? Two months?
- I am playing the Crash remakes but haven't played that in a month.
- I finished Mario vs Rabbid's first chapter but I haven't played since June.
- I'm partway through Pikmin 3, Giana Sisters, Yokai Watch, and some Mario rpg but I haven't touched either since Spring.
- I literally can't remember how to play Xenoblade Chronicles X and haven't touched my half-finished game in two years. I haven't even gotten a doll yet.
- I have three different Harvest Moon games I've been on Year 1 on for the past two years.
- I just brought a SNES Classic so that's... 20 games to play.
- I have so many VC games on my U that I haven't finished...
- You know, I just remembered I haven't finished SSB4. Like, at all. I have only like 5 Classic trophies.

I suck at being a gamer, I swear. I can't finish games. I get sidetracked. It's even worse now that autumn is coming and so many new games are coming out.

I can't remember how I ever used to play video games as a ki-- Oh wait, that was before the internet.

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 11:13 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Y'all my conviction to wait for DQXI on Switch is starting to erode. Ugh I need to finish some more games lol

Maybe I'll pick it up when I'm done with both Trails 3rd and LDC..

I'm 100% OK with you abandoning the 'wait-for-Switch-version' club. It's Dragon Quest after all! I just don't have a choice, so ima' be down in my spoiler bunker until it releases on Switch.

After the Nindie Direct today I preloaded Undertale and Hyper Light Drifter. I've already played the former (except for one specific path which I plan to do this time) so i'm in no rush on that. Right now my focus is finishing Little Dragons Cafe and Okami, which i'm both over halfway done, and then i'm going to start cracking down of my ever growing pile of indies. I'll start with Cosmic Star Heroine and then see where I'm at after I finish it.

My Local EB has been seeing me so often lately, a new game coming out every couple of days. I'll be back on the 4th to pick up « Harvest Goddess » Wars which I won't be playing until who knows!

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 11:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You officially have my endorsement as well, Kyrie (as if you were waiting on it, lol). :) You said you're pretty good at finishing up your games, so if it won't add to your backlog in a stressful way, then why not? Unless money is tight and you'll want to re-buy it on the Switch later and are trying to be budget-conscious, I guess...then I suppose we should not be enablers.

Hearing first-hand opinions is always useful anyway, and unlike me, you're conscious of spoilers. :) (I always forget what was even a surprise later on. As if just because I wasn't surprised by it, it's not a spoiler, lol.)

@ Fishie

XCX is VERY hard to pick back up if you set it down for very long. If you weren't too far in, I'd just start over. You've probably heard of the battle system that is 'easy to learn, hard to master', which I think of as ideal, but that is not XCX's situation, imo. It's difficult to learn AND difficult to master. (Or possibly difficult to learn, easy to master...but it's hard to get past the 'difficult to learn' phase.) All of the elemental weaknesses and the size/power and the weapon and armour attributes, 'potential' and 'soul voices'...it's not easy to learn that in the first place, let alone remember it all months later.

But if that's not desirable, someone on GameFAQs once wrote an overview of the battle system that isn't too long or complicated, compared to other info I've seen.

ryume
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 3:10 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

HOLY CROW, HOW DID I NOT REALIZE DQXI IS OUT NEXT WEEK!?

There's already a plethora of reviews out, too. Even if I wanted to, I would NEVER be able to wait for this on Switch :o

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 3:34 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I like first-hand opinions better than reviews :) Not only can you ask specific questions whenever you want, you also know something about the person whose opinion you are listening to, unlike with a review. I feel like I can better weigh what their opinion will mean for me, when it's coming from someone I've talked to enough to have gotten a feel for what they do and don't like and how it matches up with my own opinions.

So if some of you play DQXI right away, that's cool with me, I like to see the opinions come out. Sounds like ryume will be playing sooner than later for sure. Just have pity on poor Bluie and put everything in spoilers so she can peek her head out of her bunker once in a while, lol.

Or...is it going to be played by enough people here to warrant its own discussion thread, like with LDC?

ryume
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 3:49 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I like both reviews and peer input. But, while I read reviews for a series like DQ out of sheer curiosity, it's almost a given that I will play a flagship title in that series without caring too much about reviews/opinions (unless they are abysmal across the board - good example of that occurring is the latest Star Ocean). FF and Tales fall in the same vein for me on this stance as well. It goes without saying, but I will definitely make sure I protect anyone from being spoiled that doesn't want to be.

And with the advent of DQXI, I can't believe it's nearly freaking September already. We will be talking about the Christmas rush in this thread before we know it, I swear...

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2018 1:35 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

OK, I finished Little Dragons Cafe and i'm unfortunately dropping Okami. I really liked what I played of it, but it's gotten stale for me. I really have no drive to play it anymore, therefore not fun. I'll keep my save file in case I want to finish it sometime later, but i'm more likely to just watch the rest of the cutscenes on youtube.

Onto Cosmic Star Heroine!

Ronin19
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 7:16 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I finished up Little Dragons Cafe as well, so I'm now moving on to a Harvest Moon game because yes.

ChocolateKisses
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 9:13 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I finished LDC and Octopath traveler (quite a while ago but yeh), which were my top games for this summer. So now im working my way through The World Ends With You for the DS to kill my hype until the Switch version comes out.

I still have to finish Ys 8. I THINK im halfway through the game but yeah, gotta work on it.

I have to continue playing xenoblade chronicles 2 since i paused it when Octopath came out.

And lastly, i have to finish Disgaea 5, which im almost done with i believe? I just got distracted with other JRPGs so i kind of forgot about that one.

Apart from that, yeah thats pretty much it! I might pick up a rune factory game or a harvest moon game to kill time during my semester.

Im STILL debating if to buy DQ11 for the PC or just wait until the switch release tbh. I feel more comfortable having it as a portable game though, since i commute and stuff, but i CAN'T WAIT AND I'LL FEEL SO JEALOUS OF THE PEOPLE THAT CAN PLAY IT ON THE PS4. But i think i might wait. The last time i played a jrpg on my pc was Tales of Berseria and i had to push myself to finish it cuz playing on my pc is uncomfortable and kills my hands.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 10:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I don't play on PC because my laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, and because I don't like tying up my PC with games, I always want it free for PC stuff, and other reasons, but do you have a PC-compatible controller? Because that makes it easy on your hands...the same as playing on a console, and all you have to do is plug it in like a mouse. I have the Xbox controller for PC, but there are different options, including the steam controller. If the comfort is your only concern it's probably a pretty good solution :)

I am waiting on DQXI for Switch, and I may not buy it even then unless something I learn between now and then convinces me that I won't hate half of the cast or be aggravated by the turn-based battle system. (It's very rare that turned-based battles don't drive me batty with boredom.) Bluie's also waiting, but not for my reasons at all, lol. (Pretty sure she'd get it in a hot second if it were a possibility!)

As for me, still not playing LDC though I really should pick it back up today since I have time. It'll only take a few more days to complete it. Then I hope I'll scrape up the drive to finish Dust: An Elysian Tail on the PS4 before Torna comes out...unless I'm really productive with changing the summer garden over to an autumn garden, and then I may just be too tired to play *anything*.

Debating Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk endlessly. I may just bite the bullet and buy it if I've finished Torna by then (which I probably will have) since I don't think I'll be able to tell if I like it unless I just play one of them. It doesn't seem as fun as Ace Attorney, but I do like mystery games... I'm not sure if I have anything else to play in October anyway. (Depends on Portia and Mysteria, I guess.)

Night Owl
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 11:14 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I keep adding games to my collection and not finishing them like usual. I think once I feel a game becomes "homework", I just drop it. IE: Grinding is usually the biggest way to get me to drop a game. Which is why I put Octopath and Little Dragons Cafe on the back burner for now. I did play Persona 5 though! Even though I've already beaten the game. Also, I just felt kinda sick for a few days so that really didn't do me any favors. So, the next big game I have headed my way is indeed, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. My copy will show up 2 days after release provided nothing happens to UPS. I can hardly wait! Still not a big fan of the name changes to the main cast, but I'll live. I'll need to figure out what to name the protagonist. Good thing I have like, a week to come up with the name.

In the meantime, I'll probably chip away at Octopath again. Maybe some Little Dragons if I feel up to the task. Or perhaps I'll just forgo that entirely and play Persona 5 for the 3rd time.

ryume
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 12:24 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

DQXI NEXT WEEK!

I also picked up Little King's Story and HM: Animal Parade on a whim. Both are games I have thought about getting off and on for literally YEARS, so I finally said today is the day and bought 'em off of Amazon. Sometimes hoarding all your old consoles is a good thing! I still own a PS2 Slim that's hardly been used for goodness' sake (bought it maybe 4-5 years ago to replace my original fat PS2 and barely used it). Thankfully the Wii U still plays Wii games, but I still have the original Wii for the Gamecube games. Ugh, too many consoles :oops:

Bluie wrote:
OK, I finished Little Dragons Cafe and i'm unfortunately dropping Okami. I really liked what I played of it, but it's gotten stale for me. I really have no drive to play it anymore, therefore not fun. I'll keep my save file in case I want to finish it sometime later, but i'm more likely to just watch the rest of the cutscenes on youtube.

Onto Cosmic Star Heroine!

It's too bad Okami became stale for you, Bluie. I love that game so much. I know it's not for everyone though. Did you play it before the remaster?

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I did not. Never owned a PS2 or Wii. I feel if I had played it in my highschool days, I would have been more into it. I DID enjoy what I played of it, but it just got to the point where my brain was going 'no more' and I had to leave it. I'd still recommend it to those who are curious, but it just wasn't enough to keep me engaged all the way to the end.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 81  Next