How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My backlog has over 50 games on it, lol. Though I do have...let's see...6 consoles. (Vita, Switch, PS3, PS4, Wii U and 3DS. I have a PC as well, of course, but I don't consider it a gaming console.)

I've finished Xenoblade Chronicles X twice. It's actually my very favourite exploration game, even more than BotW (and the best part of that, to me, is definitely the exploration.) I mean, the mechanics of BotW are cooler and more interesting, but the world of XCX...it's the most beautiful and the most fun to explore of any game I've ever played. (But if you put it down for a long time, you may HAVE to restart, as that game is so complicated in its mechanics that it's almost impossible to pick it back up in the middle of an established file and keep going...there's just too much to remember about how the battle system, the classes and the armour and weapons work with the elemental and other types of resistances and front, back and side attacks and etc. Though you could make a new user on your Wii U, start the game over, and just play the new game long enough to relearn how it works, then try to pick your older file back up. That might work?)

XCX is the game I *most* want to see get a Switch port since so few people got to try it due to it being a Wii U exclusive. (And because they made some hugely bad choices with it by not allowing the sound or the user interface to be adjustable in the menu so that the writing is so tiny that people have had to give it up as they simply cannot read it...and so that the 'background' music is SO LOUD during some cutscenes that you quite literally cannot hear what the characters are saying. I was able to deal with those drawbacks but I know some people who abandoned the game because they couldn't, which is totally understandable to me.) If it got a port I think they'd probably put those options into the menu and my friend who loves Xenoblade but has eye problems could try playing it again.

Actually I'm completely loving this genre where exploring the world itself can become the main focus of the game. I wish there were more. I only really know of BotW and XCX. (Of course, I avoid a lot of games since I can't deal with violence and plenty of other things, so there probably ARE more of those games and I've just been avoiding them based on other factors.)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh no the Steam sale is here... I'm down to 7 games (ended up dropping BotW for various reasons) but I'm so tempted to pick up a few games I've been wanting for awhile. :neutral:
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Oh no the Steam sale is here... I'm down to 7 games (ended up dropping BotW for various reasons) but I'm so tempted to pick up a few games I've been wanting for awhile. :neutral:
I saw! I'm very, very tempted!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have no more games coming out til the end of March. I need to finish Night in the Woods but i've only been playing it at night to up the spooky factor (it's working lol).

Other than that, i'm trying to play Mercenaries Saga 1, and while it's good, it's not great. I've gotten the party members to their second tier classes and to level 15ish, but it isn't keeping my attention. Most people say the first game is the slowest while the 2nd and 3rd games are a lot faster paced. I wana play all of them, but don't want to start the second game until I finish the first, annnnd I don't think that's going to happen. Conflicted hrrrrm. I wish the new Fire Emblem would hurry up and get here. I used to inhale turn based SRPGs, but now it's either Fire Emblem, Disgaea, or nothing. They are the only two in the genre that hold my attention anymore.

On a side note, I want to replay Breath of the Wild, but I also don't. I hate the shrines, I haaate them. I want to do a Master Sword run (pmuch, go get it first and then do all the divine beasts - there is special dialog for doing story events with it and I want to see it) but that means marathoning shrines so I can get said Master Sword. Ughhhhhnooo.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just finished Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and as I was about to start Tale of Two Towns up again, I forgot about .hack//GU! That has priority; back to it!
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I am soooo behind with the games I currently have...I kinda just play them randomly. Recently I ve been trying to finish some older games I have, like DS games (Avalon Code, Children of Mana, etc.) and a while back I kinda binge bought a bunch of older RPG games on my vita. (Suikoden II, Breath of Fire IV, etc.) I'm not even going to get into all the 3DS games I haven't finished.

Luckily for me, there's only a couple of games that I want that I know are coming out this year, or have been released, like Dynasty Warriors 9. Other than that the games I'm really interested in haven't been announced for a U.S release, so I guess I can kinda sit on my meager funds until then and try to catch up.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

.hack//GU and Horizon Zero Dawn's DLC are now finished! I still hate pretty much every character in .hack//GU and Horizon was a nice return to. I should do a new game + of that game when I get the chance.

For now, since my birthday is so close and I may get new games, I decided to play Mass Effect 3 again.

I'm going to update my backlog list from that post I made a few weeks ago.

Technomancer
Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Bravely Second
MAYBE Nier Automata 2nd playthrough
Kingdom Hearts 2
ANOTHER Night in the Woods file because of the update
MAYBE Final Fantasy X
MAYBE Psychonauts, but I finished it before, so who knows
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
To the Moon
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Conker's Bad Fur Day (but I might just start that over)
Evolution Worlds
Yooka-Laylee
Sonic Mania

Finished from that List:
Andromeda
Second Trio of Towns File
.hack//GU
Horizon Zero Dawn DLC

ADDING TO THE LIST!
Nier
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Tbh I've never bothered keeping a backlog or anything of the sort but this thread makes me realize just how many unfinished games I have lying around + how much I want to replay my older games.

My spring break starts Thursday so maybe I'll pick RF2 back up and try to actually beat the game for once in my life, I can't always be restarting my game after every break from it rip.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

In terms of my own progress, I haven't... made much, lol.
I picked up Verdant Skies on Steam, so that set me back a point, and I haven't beaten it yet because I'm indecisive as anything and can't decide who I want to date, hahah. But the game is a lot of fun!

I also think I'm nearing the end of Dragon Ball Fusions, so that's cool. Having a lot of fun with that one as well.

But I'm going so slow it seems. My hands hurt a lot lately, so I can't play in long bursts like I used to.

Tiptoze wrote:Tbh I've never bothered keeping a backlog or anything of the sort but this thread makes me realize just how many unfinished games I have lying around + how much I want to replay my older games.

My spring break starts Thursday so maybe I'll pick RF2 back up and try to actually beat the game for once in my life, I can't always be restarting my game after every break from it rip.
Hey, fun fact, I just beat RF2 late last year, after buying it all the way back when it released and restarting my game at least four times. It was worth it! Definitely a lot of fun. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, I gave up.

I finished Night in the Woods and then tried to play Mercenaries Saga Chronicles again, and it was just too slow for me to enjoy. Tried to replay BoTW but I gave up on revisiting some of the shrines I hated first time through. Those were the only two(technically four) games I had sitting in my backlog.

Come the end or March I'll have Atelier Lydie and Suelle, Penny Punching Princess, and i'm importing PriPara: All Idol Perfect Stage. It'll be interesting to manage all three of them, but for now, my backlog is empty. Guess I gotta jump ship on this thread for awhile!

For now i'm gonna wait on the Xenoblade 2 NG+ update (supposed to be out this week) and occupy myself elsewhere.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:Hey, fun fact, I just beat RF2 late last year, after buying it all the way back when it released and restarting my game at least four times. It was worth it! Definitely a lot of fun. :)
Tbh Idk why I haven't beaten RF2 yet. I know that RFF's Runey system really ruins that game for me and that's why I haven't beaten it, but the only thing I can think of for RF2 is that the voice acting is bad and it's clunky.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote: Tbh Idk why I haven't beaten RF2 yet. I know that RFF's Runey system really ruins that game for me and that's why I haven't beaten it, but the only thing I can think of for RF2 is that the voice acting is bad and it's clunky.

Yeah RFF is the only one I have that I haven't beat yet, and it's 90% because the Runey system lol.
And RF2's voice acting IS really bad. :lol: It's almost charming in its awkwardness. I'm glad I came back to finish it up, because it is pretty unique in the series and I feel like it aged alright. Obviously doesn't have all the QoL improvements that RF4 has, but it's been so long since I played RF4 that I didn't notice too much.
Good luck if you go back to it!
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm officially on spring break now, so I might pick RFF back up because my friends are getting into it again, but ugh... dat Runey system. Maybe I'll do a coin flip to decide between RFF and RF2...

Tfw you have too many games to play.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate because of the Capcom sale on the eShop. Thanks, Nintendo and Capcom. And I'm just sitting here going through the rest of my Mass Effect 3 files.

As for Rune Factory, I've only ever beaten 3 and 4 on my own. 1 and 2 were with cheats and I've never beaten Frontier or Tides of Destiny. Once I finish all of my Bokujou Monogatari games, I plan on going through all of the RF games in order without pause as much as possible.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I started February at (-3) (since I still haven't finished Danganronpa 2, Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and Dust). But it is now at (-4) again since Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms has gone into 'Shipping' mode. But I'm not worried about that. I always have otoges polished off in about a week.

I have started gaming sporadically again after more than a month away from it completely, so I'm about half done Tokyo Xanadu though and will definitely finish it, since I'm not bored or frustrated by it for the most part, though it feels more like a case of fan fiction to the Cold Steel games than an original game by the same company, in a lot of ways. Considering abandoning Danganronpa 2 though because I barely liked the first game enough to finish it and the idea of more of the same is just UGH. And Dust isn't very interesting to me so far...it's too much like a platformer. *sigh*

Getting to zero out abandoned games seems like cheating, though. I'll give my self a floating (-) if I do abandon any 2018 games, so that they continue to count against me. I'll just have to complete older backlog items if I want to get back into the black.