How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
cinnamon_yuki wrote:Currently playing:

Wayhaven Chronicles Book One - Third RO route.

I'm so glad someone else is playing this!! I just marathoned it over the past few days and I absolutely loved it. Urban fantasy + romance + lengthy choose your own adventure style story book = wonderful. I've been wanting to try out a pure text adventure for awhile, and I've loved Sera's indie otomes before, so I'm glad to see this is so good.

Also really cool that people can read and make their own character with whatever gender and sexual orientation, so it can appeal to everyone!

Who's your favorite character? :D I'm so torn between Nate/Adam/Felix, they all are great, though Nate might be a very slight bit ahead of the others. Not a fan of Mason lol
Awesome! Another fan! XD I was relunctant to try the demo when this was in WIP format since I am not much of a fan of urban fantasy but I am so glad I did try it out.

Im regards to favorite characters, I love them all. I can't really choose since they are all interesting!! I can 't wait for Book Two.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, played and beat the story mode for Kirby Star Allies today. I thought it would take me longer to beat than just one day. It was a ton of fun though! Back to my Miranda-mance Mass Effect 3 file and then I'll see what else I can do until Ni No Kuni 2 and Detective Pikachu come out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm starting to lose track so I'm going to put all of 2018's gaming in order again...
Spoiler:
January (finished at -4)
Purchased
-Persona 5 (-1)
-Dust: An Elysian Tail (-1)
-Danganronpa 1-2 reload (I'm going to count this as two since it's literally just a compilation of two games.) (-2)
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (-1)
-Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (-1)
Completed
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (+1)
-Persona 5 (+1)

February (finishes at -3 for the year)
Purchased
-None
Completed
-Danganronpa 1 (+1)

March (in progress!)
Purchased
-Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (-1)
Completed
-Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (+1)
Likely or guaranteed purchases left in March: Code: Realize Future Blessings, The Last Day of June and MAYBE Ni No Kuni II. Very likely to finish...Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and Code Realize Future Blessings, The Last Day of June...though Code Realize isn't out until the very last day of March so I won't be able to finish it until a few days into April. But in general I expect to soon be at (-2) for the year's running total.

EDIT: I am now not so sure about Last Day of June, as they expect me to pay $25 for 3.5 hours of gameplay, it seems, and for a game I will probably never want to play a second time, or at least, not for years. I think it'll have to go on a pretty good sale before it seems like a worthwhile purchase for me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've now also finished Tokyo Xanadu (pretty good, though it feels very recycled if you've played the Cold Steel games), and Oxenfree (didn't like it, REALLY not my type of game). So I'm currently at (+2) for March, which makes (-1) for this year's running total. I'm being pretty careful about not piling up my existing backlog with anything new. Will have Future Blessings soon but it won't arrive until early April from the looks of things, so I won't be counting it into March's total after all.

I also bought Ni No Kuni 2, which would have brought me to (-2) but all I have left to do of the main story is finish the final boss, so that'll be done...today, most likely. (Though I'll probably continue to play with finishing my kingdom on and off, since you can't actually totally complete it until post game anyway.) I am really having fun with NNK2, so no regrets on that purchase...I was worried about it since I thought I'd love the first game and ended up not being able to get into it at all.
Wondering now just what the DLC will be like and when it's coming, haven't heard any word on that, so far.

So March ended up looking like this:

March

Purchased
-Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (-1)
-Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (-1)

Completed
-Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (+1)
-Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (+1)
-Oxenfree (+1)
-Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (+1)

Abandoned:
-Danganronpa 2 (0) (I barely liked the first game enough to finish it...I can't get myself to bother with the second game, which came bundled with the first.)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just finished Ni no Kuni 2! Fun little game. Put around 55 hours into it!

Pretty happy with my progress so far this year:
Spoiler:
I only have 3 games left in my backlog (well, I guess 2 technically since a single game isn't a backlog lol) so I'm hoping that I might be able to clear my backlog out completely before Pillars of Eternity 2 hits next month. Almost a blessing in a way it was delayed; would be really nice to go into it backlog free.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Just finished Ni no Kuni 2! Fun little game. Put around 55 hours into it!

Pretty happy with my progress so far this year:
Spoiler:
I only have 3 games left in my backlog (well, I guess 2 technically since a single game isn't a backlog lol) so I'm hoping that I might be able to clear my backlog out completely before Pillars of Eternity 2 hits next month. Almost a blessing in a way it was delayed; would be really nice to go into it backlog free.
GOOD GRAVY, Ni no Kuni 2 just came out less than a week ago! Congrats on getting it finished up so quickly!

I've accumulated a backlog again, and it's as follows:

Playing: Atelier Lydie and Suelle The Alchemists of the Mysterious Paintings

Dabbling: Splatoon 2 (Finished the story mode, collecting all the gear, waiting for the Octo Expansion)

On Hold: Xenoblade 2 new game+ (about halfway through - missing 3 of the NG+ blades and one other rare blade)

Upcoming additions: Penny Punching Princess (out next week) and Pripara: All Idol Perfect Stage (in the mail)

I'd like to get them all done before anything else comes out, but as my next anticipated release is Neo Atlas 1469 (Switch ver) and it's both not confirmed for release outside JPN/EU + I don't know if I'll have the money for it right away, i'm not gonna stress too much. All of my other anticipated releases are already paid for and come out from May-September, or just don't have solid dates yet, so no rush either way.

So many 'summer' titles though, orz.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm still playing Ni No Kuni 2, but I'm loving it. I'm 2/3s to finishing the story, but I'm focusing on side quests at the moment. Can't seem to find certain items, so they must be later.

After that, I'm going to finish up the rest of my Mass Effect 3 files (two more left!) and then back to platinuming Save the Homeland (I have two endings so far and I'm missing three of the farm trophies)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I finished it the day before yesterday, too, except that I didn't fight the (very) final battle yet as I wanted to go back and do something else with my kingdom, first, but then I didn't do any gaming yesterday because I didn't feel well. I found it to be a game that compelled you to just keep playing until you were too tired to keep at it, or until you were forced to do something else, like eat or talk to human beings. I'll still do more with the kingdom even after the final battle, though. It's honestly not a long game...it only becomes long if you like seeking out every boss fight and doing a lot of kingdom-building. I'm at 58 hours right now, I think it was. I plan on completely maxing my kingdom and getting every possible resident (I currently have 86.) So I think by the time I'm no longer interested in doing anything more with this file, I'll have put about 80 or so hours into it.

I now need to go and look up what is due out in April, as I am not sure if I have anything waiting for me, other than Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. But I never worry about otome games as far as my backlog goes. I always finish them within the week of purchase.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess my general shock comes from the fact that my gaming time is being eaten up by work lately. One of my employees is on vacation until the end of next week + the new girl we hired quit suddenly, so i've had to pick up all the slack. I can only squeeze in a few hours in the evening and morning atm.

I like the thought of extra money but maaaaan, I just wana play Atelier!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I guess my general shock comes from the fact that my gaming time is being eaten up by work lately. One of my employees is on vacation until the end of next week + the new girl we hired quit suddenly, so i've had to pick up all the slack. I can only squeeze in a few hours in the evening and morning atm.

I like the thought of extra money but maaaaan, I just wana play Atelier!
I like that, though. I mean, not entirely, but...gaming hours that are hard come by seem so precious. Right now for me they're easy to come by so they don't seem all that special. (April should be busier and May quite busy.)

Though I hope you'll get some more...I think they're more precious when they're hard-won, but it's no good if it's impossible to get a decent gaming session in once in a reasonable while.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: GOOD GRAVY, Ni no Kuni 2 just came out less than a week ago! Congrats on getting it finished up so quickly!
Thanks!! Yeah I kind of went ham on the game :') Been having a bit of a stressful time irl so it was kind of perfect timing to jump in deep to keep my mind off stuff.

Summer is usually a dead time for games for me but this summer seems really jam packed which is super weird (but nice!). Octopath, LDC and then the new Jurassic World Evolution game that I just discovered yesterday, which is like a theme park sim but with dinosaurs.

We're also only about 2 1/2 months away from E3 which I have a feeling is going to be pretty big this year. Really can't wait!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm jittering a bit for E3. I really want news on Bokumono Switch, AC Switch and the Tales of for Switch, too, and though though I think Bokumono and Tales are very unlikely to show up since there has yet to be even a word about them out of Japan, just about everything as at least a chance of a reveal or peek at E3 even if it's just a glimpse from the side, so...yeah, wanna see what's gonna pop up! AC has at least a decent chance of appearing there this year, I think, though I'm afraid it may end up being a Smash Bros fest on the Nintendo side of things. (Which is great for all those who are waiting on it, and I'm sure there are a lot who are, but as for me, I couldn't give a moldy fig about Smash Bros, so if that's the only major thing to show up there this year for Nintendo it'd be a washout for me.)

Is there anything good coming out in April? I thought I had something waiting for me then (other than Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly, that is) but I looked around at what's expected and didn't find anything I cared about until May. I don't know if I've confused myself and there never was anything in April, or if I've just completely forgotten whatever it was.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, Bokumono is probably a wash unless the first reveal pops up in Famitsu before June hits. Not sure about Tales, but I'm pretty sure they usually announce their new games over in Japan with their own events and steam.

I'm mainly wanting them to show off the new Fire Emblem, so anything else is icing on the cake for me. I'd love AC too, but yeah I figure Smash is going to probably be the highlight for Nintendo (also not a Smash fan) but I guess we'll see! Since we don't have that many release dates for the latter half of the year, I really hope we see a lot of announcements.

I don't personally have anything in April besides Psychedelica, which is probably good considering May/June there is a lot I want to pick up.

My list:
Spoiler:
Summer is gonna be awesome <3
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I totally forgot about Pokemon Switch, but though I don't follow any news on that (I've never been able to get into Pokemon) I think it has at least as good a chance of being a feature as AC...probably a better chance than AC. Which makes me :( since I really want AC (with some fun new additions to make it feel fresh again after wearing New Leaf right out) and don't care about Pokemon, but still...I do think Animal Crossing's shots are only decent while Pokemon's are more in the 'pretty good' range, with Smash Bros being a guarantee. I don't know why they're having a Splatoon 2 tournament...is that game really so popular that needs to be at E3 even though it's already been out for a nearly a year by then?...but yeah, this seems like an E3 for big battling games. Very much not my milieu, though I tend to find E3 fun to peek in on even if they're not putting out games I care about. It's nice to see people get excited about upcoming games even when they're not ones I can get excited for myself.

I'd like to hear news that Liar Princess and the Blind Prince will be localized for the Switch, though. It's due out in Japan at the very end of May so...maybe? I'll settle for PS4 or Vita if I must, but I do find the Switch is the most physically freeing.

Well, I can't find anything else for April so I must have just been mixing up my March and May games and thought one of them was an April game...so that's...good, maybe? It doesn't seem like my backlog is going to get out of control any time soon, at least. I can easily get it flattened right out to zero before April is through.

The Backlog Blitz has certainly worked to keep me from buying stuff I don't REALLY want. Basically if I'm not wanting to play it as soon as I get it, I don't buy it, any more...because I don't want to see that backlog stacking up. So I'm always wondering if the game is worth that +1 I'm going to have to report. It's been a good thing :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got bored and made a backloggery. :P

https://backloggery.com/Bluie

It's pretty much only for my Switch. I didn't realize how many Switch games I wanted until I filled up the wishlist section. This year is STACKED for me, and it's not even E3 yet! What I mainly want from E3 is Fire Emblem. Anything else is just the icing on the cake. Pokemon would be cool, but I'm not gonna get too antsy about it. FE though, gimmie.

(I'd also take a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I can dreaaaam).