Animal Crossing New Leaf Question.

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I’m starting a new town with completely nothing. I’m still at the beginning stage and I can’t remember for the life of me: how do you unlock the town museum?
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iirc, it's there from the beginning. just go inside and talk to blathers
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup, the museum is always there...just go into the downtown area where Nookling Junction and the post office are, past the train tracks. :) It's always on one end or the other of that little street of businesses.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I must be blind: no, it isn’t. Only a empty space.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's very strange, because the museum requires no unlock in New Leaf. It's always there, at one end of the street of the 'downtown', though which end of town it'll be on depends on your town's default layout. You can expand the museum by adding a second floor, but the first floor should be there from day one. You can donate to the museum even before you become mayor...in fact, donating items to the museum is one of the ways you can gain approval in your effort to BECOME mayor.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’ll check again later but yeah it’s really strange. I still have a tent and had thought I needed to upgrade that first or something.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay this is no doubt a really dumb question...but you did go to the downtown, right? You're not looking in your own village area where villager houses and ReTail and the bus station are, are you? Cuz if you ARE, then you have to cross the train tracks to go downtown to get to the area where the museum is.

That's probably not it, but just in case, since in Wild World the museum was right in your own town, iirc, where the villager houses and so on were.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup. I’ve been too downtown. I bought a few tools and that’s when I noticed it. I’m probably overlooking it lol
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^
I just recently started over and I can confirm that it’s there since day one.
Anyway we should visit each other’s town sometime :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Kross and sure.
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Have you looked on both sides? The layout of Main Street changes depending on which side your beach is, so if you previously had a town with the beach on the opposite side, the Museum would be on the opposite side of your Main Street.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh yeah. I’ve found it lol