Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Dec 03, 2020 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
vdweller
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2018 5:41 pm 

Hi all!

I'm developing a game in the same vein as the older Harvest Moon games, enriched with a suburban gothic atmosphere, much like in some 90's TV shows.

Image Image

Casual harvest-moon lovers will enjoy the usual aspects of farm-tending. More "inquisitive" players will stumble upon fragments of a larger story, hidden mysteries, secret places, supernatural horrors, the double lives of townsfolk...and they could change things for better or worse.

The game is almost completed save for some last-moment polish. It will be available on Steam!

Please take a look at the trailer, tell me what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0HVZJ5yiY8

Also here's the game's website: https://www.gleanerheights.com/

Some stats and tidbits:
  • Play as a male or female character.
  • Over 30 villagers with their own schedules, habits, likes and dislikes.
  • Extended farming mechanics with over 40 different crops
  • Animals like chickens and cows, as well as a horse. Extended sub-mechanics include growing mushrooms in a mysterious cave, or breeding silkworms
  • Extended crafting system with lots of recipes, from fences to explosive arrows to cheese makers
  • Cooking with over 100 recipes
  • Complete town upgrade projects. Have your very own boat and explore the river and waterfall, and even explore underwater with your diving suit!
  • Romantic interests and marriage
  • Day/night cycle, seasons, and weather system
  • Skills and equipment (clothing) with set bonuses
  • Tool upgrades and mining
  • Fishing! Over 40 fishes populate various water bodies around the town and in underground lakes.
  • Town events and festivals
  • Main plot with different "endings"
  • Explore and discover hidden areas and dungeons
  • Multi-language support
  • Gamepad/mouse support

Last edited by vdweller on Jan 31, 2018 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

It looks really cute. I’d love to learn more about it.
I’ll read about it on steam.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2018 9:30 pm 
Anonymous Fish

seems interesting enough for me to check out. i'll probably look for it on steam and try to learn more about it when its added

Minnie
Post Posted: Jan 27, 2018 6:39 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Super excited, I've been following this for months. Any idea on a release date?

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jan 27, 2018 8:11 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I might be getting a windows laptop soon so, yay.

Can I learn more about the marriage candidates please?

vdweller
Post Posted: Jan 28, 2018 1:03 pm 

Shan O 123 wrote:

There are 5 male and 5 female characters to romance. Some of them aren't available fro the beginning but you have to do something to "unlock" them. Some of them may even be already married to another townsperson!

Bluie
Post Posted: Jan 28, 2018 3:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

vdweller wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:

There are 5 male and 5 female characters to romance. Some of them aren't available fro the beginning but you have to do something to "unlock" them. Some of them may even be already married to another townsperson!

*gasp*

DRAMA.

I love it.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm 
Anonymous Fish

[quote="Bluie"][quote="vdweller"][quote="Shan O 123"]I might be getting a windows laptop soon so, yay.

Can I learn more about the marriage candidates please?[/quote]

There are 5 male and 5 female characters to romance. Some of them aren't available fro the beginning but you have to do something to "unlock" them. Some of them may even be already [b]married to another townsperson![/b][/quote]

[i][b]*gasp*[/b][/i]

DRAMA.

[size=50]I love it.[/size][/quote]

A darker storyline and the ability to be a [i]homewrecker[/i], I'm sold.

vdweller
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 11:43 am 

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Bluie wrote:
vdweller wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:

*gasp*

DRAMA.

I love it.

A darker storyline and the ability to be a homewrecker, I'm sold.

Not just a homewrecker my friend.

Tell me of *one* HM-like game where you can drive an important townsperson to commit suicide because of exposing his illegal relationship with a now deceased underage girl. And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 12:12 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I don't know if this thread is intended just to spread the word, or also to get feedback. If it's solely to gather enthusiasm, then please ignore me. But if it's to get feedback...

I think there are definitely people who will be fascinated by the idea of 'realistic' things like divorce/infidelity/etc being included in the game, and it IS quite different from traditional HM games. But I think you're going to find at least as many who are turned off by it, because I know I am. I play these sweet farm-life sims because they feel happy and healthy. The idea of stealing someone's spouse or causing anyone to commit suicide (even if they are a horrible person) makes me feel queasy. I definitely wouldn't buy a game that included those things. But most people who don't like something about it won't bother to say so in a thread like this, ime...they'll just stay quiet. I hesitated before speaking up, myself, as I prefer to just let people enjoy what they enjoy without sticking my opinion in if it happens to be something I don't enjoy. But people will always answer a poll with their real opinion, as they don't have to speak up to do so.

So if you are looking for feedback to find out majority opinions on various aspects of your game, you could add a poll to your thread, if you wanted, to see what proportion of people would be encouraged to buy as opposed to how many would be discouraged by it, if that information is useful. You can add a poll on any topic and change it as often as you want. Though....come to think of it, it looks like you're not a registered user. If so, you won't be able to edit your original post to add a poll. (I don't know if anonymous users can add polls anyway, actually.)

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 12:21 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

^
They’re not a fishie Kikki :)

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 12:26 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well that's good, then they can, if they want. :) But if that is the case, I am confused by how it says they have 0 posts on what is clearly their 3rd post in this thread.

Oh...wait no, I remember...posts in this forum don't add to your post count, right?

Bluie
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 12:31 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yep, post counts don't go up here.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
Well that's good, then they can, if they want. :) But if that is the case, I am confused by how it says they have 0 posts on what is clearly their 3rd post in this thread.

Oh...wait no, I remember...posts in this forum don't add to your post count, right?

Right. Only posts in the hm/SoS/RF forum counts.

vdweller
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm 

Kikki wrote:
I don't know if this thread is intended just to spread the word, or also to get feedback. If it's solely to gather enthusiasm, then please ignore me. But if it's to get feedback...

I think there are definitely people who will be fascinated by the idea of 'realistic' things like divorce/infidelity/etc being included in the game, and it IS quite different from traditional HM games. But I think you're going to find at least as many who are turned off by it, because I know I am. I play these sweet farm-life sims because they feel happy and healthy. The idea of stealing someone's spouse or causing anyone to commit suicide (even if they are a horrible person) makes me feel queasy. I definitely wouldn't buy a game that included those things. But most people who don't like something about it won't bother to say so in a thread like this, ime...they'll just stay quiet. I hesitated before speaking up, myself, as I prefer to just let people enjoy what they enjoy without sticking my opinion in if it happens to be something I don't enjoy. But people will always answer a poll with their real opinion, as they don't have to speak up to do so.

So if you are looking for feedback to find out majority opinions on various aspects of your game, you could add a poll to your thread, if you wanted, to see what proportion of people would be encouraged to buy as opposed to how many would be discouraged by it, if that information is useful. You can add a poll on any topic and change it as often as you want. Though....come to think of it, it looks like you're not a registered user. If so, you won't be able to edit your original post to add a poll. (I don't know if anonymous users can add polls anyway, actually.)

Sure, you can play in such a way that you never hurt anybody. You can even leave the main plot utouched and still have lots off innocent fun. But I have to say, the game is potentially a darker counterpart to the "feel-good" games that are out there, it doesn't glorify evil though. I'm not trying to market the game as suitable for everyone, and to be honest maybe it won't be to your liking.

I've been trying to register since last May but the confirmation email never got through, I still have my first registration attempt archived in my emails. I tried a gain some days ago and managed to register properly. Sorry if posting the game here happened a bit abruptly, I could sure use some feedback all these months.

However I'm sure that many people would find a little Lovecraftian or Twin Peaks-y injection into the genre a bit interesting, and since we're talking about a farming game at the core, this is one of the better, most relevant forums to write about the game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next