Yasuhiro Wada's new game - Little Dragons Cafe

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aksys has shared a 'first look' video of LDC, if anyone is interested in seeing it. It's only a minute long though, so I don't know if it's new or not.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I thiiink that's the same one they were showing off at E3 this year. Still technically new.

I got some really nice tips today so I went and paid of my copy of Little Dragons Cafe! Hooray!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This thread must be just about wrapped up now (unless it's going to be used post-release as well, I guess) but the final character has been revealed. But it's still just in Japanese...I think the English is probably coming tomorrow since Aksys posted something today about keeping an eye out.

That link might not take you directly to the new character(s)...it's the two robotic ones on the second half of the characters page.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll probably do what I did with Fire Emblem: Fates release and shut this thread down and open a release day thread so people don't have to wade through pages of pre-release info if they want to post impressions, etc.

But we can keep this one open until next month :)

Edit: Here's the Gematsu article on the new character, and apparently monster variation colors

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/little-drag ... ter-colors
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The NPCs are super varied and interesting this time...this game is bursting with character. (No pun intended.) No complaints on that part...my only concern left is the one I've had all along...that there's actually enough to do in this. With Wada's games, that's always where I fail to get into them...they have great looks and a great premise, and then...nothing to do. Or, not enough...too much of the same thing, repeated over and over until you finish the game.

However, my sister will probably like this...and like it even if it isn't as busy as I like my games to be, with a Bokumono-level of things to do. In fact, she'd like it more Wada's usual way than Marvelous' usual way since she prefers things simpler/less busy, so I think I may as well just go through my pre-order. If it turns out not to be to my taste, it should still be to my sister's taste, so it wouldn't be wasted money. And it could still turn out to be something we both really like, which would be ideal.

However, we've still got more than a month to release, and they've been dribbling out new info fairly regularly...I wonder if that's gonna dry up now, or if they're going to move on to other types of info to dribble out, than character profiles. Making a new thread upon release and closing this one sounds good; I'm sure a lot of folks here are going to be playing this and will have things to discuss. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So that's all the characters, cool. I expect one last trailer just before launch, but we've got over a month left.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, and since they've carefully been doling out information all this time, I'd find it strange if that dried up for more than a month before release. Maybe they'll show a few recipes, or talk about the fishing mechanic, or show a region or two...little bits of things here and there. Maybe show a few customization options?

I suppose they could just go silent until right before release, but I'd find that an odd choice, at this point. Though just looking at the adventure tabs on the JP site shows me stuff I don't remember seeing. For example, Adventure tab #3 contains a dragon colour changer :) I assume that's all the colours you can achieve for your dragon in the game...you can poke any one of those colours and see it on the dragon, there. And the last tab is still inaccessible.

Nothing new here but I think this is the first fully English trailer I've seen.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry for the double post, but I found this interview from a person who has played some of LDC, and spoken to Wada a little, too, and I found it pretty interesting. If there's anyone left on the fence, this might be helpful...the person liked what they played, but has also mentioned some things they didn't like.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kiki, I think I figured out your disqus name. I see you around in my internet travels now and then! :D

I still can get over how nice the character models look in this game. I'm really looking forward to playing this a few weeks from now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

None of my internet names are very secretive...they're all more or less my real name :) But yeah, I'm pretty consistent in my opinions so if anyone happens to see me in two places they'll see me saying a lot of the same things, lol. I was actually wondering when someone would recognize me if they were seeing the articles I link. :) It figures that it'd be Bluie :)

So far it seems like the game is foraging and fishing for stuff with your dragon, feeding your dragon, and making food at your cafe. That feels like it won't be enough to keep me interested...but I'm not sure if all the blanks have been filled in, yet. I did see a brief mention previously that you can expand the cafe, which is something I'd like doing, so...there's probably more to find in the game than we know of, yet.

EDIT: Aksys has tweeted what I think is a new little exploration trailer. It's quite short.

EDIT 2: Interview with Wada and Shieh. It may be worth noting that there is NO combat in this game. All your dragon does is bump/ram into monsters and ingredients pop out. It's more like you're having him defend you and scare monsters away than it is like fighting, it seems. Also, confirmed no romance. Though I don't think anyone really thought there would be, at this point. There isn't going to be any DLC, but if it sells really well it sounds like they're already considering making it into a series. Wada sounds like he'd really like to make another of these games.

That's another point in favour of buying, imo. I like Wada's standalone games the least of all, but I feel like his stuff gets better when it's part of a series because it improves as it goes along, so if LDC became a series, all the more chance it'd become a game I'd be really into.

EDIT 3: I noticed in the background videos on the Japanese site that the dragon also appears to have some kind of energy or stamina gauge...perhaps to indicate when he needs more food or something and is running out of energy to fly or fight or...etc.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Japanese LDC site is being way more generous with sharing info about the game than Aksys is...Aksys has only given us character profiles. There seems to have been more added...possibly about daily life or chores or something? But both the site and the tweet alerting us to the additional info added to the site is in Japanese, so I can't read it. But I thought I might as well put the tweet that contains the link to it here since I know some of you guys can read Japanese and might be able to find something interesting in there :)

The new stuff on the site is in the 5th tab of the 'adventure' section, right here. That clock/wheel graphic is cute and colourful :)

It kind of looks like 'a day in the life of Rin' versus 'a day in the life of Ren', but...I can only guess from the pictures, lol. It's cute to look at, even if I don't understand it. I love how colourful this game is. I think that's what made me unable to pass it up.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ugh, the end of August is so far away! I wana play now! >:V
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol. Sometimes you crack me up, Bluie :) Not that it's weird that you want to play! I want to try it, too, since it has such a great look and no matter how it turns out, I'm quite sure I'm going to find the start of the game really fun. But I believe you're in the middle of Shining Resonance Refrain and Octopath, right? I never lust after a new game when I'm in the middle of a current one because I just don't have the ability to divide my attention that way...I'm too scatterbrained.

I've just got this cartoon in my head, of a chibi Bluie, holding three controllers at once (even though I know you only have one console option), with a stack of twenty games next to her and other games all over the room, in the middle of playing several games at the same time and seeing someone hold up a flier for a new one and chibi Bluie is yelling "I want to play that RIGHT NOW!" in spite of having no hands left to play anything else with, lol.

A bit exaggerated, but you can't help what images pop into your head. It's like the gaming version of a political cartoon. Too bad I can't draw...

On the new info on that site, though...I got the Rin time wheel, and the Ren time wheel...but was that third time wheel for that little horned dude? Or was it supposed to be common to both Ren and Rin? If only I could read a few words of Japanese...

If I could, I'd probably get it even more wrong than just guessing from the pictures ;)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, that's totally me. I'm a greedy, impatient child when it comes to videogames LOL. In reality, i'm patient, but inside i'm SCREAMING for release dates to be closer! I can't help that my tastes are so broad! D:

Back on the topic, i'm a-ok with no romance. I bet the characters all have their own stories and arcs and that's more than enough for me.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup it's a day in the life :) Basically it's showing you sample routines of what you can do on a sunny day (top), rainy day (middle), and on event days (bottom).