Yasuhiro Wada's new game - Little Dragons Cafe

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/01/ha ... te-losers/

This interview made me laugh. But it also has some tidbits of info. Like why he wanted the art style the way it is and about the characters. There's no direct character info, but just know that everyone you meet are losers. :lol:

And about the LE... I admit, I'm a sucker for thing like Limited Editions. The dragon plush is what pushed it over the edge for me. I don't care about the cards so much admittedly, I prefer art books. CDs are nice, but a lot of modern laptops are kinda moving away from having a CD drive. I'm probably gonna have to revive my old laptop with a CD drive just to do anything with it. I also haven't heard any of the game's soundtrack yet. On the other hand, I get things at a discount thanks to Amazon Prime, and when that discount goes away, the amount of Limited Editions I buy will go down. For LE's, I personally prefer plushes, pins, and art books. Smaller things like that.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I read about him calling them 'losers' before in an article a month or two ago, but I didn't really get it then, and I'm still not feeling it. They don't seem like losers at all, as far as I can see. They're kids, sure, so I understand calling them 'useless' in terms of their capabilities...they're not strong, so they won't be able to climb mountains to forage at the peak, or kill enemies, and they haven't learned many skills yet and were only barely starting to learn to cook and manage the store so they're not very good at it...but they don't give me the feeling of being losers, cute or otherwise. They just seem like normal people who have growing to do, like we all do. I haven't seen any evidence yet of them seeming like losers.

Perhaps I just have a much more negative connotation when I hear 'loser', of being someone who is willfully lazy and unpleasant and who shrugs off any challenge and simply stagnates even when they have ample opportunity to do and try more. Someone who never contributes, only leeches off others. I guess we'll see if the game shows a different aspect, but I think maybe the way he intends 'loser' to come across is not the way I perceive it.

What I mostly took away from that article was that you, as the main character, cannot fight monsters on your own even a little. You'll only be able to get animal drops when you have your dragon fight for you. So your dragon is your travel and foraging companion, and your weapon, too.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

If AC Switch doesn't get announced for E3, I can say I'd be fine with just LDC. It seems to fulfill that niche well enough for now.

I'm still debating on whether to buy on launch or wait until December for a price drop...
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I kind of hope his name really IS Arugula Huey, though.
His name IS Huey! :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

But the 'Arugula' was the bit that got me, not so much the 'Huey'. :) (That reminds me of Donald Duck's three little nephews...Huey, Louie and Dewey.) But the 'Arugula' was for the other guy (and probably isn't how it's actually going to be translated there, either.)

I also thought that "arugula" = "AROOgula", like the cry of a wolf. Which would fit a guy they keep equating to a wolf. But no sense worrying about it now, lol. He appears to be simply 'Huey'.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I was going to get the limited as at the time when I ordered it, it was just the plushie, but now it's waaay too much extra stuff for my liking. Just the game is fine for me, but I understand wanting all the other goodies too. Just not for me.
Tbh I wasn't until really sold on it until they added the soundtrack (Which I hope is good because soundtracks are my go-to type of music). The plushie I'll probably display in my dorm room next year. The cards are kinda useless, but at least they seem to show the full body art of all the characters?
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/little-drag ... nd-weather

Yet again, more news. And more characters. Although, something about Maurice really reminds me of an evil(er) Eustace Bagge from Courage the Cowardly Dog. I don't know why. I really should re-watch that show one of these days. Anyways, that's just a side note. But yeah, apparently someone really needs to call the Ghost Busters to the cafe.

So apparently the game isn't going to play without you at the cafe for the most part. So I guess you need to balance exploration, ingredient gathering, and managing the cafe. And yes, the employees in the cafe will actually work. Guess there won't be any freeloaders other than the ghost. There's also over 100 recipes in the game. I'm just left wondering how many rooms the cafe has if it has that many employees. :lol:
And weather conditions are in. I bet there's gonna be items that appear only on rainy days. I just have a hunch...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The ghost looks like an evil shark. He's creepy. Not because he's a ghost, but because he looks like a sleazy con-artist, lol. Chou-chou, however, is adorable. I think I'd rather have her as a pet than the dragon, lol.

I saw at least one other unintroduced character in there as well. Looks like there's going to be a decent little crew of people. I do wonder how all of these features will fit together to form the whole of the gameplay. The goal is to save your mom, right? And when you do...what'll happen? Does the game continue? And what benefit is there in befriending people and solving their problems? If it's just a new recipe, that's kind of boring. What purpose does money serve in the game? Will you be able to build new buildings or expand the cafe? What happens when you make the cafe a big success?

I still have a lot of questions :)

They're adding a lot, so it's looking more promising for me (I need a near overload of stuff to do and to choose from to stay interested) at this point, but I'll probably still wait to see what others here have to say after release. Unless the time it comes out concides with a time IRL where I have not much else to do and a strong hankering for a new game, lol. Then caution gets thrown out the window and I'd snatch it up right away. :)

I'm a little concerned about managing the cafe, though. There's a pretty good chance I won't like the cooking mechanic much. I hope it'll have a demo...but then, so many people here will get this that I'm sure I'll have ample info even if there is no demo.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hooooly craaaaaaap, Chouchou is adorable.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The game now has an official release date for North America. :) (Unless 'the west' doesn't mean North America, I guess.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh no.

That's the same day as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. They gotta stop doing this to me!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I suppose it could be wrong. I mean, they list Polygon as their source...but Polygon just flat out delcares that it's going to be the 28th without giving any reason WHY...no source for their info. Tried to find someone official saying it, but couldn't. I'm still looking to see if maybe Aksys or someone in a position to do so announced it, but I can't find anything.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It was probably information they obtained at E3 straight from Aksys, since Gematsu is also reporting the same date.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, I saw that earlier and the August 28th date doesn't match up with what Aksys has on their official Twitter. Aksys' Twitter says the 24th not the 28th. I don't know which one it is.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1 ... 1918874624

Edit: Oh, looks like Gematsu says the 24th too.
https://gematsu.com/2018/06/little-drag ... th-america
Last edited by Night Owl on Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Gematsu appears to be saying August 24th. Maybe someone initially typoed or something :) I often see articles say one thing and then I go back within minutes and they appear to have been edited. Yeah, Aksys tweet also says Aug 24. Does the day of the week mean much? Aug 24 is Friday while Aug 28 is a Tuesday.