Things You Want in Animal Crossing Switch

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There is no green available in the palette to match the summer grass at any time I have ever tried. The very closest colour is leaning toward yellow, while the grass in the game is leaning toward blue. *cries* I haven't actually tried to match any of the other seasonal ground colours, only the green, so I don't know if any of the other seasons can be matched perfectly or not.

Transparency would be an awesome option. Then you could scatter little gems into the ground here and there, or lost donuts or...etc. It'd be really neat :) Or if it there was an adjustable opacity level, you could even see the pattern of the ground through your tile but just change the shade of it a bit, as you pleased.

I'm very very greedy when it comes to design options for my town.
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd like the ability to designate areas off limits for new housing.
So the pretty orchard/flower area you just designed? won't be destroyed by Zucker going "Oh yeah this is a cool spot."
More plants! having a farm area would be good, but I don't know how they'd design it.
More weather effects. So maybe windy days (get more balloons) drizzle (more fish) dry seasons (flowers and plants need more water) things like that would be cool.
More customisable features like your person etc. I'd like longer hair, and things too.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wild World and City Folk already had turnip seeds you had to water and harvest.

They removed them in New Leaf for no apparent reason.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, I almost forgot.

Make Mr. Resetti automatically back in the game. Not a 360,000 Bells option for him to come and scold me, I want him to be back by default. He's one of my favourite characters (to mess with) and I shouldn't have to pay for him to come give me a piece of his mind.

Who cares if he made some kids cry? Teaches them they can't cheat at everything! Freaking over protective parents ruining all my fun. *grumble*
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Actual outdoor furniture would be nice. While you can have things like picnic tables and a barbecue inside, it’s no fun. Well, in my opinion at least.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd like if animals could wear not just shirts but hats and accessories and so on, like they now can in Pocket Camp. It changes up their look a LOT, to stick a hat and glasses on them. That ugly villager you just can't get rid of might become much cuter if you can get him into a monocle and a tophat, lol. You could also dress them more to suit their personality that way.

I also like the terrain customization we're getting and would like to see some aspect of that in the main game. The underwater foreground/background and main area, as well as the sky...it looks really neat, being able to change them. So it'd be cool if at some point in the game you could choose your village's setting, like underwater, or in the forest, or the desert, or etc. Even more awesome if the trees and plants available to you once you choose something like that became tailored to your theme, like cactus instead of pine trees or etc. And maybe even the houses.

That sounds too complicated, but it'd be pretty great if they could do it, imo.

I'd like to be able to place outdoor furniture, too, or at least have so many 'public works' types of project that it feels like you can decorate your town as much as you like, outside as well as in. I'd like to be able to have a yard with my house, like you could in Happy Home Designer or whatever it was called.
seachel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I would like to have outdoor furniture like how it was in AC : HHD. Also an easier way to unlock PWPs, it was really frustrating to try to unlock the specific PWP you wanted. Some of the amenities in Pocket Camp are super adorable so I'm excited to see what they will think up for the console versions. A larger town would also be nice.

I really hope we get to see something about the next console AC at E3. If it doesn't show up there then I guess there probably isn't an AC coming out by the end of this year.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I figure AC Switch is probably going to come out in 2019, but it's not like I have any insider information to base that on...it's just how it feels to me. They're always so slow with AC, it's hard to imagine it coming out sooner than I imagine rather than later.

One more thing I want, and it's weird and not important, but...as funny as this sounds...I might like it translated to English in the voices as well.

I know that sounds weird, but in Japanese, the animal voices are not as garbled, because Animalese is based on the way the Japanese speak, rather than the way we do (obviously). What I mean is this:
Animal Crossing Wikia wrote:In Japanese, Animalese is more clear and easy to understand as Japanese kana characters each represent one syllable from Japanese speech. For each symbol, the corresponding syllable sound is played, whereas in English Animalese consists of spellings of each letter as each letter can be pronounced differently in the English language.
So I'd like a version of Animalese that actually sounded a little like words to me, too. Though that'd be a big deal since if English-speakers got their own version of Animalese, probably everyone would want their own version, too, and then each localizer would have a lot more work to do. But I didn't say my wishes were reasonable. It's just one of the things I think would be cool. :)
seachel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

You're probably right about AC Switch coming out 2019 or later. Just wishful thinking on my part to hope for a 2018 release, as unlikely as it is... and E3 is kinda the last hope for a 2018 AC announcement. ACNL was released in 2012 so it has been a while but the team has been busy with Splatoon and the other AC spinoffs etc so 2019 or later is very likely.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

woohoo, squeaking in at the 10 day limit!!

I'm really hoping that they'll use HHD and PC as a springboard for what the AC:Switch can have. Better item placement. Outdoor items that are NOT just public works. The flower garden. More in depth characterization, like maybe all the sheep talk about something pertinent to them, or the animals with tails mention a tail getting in the way, and so on. NL characters felt a little stale after a while.

New Leaf was my introduction to AC and I'm hooked, and begging for a new, full fledged game.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kemine wrote:I'm really hoping that they'll use HHD and PC as a springboard for what the AC:Switch can have. Better item placement.
I was really glad they added that in the Welcome amiibo! update; it made placing items better. I hope they keep that in the Switch version.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know if this could actually be called a feature or not, but...I would like if they could operate the real game (AC for Switch) just slightly more like a mobile game. Normally I don't like mobile games...but I mean that in a very limited way. I'd like them to UPDATE a game like Animal Crossing semi-regularly, to keep it fresh. It's a game we're meant to play nearly daily for years, after all, but it's too easy to get bored once you have the major goals accomplished (your house, all the bugs and fish, a furniture set you wanted, etc.)

I would like to see AC become a series that Nintendo maintains with updates. Say an update per season. Just enough to give us something new. A new event, a new furniture set to collect, a new type of villager, a new line of clothes (hey, a fashion show event would be neat)...adding a few new things to the game every once in a while would go a long way to keeping things interesting, imo.

My ideas aren't specific, I'd just like to see AC be a game that doesn't get stale after half a year of daily play when we have to go five years or more between releases. I'd like to see it kept fresh by some means.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I shared this post on my AC-themed tumblr a day or two ago, and there's a lot there I agree with, but also I lot I don't really agree with. What I wrote was:
My favorites are definitely mayoral duties & choosing where villagers live (it always made sense to me that you’d have a say as the mayor?), skin tones (honestly, I know the beginning questions are a big staple of character customization, but maybe we could have a customization station like HHD or PC did, at the very least maybe for skin, hair, and eye colors, then your eye & hair styles could still depend on questions!), and another big gripe I had was when they brought the HHD decorating to ACNL, we couldn’t do half-tile placement (that really messed with my house :? ).

Also something definitely needs to be done about tools. If I get a lot of mail, then I have to go to my mailbox like 4 times because I have like 7 letters holding tools in my inventory!

I never really think about things I do or don't wanna see, but a lot of times lists and ideas come up and I agree or disagree. I just want AC for Switch. I'm sure whatever they come up with will be great!

Actually, one thing I'd like to see is graphics at least somewhere between New Leaf and the AC course for MarioKart 8, if not all the way there.