Masterpost of Farming Simulation Games that aren't HM/SoS/RF

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
BlueFeatherDuster
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I couldn't see it when searching but I would add Cattails. It's very reminiscent to Harvest Moon (marriageable candidates, dungeons to gather minerals and gems etc) It's very customizable with many skins you can get for your cat. You live in a colony of other cats (think warrior cats) and can even make your own after finishing the main story line. I've been playing on the switch and I've adored it. It's a fair bit shorter than a harvest moon title (you can get a mate within a year and a half ish) but there's a lot to do especially if you're a collector. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

BlueFeatherDuster wrote:I couldn't see it when searching but I would add Cattails. It's very reminiscent to Harvest Moon (marriageable candidates, dungeons to gather minerals and gems etc) It's very customizable with many skins you can get for your cat. You live in a colony of other cats (think warrior cats) and can even make your own after finishing the main story line. I've been playing on the switch and I've adored it. It's a fair bit shorter than a harvest moon title (you can get a mate within a year and a half ish) but there's a lot to do especially if you're a collector. :)
Bluie really likes that one, iirc, but said this about it recently:
Bluie wrote:If there's no farming/gardening/planting involved in the gameplay, then it doesn't fit in with the list. It's fine to mention it though as it may vibe with people here regardless. If I could put Cattails on the list, I would, because it's very similar gameplay wise to Stardew Valley, but there's no farming so it doesn't count.
I think the problem with adding any game that doesn't contain farming, even if it has other Bokumono-esque contents, is that the list would become endless, and she'd never be able to keep up with it. Well, maybe it's a different reason, though.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, that's basically it. This is a masterpost of Farming Sims, therefore it needs to have farming in it in some shape or form. If I were to include every game that has the same 'feel' as Stardew or Bokumono, I would never be able to keep up with it all. I have a slight problem keeping up with it regardless due to the absolute boom of farming sims we've been getting the last few years. The moment I think I have the list complete for the time being, five more games pop up on Steam or Kickstarter. There's also no guarantee that the 'upcoming' games are even going to get released as some devs either lose motivation for their projects and abandon them for something else, or they drop off the face of the earth. Not to mention the games that seem to never get out of early access and/or also get eventually abandoned.

Speaking of, Paw Heroes disappeared, Memory Tree: forget me not's website is dead (though their steam page is still up, so it can stay), and there are several other titles that haven't had updates since January this year. I'm gonna be a little lenient with my '1 year with no updates = deletion' rule because of everything that's happened in 2020, but if there's still nothing by mid year 2021, they'll be considered dead.

I like curating this list, I really do, but I can't see myself adding ANOTHER category for games that 'feel' like HM/SoS/RF minus the farming when I already have a lot to monitor already.
Deepblue_Karma
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Paw Heroes has rebranded as Kitaria Fables!
twitter: https://twitter.com/KitariaFables
steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1356 ... ia_Fables/

It looks adorable. I'm glad they haven't given up on it.

edit: Pff. I just caught that it's already on the list! But for those who liked what they were seeing from Paw Heroes -- yeah! No worries. :3 Still kickin'.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anyone play Gleaner Heights? It has a Switch port now so I might buy it once I finish my current farm games. How is it?
Hysuka
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Post  Posted:

Bountiful Life just went live on Steam! :) Kickstarter and downloadable demo coming sooooooon!
Hysuka
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Post  Posted:

https://youtu.be/SSB0k-BRxDU

Sunny Side looks sooooo good!!!! What do you guys think of this one? I love the artstyle and the cell phone is a new spin!
Last edited by Hysuka on Jan 26, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Areli posted a thread about Sunny Side around when the Kickstarter began :) (It has 9 days left to go.)
Hysuka
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Areli posted a thread about Sunny Side around when the Kickstarter began :) (It has 9 days left to go.)
Awesome! Thanks, Kikki. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've added Sunnyside to the upcoming list. Is there any word on if it's planned to come to PS4&5 and XONE&XBOX-SX? For now I'll keep the newest consoles there as placeholders.

Also, FYI:

-Lemon Cake is releasing on February 18th

-Luna's Fishing Garden is releasing on March 2nd

-Forest Farm is releasing April 15th

-Sun Haven is releasing May 28th

-Len's Island is releasing July 30th

-A Little Shop in Squirrel Town is out in early access

-No Place Like Home is out in early access

-Littlewood is out of early access and has been sent to Nintendo for final approval

-Everafter Falls has been pushed to 2022

-Space Chef has been pushed to 2022

-Dragon Acres has been pushed to 2022

-Memory Trees : forget me not has been pushed to 2024

-Castaway Paradise is coming to Switch sometime this year

-Oakenworld, previously known as 'Evercove' seems to have disappeared off the net. I can't even find the dev's twitter anymore. If anyone has any info, please let me know, but for now it's going to be taken off the list.

-Elf Manor, Mendel's Garden, and Celestial Rain are close to being removed as they've have a full year with no development updates.

And that's it for now. I've been a bit lazy updating the list, but it's all up to date now. I have yet to check steam for new titles though, so I'll do that very soon.

Edit: Went through Steam's appropriate tags. Sweet merciful maker, there's a lot of new games. Give the list a new look if you have the chance.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kitaria Fables - Rune Factory with cuddly animals

There's also Paleo Pines. It's Harvest Moon with cute cuddly dinosaurs, but that's too early with not much to show.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They're both on the list and have been for awhile.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I looked and couldn't find these 2 games on there:

Koi Farm (On Steam, releasing February 26, 2021)

Amazing Cultivation Simulator (currently on Steam for 10% off at $22.49 US)

Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:They're both on the list and have been for awhile.
Wait, is there I new list? I searched the list in the first page and didn't see Kitaria Fables or Paleo Pines on it.

I notice after you mentioned it that someone did beat me to Kitaria Fables a few posts up, but I don't see Paleo Pines anywhere? If we have a different list, link me so I can keep up too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Terranigma Freak wrote:
Bluie wrote:They're both on the list and have been for awhile.
Wait, is there I new list? I searched the list in the first page and didn't see Kitaria Fables or Paleo Pines on it.

I notice after you mentioned it that someone did beat me to Kitaria Fables a few posts up, but I don't see Paleo Pines anywhere? If we have a different list, link me so I can keep up too.
They're on the thread's original post, but you have to open the spoiler tags before hitting control+F to type in your search word, as it won't find words hidden under the tags.