Masterpost of Farming Simulation Games that aren't HM/SoS/RF

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, legit can't tell if it has farming/gardening mechanics in it. Will keep an eye on it though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't get a handle on it. The trailer made it look like you keep a graveyard out of respect for the dead, but if you want to, you can sell their blood to people who need it, or their other bits to make the hotdogs for the festival?! That doesn't sound like respect for the dead...and even less respect for the living, lol.

I saw a farm patch in one of the screenshots but I think it was just decorative, belonging to a villager house rather than anything the player can farm in, so I really wasn't able to decide if the game contains any farming or gardening or not. Perhaps it'll become clear once it launches on Steam. :)
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I can't get a handle on it. The trailer made it look like you keep a graveyard out of respect for the dead, but if you want to, you can sell their blood to people who need it, or their other bits to make the hotdogs for the festival?! That doesn't sound like respect for the dead...and even less respect for the living, lol.

I saw a farm patch in one of the screenshots but I think it was just decorative, belonging to a villager house rather than anything the player can farm in, so I really wasn't able to decide if the game contains any farming or gardening or not. Perhaps it'll become clear once it launches on Steam. :)
I think the first part is the other way around. You keep a graveyard to make a profit selling blood and parts, but if you really want to you could just bury the corpses normally :P

Also, in the trailer you can see a skill tree called farming and nature, so seems it's going to be included. They did a live stream the other day, and said release date is planned for the summer, but no concrete date.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did see a skill tree in the longer video...but the print was too tiny for me to read, so I didn't see what they said. So I went back and hit the fullscreen mode and paused it when it got to the skill tree, and I see the part you're talking about, now.

If you want to verify for yourself, Bluie, it's available at 0:45 in the '5 MIN GAMEPLAY REVEAL TRAILER'. If you fullscreen it, there are some very odd things in that skill tree, lol. Looks like you can learn to be a priest or something like that, as there is a 'theology' branch. This seems like a very unusual game. Full of gallows humour. A talking skull appears to be your guide in the game rather than any cute harvest sprites or any other sparkly, pretty thing. Well, that makes it unique. I wonder if it's going to be popular. I heard of it for the first time just yesterday when I posted this, so I haven't heard any fuss about it, yet.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There is a gardening section in that trailer. IDK how in depth it goes but I can add it in the other section for now. If for whatever reason it doesn't apply after it's release, I can delete it.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If anyone is interested, the alpha version of Graveyard Keeper is available now to buy from their site. Steam/Xbox release date is August 15th.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Good to know it's already (sort of) on the market. I'm going to wait since I'm very easily grossed out and not certain I want to harvest corpse organs and sell them to make hotdog meat for the festivals. :) Depends on how funny they make it seem, I guess. I'll look in on this one after it's gotten a full release and has some Let's Plays or something to check out. Though if it only goes to PC/Xbox I won't be getting it anyway, but I'll still want to look in on a few videos.

If anyone is picking it up, I hope you have fun with it :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Edited some stuff:

*Added Switch as a platform for Mineko's Night market
*Removed the 'summer' for the Switch version of Yonder (it's out digitally now, physical in few weeks)
*Added Graveyard Keeper's release date (Aug 15)
*Added a game called Forager in the 'other' section

Forager was pointed out to me by a redditor. It has a free alpha for anyone who's interested: https://hopfrog.itch.io/forager

I'm also letting you all know that as of 10pm est, the Little Dragons Cafe website has been hacked. All of Aksys has been. Stay away for now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow...Aksys seems to continue to have trouble with hackers these past few months. That's unfortunate :(

EDIT: Looks like another farming game is coming to the Switch. No real details yet, though. But I did find it on Steam, as well.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hrm, interesting. Here's hoping they optimize it properly as there's quite a few reviews for it on Steam complaining about crashing issues. IDK if I should add it or not right now as it's still in early access with various bugs, but I can put it into the 'other' area for now.

Anywho. LDC website is back and I added two more games:

*Slime Rancher - Has various aspects of farming in it, including tending a garden
*Farm Folks - Initially thought dead, but alive and well.

The link on Farm Folks goes to the creator's Twitter as their Steam page hasn't been updated in over a year. Looks like it's getting close to release now.

I also just decided to take all the TBA/Yet to be released games out of the spoiler and put them with everything else under that category. Now all the games under the spoiler are playable in some way or another. I'll put them back once they release, whenever that may be.

Edit: last thing, I put the 'upcoming' games into a spoiler to just clean things up and make the post smaller. I gotta run to work now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, just stumbled across a really weird one. Disdoored.

It's kind of like a claymation game where you save the world with fighting and farming and possibly foraging. I...don't really know how to describe it very well. :) You can also crossbreed animals in it to make new kinds of animals.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Added. That's certainly a unique one.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Something that came out of nowhere, just saw it on reddit.

https://www.arboreal.nl/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*LaI* wrote:Something that came out of nowhere, just saw it on reddit.

https://www.arboreal.nl/
How pretty... and I like trees even more than flowers and veggies. And the closed alpha version is coming up in just a few days, too! And they think they'll be changing to open beta in only a month or so after...I guess it's going smoothly. Looks like it's going to be a fairly simple game...though I'm weirdly a bit uncomfortable that it is going to be free.

Still...I want it.

When it is finished, that is.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That really did come outta nowhere. Added~