Masterpost of Farming Simulation Games that aren't HM/SoS/RF

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Terranigma Freak wrote:
Bluie wrote:They're both on the list and have been for awhile.
Wait, is there I new list? I searched the list in the first page and didn't see Kitaria Fables or Paleo Pines on it.

I notice after you mentioned it that someone did beat me to Kitaria Fables a few posts up, but I don't see Paleo Pines anywhere? If we have a different list, link me so I can keep up too.
They're on the thread's original post, but you have to open the spoiler tags before hitting control+F to type in your search word, as it won't find words hidden under the tags.
Oh « Cow Poopoo »! I never noticed the spoiler tags!!!

Thanks!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem. :) It happens to a lot of people, actually. (I think some people also don't know that the ctrl + F option to search won't look through text hidden under a spoiler tag. I didn't.)
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:No problem. :) It happens to a lot of people, actually. (I think some people also don't know that the ctrl + F option to search won't look through text hidden under a spoiler tag. I didn't.)
Yeah, you can't ctrl + f spoiler tags, but I didn't even see the spoiler tags. :lol:

Since that's been posted, I can show off some early teaser for Paleo Pines then. The images on Steam are from a very very VERY early version of the game. This is what the game looks like in 2021.
Spoiler:
Quick 20 second teaser

Last edited by Terranigma Freak on Feb 09, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whoa that’s a very large image my poor phone XD

But the game looks cool
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have the message in big bold letters on the front of the page saying you may need to open spoiler tags for ctrl+f to work. I have no idea how much more bigger and bolder I should make it so people will read it.

New found games have been added. I hesitated on adding Koi Farm, but if we're counting The Good Life, we can count it too. They'll both be in the other section regardless.

TF, you may want to put the image in a spoiler tag because it's stretching the page.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure that a bunch of people don't read the post first at all, though, beyond scanning the list for what they're looking for, so they never see that part. I think knowing the list is there, they just hit search and when it doesn't turn up the word they want, they assume the game in question is not on the list, without realising that there's two more long lists under spoiler tags to keep the post from being three miles long. But that's not your fault, Bluie; you can't force people to read the whole of the original post to see that it mentions opening the spoilers before hitting Ctrl + F to do a search of the lists.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I probably saw the text the first time, but when you're so used to a thread and never had to read anything but look through the list, you just kind of forget.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

List updated again. Several games have release dates now under the 'upcoming' tab and a few were removed for either being dead or disappearing.

Instant Farmer released out of nowhere in Feb and I just happened to miss it. I will do a sweep through Steam another day looking for any upcoming entries I may have missed in my last check. I stumbled on a game called 'Yokai Inn' on Twitter, but it's too early in development and I can't tell if the chickens outside of the MC's house is just for show or not. Game is cute though and I'll keep an eye on it for now.

Also, while it has no farming, Cozy Grove may be up some people's alley.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tis the season for new game announcements, so I've added all new games I've run into on news sites. If I happen to miss any, please let me know, but please also be aware I will update this list as my free time allows, so I may not 100% be on top of it.

Also, Hokko Life is now out in early access.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm posting here, because I just saw this on Gamestop.com under new games available for pre-order. It's called Epic Chef, and doesn't have a concrete release date yet. It's also by Team 17.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/ni ... 37695.html

Here's blurb from the product description on Gamestop's page for the game.
Get ready to embark on a culinary journey as you take on the role of Zest; who must farm, craft and cook his way into legend!

Epic Chef is a story-driven adventure game flavoured with life-sim, cooking and crafting elements, blended together into one delicious dish!
It all sounds really interesting. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How about Song of the Prairie? I searched the OP with the tags open and couldn't find 'Prairie' anywhere, so unless it's had a name change, this shouldn't be a repeat. It's due to open for Early Access in Q1 of 2022. It has very nice looks...this is something I'll definitely put on my wishlist and consider it when I have a Steam Deck.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Added.

I really don't have the opportunity to go through Steam's tags with a fine tooth comb anymore, so this is definitely one that flew under my radar.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, I found another! I think these ones I've mentioned today and a couple of days ago were fairly newly announced. But Lightyear Frontier is listed on Steam and was just announced today to be coming to Xbox, as well. It looks like you operate in a mech. Either that, or you yourself are a mech, lol. (Oops, no, I'm quite sure in one of those screenshots that I'm seeing a humanoid helmeted figure in a cockpit/operating area in the chest.)

I think this one was revealed for the first time ever just today. I'm HUGELY turned off by the idea of farming or exploring a beautiful world inside inside a mech. I want to feel the wind and grass and pluck the tomatoes myeslf; I don't want to suck them off with a vaccuum or whatever I ese them doing when they blow a field of wheat down.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It’s a weird take, for sure. Maybe they’re planning some gameplay that necessitates the mech thing. Jetpacks?
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kitaria Fables Japanese gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhiYQq7jc3k