Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 94  Next
RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 4:31 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Sorry Miko, had to remove your Cyberpunk link because it contains nudity and some mature content that we aren't allowed to post on here.

I totally agree though, it looks amazing! I honestly can't wait (and it's probably gonna be 2020 before it even comes out at this point lol)

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2018 6:04 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Yikes, sorry about that. D: Completely forgot about that by the end of the video... There was probably a bit too much violence there too though. I'll remember for next time!

It kinda boggles my brain that a studio of that size is able to work on one game for so long - agreed on the release date. :lol: Pretty awesome either way though.

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 29, 2018 3:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Onimusha: Warlords came outta nowhere yesterday. I've never played any in the series, but as this is another remaster at a good price, i'll bite when it comes out.

Also, it has samurais, so it's already got my money regardless.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 29, 2018 4:29 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The Battle Chef 'Deluxe' upgrade is out, now. :) And Dragon Quest Builders has a firm release date of December 20th in Japan. Which means that we'll probably at least get to see more details of it. The video showed a little bit of interesting stuff in between the long sections showing people chatting about it in Japanese.

Slightly curious about the 'Dragalia Lost' Nintendo Direct tonight, too. It's on too late, I won't stay up to watch it, but I can catch anything interesting tomorrow. :)

ryume
Post Posted: Aug 29, 2018 10:54 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Bluie wrote:
Onimusha: Warlords came outta nowhere yesterday. I've never played any in the series, but as this is another remaster at a good price, i'll bite when it comes out.

Also, it has samurais, so it's already got my money regardless.

Onimusha was a fantastic series. The first one was among the first games I bought when I bought my PS2 way back when it was newly released. Plus, the main character's model is based off of Takeshi Kaneshiro, which is always a plus in my book.

You can see a video entirely in Japanese and therefore I understand none it of him working on the game HERE.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2018 2:38 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

So, did anyone watch the Dragalia Lost Direct last night? I didn't. I'm a little interested in it despite it being a mobile game, but not so interested that I was willing to stay up late to watch it. But there are recaps of all the details now, so if anyone wants to see, here's a detailed article.

I don't know if I'll like it, but it looks pretty high-quality for a mobile game...I'm certainly willing to try it. Nintendo's official site is up, too.

They say the planned release areas are Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and the US, but by US that generally means 'North America'. Why do they not just say North America, anyway? It'd be more accurate. Unless it's literally available only to the US...

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2018 3:37 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Here's the thing about Dragalia Lost that confuses me: it's not on the Switch. I'm not saying this from the portbegger that I know I am, but as a legit question. There are several mobile games already ported to Switch, complete or coinciding with their phone releases and doing fine on the console. The mobile market it huge, but the Switch's userbase is actively growing and hungry for games, especially 1st party ones.

I just see it as a wasted opportunity to have it on two money makers. I am also salty I don't have a device to play Dragalia Lost and probably never will (I have a perfectly function phone and don't need a new one JUST for games) unless they port it over to Switch down the line. It looks like my cup of tea so I can only hope it does well enough that the servers don't get shut down a year from now like most mobile games of this generation.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2018 9:53 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I did watch the direct last night and I'm more torn on Dragalia Lost than I thought I would be. If it WAS on Switch I think I'd try it no matter what but at this point I'm not sure.

If it was set up a bit more like an MMO with campaigns that had actual endings I think I'd be more interested. It looks like a rabbit hole of character collection more than gameplay or story. So I'm iffy.

On the other hand I may end up trying Sword & Sorcery when that pops up on the Switch. :) I've just been seeing funny tweets from the devs going around that make me curious.

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 3:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Alrighty, Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World has a Japanese release date of December 13th, which means we'll get it anywhere January-March if they're planning on keeping that Winter release date. Kinda busy three months video game wise for a lot of people, but personally, I have only one confirmed game so far in that timeframe.

There's lots of 'early 2019' dates floating around, but nothing official.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 4:06 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have big hopes for Nelke. The only thing that could get me more hyped up in the same 'I get to build stuff the way I want to and the world in the game will be MINE!' way would be Animal Crossing, especially if they announced expanded opportunities to build and customize. (I still really want them to let us choose town types...let my town be a desert town, or a swamp town, mountain town, etc, with all different ground and tree and plant textures/appearances. But I know that's not gonna happen; I'm pretty sure it's too far into dream-land.) Looking forward to DQB2 as well, but it feels different.

There is also a six minute long official trailer for Torna, now. Longest official trailer I've ever seen! I also saw an announcement about a new song added to Torna: TGC, by a specific artist...but someone complained that being told that person had done a song for the game was a spoiler. I do NOT get what people think of as spoilers.

Lil rant about not understanding what a spoiler is...
Spoiler:
How is simply being told that Michael Jackson performed a song for Xenoblade a spoiler? (PS: I made that up. Michael Jackson did not return to the corporeal world to perform anything for Xenoblade.) I thought a spoiler was something that gave plot twists away. To me it sometimes feels like some people are complaining about things that aren't even in the realm of a spoiler. Like...'wait, this game contains CHARACTERS? And monsters, too?! I didn't want to know that, I wanted to find it out for myself! Stop with all these spoilers!'

To me a spoiler is like when that jerk drove by a Chapters store where everyone was lined up, waiting for the special midnight release of the latest in a certain very famous book series and shouts "_________ dies at the end!" That was a spoiler. And a very malicious, petty, pointless deliberate one, too. Now if he'd shouted 'Joe A. Schmo did the cover art for this one!'...I couldn't have thought of that as a spoiler. Weird, but not a spoiler.

I guess I just don't get what a spoiler is. :/ Though I feel like if you're at the point above, you should just be in total radio silence and it's your own fault for following ANY news directly related to the thing you're waiting for, if finding out any single thing about it is going to bother you. That or I just really don't get it. I want to know those things...they actually get me more excited, to know that all this cool stuff is in and I'm going to get to see how it all works for myself in a little while.

ChocolateKisses
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 9:05 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

has anybody played Battle chef for the switch? I know the deluxe version is out and its only 11 dollars but idk if I want to get it if its only a simple puzzle game.

Do you only get to play as that lady or can you now choose to play as the new chef they added? or is he only for multiplayer?

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2018 10:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have it. It's quite fun. Mina is the main character and the game is her story (the game is more story driven than I would have guessed before I played it for myself...I thought it'd just be a puzzle game with a few cut-scenes just to connect stages), so I think you'd probably have to play as her no matter what. You get to play as Thrash at one point, iirc, and in the content added by the Deluxe update, you can play as Ziggy. I don't know if it allows you to play him in other parts of the game or not as I'm still busy with other games and haven't gone back to BCB to try the upgrade yet.

I'm happy that the update is adding a free play mode where you can just cook and cook...I know I didn't discover all that many of the dishes, since you get a different result depending on how many orbs of which type you put in, and what monster they came from. The cooking system was always really neat, and having a freeplay mode will let me explore all the cooking combos and play the matching part of the game to my heart's content. :)

EDIT: Story trailer for Caligula Effect: Overdose. Pretty sure I want to play that.

EDIT 2: Some folks had an interest in GRIS, I believe, and a gameplay video has come out of PAX West. It's about 20 minutes long. There's also an eleven-minute video for Torna, though I'm not going to watch it so I don't know if it's good or not.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2018 1:52 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

WELP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... _date_for/

I was holding out for the first Valkyria Chronicles Switch port to be localized and here we are. I wanted to ignore VC4 until I played it. +1 to my October game releases.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2018 3:58 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hmm looks like TWEWY doesn't have pro controller support. Only solo Joy Con with motion reticle aiming and touch screen, so that's gonna be a huge pass from me unfortunately. My hands can't handle those tiny Joy Cons :/

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2018 4:18 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Hmm looks like TWEWY doesn't have pro controller support. Only solo Joy Con with motion reticle aiming and touch screen, so that's gonna be a huge pass from me unfortunately. My hands can't handle those tiny Joy Cons :/

Are you okay with individual joycon grips? They make the joycon quite a bit bigger and less crampy to hold. Though maybe TWEWY isn't a big enough desire to bother buying a separate product just to be able to play it, of course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 94  Next