New and tentative game announcements

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

((Here's the full Nintendo Direct.))

I'm most excited for:

Story of Seasons -Pioneers of Olive Town- Releases: March 23, 2021

Part Time UFO (Available today!!))

Edit at 10:45 AM:

Also, the Japanese release date for Rune Factory 5 is May 20, 2021.

https://www.siliconera.com/story-of-sea ... announced/

https://www.siliconera.com/rune-factory ... -may-2021/

Also, a new Steins; [unknown] project was announced.

https://www.siliconera.com/new-science- ... -by-mages/

Anonymous;Code now has a release window of Fall 2021 in Japan, available on PS4 and Switch.

https://www.siliconera.com/anonymouscod ... -canceled/
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The sos:pot looks cute-ish? Kinda chibi-ish which isn’t my favorite art style but this one I kinda like. Want to learn more about it.

Immortals Fynix rising or whatever it’s called looks really pretty but I don’t think it’s my type of game. Still, I might watch others play it lol.

part time ufo looks funny. I might have to give that one a try

Of course I already have Hyrule heroes pre-ordered and I can’t wait for RF5. Hopefully a few players here who get the Japanese version can tell us more about it once they get it :3
Last edited by Kross lover/fan on Oct 28, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haven got delayed to Q1 2021. I was expecting that, tbh. It looks better to me all the time, though. Also, I'm interested in Surviving the Aftermath, which was also on the Nintendo Direct Mini today. I think it's just a city-builder/resource gatherer, which is nothing special, but it might be more, as a whole, and I do so very much love rebuilding or improving towns/cities, I can't get enough of it. I'll definitely keep my eye on it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What the, where did this Nintendo Direct come from!? XD

Of course the one day off I don't spend glued to my computer, Nintendo just drops a Direct! Anyways, thoughts(on what I care about):

- Bravely Default II still not my thing. The characters models are giving me some really bad uncanny valley (they look like shiny vinyl figures, but they they start moving and eeaaauugh...). The voice acting was also unintentionally hilarious?

- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town looks a little rough. It's coming out so soon too, idk what to think about that. I'm going to buy+play it out of principle alone, but Rune Factory 5 is defs the more exciting game atm.

- It's cool the the No More Heroes series is now encompassed on the Switch. All 3 games + the spinoff is such a nice thing to have so people can experience the trilogy in one place.

- Part Time UFO is a very fun little game. I played it on my phone last year and it's both uber cute and and interesting challenge. I recommend it for anyone who just wants something really cute or likes puzzles.

That about sums it up for me. However:
Spoiler:

IF THIS MAN IS NOT MARRIGABLE IN RF5, I WILL BE EXTEMELY UPSET.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Looking forward to Rune Factory 5 and SoS Pioneer of Olive Town.

That Nintendo Direct Mini came out of nowhere. I wasn't able to watch it live and I only got to know about these when SoS subreddit was in my reddit feed.

Something to look forward to next year!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It was never available live. It was always pre-recorded (I watched it within minutes of when Nintendo first announced it.) So you didn't miss it via any lack of vigilance of your own :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, there has been so little gaming news lately. Pretty much nothing after the Nintendo Mini Partner Direct thingy.

This is barely even news, but Falcom has just made a sort of '40th anniversary announcement'. 2021 is their 40th, but most of their declaration was very general. They'll be getting their games onto more consoles, and trying out new IPs as well as continuing with their flagships (Trails and Ys). That much is random blabber, as far as I'm concerned, but they did also say that they'll have an all-new Trails game in 2021, which almost definitely means the first game in the Calvard arc.

Timely news, when I just completed Cold Steel IV yesterday. We still don't know if Hajimari is being brought over or not, though. Probably? But with it being a bits-and-bobs kind of a game, maybe not.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Wow, there has been so little gaming news lately. Pretty much nothing after the Nintendo Mini Partner Direct thingy.

This is barely even news, but Falcom has just made a sort of '40th anniversary announcement'. 2021 is their 40th, but most of their declaration was very general. They'll be getting their games onto more consoles, and trying out new IPs as well as continuing with their flagships (Trails and Ys). That much is random blabber, as far as I'm concerned, but they did also say that they'll have an all-new Trails game in 2021, which almost definitely means the first game in the Calvard arc.

Timely news, when I just completed Cold Steel IV yesterday. We still don't know if Hajimari is being brought over or not, though. Probably? But with it being a bits-and-bobs kind of a game, maybe not.
>bits-and-bobs kind of a game
>IMPLYING

Yeah, no. Hajimari has a ton of lore going on both in the main campaign + the character / side episodes. It has a ton of foreshadowing on Calvard too and two of its routes are tied heavily to CS4 so nah. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets localised before Crossbell.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can see that you are replying to my post to disagree with it, Daisuke Tsubasa, but even after coming back several times to re-read, I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. I keep trying to guess, but I just don't know you well enough to reply as though I get what you're saying.

I'm going by 'bits-and-bobs' being pointed out (though I've no idea why you wrote "IMPLYING"...are you implying something, or was I being accused of it? Because I don't think I implied anything, and if it's you, then I don't know what you're implying, either), but none of what you've said would make me term it differently. I also see Sky 3rd as something of a bits-and-bobs game, to a lesser degree, and it was a huge lore bomb. It being full of lore is not my criteria for being a bits-and-bobs game. (For the record...I'm not into the world lore, tbh. Not in any game; it's just not my thing. I know a lot of Trails fans are, but I'm in it for the smaller, more personal stories of the individual characters, not the world lore.)

In the end, I'm guessing you think I mean something by 'bits-and-bobs' that I don't actually mean. It's not an insult.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Chill, it ain't that deep. I know it wasn't an insult in of itself. I was replying to the fact you stated that Hajimari had less chances of being localized just because it was a "bits-and-bobs" game which I have no idea as to how it would make its odds of making it over to the west any less, especially when lore heavy games like Sky the 3rd are beloved in the fanbase. I apologize if my post came off as offensive or aggressive, not my intention at all.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, while I think they'll all be localized sooner or later due to ever-increasing popularity, I do feel that it being neither a direct continuation of IV, nor a direct prequel to the next Trails game, might make it a lower priority than all the other stuff they may have on their plate.

With a new Trails game out in Japan in 2021, and possibly Ao and Zero to work on localizing, and Cold Steel IV not to hit Switch until sometime next year, and Hajimari yet to be mentioned by NISA, it does make me wonder if they'd end up pushing Hajimari aside to work on the others. It's just the way I see it, that if any of them were in danger of getting pushed aside to make room for the others, it'd be Hajimari first, due to demand for the Crossbell games being loud and constant. That's why I expressed that though I think we'll get Hajimari localized, I am not 100% confident about it. I had once been sure that Xseed would always be behind Trails when all of a sudden, the series hopped over to NIS America, so at this point, I'm not completely confident in anything Trails-related.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

NISA seems to only shy away from visual novels not called 'Danganronpa' when it comes to localization lately. They WONT localize their on in-house produced VNs like Bokuhime Project, Murder Detective, and Shin Hayarigami. In fact, NISA practically likes to pretend they don't exist and even told users on their forum (when it was around) not to ask for them because 'we know they exist and don't need to be reminded of our own products' lol.

But when it comes to literally anything else, we have have a chance, higher especially with recent Falcom titles because *Mr. Krabs Voice* They like money! While this is partial speculation, I believe that the biggest reasons Falcom moved from XSeed to NISA was 1. They have a quicker turn around in localization and 2. NISA can and has ported their games to Switch for them. Endgame, more $$$$. Falcom has expressed that they want more of their games on Switch, and if NISA is doing it for them while they're working on the localization, big bonus. Money from both sides at that point.

With the Crossbell games, if I'm remembering correctly, Xseed wouldn't touch the PSP versions because the ship had long sailed and the only PC versions that existed were in a language they weren't super familiar with. Then the Vita versions were a thing and they couldn't touch them due to licensing issues with whomever did the remasters/ports. So they never made it over here and the fandom had to take it upon themselves to fill in the blanks. Now we're getting PS4 versions, Falcom likes money, and NISA can do ports.

Overall, Trails has an audience now and as far as I can tell, it's selling. It's niche, yes, but it has the ability to be in so many more people's hands now that it's growing and thriving. Both Hajimari and the Crossbell duology have decent-high chances of localization at this point. I'd say after YSIX's release and the Cold Steel IV Switch port releases, we could hear some news.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:NISA practically likes to pretend they don't exist and even told users on their forum (when it was around) not to ask for them because 'we know they exist and don't need to be reminded of our own products' lol.
Whoa, that is not good public relations. I don't know if the person they were replying to on that occasion was being rude or aggressive or what made them reply in such a snappish, dismissive way, but repeatedly telling a company you want a game (within certain limits, mind you!) isn't 'reminding them of their product', it's giving them evidence of the size of their market. It's speaking up so that they know there's good reason to take a game on. :P Nisa!

I want Murder Detective, myself. (Though not as much as I want to hear word of Ace Attorney from Capcom. Has the series been abandoned, or what?)

I don't know why I can't get fond of NISA. I was quite fond of Xseed and spent a lot of time on their forum, even after Tom left, though it was better before he did...felt good knowing that you could actually speak to a member of the team. They pretty much abandoned the forum by the time Tom left, though, except for very rare replies from Calros, and my fond feelings for Xseed have died off, too. They're just any old company to me, now. I guess in both situations it's the feeling of accessibility, of having the ear of the localization team.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It was actually one of their rules in a specific part of the forum where you could make your case for games you wanted localized. You weren't allowed to bring up anything that NISA had developed in house, because they knew about it and didn't need them to be brought up. Because NISA localizes a lot outside their own titles, a lot of people flooded the forums to plead their case for whatever game they wanted. The Danganronpa series was one of them, I remember the looooong thread that was there and it was clearly enough to convince them. Anything that was already in the NIS catalog got locked and told what I've already said above. Now all we have to ask for anything is using the Pram's Wishlist feature on their official website, which has been around for ages and I never used so I can't comment on its success rate.

When it comes to NISA, my feelings towards them are mixed, but accepting. They've done some really stupid « Cow Poopoo », but they've been rather fine lately. A lot of my favorite games have come from them AND they are consistent in picking up games I thought lost in Japan (minus their own VNs, for whatever reason). I used to LOVE Atlus, because they were THE COMPANY who pick up all the wacky and strange JRPGs, but they're a shadow of themselves since the SEGA buyout. They hardly touch anything that isn't in house any more, and it's a shame, because their localization is really fantastic. Aksys is more or less the otome/fighting game company at this point, which is fine, it sells, but they don't pick up a ton else (Pretty Princess Party was a pleasant surprise, honestly). NISA has a finger in a lot of pies, not only localizing, but also publishing indies and doing limited editions for other company's games. And they're doing it all consecutively instead of one-offs. In a few years my mindset has gone from 'this is too out there, we'll never get it' to 'NISA will probably pick this up' - especially if the title isn't linked to any particular big name company.

With Xseed, I have always had mixed feelings towards them as well, because they have also brought me some of my favorite games(and continue to), and then they go and waste their time with tits and « Mr.Gourmet's hat » games, which they've pretty much solidified is part of their brand now. I don't care how great the gameplay or story is, I refuse to play games that are marketed and developed to solely objectify the female body in the most degrading ways possible. « Snuggly Bunny » that and « Snuggly Bunny » Xseed for continuing to encourage it. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but the Senran Kagura has always made me retch and everything else from the same producer is the same old « Cow Poopoo ». 'How much can we demean, degrade, and humiliate this female character?' is what goes through his mind firstly before anything else, I'll never support it, period. If Xseed wasn't still localizing Rune Factory and Story of Seasons, I probably would've washed my hands of them awhile ago. They're good at localization regardless of my personal feelings though.

Edit: On a completely different (and on topic) note, the Atelier phone game may be heading West;

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/koei-te ... -australia

I've actually played this. I made a Japanese google account to give it a try last year, and it's pretty OK. Language barrier kinda stopped me from progressing too far, but it played well enough. The map was fairly large and the gacha wasn't horrible. I'd 100% be onboard to play it again, but I defs need to get a new phone before I do.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A company localizing a game I hate won't stop me from buying the game they're localizing that I like, so in the end, my feelings for a localization group makes no difference. I wouldn't touch Senran Kagura with a ten foot pole, either, but its presence on Xseed's roster will probably never stop me from buying Story of Seasons, barring anything radically horrible. (I've only seen very brief blips from SK, but it's pretty gross. From the tiny bits I've seen, it felt like it made a game out of sexual harrassment. Also, being chesty myself, I can't stand to watch big-boobs joggle around, clearly unsupported even while the girls run and leap. It's not only painful, it will result in stretch-marks and sagginess. Bet the big bobbling boob fans wouldn't be so fond of that. Movement must be strapped down as much as possible if you wanna keep 'em pain-free. And pretty, which is probably the part that matters.)

Aksys does really good localizations? Is it a specific genre they dedicate their more skilled team members, to, maybe? Cuz all of their otoge localizations in the past year or three have been rather bad, sprinkled liberally with missed words, repeated lines, typos, and flat-out poor English. Cafe Enchante was, as well.

That doesn't make any sense to me, tbh. Yes, they know the games exist if they are in their own parent catalogue, but just knowing they exist doesn't mean they know how much demand there is for them in North America (or the PAL region.) Well, I don't know how they operate and I didn't even know they ever had a forum, but from the outside, having a rule like that sounds weird to me. Was it only in one section of the forum where people weren't allowed to mention NIS's own games? A section specifically for bringing attention to other games, maybe?

EDIT: Yep, saw that Atelier Bressisle (? something like that) game this morning. Mobile games don't reach me, though. I've never owned a cellphone, smart or stupid, and my tablet is a million years old. Plus I dislike playing games via touchscreen, and I don't approve of micro-transactions...I want to buy my games outright. Just not a market I belong to, I guess. Hope it does well if it is a good game, though.