Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 23, 2020 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
Kaiyumi
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2020 4:23 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

^

Oof indeed. I can't say that I'm remotely surprised though; most big franchises seems to have a mobile game of some sort to lure in fans and to use as a cashgrab (like the Yakuza/Ryuu no Gotoku mobile game...). For all the complaints right now, they might still get a pretty decent amount of money depending on how the game plays out and if they manage to lure at least part of the fanbase in.

I will never forgive or forget Silent Hills being cancelled and Silent Hill Pachinko being announced not long afterwards though.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2020 5:39 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Good gravy, Nintendo just dropped the motherlode of Mario games.

And that's not all. The WiiU title is getting a re-release, there's a VR Mario Kart, a bunch of SNES titles + a ton of goodies to anticipate. Here's the Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_UcjEq ... e=youtu.be

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2020 6:07 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^
aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Spoiler:

Rofl. I want it! All of it!!! Well, except for the in home racing one. Don’t know how I feel about that. Mario and friends don’t need to see how my house looks like :lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2020 6:08 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

EDIT: Hmm...nevermind. Gotta check more...title was misleading.

EDIT 2: The Mario stuff coming to ACNH will be furniture, apparently.

greensara
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2020 12:30 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I'm happy they're bringing the Mario series to AC, I wonder if we're going to be able to find/ buy the pieces or if we will be crafting them? Of the other Mario stuff, I may play with the "free" stuff but I don't know if I want to get the ports/remakes or not, platformers were never my thing. My little brother on the other hand is probably in the same camp as Kross and will want it all for sure, lol. I can't say much myself though, if they do an event like this for Zelda's anniversary, I am totally fangirling all the way!

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2020 7:35 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

That was a fun surprise this morning, huh? :o

I've always liked 3D Mario more than 2D, so I'm unfortunately likely to get the Switch ports...even though I have all my original copies of all three games. :lol: I really hope there's some quality of life improvements to the games...probably not but, fingers crossed.

ACTUAL NEW CONTENT in a WiiU port! It feels like it'll be more than what's in the Pikmin 3 port. I never finished 3D World...but for some reason I'm really curious.

If nothing else, this should be exciting to Zelda fans because it bodes well for next year. Even if Nintendo lavishes more care on Mario than Zelda, Nintendo is aware of how popular BotW has been. And as an aside, imo the waggle starbit gathering controls for Galaxy should give hope to anybody wanting a Skyward Sword port. (Yet another game I want QoL improvements in though.)

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 04, 2020 2:44 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's fun to see people happy with the Mario stuff. :) I hope it turns out well for all the fans! Though I don't remotely understand the jokes (?) that were going around about a not-gay Bowser, and Mario not being Italian any more. :shock:

~

So, the title 'Immortals: Fenyx Rising' really IS the new title for Gods & Monsters...we now have proof and some screenshots, and a release date of December 2. Imo, the original title was much better...the new one feels cringey, like it's trying so hard to make itself sound cool that it ended up having the opposite effect and has confirmed itself as a gawky dork. And I think it looked way prettier before, too, graphically. (That's the official site, but as of now, it hasn't been changed yet.)

I...no longer particularly want the game :( I was really interested in it a year ago, but these changes seem to have removed it from my realm of interest. It looked like an adventure, before, but now it seems like little more than a fighting game, which: not my thing. I'll take a closer look at it once it releases, and I'll definitely check out a trailer if we get one on the 10th, but if I had to judge from this info alone, I'd be giving it a pass.

Boo. :(

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 05, 2020 9:22 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Important enough for a double post because this is only available today. I don't know what the King's Rock item is, but if you play Pokemon and you want it, you have to claim it right away.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 6:52 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! BOTW PREQUEL IN HYRULE WARRIORS FORM.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 7:02 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

*o* welp, there is only one thing to do with this information!
*stands in line in front of GameStop until day 1 release*

Looks pretty cool! We already know bits and pieces of the story and we know how it ends (unless they really change the events that leads to our BoTW) but to play as the worriers themselves!!!
I’m going to play as fish princess (who’s name I cannot remember) so much :lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 7:09 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mipha :) I bought a piece of fanart of she and Link together (she's healing him), so it's one of few names I always remember.

Thank goodness someone posted it! I kept refreshing the page, hoping someone would cuz I didn't want to triple post...in the end I couldn't hold it in and just added a line to my backlog post instead, since it happened to go with what I was saying anyway.

This is pretty cool. I don't know if I'll get it, but I still think it's a great announcement. I'd love to have someone who played the first Hyrule Warriors say how they feel about Age of Calamity (after they play it, I mean), comparatively speaking, since I'm pretty sure this time they've used actual story points from the LoZ team rather than making up their own. Maybe we can take the story as canon...or at least one good option of what the team might have gone with, if they'd included any notable scenes from the war?

Unfortunate that it'll be a while before we get any news of the real BotW 2...that makes me afraid they're pretty far off on a release...but nothing we can do about that!

greensara
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 12:39 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I'm sure I'm not the only one who may or may not have made an audible squealing noise upon seeing the announcement and maybe a couple times during the video.... so excited! I know it's not the sequel yet, but at least they let everyone know they're still working on it to make sure it's good. (Fingers crossed) I keep considering getting the other Hyrule Warriors game but this game is a total yes for me. Getting more story and BOTW's world and characters and playing as multiple characters? Yes, please! Plus I'll get to use those Zelda series amiibos again (and maybe they'll re-release a couple I missed). Now they just need to announce a Story of Seasons/ Zelda crossover someday, for the perfect game, lol.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 1:41 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

They've already announced that they are re-releasing the Champion Amiibos (alongside the release of the game). Some pre-orders have been made already...if people want 'em, it may be best to secure them early; amiibos tend to sell out and a great many resellers are horrible people.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I just think it's funny how that Spanish podcast turned out to be a real "leak". :lol: Almost makes me wonder if it actually was planned. It was so inconspicuous I can't help but question it.

This is an absolute pass from me. I'll wait for BotW 2, which I'm guessing Nintendo has been planning all along to save for the "Year of Zelda". Heck, we don't even have an official title for it yet. Just gotta dig deeper into the ol' backlog and be patient. :)

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 10, 2020 11:51 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'll probably buy it, because it was initially Nintendo's idea, and they wrote the story for it, afaik...and I want that extra story. The extra story should have been BotW DLC, imo, but I was curious about Hyrule Warriors anyway, so might as well commit to this one, which may actually be canon in the core details.

In other news...

The now unattractively-named Immortals: Fenyx Rising is due out December 3. (I mentioned this in the past few days, but if you didn't see, this is Ubisoft's game that was called 'Gods & Monsters' until this past week.) The altered graphics and name are both a pretty big turn-off for me, so I definitely won't be buying it on launch. It'll take lots of juicy reviews/screenshots/video clips to turn me back onto it, at this point.

EDIT: The gameplay of Fenyx is even more BotW than I was anticipating. I've only watched about 10 seconds of this, but already the kid uses what looks almost identical to magnesis. Also, the official site for the game got updated, I think just today or maybe yesterday. I do like that Fenyx appears to be highly customizable, including gender.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next