Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I really love pokemon go so I am really excited for this. I think I will go with eevee!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:
Edit: Quick question for those playing Quest. Since its ultimately a 'gotcha game', how does all of the waiting for the timer based things while you're out on quests work out? Do the quests make the waiting seem more worth while? (Thanks!!)
There's two cooldowns; the first being how many expeditions you can go out on your pokemon with and the second is your cooking pot which is what attracts new pokemon to your team.

It's fun in small bursts, totally playable without the DLC (that adds less cooldown, special pokemon, decorations, ect). Half the fun is seeing which pokemon shows up after your cooking finishes.
tots45
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Duuuuude, I am so stoked about this, Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game, and I love that it is being 'remade' for the Switch.

Love the look of this game, and I'm super pumped for a main line iteration coming out in 2019!~
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To me, it generally just looks like a lot of fun. I don't have Pokemon Go, but it'll probably be plenty fun without it too. I'm glad that the Alolan forms are in as Meowth is my favourite Pokemon and i'd love to get both on my team. I just hope November stays clear of video games I want besides this. I don't make a lot of money in that month usually, so if it and say, Fire Emblem both release then, I may cry.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks Bluie, that makes a lot of sense. :)

It sounds like something that could be fun maybe before or after another game. I'm sold-I'll go set it to download so I can try it later~

Edit: Okay, I'm sold on the game now. :) Nostalgia bomb, GameXplain just released this side by side comparison video of the Let's Go games and Pokemon Yellow. My childhood /sobs
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I preordered mine and my sister's copies yesterday. I'm getting Pikachu purely for nostalgia reasons (Yellow was my first Pokemon game) and my sister is getting Eevee since it's her favorite Pokemon. Plus, I like Pikachu riding my shoulder more than Eevee riding my head.

I have a theory regarding Pikachu and Eevee starters: We won't be able to evolve them. In Yellow, we can't evolve Pikachu into Raichu because Yellow was basing off the anime and Eevee and Pikachu can be customized in Let's Go.

First thing I'm going to do is transfer some of my Pokemon over from Go, specifically my Dratini. I love Dragonite.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^It's confirmed that they can't evolve, but any other Eevee or Pikachu (found in Go or in game) can be evolved.

On my Meowth comment, I hope they're even in the game. Meowth wasn't in OG Pokemon Yellow and people are theorizing that the Alolan forms are gonna be GO only. I don't have GO, phone can't run it, so I might have to beg for my favourite Pokemon! D:

I hope not.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:^It's confirmed that they can't evolve, but any other Eevee or Pikachu (found in Go or in game) can be evolved.
Ah, I didn't know that was confirmed, but thanks for letting me know.