E3 2018 - Ushi's 6th Annual Information & Discussion Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

What conferences are you looking forward to the most this year?

You may select up to 8 options

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Ah, thank you! Looks like a ton of fun!

Now I missed the Octopath Traveler presentation because I was making dinner! Man, my luck today suuucks.
EDIT: Sorry, my link didn't go to what it was supposed to...Lai's suggestion one before me should work fine, though :)

If anyone else comes along wanting to see more on H'aanit and Therion, that part of Treehouse starts here:
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 13, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got it! d(>_・ )

Thanks guys~
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In E3-related news/speculation...Reggie Fils-Aime has said that the reason they didn't show Metroid Prime is that they wanted to stick to games that would be releasing within 6-9 months. (Apparently so as not to 'repeatedly tease' fans, though I don't know about that part.)

But what I got out of that (out of my own head, that is) is that Animal Crossing is not going to show up for at least 9 months. Well, I didn't think it would show up until late 2nd quarter 2019 at the earliest anyway, but...even though I thought that, I did still WANT it sooner, lol. But from what he said I figure that they showed most of what they have for the next 6 to 9 months.

Though I won't complain too much. I've gotten enough in 2018 (from more than just Nintendo, though) that by the end it'll work out to my having purchased about one new game every month, which is pretty much what's affordable (for me, I mean) without stealing from other parts of the budget.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I'm not clear on if the 'lots of talk' was at E3 itself, or from other places, but...saw an article that says Yoshi has been officially delayed to 2019. Guess that's why it didn't make the appearance many were expecting this time?
Ah dang it! Oh well, plenty of games coming out this year for me anyway.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So apparently Nintendo Treehouse said "Octopath Traveler's main story is 50-60h long, 80-100h with the sidequests" r i p backlog
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:So apparently Nintendo Treehouse said "Octopath Traveler's main story is 50-60h long, 80-100h with the sidequests" r i p backlog
YEP.

IDK how i'm going to have time for it and Shining Resonance, but i'd like to get them done before the August heavy hitter that is Monster Hunter. Summer is so busy though, so yeah, RIP backlog.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:So apparently Nintendo Treehouse said "Octopath Traveler's main story is 50-60h long, 80-100h with the sidequests" r i p backlog
Hooly « Puppy Doodoo »...I'm both excited and terrified. :o It's really making me curious for the new demo. I guess we won't know at least until the new demo but I really wonder what the limits of the story are (e.g. is it like Secret of Mana?? Or have they clearly specified that each character has a completely separate story?)
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

They're showing Daemon X Machina on Nintendos twitch right now. They showed it briefly at the beginning of the direct and I wasn't all that interested, but watching the gameplay now, I'm actually getting kind of excited over it.
Apparently it's made by a good chunk of the Armored Core series dev team, which I've played a bit of before and I remember really liking it.

Another link, in case anyone wants to check it out. Not sure how much longer they'll be playing this. :U
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:They're showing Daemon X Machina on Nintendos twitch right now. They showed it briefly at the beginning of the direct and I wasn't all that interested, but watching the gameplay now, I'm actually getting kind of excited over it.
Apparently it's made by a good chunk of the Armored Core series dev team, which I've played a bit of before and I remember really liking it.
That definitely was interesting. I haven't decided either way yet...but the art is looking good! :) I especially like the animations after the sword swipes, they just look really cool for some reason.
Last edited by Mikodesu on Jun 13, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Edit: I'll turn this into something aside from a mistake. :lol:

The IGN interview for Indivisible was interesting. Poor dev was so nervous but there was a lot of good info. A basic sum up: side-scrolling RPG, no random battles (yay), big roster of characters with different play styles. Also apparently includes metroidvania elements. Looking good! :)

Edit#2: If there's anybody who's a Telltale fan, from a Walking Dead Final Season interview, they just said that if you go to their website and preorder the final season you get all the other seasons for free. :o Not sure I will but that's definitely a great deal.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Lord have mercy.

Between this, and the Xenoblade 2 DLC, absolutely R.I.P me and my Switch.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: That definitely was interesting. I haven't decided either way yet...but the art is looking good! :) I especially like the animations after the sword swipes, they just look really cool for some reason.

Yeah I was reading an interview I think and it sounds like the team really focused on the aesthetics of the game. I think that paid off for them because it certainly is very pretty! I agree about the animations. It's a very stylish looking game for sure!
Also the artist they have for characters in the same artist who did art for Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates I think? Which is a bonus in my book. :heart: The character customizer looks like it'll have some really fun options, though they only showed a bit of it in the livestream and apparently it's still a work in progress.

I'm excited because this was totally out of left field. What a nice surprise!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:Also the artist they have for characters in the same artist who did art for Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates I think? Which is a bonus in my book. :heart: The character customizer looks like it'll have some really fun options, though they only showed a bit of it in the livestream and apparently it's still a work in progress.

I'm excited because this was totally out of left field. What a nice surprise!
Oooh I missed the bit about character customization. :o If that's true about the FE artist that sounds great!! I'll definitely havta keep an eye out for this one - haven't played anything with mechs in a while.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, With Treehouse over, E3 has come to a close.

I had a lot of fun this year. I got to see what I wanted (Fire Emblem and Xenoblade 2 story DLC) plus a lot of other cool games i'll be on the lookout next year. I'd say my favourite highlights were:

*Sable - A really slick looking indie game.

*Ghost of Tsushima - Beautiful and super cool looking.

*Death Stranding - We spoopy UPS people with fetuses, cool.

*Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Finally news and a trailer, yay!

*Daemon X Machina - Definitely the dark horse of the Nintendo presentation.

*Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - IT'S BEEN 10000 YEARS.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Soooo...it's over. Did everyone get something that made this E3 worth keeping track of? (EDIT: While I wrote this, Bluie posted, so I know her answer! :) )

I got confirmation of Vesperia Definitive for Switch. Nothing else of significance, but that alone is pretty good. (Though the news that the XC2 DLC story is huge was a really nice perk, it's almost like getting a second small game, and of the best characters, too.) Oh, it was nice to have it re-confirmed that Sakuna will be out this winter, too, though it was already stated to be for this year.

I've still got the Tales of Festival this weekend to follow just in case the rumoured new Tales comes about, which would be awesome. Overall I'd say for me this E3 wasn't anything special, but since they were concentrating solely on things that would come out in the next six to nine months, we may still be in for great stuff in the next Direct. :)

Also, there were quite a lot of game announcements that happened outside of E3. (Do companies just like to make a lot of announcements at this time of year?) Some of them were of interest to me and I sort of feel like I can lump them in with E3.