I have a question about amiibos...

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I've just started to take a interest in amiibos. Kinda late in the game, I know, and now they're starting to get hard for me to find. My point? I've been going over the ones on Amazon. The question? I've noticed a lot of them seem to be Japanese imports. So......Are amiibos regional? If I order a Mario amiibo from Japan, will it still work with my games, or will I need a NA Mario amiibo to do amiibo stuff? Thanks for any help!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They're universal, usable in any region. Some of our games were released without the amiibos (Monster Hunter Stories) but you can buy the Japanese amiibos and they still work regardless, unlocking the content.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

One answer is probably enough, but if you want more...I have ordered several amiibos from Japan and they work the same as ones bought here :)
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Great to hear! Thank you. Unbelievably enough, the japanese imports seem to be much cheaper than the NA ones!