Fire Emblem - Three Houses coming July 26th!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which team are you now? (After time skip info)

You may select 1 option

View results

Katgirl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

"yo I heard you liked 2 kingdoms split over 3 games now get ready for 3 houses split over 4 games"

Seriously please don't pull that again Nintendo.

It's looking good so far! The graphics and art are great and I'm excited to see how the additional units affect things. Plus I'm relieved that the customizable protagonist seems to be returning and hope romance will come with it. I'm honestly on the fence about children characters. I like them from a character and gameplay standpoint but they have to fit into the story. If they're back I won't be upset but if they aren't I'd definitely miss the family dynamics they provide.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Katgirl wrote:"yo I heard you liked 2 kingdoms split over 3 games now get ready for 3 houses split over 4 games"

Oh « Harvest Goddess » that is my nightmare scenario lol

I went through the old Fates announcement thread back in 2015 (has it really been that long? damn) and if FETH is similar to how Fates worked, we probably won't get Famitsu reveals until a good 4/5 months prior to release. At least Japan has to wait with us this time :') So we may not hear about it much more until later in the year.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am dang excited for this. This is a pretty game. I don't even care if the waifu/husbando thing doesn't come back; I want this regardless.
Katgirl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I honestly can't remember when FE:F was announced as separate games...

Btw idk if anyone's mentioned these before the Japanese subtitle for the game is 風花雪月 which is apparently borrowed from Chinese and means literally wind flower snow (and) moon (which I can attest to that translation) and is meant to represent what is beautiful about each season wind=summer, flower=spring, snow=winter, and moon=autumn. So maybe each of the houses represent one of those/one of the seasons with a 4th one for the protagonist or a secret DLC house?
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Katgirl wrote:"yo I heard you liked 2 kingdoms split over 3 games now get ready for 3 houses split over 4 games"

agree 100%. i dont know the specs, but the switch definitely has more processing power than the 3DS, so hopefully they won't have to take a measure like that?

anyway, this was the one thing i was really looking forward to all of e3 (and for a while lmfao). i'm really excited, adn i hope game play is shown off soon.

i like the art too, but it doesn't look like hidari's much too me. still really nice though
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Katgirl wrote:I honestly can't remember when FE:F was announced as separate games...

Btw idk if anyone's mentioned these before the Japanese subtitle for the game is 風花雪月 which is apparently borrowed from Chinese and means literally wind flower snow (and) moon (which I can attest to that translation) and is meant to represent what is beautiful about each season wind=summer, flower=spring, snow=winter, and moon=autumn. So maybe each of the houses represent one of those/one of the seasons with a 4th one for the protagonist or a secret DLC house?
That sounds so cool!
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Katgirl wrote:I honestly can't remember when FE:F was announced as separate games...

I saw that and thought it was a really neat!
I wonder how deep the theme goes though. :0 It could just be a surface level thing, or the three houses could more embody their corresponding seasons or something. I'll be interested to see if anything more comes from it!

And I feel like, on FE:F being two separate games, we found out pretty early on that would be the case. Definitely not by the first trailer or anything, so I'd say now would be to early to know for FE:TH, but hopefully next time it's shown off we'll get a definitive answer? Maybe?
I'm pretty sure there was some backlash for separating the games like they did, so I kinda doubt they'd do it again, but I don't know - big picture wise - how well it did in spite of that and just how much backash they got. If they sold enough to justify it, they might not care that people didn't like it that way, which is what worries me LOL.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ugh, please, just one cart please. I bought Fates 4 times - All 3 routes when they released in Japan and then just Birthright when they came West.

I have to pay around $90 for first party games in my country after taxes, so they'd better not. I'm not made of money and I adore FE, so please, don't take advantage of my obsession! D:
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

This could just be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think it'll be separated. You can currently preorder the game on Amazon and Best Buy as one game and the price is indeed $59.99. Since Switch games tend to be pricier than 3DS games, I really don't think they'll try to gouge more money out of people like that. That's what the DLC maps are for, after all. And currently there's no Limited/Collector's Edition up. I just hope I'm somewhere convenient when they announce it... I got both the Fates and Shadows of Valentia Limited Editions because I got lucky with being able to get to a GameStop in time after I missed the online window.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
Gonna echo in on that theory, too.

I also heard that the title may be somewhat interpreted with something involving romance? idk but was glazing through serenes and someone mentioned that. Which makes me wonder, considering we see have the loli manakete at the end, if they're gonna pull a Naga/Tiki and have that as the Goddess and her offspring. And maybe the goddess had a human main squeeze who she gave the sword to and will pass down to the protagonist at some point. Especially with the goddess cradling a old-boney looking sword in the trailer in a affectionate kind of manner, my guess is that the crests will be combined with the sword to form the end game weapon.

Puuuuuurely super guesswork out of my « Mr.Gourmet's hat ». But I def think the seasonal thing will definitely be true and play a part, especially with the banner colors having a very seasonal vibe. Yellow = Summer, Red = Spring or Autumn, Blue = Winter, and I guess Protag would be...black? Which idk. but I feel like that'll end up true.
Anyway, I don't think this one will be separate games either, I do think they'll DLC the hell out of it but I think esp given that this is their first switch game, it'd be waaaay too ambitious to try and create "two" games worth of content.
Last edited by Blue Rose on Jun 13, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I normally steer clear of special editions, no matter how flashy they are.
But would I drop $100+ on a Three Houses SE?

For Fire Emblem?

RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wasn't posted yet I don't think, but it's a bit of a bummer that 8-4 isn't localizing the game. I've heard Echoes in particular had a very strong translation, so I guess we're back to Treehouse. Hopefully they do a better jobs than they did with Fates :/

8-4 did have some issues when they did Awakening, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the Fates issues (s/s supports getting changed, Effie and other characters getting changed, etc)
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Wasn't posted yet I don't think, but it's a bit of a bummer that 8-4 isn't localizing the game. I've heard Echoes in particular had a very strong translation, so I guess we're back to Treehouse. Hopefully they do a better jobs than they did with Fates :/
Eugh, wonderful.
The changes they made in Fates made me so mad honestly, so if Treehouse is localizing this game, I can only pray that they've learned from their mistakes. The supports being drastically changed and characters being wrongly portrayed was awful, and on the nit-picky side of things I was so annoyed by the Tsubaki → Subaki name change lmao.
Would it be totally unrealistic to hope that someone entirely different is localizing this, and not Treehouse? 8-4 never mentioned who is localizing it, just said that it wasn't them... sigh, but I'm pretty sure that's just false hope on my part.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Never forget diving into the pickle brine.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Very excited for this!

I still hope for S-supports and customizable MU! I really love the art style right now! Now that FE Switch was announced, time to save for both the game and console. XD