Steam summer sale!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's that time again! Anyone picking up anything? I'm still deciding on a few things, but a good 60 games on my wishlist are on sale which is making it hard to resist lol.

I'm thinking of picking up the newer Hakuouki games since it's only $7 for both parts combined, which is kinda crazy. https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6 ... ms_Bundle/

Tons of otoges are on sale if anyone is interested :D

https://store.steampowered.com/search/? ... specials=1

My Time at Portia is also on sale for $16, so I might as well grab it now since I'll be playing it when it fully launches.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm...otoges are the one type of game I don't mind playing on PC. But I already have all the ones I'm interested in, I think, since I avoid anything by Dogenzaka Labs like the plague. I was a bit interested in Backstage Pass, but it is unfortunately a stat-raiser. Though there are more there than I remember. I'll have to read the descriptions of the ones I haven't seen before. :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As soon as I get paid tomorrow, I'm picking up Cat Tails and Divinity Original Sin 2. I'm debating on Lego The Lord of the Rings as well, but I mainly put that on my wishlist in hopes it becomes backwards compatible on Xbox One. I'm also getting my boyfriend Stardew Valley since he mentioned an interest in it recently.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@ Kikki - It's actually free, but have you played Cinderella Phenomenon? I really enjoyed it, and it's probably one of my favorite oelvn's.

@Ronin - Hope you enjoy DOS2!! I would actually say get it and then wait until August to play it, because the definitive edition is coming then (basically if you already have the base game on PC it'll just update with all the content for free) with huge updates to the game like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOrigin ... lets_talk/
New Story Mode - switch between Story, Explorer and Classic Modes any time
Adjusted gold and XP curve starting from Act 2
Rebalanced armor in all fights
Reworked 8-10 encounters and introduced some new fights
New tutorial section woven into the story
Revamped the story in Acts 3 & 4 - clarifying character motivation and tying up loose ends
Lots of new/rewritten text means new voice recording
Code optimization for PC and consoles
Free Sir Lora DLC - Help the Squirrel Knight stop the coming of The Great Acorn

Also some characters are getting some more content added and changed.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:@ Kikki - It's actually free, but have you played Cinderella Phenomenon? I really enjoyed it, and it's probably one of my favorite oelvn's.
I hadn't heard of it, but with it being free, no harm in trying it out! :) I think the only other western otoge I've played is Cinders, which I didn't really enjoy. (I didn't dislike it, I just didn't find it particularly enjoyable.)
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wishlist:
-Divinity: Original Sin 2 (doubt my computer will be able to play it, but whenever I get a new computer I should)
-Monster Prom
-Orange Season (still early access but might as well buy it)
-Dangan Ronpa games
-Ozmafia
-Stein's Gate
-Umineko Question Arcs

Aaaand stuff. Gonna wait and see on some of these sales. But keeping my eye on the Divinity one.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:@ Kikki - It's actually free, but have you played Cinderella Phenomenon? I really enjoyed it, and it's probably one of my favorite oelvn's.
I hadn't heard of it, but with it being free, no harm in trying it out! :) I think the only other western otoge I've played is Cinders, which I didn't really enjoy. (I didn't dislike it, I just didn't find it particularly enjoyable.)
I really didn't like Cinders either, which is a shame because I enjoyed the art a lot. The story did nothing for me :/

A few notes for Cinderella Phenomenon:
-it's about 10-15 hours long
-They are currently making a fan disc for the game for their after stories which is going to cost $10, but the one on steam is 100% the full base game and is all free.
-I was initially really cold on the protagonist because she's kind of a huge jerk in the beginning, but her reasonings throughout the routes and her character arc is really solid. So there's a nice payoff! She's quite a bit different than the normal otome game heroine, so it was pretty refreshing tbh
-There's one route that's really kind of tragic and sad all around, and I know you aren't big on that so I'll spoiler which one it is
Spoiler:
Fritz's route
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No birthday money this year = no new game for me steam wise or not :/
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I already bought Dead By Daylight which has been super fun and stressful.

Keeping an eye on Prey, Dragon's Dogma, and Danganronpa 2, but I think I've seen Prey go even cheaper so I might just wait that one out. Can't really splurge atm which sucks since I just built my PC and can finally play games that came out this decade. :(
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:@Ronin - Hope you enjoy DOS2!! I would actually say get it and then wait until August to play it, because the definitive edition is coming then (basically if you already have the base game on PC it'll just update with all the content for free) with huge updates to the game like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOrigin ... lets_talk/
New Story Mode - switch between Story, Explorer and Classic Modes any time
Adjusted gold and XP curve starting from Act 2
Rebalanced armor in all fights
Reworked 8-10 encounters and introduced some new fights
New tutorial section woven into the story
Revamped the story in Acts 3 & 4 - clarifying character motivation and tying up loose ends
Lots of new/rewritten text means new voice recording
Code optimization for PC and consoles
Free Sir Lora DLC - Help the Squirrel Knight stop the coming of The Great Acorn

Also some characters are getting some more content added and changed.
Oh, shoot! Sounds like August is the place to be!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

One more for 'wait and see'. I may need to buy Sai Paint Tool...no Windows 10 conflicts (so far) and I need a lightweight drawing app. :? If sales get a bit better I may splurge on a little something anyway though.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got paid and I got the games! I do have a friend who has Divinity Original Sin 2 and said he would play with me at some point, so there's that.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Kirie :) If forewarned of tragedy, it usually doesn't bother me (unless it's disturbing tragedy, like someone dying by disembowelment or something, lol). It's if I was expecting a happy ending and didn't get one that I feel cheated and angry. :) So if I go into something already knowing it's got a sad ending, I'm usually fine.

Shan, can you play Steam games? Are they playable on tablet? (I thought you didn't have a PC, but maybe I've gotten things mixed up again.) Were there some games you were planning to get with your birthday money? Did you get something else instead of money this time?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I thought i'd windowshop for funsies, only to see the sale list is over 1000 pages. I guess this is why people have wishlists! XD
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Going to recommend this page to keep track of sales better. https://steamdb.info/

It records all the past prices of games, so you can see how good this discount actually is. And the list can be filtered a bit more than Steam.

Can also link you account for more things, but I've never done that and it works just fine.