Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 24, 2020 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Who is your main character?
Alfyn
Therion
Ha'anit
Ophilia
Cyrus
Tressa
Olberic
Primrose
You may select 1 option

View results
Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2018 12:53 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

To go in line with those wallpapers, Nintendo has also released each character in box-art form...you can print those out yourself if you want to have some alternative covers for your physical copy. :) They're only 50 silver coins apiece on My Nintendo Rewards and I have thousands of silver coins so I assume most others do, too...and I think that's for all eight designs at once.

My favourite character designs are definitely braid-woman (Ha'anit, you say.) and apple-munching man with the short dark cape. :) I do love the character art for the wallpapers and so on, though not within the game itself.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2018 2:42 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Holy, i've hit the grind. Got a full party and went off to do Tressa's 2nd chapter and some enemies take A LOT of hits. I need to get a lot of money and get us some better equipment. I don't mind, it was just kinda jarring after all these easy peasy opening chapters.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2018 7:00 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

@ryume: Thanks for the wallpaper link! :) Those will be super useful for fanart references.

I've only played a couple more hours today...been busy, but it's still fun. The early game is still pretty linear but once I finish my next prologue I'll have some more side-quests open up that will ease the grind a bit I think.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2018 8:25 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Finally starting to play where I left off in the demo. H'aanit's Anlgo-Saxon style of speaking (and actually this applies to her entire village) is sort of driving me nuts because I keep correcting all the spelling in my head :lol: I'm glad I finished her opening chapters and hightailed it over to Therion just so I could get a break from the local dialect!

Still blown away by the music. Considering picking up the OST.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2018 10:35 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm about to get Tressa, my last party member, and who I found out is the voice actor Fryda Wolff, who voiced Sara Ryder in Mass Effect Andromeda! So far, based on the first chapters, I like Primrose's the most. I do love this game, my game of the year so far, sorry Ni No Kuni 2. I'm about 10 hours in so far, so I've got about another 90 left!

Edit: So I don't know if anyone on here noticed this, I didn't until I read a comment on it on FaceBook, but the main characters' first letter in their names spell out Octopath!

Ophilia
Cyrus
Tressa
Olberic
Primrose
Alfyn
Therion
Ha'anit

Bluie
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 3:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yep! It's pretty cool~

Man, I love how this game lets you figure out things and doesn't hold your hand. I was having trouble with a boss and I had 3 options; grind, money grind (for better equipment), or find a different way to take him down. The battle system isn't just all about the break system, and I was able to figure out a better way to fight, one that i'll be using for more bosses in the future.

I don't wana say much because spoilers maybe for those who don't want to hear much about the game and just play. It's just so interesting that I thought 'oh, you have to play it like this' but then the game is like 'no, no you don't, do whatever.'

A+ game design.

I'm going to start job hunting soon as I realized they don't unlock naturally, you need to find shrines to get them.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 12:47 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Last night I hit up the remaining cities for the 4 remaining characters just so I could fast travel to them, but I'm not sure I want to recruit the characters themselves just yet. I almost feel like I should finish the stories of the current 4 and then backtrack to the others so that I don't drive myself insane trying to keep everyone's levels up. I'm not sure if the level scaling will be screwed up though. I don't want to go back to Primrose's opening chapter only to see the recommended level is 50+. What are your guys' thoughts on party management?

Currently I have Cyrus, H'aanit, Therion and Ophilia. I haven't gotten any jobs yet, but I was thinking I need to get on that ASAP (highest level is 15 atm). Also unsure if that's something best done with all 8 in your party. It's refreshing to play without a guide, but then again I really hate being inefficient lol.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 2:48 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm personally keeping my main four party and finishing their stories before I get the other four. I'm not really too worried about the level scaling because I can just level the characters up in a high level area, because by the time I get to them, it'll probably be pretty easy to grind.

My party is:

Tressa - Knight/Merchant
Olberic - Dancer/Knight
Ophelia - Scholar/Cleric
Alfyn - Apothecary/Hunter

I went and got all the jobs and i'd say it's a good mix of balance and heavy hitters. Dancer!Olberic is one of the best things in the game for the sheer amount of vigor his VA put into the dancing skills lines. I crack up every time. Hunter!Tressa wins the contest for cutest design, but Knight!Tressa is delightfully powerful, so i'll keep her at that for now.

Here's a screenshot of my save screen for funsies:

Spoiler:

I've finished Tressa, Ophelia, and Alfyn chapter 2 and i'm in the middle of Olberic's. After that, it'll be grinding time again.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 3:51 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Oh shoot, I forgot I already grabbed Alfyn while I was meandering around trying to figure out what to do. Valid point on grinding your low levels later. I feel very unbalanced right now, but I'm sure that will alleviate with the jobs unlocked.

The idea of Olberic as a dancer is FANTASTIC :lol:

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 6:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I got all 8 characters and, so far, it doesn't seem to increase the levels; I think the recommended level only increased when you get four party members.

I'm currently working on getting the rest of the second jobs and then figuring out my party before moving on with Cyrus Chapter 2. I finished Primrose Chapter 2 and Therion Chapter 2 so far.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 7:24 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I was the anon fishy earlier :oops:

I just finished getting all the jobs and now I'm currently grinding/finishing a few side quests. Ophilia as a scholar/cleric is stupid-powerful. Firestorm with 2 scholars makes short work of a lot of the trash mobs. I didn't repeat the combo on Cyrus, but it's good to know it's viable if I want it!

Is it wrong that I like to challenge people in doorways and get a chuckle out of seeing them on the ground with stars dancing over their heads? :lol:

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 7:33 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

ryume wrote:
Is it wrong that I like to challenge people in doorways and get a chuckle out of seeing them on the ground with stars dancing over their heads? :lol:

Is that how you get them to move out of the way? I thought they were just there as decorations.

I got all second jobs and this is what I have:
Cyrus/Dancer
Therion/Merchant
Ophilia/Apothocary
Olberic/Hunter

Accidentally, my party spells OCTO when switched around, but I'm glad I worked the whole thing around so I have every weakness available!

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 7:45 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Ronin19 wrote:
Is that how you get them to move out of the way? I thought they were just there as decorations.

Yep! They stay knocked out until you leave the area entirely, then you gotta challenge them all over again.

My party is:
Cyrus/Apothecary
Ophilia/Scholar
H'aanit/Dancer (Currently feels like my weakest link, but we shall see!)
Therion/Warrior

I like being able to change the jobs on the fly for sure. Gives me ample opportunity to play around.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2018 3:43 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, Olberic's chapter 2 was really fun. I really liked the characters in it and some of Alfyn's inquire descriptions were really funny.

I went straight into Tressa Chapter 3 only to be getting curb stomped by the enemies. I haven't bought any new armor in quite awhile so i've decided to explore the map more, visiting the higher level towns for better equipment and maybe some questlines I can finish for some extra cash. It'll be good regardless as I can just fast travel to them later on. Having the cleric and scholar skills that lower encounter rate + almost guarantee fleeing make you pretty safe wherever you want to explore. It's pretty easy to go into a dungeon, grab all it's loot, and then leave.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2018 8:32 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

ryume wrote:
Yep! They stay knocked out until you leave the area entirely, then you gotta challenge them all over again.

Wow - thanks for the tip. Now to go back to early areas and clear out all the NPCs. :lol:

Still having fun - in the grind period though. At least just opening up the map helps to fill that time. Still hating the localization though. Having Japanese audio on is helping...I'm not fluent but it eases my suffering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next