Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 24, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Who is your main character?
Alfyn
Therion
Ha'anit
Ophilia
Cyrus
Tressa
Olberic
Primrose
You may select 1 option

View results
Ronin19
Post Posted: Jul 19, 2018 9:59 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I beat everyone's story and
Spoiler:
got the four hidden jobs. How does one start the final story?

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question after some investigating. For anyone else who is curious
Spoiler:
You need to finish the quests Search of Father (Kit's quests) and Daughter of the Dark « Harvest Goddess » (Lyblac and Alphas). Afterward, go to West S'warkii Trail to do another quest and it's unlocked!

Edit 2: Okay, so spoilers inbound
Spoiler:
The final boss is TOUGH! And you need to use all 8 characters, so a warning. I only used Ophilia, Olberic, Cyrus, and Therion and they're in their late 60s while Primrose, Alfyn, Tressa, and H'aanit were only in the 30s. Needless to say, I wasn't prepared and need to grind a LOT! I'm probably going to leave this alone until I feel the need to grind as a way to cure boredom.

Overall, I definitely love this game and it's my GotY currently!

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2018 1:29 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Just popping in to say: I love Tressa. :) I'd been avoiding her because I didn't really like her design and the idea of a merchant as a combatant is really odd, but I just love her. Her story reads like a fairy tale, but somehow that fits her all the better.

Should finish grinding her up for Chapter 2 today. :heart: Yay.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jul 24, 2018 7:17 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Tressa is a gem, i'm glad I chose her first. I'm really attached to her and Olberic and I know they'll be permanent party members once I finish everyone else's stories. I've yet to really fall in love with the rest of the cast, but Therion is starting to grow on me.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 24, 2018 7:01 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Just finished the second round of 4's chapter 3's. I am sure the feeling that it's WAY easier this time around has something to do with the fact that I went ahead and leveled them all to level 30 before even starting their second chapters, but even the recommended levels for the 3rd chapters seemed 3 - 5 levels lower (with the exception of Primrose) than the previous 4 character routes. Even though Primrose's chapter 3 was a recommended level of 40, it was shockingly easy, and I was actually level 38-39 when I finished it.

I didn't think I would like Tressa since I tend to find that particular archetype a bit boring, but they managed to make her refreshing, with just the right amount of spunk and sweet. My favorite continues to be Cyrus, but I definitely do not dislike any of these characters.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 24, 2018 8:20 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I reeeally wish I'd chosen Tressa first now. :lol: She softens my perspective on the whole game. I don't dislike any of the other leads as individuals, but I find them pretty boring compared to Tressa. Her story is really unique...I like it a lot.

Spoiler:
There's far too much videogame holy trinity BS in these stories for my taste, so Tressa's 'let's go on an adventure!' premise is incredibly refreshing.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Mikodesu wrote:
Spoiler:
There's far too much videogame holy trinity BS in these stories for my taste, so Tressa's 'let's go on an adventure!' premise is incredibly refreshing.

Guess I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly by holy trinity, lol. Betrayal, love and super natural elements? :oops:

Finished everyone's chapter 4 now. Playtime is sitting at about 60 hours! My personal rankings (although I honestly liked everyone, even though every single character was a very well-trodden, done a million times before archetype, I still felt they were done well enough):

Cyrus
H'aanit
Olberic
Alfyn
Therion
Tressa
Primrose
Ophilia

Going to do some grinding and work on some side quests! The JP and experience charms really make grinding SO much easier.

Spoiler:
Including the side quests for the bonus dungeon/boss fight! Looking forward to getting some more lore.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 25, 2018 3:58 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

ryume wrote:
Guess I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly by holy trinity, lol. Betrayal, love and super natural elements? :oops:

It's a trend in video-games that once you notice it you see it everywhere. Bosses having to be hit three times, finding the right item on the third try, etc. The Zelda series has a « Cow Poopoo » ton of this - three goddess stones, three pendants in ALttP, three goddess pearls, three mirror shards.

In the past it was done a lot as an homage to other games like Zelda, but now it's just...expected and tropey. In Octopath's case the "trinity" is an easy pitfall of its four-chapter structure, since it's REALLY easy for each successive chapter to be "do one of the three things" rather than going to the extra effort of a rounded arc.

This isn't really spoilery, but just in case...
Spoiler:
Therion's...whatever they're called, dragonball collection and Primrose's three assassins are the big offenders if you ask me.

Good to know there are experience boost accessories. :heart: Since there's SO much leveling to be done that's something to look forward to.

Last edited by Mikodesu on Jul 25, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I honestly haven't noticed that in this game. Not saying it isn't there, I just truly never even thought about it, and thinking back, other than the 2 examples in your spoiler, I honestly can't recall anything else. Zelda of course it's impossible to miss. Other perspectives are always interesting!

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 25, 2018 4:44 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I think noticing this kind of stuff is just a byproduct of following a Zelda fan site for as many years as I have. :lol: I think I'm just painfully aware of it at this point.

I dunno what would have been easier on the writing staff, having one major overarching story or individual plots for each main character. Both are still a LOT of writing, but the overarching would be less big ideas. Who knows. Either way it's interesting to talk about! :)

Edit: If anyone's finished the post-game final dungeon, would you say it gives the characters' stories a solid tie-in? (e.g. like Canterbury Tales tie-in of "everyone is going to Canterbury").

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jul 25, 2018 7:54 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mikodesu wrote:
Edit: If anyone's finished the post-game final dungeon, would you say it gives the characters' stories a solid tie-in? (e.g. like Canterbury Tales tie-in of "everyone is going to Canterbury").

Spoiler:
Yes they do.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 25, 2018 10:04 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Regarding jobs :)

Spoiler:
Got all the advanced jobs! Here's a screen of the sprites if anyone is interested:

https://m.imgur.com/NQt1MIf?r

Tressa Runelord, Alfyn Starseer, Cyrus Sorcerer, Olberic Warmaster. IMO you need to hit these bosses for these jobs fast and hard, because the longer the battle goes on, the more buffs they give themselves and the more turns they get in one round. I spent about 500k for all 4 battles using the hired help ability and I regret nothing :lol:

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jul 26, 2018 6:54 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

@Ronin: Thanks! :)

@ryume: Ooh, interesting. :o I think I've seen some people on Twitter talking about that.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jul 26, 2018 4:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Quick question because I'm curious (and early into the game)

Spoiler:
Do any of the paths have a romance story in them? I kinda got that vibe from Tressa's but their age difference makes me feel like it wouldn't happen lol.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jul 26, 2018 10:33 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Quick question because I'm curious (and early into the game)

Spoiler:
Do any of the paths have a romance story in them? I kinda got that vibe from Tressa's but their age difference makes me feel like it wouldn't happen lol.

Spoiler:
A slight hint in Primrose's story, but, other than that, nothing really. Some of the travel banter has me sailing some ships like Ophilia x Therion and Primrose x Cyrus.

ryume
Post Posted: Jul 27, 2018 4:48 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

@Rope/Ronin:

Spoiler:
I missed out on any romantic vibes between any of the characters! I wish it were easier to figure out when to trigger travel banter because now I'm highly curious about Cyrus/Primrose lol

Holy Moly, I'm probably late to this, buuuuut (on jobs):

Spoiler:
OMFG RUNELORD. It took me forever to figure out how the class works, but once I did... 9999 damage from the rune effect with Olberic using a staff with 399 elemental attack, SAY WHAT!? Probably would have been over that easily if I had his limit breaking skill equipped. Even a crappy elemental attack of 155 on the Forbidden Dagger still gave Alfyn a rune damage factor of over 3000. Plus it will count toward breaking the enemy as long as the rune is their weakness. THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! I read that it relies on the elemental factor of the weapon you use - seems to correlate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next