Little Dragons Cafe - Release Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which version of the game are you picking up?

You may select 1 option

View results

ChocolateKisses
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I have reached Chapter 5 and the game picked up quite a bit. Lots of customers are coming to the cafe and it seems that if you dont provide a helping hand, the employees fall behind so its starting to become crucial that i go back during busy hours to help out! Its actually becoming very fun to be honest!

Chapter 4 was such a drag for me because i really hated the character but Chapter 5 is WAY better and Billy is as funny as always !

Im still frustrated that they are restricting me from exploring more areas as i feel i have been stuck with the same ones since forever! But the game is definitely more fun now that it was at the beginning!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh hey...who have you guys most been looking forward to meeting? I don't know about *everyone* in this thread, but most of us here were also in the pre-release LDC thread and discussed character intros when Aksys was posting them. This is stuff that's already been revealed, but since some people might have been avoiding the pre-release thread to keep clear of information like this, I'll put the names under a spoiler. Though there's no info in there...just names.

Personally I'm most looking forward to
Spoiler:
Huey and Chou Chou.
I don't know who'll end up my favourite, but I've been the most interested in them ever since their intros. The latter person I'm interested in solely due to cuteness factor. Of current charcters it's still Billy, for reasons mentioned in one of my earlier posts...because I love his design and the way he interacts with each new guest. He was hilarious with Poncho. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Alright, i'm stuck in chapter 4. I need scallops but I can't seem to find/fish any up. Is there a specific place to find them? I know there was a specific fishing spot to get the eels for chapter 3, but every fishing spot I can actually reach just gives me sardines, crayfish, ect. Either i'm completely missing one or they're gotten another way.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Apparently when you have all the fragments of the
Spoiler:
Shrimp Au Gratin recipe, a new fishing spot will appear.
Here, check this link. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would have probably never found that on my own as I barely go down to that specific beach unless it's to gather at the fish basket. Thanks!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got to chapter 5 and I'm going to go on a mini-rant from what is lacking and needs improvement if this is going to be a series.
Spoiler:
1) What is the point of the cafe management system? We get no money and the only point it seems is story progression, but when I'm done with the current chapter, I can already move on to the next one.
2) WHY DO MY NPC WAIT STAFF PUSH ME AROUND?! I'm trying to do stuff, don't stop me from doing my job!
3) MINI MAP IS REQUIRED!
4) NPCs getting distracted is SO ANNOYING! Why is it ALWAYS during the work hours?
If there is a sequel, these issues need to be addressed. I like the game enough for the exploration, characters, the dragon, and story, but the cafe management is easily the worst part of the whole game as it seems unnecessary.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^Seriously, everytime.
Spoiler:
Me: *Happily exploring*

Game: The staff is slacking!

Me: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Like have a friendship system or something; every time they get scolded they'll slack off less and less. I like the game and all, but it's missing some systems that would make it so much better.

Edit: So I looked up how to get a white dragon. It's a high contender on the color I like.
Spoiler:
The food I used
Spoiler:
Shrimp Au Gratin
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm getting a bit less enthused as I play more. I want to be a big bundle of bubbling enthusiasm, but while I don't hate it, only read on if you want a totally honest opinion...
Spoiler:
I couldn't play yesterday, and now that I could pick it back up if I wanted to, I find I'm already losing interest. It's not a bad game...way better than Hometown Story...but the thing that always gets me about Wada games is getting me with this one, too...there's just not enough variety of things to do and I get bored quickly. I'm afraid it's going to take some willpower to get me to finish this one. I'm definitely going to finish it, but I wish I were enjoying the process more instead of thinking of it like an obligation.

I think I'll like it more when the dragon can fly and I can go straight to the foraging areas I need to without being interrupted by slacking staff and mealtimes, but I think it takes quite a while to get a dragon who can fly...chapter 8 or 10 or something? Also, now my staff are slacking even when it isn't mealtimes...I guess now that there are more customers, they come even outside of lunch and dinner. I got a slacking notice twice in one day not at meal times...one at about 10 AM and one in the middle of the afternoon. How on earth could I get ANY ingredient gathering done if I went back for all the slacking and mealtimes? It takes too long to walk out to those areas with the good stuff in the first place...there's barely enough time to gather what I need as it is. Thank goodness for the garden and the fish trap, anyway. Even if your foraging time is REALLY short, you can always get a good handful of stuff as long as you have enough manure to feed to those two areas.

It's so cute, and the characters are good, but if sales warrant it and they do make another game, I don't think I would buy it unless more was added to it (a little cafe and character customization would go a long way in perking up my motivation), and some of the more annoying traits were removed or reduced. I also want my character to be able to walk through all cafe employees during business hours...or at least when carrying dishes!

EDIT: Finishing up chapter 5, and with having so many customers now, lots of specific, infuriating gripes have arisen: getting stuck on obstacles and people in the cafe with barely any room to move and getting pushed back and having your tasks slowed way down SO SO SO OFTEN. Everyone slacking constantly! Sometimes every single worker at once, including your own sibling. Ipanema slacked off THREE TIMES at dinner this last time. Three times in one meal she had to be told off! It would be weird to have to tell an employee off even once a day, but three times per meal?! And the random nature of foraging...you can never be sure of being able to get ingredients back in stock in any reasonable amount of time, and some ingredients take so long to get to that you can't possibly collect them every day, and even when you do, you get only 3 of them. Too hard to control your ingredients...you kind of have to resign yourself to continually changing your menu to whatever is on hand. Honestly a lot of this game feels like the devs never played it themselves cuz if they realized how infuriating these features they've built in are, they'd have tweaked it to work better.
Last edited by Kikki on Aug 27, 2018 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think I accidentally made my Dragon a deeper green LOL. I just figured out how to get the white colour myself so I think i'll go with that until I can figure out gold/yellow.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm confused. After seeing a review...I think Jay RPGs video review, but I've read and seen a lot so maybe it was someone else's...I thought certain story points were fixed. Like, you get them the in the same chapter no matter what. But...this is definitely a potential spoiler but I JUST got rid of Chapter 5's guest, and...
Spoiler:
My dragon grew up a size. It's now a teen and can be ridden. And I'm just opening Chapter 6.
I thought I'd have to wait until Chapter 8 minimum for that. Did everyone have this happen around now?
RMiller
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi all! I was wondering if someone could help me with something to do with the story, because I seem to be stuck.

I'm on chapter 6 with
Spoiler:
Chouchou.
Talk of SPECIFIC (I really lay it all out) chapter 6 story and progress below:
Spoiler:
So I'm towards the end of Chouchou's story, and all of the sudden I can't get anything to trigger to progress it. I was wondering if I was just dense and missed something?

The cutscene I had most recently was between Chouchou, the staff, and Poncho; the one where Poncho and Chouchou discover their connection via his mom's restaurant that ends in them both being crybabies and Chouchou talking about her favorite dish.

Normally that means it's time to gather the recipe fragments, right? And then the last little bit of her progress bar will fill in and I'll move on. But there must be another cutscene that I'm not triggering, because no one's giving me any fragments.

But I've tried it all: I've gone in and out at all times of day; I've cooked random dishes; I've talked to everyone multiple times (guests/boarders/staff); I've waited for multiple types of weather cycles; I've worked the whole day in LDC; I've been out the whole day. Never has it taken this long for the next scene to trigger - I'm talking, like, 10+ in-game days. I'll run out of ingredients being stuck in this plot-loop!

Thinking that maybe I DID somehow on the off-chance get recipe fragments from Chouchou and [My Brother] and just sped past all the text, I spent days flying up to the top of the map and slowly floating down in circles to see if the NPC who gives you the last fragment was out there somewhere. But there was no one.

I even spent a bit of time going through recipes that I have some fragments for, but none of them seem to match the description of what her dish will eventually be.

Help, please! What am I missing?

Am I missing an action that will trigger a cutscene? Do I already have her recipe (very unlikely, because, I mean, you always have to collect those, I don't think this one we'd just already have)? Did I somehow miss collecting 3/4's of her recipe (also unlikely) and I just keep missing the NPC breaking pattern on some tucked-away beach?

I mean, it's not like the game deviates from it's script all that much. Each new chapter follows a similar outline to all the ones that preceded it. So I'm super lost!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but...did you press X and select 'story' to see what you're supposed to do next? It's always been really specific, for me. Like...find recipe fragments in boxes, one from a person in the forest, and one from X guest. Or 'check the cafe during working hours' or 'cook a dish in the evening'.

I'm just starting chapter six so I can't offer anything specific, unfortunately. Also, I'm in the first part of chapter 6 and my guest doesn't appear to be the same one you have! Unless this chapter gets two guests, right now my guest is
Spoiler:
Huey.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

When the progress bar stops moving, I stop caring about the cafe altogether. There are no negative repercussions for ignoring the cafe or having a bad satisfaction review; the growth bar never decreases and it'll stop increasing if you're in the middle of a chapter. Like I said earlier, the cafe management system is easily my least favorite aspect of this game mainly because it feels like a lot is missing from it to really care about the cafe. Pretty sad when that's the whole point of the game and not exploring, which is pretty great.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Yea, I just usually let them slack off because there's nothing bad that appears to happen. Don't earn any money and cafe reputation seems to not go anywhere when I'm in the middle of a chapter. It's also annoying to be half-way on the other side of the island, which takes travel time to get there, and then be prompted to go back to the cafe to deal with the slackers.

There isn't a mandated bedtime, so if I'm far away I'll just stay up all night and into the next day as long as I bring food for the dragon to restore its stamina. Though when mine upgraded from child to adolescent, its color seem to reset back to green. It was turquoise.

I do need to go back into the cafe every so often or go to bed because that's what triggers the cut scenes to move the chapter story along.

I have the same chapter 6 guest as Kikki has.