Little Dragons Cafe - Release Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which version of the game are you picking up?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm...I think I am missing a recipe I need for chapter 9.
Spoiler:
There'll be no problem getting the one my guest needs, but the recipe that the NPC out in the wilderness needs...I don't have it. 'Lucky Yaki Bird'...I have no idea where to get it. I must be missing a fragment from somewhere, hnr...not sure how I'm going to find it. I mean, if I find a fragment, I pick it up...right now there are none left that I can find. I've checked the shores and hidey holes...this world is way too full of cracks and crannies. I found a fragment almost completely hidden inside a bush not long ago.
I have 73 of 100 recipes...307 of 400 fragments...so I don't think I'm behind on finding fragments...too bad the one I need is not among them. The cafe folks aren't giving out any more fragments right now either...ugh. I don't know how I'm going to find one missing fragment in all these millions of possible hiding spots.

EDIT: Oh wait...maybe...is this just one of those ones where ANY recipe will do as long as it is on the right level? Maybe a 'supreme' dish in this case? Curry...huh...this one is kind of annoying...

ANOTHER EDIT: Yeah, got it...that was the most annoying of all the recipes I've had to give to some random NPC standing on a cliff or roadside so far. :)
Last edited by Kikki on Aug 31, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is this the guy who's
Spoiler:
Asking for the cafe's curry cause he's a gourmet? You have to make him the Man's Curry from Maurice's chapter. To get the ingredients for the dish, the lucky version of the Yaki flies around the pond area high on the island after you have the recipe. It didn't show up for me until then.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks :) Ahh, chapter 10 now, then. Whew, almost done, I think. Another day or two and I can check this box off.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Just noticed my system installed version 1.01. Wonder what it changed.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Unlocked Ipanema and I already love her so much. I feel like the only thing I can do is run around and gather ingredients right now? I hope something happens soon.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Gathering ingredients and sometimes helping out at the cafe (grabbing orders and serving them, putting away dirty plates) is pretty much all there is to LDC. It's just that you continue to get more and more customers as the game progresses, and at the same time, the amount of area you can gather ingredients from continues to grow, and the ingredients you need will increase when you have more recipes.

So, the amount different of things to do never actually increases from beginning to end. Gather ingredients (and recipe pieces) and help out at the cafe. (You CANNOT ignore foraging very much, but you can almost entirely skip out on managing the cafe and it won't affect your progress much at all.) It's just that each thing that it's possible to do becomes busier and more demanding as time goes on. :)

EDIT: I just need to say that I love how the 'crying' sound effect in this game appears to be the squeaking of a small rusty unicycle.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I mean yeah but, I'm not getting anymore story progress and I don't think I'm even getting any customers right now? I only have Ipanema , Billy, and Ren as staff rn. Should I spend a day at the cafe and see if any people come?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Did you check your next story prompt? (If you didn't, then you just press 'x' then choose 'story' and it'll tell you what it wants you to do next.) One irritating thing is that sometimes you have to check at a specific time of day to trigger the next scene. Like, sometimes checking the cafe in the morning just means going downstairs after you wake up. But sometimes it means specifically walking into the cafe between 7 and 9 AM. Etc.

You can't get any customers until you
Spoiler:
have a chef
so at least that part isn't weird. (That probably wasn't a spoiler for anyone, but just in case!)
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It only says
Spoiler:
Let's search for more recipes, and once we're done, let's get some sleep in, okay?
There are some recipes that look like I can jump to them but can't??? Is that what I need?

Edit: This is the spot.
Spoiler:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can't jump over spaces open spaces, unfortunately. You won't be able to get those ones for a LONG time, if you mean the ones on pilllars rising out of the water very near to your cafe.

Do you look in little caves, and the smallest piles to see if your dragon can pull anything out? And did you check both beaches you have access to? (It's hard to remember now but I believe you can access that second beach quite near where your character is standing in that shot. I'd have to open my own game to check for sure, though.) I often have recipes reappear on beaches, too. There must be a fragment you're missing. Do you get them changed into full recipes once you have four fragments of the same type? Also, make sure to talk to all of your workers frequently, as they often hand over fragments and sometimes even full recipes. :)

EDIT (to your picture): No, you can't get to those until your dragon can get you up to them.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hrm, I'm p sure I've been everywhere, and all my workers just say the same things everyday rn. I'm rather early in the game. I'll take a harder look around and hope I find it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry I can't help any further; once you get the recipe fragments, there's no way to check where they used to be, lol, so I can't provide any directions to where I found stuff, just general info. I do remember that there was one behind the cafe that was a bit annoying because it blended in a bit, but if you've been looking around hard you likely already got it.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I wish this game had a map, then it'd be easier to known where I've been. Guess I'll just run around until i find the piece I'm missing. Also, is there some penalty to staying up late or staying up all night?

Edit: The one guy finally cleared away a path so i got more recipe fragments, hopefully they're enough.

Edit 2: Yup, that was the ticket.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you go to bed VERY late, you'll wake up at 7AM instead of at 6AM. I went to bed at 1 to 2 AM once though and still woke up at 6...I don't remember what the precise cut-off time is.

Also, if you stay up all night, your dragon won't get its energy renewed, which means you'd have to feed it more. I never stayed up ALL night though so I don't know what else might happen.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My dragon grew up a stage! I seem to be having trouble destroying this one obstacle that leads down into this path, I'm having my drgon hit it multiple times but it's not going away...

Edit: Nvm looks like it's gotta go through another stage.