* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 07, 2020 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: My Time At Portia?
Post Posted: Sep 06, 2018 12:28 am 
Anonymous Fish

I just discovered this game on the thread of HM-like games and it looks amazing just based on pictures, video and description but I am confused as to the lack of hype about it on here, did I miss it? Or is it not as good as it looks?

Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time At Portia?
Post Posted: Sep 06, 2018 2:16 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's not out, yet. If you want to play it on Steam in a still-in-development phase, then you can; it's quite far along and they shouldn't have that much more to add now except a few more story bits and events, but I don't think anyone here has done that. (Other than trying the demo, that is.) I'm a backer for it, but I don't like playing games still in beta, and I won't play on my PC, either...I'm waiting for console release. And I've been oversaturated with info on it since last October since they do a lot of updates, and though there's a good chance it will be out before the end of the year, I can't really maintain hype for this length of time, it would exhaust me, lol. Besides, that would make waiting for it to be finished more uncomfortable.

We had a thread for the game last year when it was still in Kickstarter, and there may well be another thread once the game is released in fully complete form, or possibly when it gets a firm final release date. Until then I'm waiting calmly for my Switch code to come to me. :)

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2018 7:46 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Edit: Wrong thread!

Madame Madie
Post Posted: Sep 11, 2018 12:55 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I've played it, it's good, but it's still unfinished. I've enjoyed it but the farming aspect is very basic. The actual social aspect is quite well done though.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 11, 2018 1:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah. I didn't participate in the alpha/beta phase, but I've been following all the updates...Portia is about building, not farming. They only added the farming to please the fans, pretty much, not because the game needed it...they didn't really design it to need farming. Though I haven't played more than the demo so I don't know how it works at this point. To get what you need in this game I think the mining is a lot more important than farming...mining and dungeons seem interesting in Portia. They weren't initially going to have a lot to do with animals either but as they've added it they've seemed to get more into it, lol, with the horseback riding and being able to catch and tame and sometimes ride wild animals, the pets, all that stuff.

They're putting a bunch into socialization and events now, and they're getting further into the customization, at least from what I've seen recently.