What games are you excited for?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
ChocolateKisses
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

This year has been really bad for our wallets as awesome games were released and announced. Im a Nintendo Switch gamer atm, i dont have a PS4 or anything so the games im going to be listing are mostly for the switch. But feel free to note down some cool games that you want to get, and why are you excited for them?

without further ado, here is my list:

Moonlighter > Seems like a very fun dungeon/shop management game.
Spoiler:
TWEWY: Final remix > Im a huge fan of this game, i would literally die for it.
Spoiler:
Sumer Smash Bros Ultimate > I may or may not be getting this game. Nintendo is gonna have us pay for online play and I really dont know if i want to invest on that. At least at the moment.
Spoiler:
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition > I never got to play this game as it came on as a xbox exclusive I believe? But yeah didn't have the console for it so im so FREAKING HAPPY its coming to the switch.
Spoiler:
Dragon Quest 11 > ITS DRAGON QUEST, COME ON! The game looks AMAZING! I'll see if i get it on PC or wait for the switch version to be announced. Depends on my patience lol
Spoiler:

Annnnnnnnnd thats it for now! let me know what games are you excited for!
ronin_reina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've got a couple of games I'm excited for, also mainly on Switch.

Dragon Quest XI: Really excited for this one, but I'm not sure if I can wait for a Switch release. I'll probably get this on PS4 since I love a good turnbased rpg.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition: Really enjoyed this on Xbox 360 and am really looking forward to playing through the new PS3 content.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu: I'm not really 100% sure of this game yet given the changes they've made to catching pokemon but it looks like it would be pretty fun so far.

Monster Boy The Cursed Kingdom: I love the Wonder Boy games so this looks really good.

Luigi's Mansion: The gamecube title was one of my favourites as a kid so I'm looking forward to this one.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus: Big fan of the Etrian Odyssey games.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna the Golden Country: Playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 right now so getting this afterwards seems like a no brainer.

Those are all the titles I'm looking forward to off the top of my head so far, I'm sure I've forgotten some though. :lol:
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dragon Quest Dragon Quest Dragon Quest Dragon Quest (etc for a good five minutes). IDK, I just hear that theme song on the title screen and I get a big goofy grin on my face, no matter how I was feeling prior to that. There's something incredibly magical to me about the series, even though I haven't played or beaten every game in it. My time spent with each iteration has always made me really happy.

But seriously, I'd be excited about other stuff if I had a Switch. But those amazing Switch games will have to wait.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My most anticipated releases for next year are The Caligula Effect: Overdose, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Digimon Survive.

I have a lot on my wishlist, A LOT. But those are the ones i'm most looking forward to. Once the Switch ports of SaGa Scarlet Grace and Dragon Quest XI are confirmed for localization and given dates, then they'll be super anticipated as well.

For what's left of this year i'm most looking forward to Torna Golden Country in a few weeks and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee in November.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This is of games with a definite release window, right? And only the ones we're outright excited for. There are quite a few I'm interested in, but I do information-gathering for a long time before I'm sure I really want a game. Like I'm quite interested in Caligula: Overdose, too, but I don't know enough about it to be *anticipating* it.

So of stuff I know for sure is coming and will be buying for sure...there's not that much. Torna: The Golden Country in a few weeks, Vesperia this winter, and Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists early next year. And I think that's it for definite day-one purchases. My Time at Portia will probably squeak out this year too, and since I'm a backer I'll be receiving a Switch code, but I'm not really excited about it...maybe because I've been waiting so long and have been exposed to all the details repeatedly already.

I could make the list a lot longer if I included stuff I will probably buy, though. :) And longer still if I could include games we know are coming, but no idea when.

If Trails of Cold Steel III and IV get a localization announcement, though, (fingers very crossed for some news after IV releases in Japan in a month!) or the all-new Tales of game in development right now gets a proper reveal...it's flailin' time.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to add the 'why' I'm excited for those games.
Spoiler:
Torna: The Golden Country looks to be the game I wanted Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to be. I was disappointed by Rex as a protagonist, and the story didn't have the emotional depth I wanted, either...it felt a bit rehashed, for me. Torna's story, though...THAT is what I wanted. Mature characters, deep emotional motivations..yes, please.

The Tales series is one of my top favourite series ever, so I always look forward to more, but of all previous ones, Vesperia has been the one I've been most interested in, for both the story and the characters. So the news of Vesperia Definitive was worth a gasp of pure delight.

Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists is a member of a very rare genre: a town-builder with an actual story and characters...a true console experience, not anything that feels like it'd be at home on a mobile device. I LOVE town-building, but the fun of it is halved or quartered when it doesn't have any memorable story or characters to make the town-building meaningful.
Last edited by Kikki on Aug 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Vesperia Definitive Edition (will be nice to play an officially translated version instead of going back and forth with a fan patch, which has actually been taken down since the release of the definitive edition was announced), Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Bayonetta 3 and Dragon Quest XI (this last one will be in my hot little hands next WEEK!).
ChocolateKisses
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

ryume wrote:Vesperia Definitive Edition (will be nice to play an officially translated version instead of going back and forth with a fan patch, which has actually been taken down since the release of the definitive edition was announced), Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Bayonetta 3 and Dragon Quest XI (this last one will be in my hot little hands next WEEK!).
Ooof those are some great games. I also forgot to mention Fire emblem 3 houses but im super hyped for that one too! ....Man, and you are lucky T_T i dont have a ps4 so i cant really play DQ 11 until it comes out for the switch. I want to play it so bad that i almost want to buy the PC version, but playing on the pc is so uncomfortableeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Life is Strange 2 - I loved the first one so much that I can't wait for the sequel! It's going to be so awesome!
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu - I was on the fence on this game for a while, but I figured I'm going to enjoy it since it's Pokemon.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Pretty much the only fighting game I can enjoy, so I'm looking forward to December
Kingdom Hearts 3 - If only to see this mess of a story end. I'm pretty excited for what they've shown, but the story if all over the place and I just can't wait for this to end and maybe be the last game with Sora

And games I'm excited for without a release
Cyberpunk 2077 - OMG this game looks INCREDIBLE! I'll wait forever on it if I have to, but I must have it!
My Time at Portia - I played the demo and I was not disappointed. Can't wait to own this for my Switch; it needs more farming sims
Psychonauts 2 - I loved the first one and backed the second one as soon as I could. I'm looking forward to more psychic puzzles.
Re:Legend - The Pokemon meets Monster Hunter meets Harvest Moon game looks incredible and extremely cute.
The Good Life - It's a murder mystery with another mystery on top while trying to make money for photography. It sounds great.
Temtem - A Pokemon clone that I can play with my boyfriend at the same time? Sold.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Aw that's neat! I didn't know Moonlighter was getting a Switch port. :) I'd be all in for that if the game had an overarching story...the gameplay looks great though.

In the near future the only thing I'm looking forward to is the XC2 Torna DLC, but there's always a chance for a nice surprise to pop up later in the year. My personal GotY was a surprise, so we'll see. :lol: