Backlog 2019

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Panda Parfait wrote:Took me forever (...by my standards) but I finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2! I really, really loved it. I wasn't prepared for the emotional roller coaster this game took me on though and it was kind of draining lol. Almost felt like a relief when the credits started rolling.

I guess I'll try to start moving through my backlog soon. I might start with Subnautica, most of my other backlog games are preeeetty long and I need a break from games like that for now. Plus the Resident Evil 2 remake comes out at the end of this month and I know I'll drop everything to play it asap.
Ahhh did you finish the epilogues too or just the main story? I'm almost done with the epilogues and I think I'm gonna keep trying to do all the small side stuff until I get tired of the game. I absolutely adored this game and the writing was so good! Definitely a roller coaster though like you said.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just beat « Harvest Goddess » of War. They really know how to set things up at the end for a sequel. I hope they get one; it'll be a day one purchase for me!
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote:
Panda Parfait wrote:Took me forever (...by my standards) but I finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2! I really, really loved it. I wasn't prepared for the emotional roller coaster this game took me on though and it was kind of draining lol. Almost felt like a relief when the credits started rolling.

I guess I'll try to start moving through my backlog soon. I might start with Subnautica, most of my other backlog games are preeeetty long and I need a break from games like that for now. Plus the Resident Evil 2 remake comes out at the end of this month and I know I'll drop everything to play it asap.
Ahhh did you finish the epilogues too or just the main story? I'm almost done with the epilogues and I think I'm gonna keep trying to do all the small side stuff until I get tired of the game. I absolutely adored this game and the writing was so good! Definitely a roller coaster though like you said.
I finished the epilogues! I did all but two of the stranger missions during the main story and did some of the epilogue exclusive side stuff like checking up on some of the characters, but there's a lot of little things I never did because the game is enormous and I really wanted to get on with the story. Might come back at some point for some of the free roaming stuff but for now I'm satisfied.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I think i'm around 50% through Vesperia Definitive. I'm really enjoying it, but i'm also looking forward to getting back to Labyrinth of Refrain. I was enjoying the heck out of it, but ToV took priority.

It's also kinda disappointing, but apparently YIIK is a hot mess. I was planning on playing it next after getting through my 3 physical games, but I think i'll be waiting on a patch.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I picked up Travis Strikes Again today and I really like it. The humor, the fighting, Travis, it's all pretty good for a hack-and-slash game. I am almost done with it though; it's a pretty good price point for what is in the game. I'm fairly confident I can beat it tomorrow after work and it'll be back to focusing solely on Tales of Vesperia.

I also picked up Fairy Fencer F Dark Advent on the eShop as well as Knock 'Em Down Bowling. The former will have to wait until I have no more new games to play (Just Vesperia, Assassin's Creed, Spyro, and two Atelier games) while the latter is just a fun bowling game that doesn't really need to be beaten.

I'm debating whether to add Hyperdimension Neptunia to my list of games I want or not. They're the same people who made Fairy Fencer F, but I'm not sure.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:
It's also kinda disappointing, but apparently YIIK is a hot mess. I was planning on playing it next after getting through my 3 physical games, but I think i'll be waiting on a patch.
Ugh I heard about that too. Definitely gonna pass on it until more patches and a sale. Really sucks! I heard that Vane (another high profile indie) wasn't all that great either, so that's also disappointing.

lol my backlog progress has been abysmal recently. It's just been hard to concentrate on anything since my surgery, but now that I'm finally healing up I can hopefully get back to it! Looking at releases I really don't have much at all for the next few months, so if I can plow through a few games I'd like to pick up Atelier Rorona on steam I think.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Looking at releases I really don't have much at all for the next few months, so if I can plow through a few games I'd like to pick up Atelier Rorona on steam I think.
You are lucky. I already bought 3/4 of my games this month. February, so far for me, seems like a safe month with only one game coming out and then March has 4 games again. And there's that problem I have where I keep discovering IPs that flew under my radar and I've picked up interest in them.

I just beat Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes. I definitely liked the gameplay and writing. I laughed with all the fourth wall breaking and references. I really hope No More Heroes 1 and 2 get ported to Switch; I would buy them in a heartbeat as I never played them before. I also hope they can get development on No More Heroes 3 as well.

And with that, it's back to Tales of Vesperia, until Thursday when Life is Strange 2 Episode 2 comes out. For some reason, I haven't felt the urge to play Walking Dead Final Season Episode 3. Maybe I'll wait until March when the final episode comes out.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I decided to buy Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition on a whim, so... I'll be playing that next. I played some of it like two years ago but I don't really remember anything so I'm just going to restart.

I tried to start up a few backlog games and wasn't really in the mood for any of them, which I'm guessing is just because I was super into Red Dead and everything else feels weird to play now. I did play a bit of Subnautica though (before I got freaked out and shut it off lol) so maybe I'll try to slowly get through that while playing Horizon. I don't know why I'm so determined to torture myself with this game but at least it was free so I won't feel guilty if I eventually abandon it.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

@Panda Parfait
I keep hearing Subnautica is spooky and it makes me want to play it. :lol: Even though I'm kind of a complete wuss.

I made some progress, finally! Feels like forever since I finished a game, even though it's not been that long, or... Well, it's been a couple of months at least.
I just beat Telltale's Walking Dead: A New Frontier. It was hard to pick it back up and finish, knowing about the somewhat tumultuous situation of the last entry in the series. I heard it's getting finished, but by a different team? I think? And I'm trying to decide if I should pick it up or not. I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the whole thing. I don't know how I feel about them firing all those people, and then just finishing it anyway.
Anyway, I'm still glad I beat it. Maybe I'll watch a Let's Play of the last game.
Not really spoilers below, just the tiniest of vents.
Spoiler:
That last episode and a half was brutal for my heart lmao.
So many people mad at me. I make a lot of choices based around the idea that I DON'T want to upset these fictional people, but it ends up happening anyway and I feel really guilty.
I'm trying to make some progress so I don't feel bad for picking up Kingdom Hearts at the end of the month. I've been away from the series for so long, and I only ever played 1 and 2, none of the other games on other consoles, so I'll be lost in this already totally hot mess of a plot, but I can't help but be in awe that KH3 is finally actually happening and that I'll be playing it soon. I'm not the BIGGEST fan in the world but I do love Kingdom Hearts, ridiculousness and all.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ehppy (and anyone else that needs help navigating the dumpster fire that is KH story), here are a couple different resources if you're interested:

Gamespot's text summary, with a tl;dr at the end of each section AND the very end of the entire article.

A very good YouTube summary that's about 40 minutes long.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:@Panda Parfait
I keep hearing Subnautica is spooky and it makes me want to play it. :lol: Even though I'm kind of a complete wuss.

I made some progress, finally! Feels like forever since I finished a game, even though it's not been that long, or... Well, it's been a couple of months at least.
I just beat Telltale's Walking Dead: A New Frontier. It was hard to pick it back up and finish, knowing about the somewhat tumultuous situation of the last entry in the series. I heard it's getting finished, but by a different team? I think? And I'm trying to decide if I should pick it up or not. I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the whole thing. I don't know how I feel about them firing all those people, and then just finishing it anyway.
Anyway, I'm still glad I beat it. Maybe I'll watch a Let's Play of the last game.
Subnautica doesn't usually actively try to scare you so it's kind of up to you whether you find its general atmosphere spooky. Some people breeze through it with no issue and some people start getting anxious even leaving the tutorial area (me :(). It's definitely not a traditional horror game. If you're terrified of the deep ocean, sea monsters, or the unknown it's a complete nightmare though lol.

Also, I haven't played the last season of TWD yet but the company that took on finishing it actually got a lot of the original team for the game on board for the remaining episodes! I was worried that it was just going to be random people slapping something together but it seems like they genuinely want to give it a proper ending.
Katgirl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Panda Parfait wrote:I decided to buy Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition on a whim, so... I'll be playing that next. I played some of it like two years ago but I don't really remember anything so I'm just going to restart.

I tried to start up a few backlog games and wasn't really in the mood for any of them, which I'm guessing is just because I was super into Red Dead and everything else feels weird to play now. I did play a bit of Subnautica though (before I got freaked out and shut it off lol) so maybe I'll try to slowly get through that while playing Horizon. I don't know why I'm so determined to torture myself with this game but at least it was free so I won't feel guilty if I eventually abandon it.
Ooooh! I played through Horizon and it's DLC when they first came out and really loved it! Granted I don't play a ton of open world style games so I haven't been saturated with that sort of thing. The world and story were the most interesting parts to me, plus the obvious hunting gaint robots with a bow appeal lol.

I'd love to hear your thoughts since when it first came out it was released the same week as BoTW and kind of got overshadowed so not a lot of folks talked about it/played it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am having the worst time keeping track of my games this year so far. (Also, I can't believe this thread already has 11 pages and January is only 2/3 over!) Putting backlogged games aside, I have to refer back to my initial list just to remember what I'm expecting next.

Currently I'm still chipping away at grade grinding (post-game) for Vesperia, but I got all the Fell Arms and awoke their true power, so other than getting more grade, I'm set for NG+ whenever I want to replay...though that won't be for a while! I still need to finally replay Berseria, and I WANT to replay Xillia. I never did get to my Milla playthrough...I just kept playing as Jude every time. I SHOULD work on backlog games, now. But the reason they ARE backlog games is because I don't wanna. :? For new games, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters will be here in a few days...dunno how much I'll like it. And Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles is out on Feb 14th, so that'd be my next.

I'm so tired...I think I had better choose a handheld backlog game to work on. So I'm thinking Stella Glow, 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, Persona Q, or Exist Archive. But I am not leaning toward any one of them in particular, so actually picking one up and getting into it is not going well... I also remembered I have a few hidden games that I never played but never went onto my backlog, either. Or maybe I already abandoned them? Ugh. Under these circumstances, I really should NOT be thinking of getting Tales of Hearts R. I don't even like playing on my Vita, for heaven's sake...I don't want more reason to have to play on it. But it's a Tales game that has decent graphics and is just sitting there, available on a system I own...seems wrong that I haven't already played it! Also, I already feel drawn to some of the characters. AND I still think I should try Persona 3 Portable. Yet another Vita game. -___-
Last edited by Kikki on Jan 21, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I got the Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Christmas and I just beat Spyro! When I was 10 and originally playing the game I got frustrated on the final boss Gnasty Gnorc and never beat the game - very cathartic flaming his « Mr.Gourmet's hat » now haha.

Onto Ripto's Rage! I'm loving the remaster, it's great!
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Panda Parfait wrote: Subnautica doesn't usually actively try to scare you so it's kind of up to you whether you find its general atmosphere spooky. Some people breeze through it with no issue and some people start getting anxious even leaving the tutorial area (me :(). It's definitely not a traditional horror game. If you're terrified of the deep ocean, sea monsters, or the unknown it's a complete nightmare though lol.

Also, I haven't played the last season of TWD yet but the company that took on finishing it actually got a lot of the original team for the game on board for the remaining episodes! I was worried that it was just going to be random people slapping something together but it seems like they genuinely want to give it a proper ending.

Ahh, interesting. o: Maybe not traditional horror but I could see it being very tense. Especially if there's any danger of things creeping up on you. I will physically jump if something attacks me from behind, whether I'm expecting it or not, lol.

Ohh, that's cool! I didn't know that. I kinda stopped paying attention when the closure first happened because I assumed it wouldn't get finished. Then when I heard it was being finished, I assumed it was by a different team, so I didn't look into it any further. Thank you very much for the info! Maybe I'll end up playing it after all. (:

@Rachellion
Ahhh glad to hear you'r enjoying it! The Reignited Trilogy is so good... Still so true to the original games but so much more fully realized and absolutely gorgeous. *u* Congrats on conquering Gnasty Gnorc!!