Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 94  Next
Ronin19
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2019
Post Posted: Oct 12, 2019 9:46 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, Overland isn't for me as are a bunch of other games I bought for the Switch over time. I'm archiving some of them and removing them from my backlog to play.

I tried going back to Andromeda since I need a BioWare kick and Greedfall wasn't able to provide that and I couldn't spend more than ten minutes on it.

I got my refund back from Greedfall and am now downloading Alchemy Story to see if I like it.

Alternating between Catherine and Animal Crossing Wild World still.

Edit: Well, Alchemy Story wasn't what I was expecting. Oh well.

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 16, 2019 4:57 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm honestly having a hard time deciding what to play, insomuch I've been opting to do other things (drawing and writing) rather than choose LOL. Both Fatal Bullet and Doraemon SoS have very addicting qualities to them, I wanna play em' both at the same time maaaaaan. For now I'm going to try and pick one and then work on finishing it before Atelier Ryza comes out. My main goal is to have the backlog clear when Pokemon Sword/Shield come out, because I'm going to be playing both of them probably for the rest of the year and bleeding over into January. I've put over 100 hours into the last three mainline entries, so I expect the same thing again.

The only other thing on my radar this year is SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions, but picking that up will all depend on the muns situation. I've basically got all my Christmas gifts bought (just want to add some seasonal candy to them), but husband is still trying to get his hands on a specific nendoroid for his brother and it is $$$. I can live without it for awhile even if I was so happy it was finally getting localized I shed a tear during E3 LOL.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 16, 2019 5:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ronin19 wrote:

What were you expecting, that it did not live up to?

~

I'm still not doing any gaming, though I did watch a bunch of 'all cutscenes' videos for the Crossbell games...all of Zero so far, and up to (and including) the intermission of Ao, as well. So I've now seen everything that happened in the main story in Zero. I just have to see if I can absorb the latter half of Ao now as well.

Because I play the Trails games for my love of the characters and the immediate story rather than the series-encompassing, absolutely enormous overarching plot, continuity between the sub-series' isn't actually that important to me. (I played Cold Steel BEFORE the Sky games, and even after playing Sky, didn't feel that I'd missed out on anything important. I really don't care about Ouroboros, tbh...I just find it an irritation when they step into the plot.) However, seeing all the Crossbell stuff does make me much more invested in Randy Orlando, and more interested in CS II's Divertissement, as well...and I expect when I finish seeing what Ao has to offer, I will understand some of the events at the end of CS II better. By the end of today I will know what went on in Ao up to the end of Chapter 4. Maybe even up to the very end.

Otherwise, just waiting on CS III on the 22nd and hoping really hard that I get it on release day.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 16, 2019 6:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:

What were you expecting, that it did not live up to?

I don't know, but it just didn't feel what I thought it would be. I kind of imagined a game where Story of Seasons and Atelier mixed up perfectly. It just didn't sync well with me. I also tried Light of Hope and that didn't go so well either

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 3:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Are you looking for a nice relaxing simulation or RPG, Ronin? I could throw out some suggestions (besides what you've already tried) if you'd like.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2019 1:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm not sure, but maybe Alchemy Garden would fit the bill? It's Early Access, though. It does have a demo, at least.

I'm currently replaying the first Trails in the Sky, just to fill time until CS III.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2019 9:17 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bluie wrote:
Are you looking for a nice relaxing simulation or RPG, Ronin? I could throw out some suggestions (besides what you've already tried) if you'd like.

Trying to fill the void for what I need to play. I'm waiting impatiently for Rune Factory 4 Special, Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town, and Animal Crossing New Horizons. What I need is a good farming game. I've tried Stranded Sails and Doraemon, but neither of them worked. (Stranded Sails' catchphrases bothered me a lot as did the stamina. As for Doraemon, I couldn't stand Noby after watching one cutscene with him and he's the playable protagonist)

For games that would fit the bill, I'm waiting on the Switch release for Re:Legend, Littlewood, and Temtem. I already have My Time at Portia (love!), Gleaner Heights (I need to play more of it), World's Dawn (I need to play more of it), Stardew Valley (love it), Kynseed (love it), and Starbound (it's okay).

I also have every Rune Factory and Bokujou Monogatari game released in the west. The only ones I haven't beaten are A Wonderful Life, Tale of Two Towns, and the three Gameboy games.

So, based on all that, I'd welcome recommendations.

Kikki wrote:
I'm not sure, but maybe Alchemy Garden would fit the bill? It's Early Access, though. It does have a demo, at least.

I'll go ahead and try the demo out.

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 3:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm going to recommend you Forager as it might scratch the itch you've got. But, I feel you though. Waiting for Re: Legend, Picontier, Summer in Mara, Animal Crossing New Horizons, and SoS FoMT is giving me a void as well. Doraemon SoS is fun in its own right, but I can only play it for so long.

I'm really fortunate that my next anticipated games, Atelier Ryza and Pokemon S/S are coming out soon, but next year almost everything is up in the air, and I wanna play some good relaxing games asap! I can only play so many JRPGs before I start to burn out, even if they're my favourite genre. I need cool down games too!

And speaking of JRPGs, the first I'm intending to get next year is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and even with the drama going on around it, I don't really care. Censorship is such a hot button issue is games these days, and I use to care, but I think I'm just too tired now. Besides, even though the characters are fictional, over sexualizing minors (they're still 16 in the JPN version) is squicky. I do think it's weird that they're using the localized WiiU version as a base for all regions, but at this point, I just want to play the damn Fire Emblem Persona game.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 7:00 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Doraemon: SoS and Little Town Hero have been removed from my wishlist. Because I don't want them any more, lol. I hate the Doraemon characters and the LTH battle system is horrible, so...my list has shrunk a little. Which is actually nice.

Not getting anything else in October (except some DLC goodies for Cold Steel III) but will definitely get Ring Fit Adventure sometime in November. Still not sure about Astroneer and Pokemon Shield, but those games and PINE are all I have left under consideration for 2019 since I will probably remove Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth from my list as well. The battle system for it doesn't look interesting, either. I don't take risks on turn-based games any more unless everything else about them is just violently appealing to me. It never works out. :/

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 8:13 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You'll have to tell me how you like Ring Fit, Kiki. I do Fitness Boxing daily and it helps keep my weight regulated, but Ring Fit does look a little more involved. I've turned the instructor and music down to 0 and just listen to podcasts now because they got so irritating. Also, I think the playtime is bugged on Switch because it's stuck a '5 hours or more' and I KNOW i've done waaay more than 5 hours.

I played Cyber Sleuth back in my Vita days, and it was all around OK, but not super amazing. Most of the fun in combat comes from digivolving your party through their trees and finding your favourites. Other than that it's basic JRPG fare. I'd much prefer more Digimon World types of games (half pet sim half RPG) than straight RPG. I'm very tentative on Digimon Survive next year.

Alsooo, I'm not dropping any games, but as all the titles I have are not grabbing me, everything is now a buffer game while I wait for Atelier Ryza and Pokemon. I'm going back to Dragon Quest XIS to grind for the true ending in the meantime. No stress if I don't finish them before then.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 8:27 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I will! Ring Fit is my first priority for a game to buy in November, so it's almost guaranteed I'll be getting it within about a month. I'm just really hoping my back is better soon, as it has been trash since October came in...I can barely do short grocery shopping trips. Just standing for any amount of time ratchets the pain up...I really don't know what's up with it. I have to spend most of my time lying down or in a recliner. :x

Ring Fit looks great...the visuals are so pretty. (Not so much the characters, but the world.) I don't love the jogging in place thing, though. It makes the game too noisy to do upstairs since my sister sleeps (downstairs) until NOON every day. Maybe if I put thick padding down, or something...I do have one quite thick gym mat that I could use. I'm curious how long the game portion is. I know it has 'free play' options where you don't have to be doing any RPG-ish stuff, but I can't help but wonder if they actually managed to make the gaming portion interesting or not.

I haven't actually heard any music for Ring Fit. I should look it back up and pay more attention to that.

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently beat:

KFC dating simulator

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 73 games)

Currently playing:

Ciconia When They Cry(PC/Steam)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition (Switch)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20, 2020)
Pokemon Shield (November 15, 2019)
Digimon Survive (2020)

Games I want:

Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) (October 31, 2019)
Rune Factory 4 Special (digital-only in the US) (2019) (Switch)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2020)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
AI: The Somnium Files (Switch)
Root Letter: Last Answer (Switch)
My Time At Portia (Switch)
Snack World Franchise games (Heading West in 2020)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Switch) (October 1, 2019)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Raging Loop (Releasing in North America physically on October 22nd, 2019)
Story of Seasons: Reunion of Mineral Town (Switch) (Japanese release date: October 17, 2019) (US/West release date unknown)
Robotics; Notes Elite (Switch) (Coming 2020 in the West)
Robotics; Notes Dash (confirmed for the West)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Summer Pockets (Confirmed English-language version for PC coming in 2019)

Games beat in 2019: 9

Games bought in 2019: More than 10+

So, I bought Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition for the Switch yesterday and I played the first hour of the original game (complete edition includes both games) earlier. It's really good. There's a lot of story/exposition dialogue though. So, haven't played much of it yet. I chose Terriermon to be my first Digimon. :heart: :)

Still playing through Ciconia. I'm about halfway, I hope. :lol:

Next week, Raging Loop is released digitally in the U.S. I'm excited for that, too. It's $10 cheaper digitally and comes out nearly a full month earlier than the physical release. Hopefully, I'll get everything in Ciconia finished by then. :)

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 11:22 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:

I haven't actually heard any music for Ring Fit. I should look it back up and pay more attention to that.

I mean, it's probably fine, but Fitness Boxing is one of six trainers yammering at you and the music itself is midi versions of popular pop songs. I turned the instructor's voice off immediately and I worked out to the music for awhile, but I just can't do it anymore. I'd much rather listen to people talk about whatever for 20+ min then listen to a bad version of 'All About That Bass' one more time.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 12:47 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bluie wrote:
I'm going to recommend you Forager as it might scratch the itch you've got. But, I feel you though. Waiting for Re: Legend, Picontier, Summer in Mara, Animal Crossing New Horizons, and SoS FoMT is giving me a void as well. Doraemon SoS is fun in its own right, but I can only play it for so long.

I forgot that to add that I do have Forager and I love it.

I have Atelier Ryza, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon coming out soon as well.

Just trying to find games to fill the void is hard.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2019 7:27 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I think I'm out of my uh...game block, for the moment. For whatever reason watching a stream of a game I'm playing gets me back into it (mostly not wanting to spoil myself) - and that worked for Astral Chain. Trying to get through it before Halloween...for obvious reasons. :lol:

Making pretty good pace finally - I'd say I've hit the second arc officially. I REALLY love the combat, on the player's end the mix of active and reactive combat is downright magical. Story sections are good, but the combat is my favorite part. (Platforming is least favorite.)

Minor spoilery complaint (if you don't know what I'm talking about...it won't matter).
Spoiler:
I know this isn't possible, but I'd really like to trade Akira for Kyle. They're both arrogant and hot headed, but I'd take Kyle any day. He was great. Fight me.

Backlog adjacent info...if anybody here has followed any of the Zelda Dungeon video walkthroughs, I just found that the guy who made those (Caleb Simpson) now has his own Youtube channel and is making one for Skyward Sword. They're always 100% walkthroughs and he tests everything pretty thoroughly, so I think there's hope to finish the game without hating it. (eg APPARENTLY you can recalibrate your wiimote by flailing/doing a bunch of different sword strikes, which will center it. Wish Nintendo thought to mention that.)

I may try again with the game, maybe between now and Animal Crossing. We'll see. :shifty:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 94  Next