Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 18, 2020 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 94  Next
Bluie
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2019
Post Posted: Oct 27, 2019 4:16 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm personally waiting for the confirmed release of CSIV before I get into III. I don't want to have to deal with another cliffhanger lol.

Samansu
Post Posted: Oct 27, 2019 4:30 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Samansu wrote:
Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Picked up Undertale for the first time yesterday (about time lol) and I’m enjoying it so far! I have no idea how far I am but I played for almost four hours straight already.

\o.o/ Undertale is so good! I love that game! Got a favorite character so far? I love Toriel whom I refer to as Goat Mom! :) :heart:
Yeah I’ve heard so many good things about it and I can’t believe it took me this long to pick it up! I think Sans has caught my attention the most so far, but I also like that little monster kid that’s been following me for the past while (idk if he has a name?). Toriel was really awesome too. :)

Oh gosh yeah! I love almost every character. Even some enemies like Woshua, Napsatblook, and IceCap. I don't know if that lil monster kid has a name either, but yeah he is great too. The music of the game is phenomenal and so is the writing. Such good stuff! OwO :heart:

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 28, 2019 7:55 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I finished Ch 2 and have started Ch 3 of Cold Steel III, but I played it so much yesterday that I feel like taking a little break today. It's a HUGE story, encompassing an entire continent over a fair number of years and enveloping countries, religions, and politics from all angles, with a million characters. There is TOO MUCH DETAIL. I'm not really into the detail in the first place, honestly...so your brain can grow numb to it after a while.

This isn't a spoiler since I don't mention any story stuff, it's just me saying I'm not really into a lot of the tiny details.
Spoiler:
A lot of Kiseki fans are loremasters, whether self-proclaimed or otherwise. They're into every last thing everyone said, every book you can read in-game, every bit of info. But I'm not. I love this series for the characters. I start by falling for one character, and getting invested in their emotions, which makes me want to know their backstory and how they're going to feel as the story continues. Then of course, I get interested in a few other characters that you meet along the way. So when a plot twist comes up and I think "oh man, this is going to make Rean feel so guilty", or "wow, Jusis is not going to be able to see eye-to-eye on THAT", or something, those are bits that really matter to me.

Everything else basically doesn't, lol. I like the BASIC story. I'm into the different plots...Erebonia being a monarchy and placing a lot of importance on the class system, and that being at odds with the views of other groups, etc. Those are things I can remember. But frankly I've never been into the inclusion of magic, of stuff like witches and Ouroboros and so on. I'm also not fond of anything to do with the Septian Church. I'd like the story more if those things weren't in it at all, and it focused on stuff like nobles, regular politicians, rebel groups, Crossbell's struggle for independence, and the issue with responsible technology and stuff. I feel like all the extras makes this series a bit on the woolly side. I think the story would have been stronger if they hadn't spread the story out so wide, across so many factions, and tightened it in a little, instead.

That's an issue I have with the whole series, not this game in specific. This game is actually gathering the loose ends up, now. Not tying them, yet, but grabbing them up into a lump, sorta. Anyway, I love this game and the series but I feel burned out on the sheer amount of detail there is to take in all the time, and I think I've gotta take today off, lol. There are just too many plots threads to keep track of.

ryume
Post Posted: Oct 28, 2019 8:28 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I feel you on the difficulty of keeping track of all the details, but then again, I love that stuff because it makes everything so much richer for me. On the other hand, it can be overwhelming/make things feel bloated if not properly done, and in my case, I do need to go back and look things up so I can keep track of what's what while I'm playing.

My biggest issue right now since I've started charter 3, however, is ALISA'S SKIRT. It will bother many for various reasons, including exploiting the female form, but honestly for ME personally, it's more that it's UGLY, then followed by the fact that it's exploitative/utterly ridiculous looking. A 6" mini skirt does NOT need a 4" vent in the center back FFS :evil:

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 28, 2019 8:58 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yep, I had the same complaint. Alisa's hoo-ha would be more than merely peeking RIGHT OUT of the slit on that skirt, if she weren't a cartoon. Even WITHOUT bending over. I mean, it's such a tiny skirt that sneezing would have gotten her arrested for indecent exposure even if it had NO slit. She looks anything but professional.

For me, with Kiseki being what I feel to be overly detailed, it's like they made this a vast, WIDE story, when I wanted depth, not width. It's like...spreading a spoon of butter over a single plump piece of toast as opposed to an entire loaf. No single bite tastes rich...the butter is barely there in ANY bite because it was spread so thin. I guess in essence I'm saying the exact opposite of you. Too much detail makes the story less rich for me. Like...putting a teaspoon of cinnamon in an apple pie. Delicious! Totally necessary, even. But putting a teaspoon EACH of cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg and anise and allspice and cardamom and caraway in...yuck. Suddenly its a muddy wash of no flavour in particular, just an overwhelming taste of 'spice' with no identity. You can't even taste the apple any more.

Dunno if that makes sense to anyone else but me, but yeah, basically I feel the Kiseki stories are so broad that they lack the depth needed to impact me. I love them, but very selectively; far more for the characters and their individual stories than the overall plot. Beyond relations between countries, I...mostly ignore the story, lol.

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 6:22 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'll be heading out to get Ryza soon! >:D

IDK how long it'll last me, but it'll at least help the painful wait for Pokemon. GOSH I JUST WANT POKEMON ASAP RN.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 7:17 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I hope Ryza is great :)

Cold Steel III got a new batch of DLC this morning (before it was only cosmetic stuff), so I'm getting myself a bunch of Shining Pom Droplets for endgame. I do really love to be over-leveled wherever possible and it makes replays more fun for me, to have maxed-out stats so I can just breeze through to gather up scenes and achievements I missed in my first play-through. Getting all of the 'value' sets will give you THIRTY levels. $20 CAD for an extra for a game I'm bound to play 3-4 times at least is just fine, imo. Though now I'm wondering what the level cap in this game is. I'd assumed it was 99 like in CS1, but maybe not?

Ash has turned out to be quite the Renaissance man. Liking him a fair bit, now, even though not that much has changed about him yet and the game has not yet shown me what's behind some of his odder behaviour. I have a suspicion about him, though. Musse's habit of giggling after almost everything she says makes her a bit irritating to me, though. I've finished the 'school' portion of CH 3 and am now onto the...what do they call it? Field exercise? I'm into that part, anyway.

EDIT: So, early in the game I managed to get a Shining Pom Droplet almost for free at Neinvalli. Since I bought those DLC ones, I used the one I bought in-game to see how they work. It's neat! Still only usable as a battle item, sort of, but you no longer have to defeat the pom to get the level...it just GIVES it to you, like a little fluffy angel.

ryume
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 9:52 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I'm nearly done with the free day portion of chapter 3. They harem effect around Rean is fairly ridiculous, and at times mildly annoying,
Spoiler:
but the bath scene with Aurelia and the girls in this chapter was absolutely hysterical to me
:lol: I do get a kick out of how all the characters will comment on Rean's obliviousness ("knowing you, that popularity is wasted").

Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 9:59 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Downloaded Ryza last night so I could get the preorder stuff, but I’ve been at work all day so I haven’t gotten to play it yet. ;o;

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 10:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Let us know how you guys like Ryza's revamped style, and if that's the only real change to the series or if they've tweaked more than that :)

~

Oh lordy, Rean's harem. I get why, since in theory it's up to the player who he has his final bonding event with (even though the game makes it very obvious that Alisa is the 'canon' pairing.) You know, I found it funny and even cute to start with, but they've been laying it on TOO thick, even for me. Though yeah, some of the things said have been pretty funny. Rean is basically Lloyd 2.0, it seems...all the women love his naive, head-patting generosity and sweetness but he is apparently dumber than a brick, because the only person he KNOWS is attracted to him is Musse (who is about as subtle as a charging rhino) and he thinks that's all a joke.

Admittedly I think it IS a joke...but only in part. It's like...Musse will say these things just for fun, but if she gets a good response off of it, awesome...she'd snatch that up right away. Oh well...at least it's not completely unbelievable in Rean, to be this naive, since he has such a low opinion of himself. What little esteem he has was created and fostered by his friends...it didn't come to him naturally.

I wish Elise at the least would stop. I've always been squicked by the whole Elise thing. This probably isn't a spoiler to anyone who had played the first game, but...
Spoiler:
She was, what, THREE when the Swartzer family adopted Rean? Or maybe she was five. For her to be looking at him this way all along means she has never treated him as a brother at all, and in that way, the parents haven't either, cuz in the extra they expressed the thought Rean and Elise would be a great match, too. Grody. Is he your son and a part of the family, or not? It's not like Rean lacks for love interests...I wish Elise had just been a true, good sister to him, instead of another admirer.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 10:38 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Tuesday is my day without any classes so I finished my first playthrough of Undertale today. Overall I liked all the ways it broke the boundaries of a typical RPG, though I wasn't very good at the actual battle mechanics lol. (I think it would be easier with a controller but the Mac version doesn't have controller support unfortunately.) The story and music were of course outstanding, so I was glad to see it lived up to the hype. I only did the neutral route but I might play through the other routes as well sometime.

Samansu
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 10:51 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Tuesday is my day without any classes so I finished my first playthrough of Undertale today. Overall I liked all the ways it broke the boundaries of a typical RPG, though I wasn't very good at the actual battle mechanics lol. (I think it would be easier with a controller but the Mac version doesn't have controller support unfortunately.) The story and music were of course outstanding, so I was glad to see it lived up to the hype. I only did the neutral route but I might play through the other routes as well sometime.

Oh gosh yeah it must be hard without a controller! I'm very happy for you and glad you liked it! It is def worth replaying as you may have missed things, or will get different dialogue if you make different choices! :)

A word of warning about other paths... :shifty:

Spoiler:
If you play and complete a genocide run it will permanently alter the game as a 'punishment' of sorts. I think you can fix it, but you have to go into the actual game files in your pc and delete certain files to 'fix' the game and allow the untainted saves again. >n> Toby programmed super serious mode into genocide.

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 11:00 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently beat:

KFC dating simulator

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 73 games)

Currently playing:

Ciconia When They Cry(PC/Steam)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition (Switch)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20, 2020)
Pokemon Shield (November 15, 2019)
Digimon Survive (2020)

Games I want:

Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) (October 31, 2019)
Rune Factory 4 Special (digital-only in the US) (2019) (Switch)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2020)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
AI: The Somnium Files (Switch)
My Time At Portia (Switch)
Snack World Franchise games (Heading West in 2020)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Switch) (October 1, 2019)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Story of Seasons: Reunion of Mineral Town (Switch) (Japanese release date: October 17, 2019) (US/West release date unknown)
Robotics; Notes Elite (Switch) (Coming 2020 in the West)
Robotics; Notes Dash (confirmed for the West)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Summer Pockets (Confirmed English-language version for PC coming in 2019)

Games beat in 2019: 9

Games bought in 2019: More than 10+

So, I bought Raging Loop (Switch) last week, and I just bought and downloaded Root Letter: Last Answer for the Switch as well.

Haven't been playing games much, but hope to play some today.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 11:09 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Sims freeplay has my attention atm. It has quests that needs to be watched daily.

Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 12:20 pm 

I’m only like 5 minutes in so haven’t hit actual gameplay besides running around, but uhhhh Ryza is a godgeous game ;o;

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 94  Next