Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 94  Next
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2019
Post Posted: Nov 26, 2019 6:30 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Samansu wrote:
Oh wow Kikki! I'm so happy for you! It's great that you have found a system that works now! \o.o/ May I ask what gives you the heebie-jeebies about yoga? lol I have only done yoga and not pilates so idk.

OMG! I'm on World 5 too and I also have a dude in World 3 that won't show up so I can't get 100%! First one to figure it out needs to tell the other lol

Thanks! :) The stretching is a huge help, though I have to avoid too much of it for several days of each month or I'll pull something right out of place, lol.

If I have that final request pop up in World 3, I'll make sure to say when/how/why, if I can figure it out :)

Why I'm not into yoga:
Spoiler:
It's just that a lot of yoga instructors seem to teach it almost like it's a religion, more than a type of exercise, and that's not what I want. I personally just don't need to do a backbend to activate prana life-force energy. Or stimulate my heart chakra, either.

I also don't enjoy being coached on my mental or emotional state or things like that. My friends and family would attest to this with a laugh...I'm super-duper, almost unnaturally calm. So I don't need someone telling me to 'empty my thoughts' or focus on the energy coming up from my feet or...whatever. It's just not something I want to be part of my exercise routine. I'm sure there are some instructors who don't do that, but that doesn't seem to be what I encounter, even in videos.

Which is why I'd rather go with Pilates. It's fairly similar in many movements...it's a slow, deliberate discipline that emphasizes balance, stretching and precisely managing your body and posture and strengthening your core, but they don't coach you on what to think or feel as you do it. At most they tell you how to pace your breathing, which I'm fine with :)

I already have a really good-looking book waiting in my Amazon cart (I'm better at following book instructions and photos than videos) and the perfect density of mat to start on Pilates. I'm trying to resist buying it right now. Maybe I don't need to wait until mid-December after all :)

Oh, and more mundanely...yoga has too many moves my weird physiology can't deal with. I'm flexible, but I can't put my head below my heart or I get dizzy on the spot. Same with arching my head backward. So, a basic yoga asana like downward dog, for example, is totally out. I also can't arch my back backward too much, which eliminates basically all backbends...all for very long-established and never-gonna-go-entirely-away reasons. So all-in-all, Pilates just suits me a lot better. :)

Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 8:07 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Kikki wrote:
Thanks! :) The stretching is a huge help, though I have to avoid too much of it for several days of each month or I'll pull something right out of place, lol.

If I have that final request pop up in World 3, I'll make sure to say when/how/why, if I can figure it out :)

Why I'm not into yoga:
Spoiler:
It's just that a lot of yoga instructors seem to teach it almost like it's a religion, more than a type of exercise, and that's not what I want. I personally just don't need to do a backbend to activate prana life-force energy. Or stimulate my heart chakra, either.

I also don't enjoy being coached on my mental or emotional state or things like that. My friends and family would attest to this with a laugh...I'm super-duper, almost unnaturally calm. So I don't need someone telling me to 'empty my thoughts' or focus on the energy coming up from my feet or...whatever. It's just not something I want to be part of my exercise routine. I'm sure there are some instructors who don't do that, but that doesn't seem to be what I encounter, even in videos.

Which is why I'd rather go with Pilates. It's fairly similar in many movements...it's a slow, deliberate discipline that emphasizes balance, stretching and precisely managing your body and posture and strengthening your core, but they don't coach you on what to think or feel as you do it. At most they tell you how to pace your breathing, which I'm fine with :)

I already have a really good-looking book waiting in my Amazon cart (I'm better at following book instructions and photos than videos) and the perfect density of mat to start on Pilates. I'm trying to resist buying it right now. Maybe I don't need to wait until mid-December after all :)

Oh, and more mundanely...yoga has too many moves my weird physiology can't deal with. I'm flexible, but I can't put my head below my heart or I get dizzy on the spot. Same with arching my head backward. So, a basic yoga asana like downward dog, for example, is totally out. I also can't arch my back backward too much, which eliminates basically all backbends...all for very long-established and never-gonna-go-entirely-away reasons. So all-in-all, Pilates just suits me a lot better. :)

Sounds good to me! I'll do the same if I can figure it out lol
Spoiler:
Ah I see! That is totally fine. It's interesting because Yoga was originally a spiritual Hinduism thing, but the way they make it spiritual and religion-y is kinda weird and not even based in any ACTUAL religion. I really enjoy a lot of the poses and movements of Yoga, but it is true that they are weird with those kind of things lol. I don't blame you. My fav Yoga has been DDP Yoga because it's a former wrestler and eliminates pretty much all of the spiritual aspect. Pilates sounds like a great option though! I have never tried it, but I imagine I would like it since it is Yoga without the 'weirdness' lol

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 9:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's snowing today. (We had a gorgeous day yesterday...the snow actually melted and I could see the grass, which is still mostly green, and it was a bit above zero. I sure wish our entire winter could be like yesterday!) This, and the knowledge that I have no new games in December and maybe no new games in January either, is making me hanker after more building and gardening in Dragon Quest Builders 2.

I change my front door wreath to our winter one on December 1st. Maybe I'll pick DQB2 up again then :) And wait anxiously for March 1, when I can put my pink and yellow peony wreath up in place of the frosted-pine-and-berries one, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be only a few weeks away! But for now I'm going to have to satisfy my outdoor urges with rebuilding the dock into a farmer's market on the Isle of Awakening, and make a climbing spiral of wisteria and an orchard of cherry trees with some waterfalls and...whatever else I can dream up. :)

There's 113 days until New Horizons, btw.

PS: While it's not guaranteed that someone who likes yoga will also like Pilates, there is certainly some crossover.
Spoiler:
Yoga is very focused on mood/thought as well as breathing, flexibility, balance and then strength, but Pilates is a little more purely muscular, as it leaves out most of the mood/thought urging and is very focused on core strength, back and front, and in the process promotes balance and flexibility as well. So a lot of the same stuff, but with more emphasis on different parts. For example, here is a simple chart of yoga poses, and you can compare it to a chart of Pilates moves. Also, in yoga you most often seem to hold a pose stationary for a length of time, while in Pilates you're often moving a little more, doing small reps of leg or torso movement while you maintain the general pose.

To protect my problematic spine, core strength is what I need more than anything else. It may also help get me back onto my (hybrid) bike next summer. I'd cry with happiness if I could ever go a step further and return to my real love: my road bike. It's cuts through the air so fast, it's like flying. But the low posture puts a lot of demand on the neck in particular...right where I have issues. A super strong back and abs might take enough of that demand up to let me get back to it.

Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 9:47 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Kikki wrote:
It's snowing today. (We had a gorgeous day yesterday...the snow actually melted and I could see the grass, which is still mostly green, and it was a bit above zero. I sure wish our entire winter could be like yesterday!) This, and the knowledge that I have no new games in December and maybe no new games in January either, is making me hanker after more building and gardening in Dragon Quest Builders 2.

I change my front door wreath to our winter one on December 1st. Maybe I'll pick DQB2 up again then :) And wait anxiously for March 1, when I can put my pink and yellow peony wreath up in place of the frosted-pine-and-berries one, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be only a few weeks away! But for now I'm going to have to satisfy my outdoor urges with rebuilding the deck into a farmer's market on the Isle of Awakening, and make a climbing spiral of wisteria and an orchard of cherry trees with some waterfalls and...whatever else I can dream up. :)

There's 113 days until New Horizons, btw.

PS: While it's not guaranteed that someone who likes yoga will also like Pilates, there is certainly some crossover.
Spoiler:
Yoga is very focused on mood/thought as well as breathing, flexibility, balance and then strength, but Pilates is a little more purely muscular, as it leaves out most of the mood/thought urging and is very focused on core strength, back and front, and in the process promotes balance and flexibility as well. So a lot of the same stuff, but with more emphasis on different parts. For example, here is a simple chart of yoga poses, and you can compare it to a chart of Pilates moves. Also, in yoga you most often seem to hold a pose stationary for a length of time, while in Pilates you're often moving a little more, doing small reps of leg or torso movement while you maintain the general pose.

To protect my problematic spine, core strength is what I need more than anything else. It may also help get me back onto my (hybrid) bike next summer. I'd cry with happiness if I could ever go a step further and return to my real love: my road bike. It's cuts through the air so fast, it's like flying. But the low posture puts a lot of demand on the neck in particular...right where I have issues. A super strong back and abs might take enough of that demand up to let me get back to it.

It is still quite warm here in NC. Mid 50s most days. I hope you have a mild winter Kikki!

Spoiler:
Yeah I know those differences between pilates and yoga. I used to shy away from it because it seemed hard and fast pace and I was embarrassed about my lack of fitness. I'm in a much different headspace all these years later, and now yoga is a bit annoying with the guided thinking aspect lol. I think I may like pilates better overall since the spiritual and thought guiding in yoga are a bit odd the older I get. If I want to meditate I will specifically do that instead of doing it while exercising lol I need to strengthen my core and back as well for sure. My uneven legs and large chest put a lot of strain on my back. Plus being more flexible is always a good thing. I will be rooting for you to get back on that road bike! What is your hybrid bike like? Is it recumbent or like a trike?

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 10:03 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks :) Sadly, there really is no such thing as a mild winter, here, bleh. But against the odds, I hope for milder than usual, and LESS SNOW. We typically get about 6 feet of snow per winter, here, and last year we had accumulation up to about four feet high. Horrible.

Farming/gardening/building games are helpful in not going completely stir-crazy with sun deprivation and cabin fever. I'm still very unhappy that New Horizons got pushed back for those 3-4 months I need it the most, even if I understand why it had to happen and know it is for the game's best outcome. I'm really looking forward to Rune Factory 4 Special but I have no idea when it's coming. For now I'm hoping the placeholder date of January 21 turns out to be real and that it isn't any later than that.

My hybrid is just a normal hybrid.
Spoiler:
A cross between a road bike, a touring bike, and a mountain bike. Two normal wheels and an upright sitting posture (which was essential for me) with lower treads than a mountain bike but much more grippy than a road bike. (That's the technical term, btw...'grippy'.) Her name is Spirit, and I like her a lot, but I really miss Ghost. He'll be my favourite bike forever, even if he's neglected and in poor condition, now...a very flighty and tempermental road bike that was as much like sailing or flying as cycling. I remember once I was biking down a back road and some birds swooped down to fly fairly close alongside me, at about the same level as me...and we were going the same speed. Really added to the feeling of flying!

I'm top-heavy, too, though less so than when I was younger. Damn things are a real hindrance to any athletic endeavour.

If you try Pilates, I hope it goes well for you. I've decided to go with this book, as I prefer to learn from books than videos since then I can go at my own speed, and this one has lots of good pictures and easy-to-understand instructions, at least for my tastes.

Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 3:42 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Yeah I figured no mild winters. I am originally from New York and I remember real winters. Snow banks definitely aren't a thing down here. We get some rough winter storms occasionally and it shuts down the whole area for a day or two because we don't have the resources. I can imagine cabin fever gets intense though.

Yeah I hate that those both got pushed back. Hopefully they will get RF4S out sooner rather than later. I am debating trying RF4S. I was not a real fan of RF1 or Frontier. I got bored quick with them as there were so few events and not much development. Is 4 a lot more interesting/busy?

Spoiler:
Ah I see I see! I have never been big on bike riding. I really enjoy it, but there are very few safe places to ride where I grew up. Lots of winding wooded roads with bad visibility. That flying feeling sounds amazing though and I can't imagine having a bird keep pace with me! That would be so cool! I also like that you named your bikes. That is very cute to me! :)

Omg! They are SOOOOO annoying when exercising. In high school I did martial arts and they were constantly in the way. Only not in the way with swimming because they help you float lol :lol:

Thanks for the book recommendation! I'll def consider it if/when I decide to add some pilates into my fitness!

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 3:55 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I played RF1 so long ago that I don't remember it, and I never played Frontier, but...

RF4 is quite busy...there's always loads to do. It does run on the mostly the same ideas as earlier RF games, but there's more of everything. I mean, there's all the farming (and the cool magical crops in addition to normal ones) and seasonal fields in special areas that you can unlock eventually so that you can grow out-of-season crops whenever you want. Plus the social scene is very active with all the character events (single and multi character events and little sub-stories being told) and I love how the characters will call out greetings to you as you pass. They'll even say things like 'that looks delicious' when you go by if you're actively carrying some food at that moment.

And you can always go exploring, in the overworld or in dungeons. Or animal taming! If you love to fight, there's loads of it to do. Plus you can choose from quite a few different weapon styles, which lets you fight differently...very up close, mid-distance, or long-distance. If you hate to fight, you can put your energy into taming and taking care of monsters, instead, so that they'll do some of your fighting for you. (Some monsters are extremely effective fighters, though some do kinda suck.) You can also get products off some them, like eggs, milk, wool, etc.

Plus there are festivals, not just harvest types, but quiz-game-show types, bean tossing mini-game, stuff like that. And the crafting, oh man...I LOVE the crafting. You can make all of your own armour, weapons, accessories, food, medicine...and the more you craft, the more your crafting abilities level up, and the more awesome the stuff you can make will be. And you can mine when you're out exploring, as well as gather materials from monsters. Crops, monster drops and metal/minerals from mining area all used in crafting in various ways.

I totally love it, especially BECAUSE you can always change up what you're doing. If you're sick of farming, quit doing it for a while! Go exploring and mining instead. Or collect monsters. Or do requests for the town to raise your...what was it called? Prince/Princess rating? Doing stuff for the town to get points that you can spend on unlocking more amenities and stuff, anyway. :)

And I love the characters. Best overall cast in any Bokumono/RF game, imo. Very looking forward to playing it again with a bit of extra content! As if there weren't already enough :)

Spoiler:
Thanks; the bird thing was unexpected and really cool. Not sure why they decided to fly along so near me...did they not know I was a human? Lol. My area is very safe. We've got forests and hills galore, but this is the countryside, so there's not a lot of traffic.

Yeah, boobs are no fun. Not for me, anyway. They get in the way all the time, even when just stretching. The damn things limit the movement of my arms!

Last edited by Kikki on Nov 27, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluie
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 4:11 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Cat Quest is finished and I finished my Pokedex! It's shiny hunting time! That is until December 3rd.

I might also be picking up several games on Black Friday / Cyber Monday, so that'll probably build up the backlog again. I'm hoping Atelier Lulua goes on sale somewhere.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 4:41 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

A few Nintendo games went on sale. One of them that I want is Unravel 2. It’s price dropped to 4.99USD.

I’m still finishing up Pokemon and now I got distracted by Katamari Damacy XD
For 3DS I’m almost finished with Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story.

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 5:26 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

A LOT of Nintendo games went on sale :) The sale is tempting me to get Etrian Odyssey Nexus at half off, especially since it may be the last-ever Etrian Odyssey game if they haven't figured out how they want to proceed now that they'll only have one screen to work with (and it wouldn't be worth playing without the mapping system!) I'm resisting, though, because I only like the Untold games, which have plot added to them. I sure wish they'd done more of those. Well...I guess it's possible for the future, though I'm not gonna old my breath. Also slightly tempted to get Torchlight II, since I enjoyed FATE a lot, back in the day, and this feels very similar, but it's another dungeon crawler, which overall isn't my thing. Same for Atelier Lulua. (I'm gonna wait for the Dusk collection to try Atelier again.)

Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Travelers is on sale as well, though a pretty small sale. I was interested in it, but...turn-based battles. And child protagonists. Interesting plot, but...hrm. Neo Cab is on sale as well. Small discount but it's not overly expensive to begin with, and both of these games were on my wishlist this year...I just passed them up at the time for reasons. AI: The Somnium Files is ALSO on sale, and I still really want it, but I know it's too gory for me. Argh, The Caligula Effect: Overdose is on half-off as well. TOO MUCH STUFF that I kinda want yet am not sure of, tempting me with saaaaaales.

Lotsa good sales, anyway! Must be terrible for people who aren't as painfully fussy as I am...they'd be overwhelmed with choice.

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 7:35 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently beat:

KFC dating simulator

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 73 games)

Currently playing:

Pokemon Shield (Switch)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20, 2020)
Digimon Survive (2020)

Games I want:

Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) (October 31, 2019)
Rune Factory 4 Special (digital-only in the US) (2019) (Switch)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2020)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
My Time At Portia (Switch)
Snack World Franchise games (Heading West in 2020)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Switch) (October 1, 2019)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Story of Seasons: Reunion of Mineral Town (Switch) (Japanese release date: October 17, 2019) (US/West release date unknown)
Robotics; Notes Elite (Switch) (Coming 2020 in the West)
Robotics; Notes Dash (confirmed for the West)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Summer Pockets (Confirmed English-language version for PC coming in 2019)
Rewrite+ (PC)

Games beat in 2019: 9

Games bought in 2019: More than 10+

So, just bought Bury Me, My Love (for free/100% off) and My Girlfriend's a Mermaid for Switch. And yesterday I ordered Ai: The Somnium Files off Amazon for 50% for myself as a Christmas present. :heart:

Thinking of getting more money on my e-shop account so I can buy Night in the Woods and Okami, as they're both on sale. :)

As for games for Christmas I really want Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Luigi's Mansion (the 3DS remake).

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.

Really enjoying Pokemon Shield.

Pachi
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I kept waiting for Octopath Traveler to go on sale at the eshop, but I am booboo the fool and didn't realize that the $20 off is only applicable to retailers in the US lol. I'm not from there, so shrugs

Now I'm debating to get either Ni No Kuni or Okami or both

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2019 1:51 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The Black Friday eshop sale is applicable in Canada, too...but as far as I can tell, we basically share the same e-shop except with our prices listed in different currency. Not sure how that works, tbh. I thought each country had their own e-shop so I dunno...I just know that I can get the Black Friday discount right now, and I live in Ontario.

Also, maybe I should post this in the Pokemon thread, but since it's related to the CAN/USA e-shop thing...I saw people talking about trading 'foreign dittos' and thinking that Canada and the US would be considered separate, but...I don't think they are? I've gotten a lot of surprise trades, and some of them have marks in the top right corner that say GER or ITA or SPA or JPN, but I have never gotten even one that said USA, so...I'm kind of thinking that we ended up getting lumped together, since I can't imagine that the dozens of trades I've received that were not marked as foreign were all specifically Canadian with none from the US mixed in. Anyone know if that's true?

In other places I keep hearing that everyone has Pokemon Sword (often because they're anxiously waiting on a ponyta but all their friends also have Sword and can't trade them one) but on FOGU it seems that Pokemon Shield is by far the majority. Funny how that happens.

Pachi
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2019 4:53 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Ah I meant that Octopath Traveler isn't actually included in the eshop sale, but apparently if you buy it with retailers like Gamestop, Walmart, and Best Buy, you could get it at $20 off. I registered my account with the US eshop and I see titles like BOTW and Mario on sale though.

In the 3DS Pokemon games, I would think the marks were identified through the region the 3DS unit and game are (i.e. North America, Japan, & PAL). But now that you mention it, I realize that if they go with that logic, then the marks should've been something like JPN or EUR/AUS/PAL (idk) instead of the specific country like GER & ITA. So now I think it's considered foreign if the pokemon is from a game in a different language rather than the country? I'm not well-versed, so I'm just speculating as well.

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2019 5:08 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oops, mis-post there.

But anyway...yeah, that could be it. I haven't gotten ANY trades marked with abbreviations for primarily English-speaking countries, either. Like, I don't have any from England, or Ireland, or Scotland. So maybe it does mark your game with whatever language you have your profile registered in. I really don't know, though. But I think all those people trying to trade dittos between the US and Canada may end up disappointed, cuz I don't think those dittos would be marked as foreign since no country label shows up on them like it does with the JPN or SPA (etc) ones were. (Sadly for a while I wondered what a 'spa' pokemon was. Like...it just really enjoys a long, hot soak, or facials?)

But since I don't actually know how it works... *shrug*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 94  Next