Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
ryume
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2019
Post Posted: Dec 10, 2019 11:52 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I caved and picked up taisho x alice. And WOW am I glad I did. I’m about 4 hours into Cinderella’s route... I haven’t laughed this much while playing an otoge ever (probably). Alice is HYSTERICAL. His voice actor so far is just perfect for that role haha. Man, I am going to be SO depressed if we don’t get the rest of this game!

Kikki
Post Posted: Dec 11, 2019 5:54 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Cinderella's route really is hilarious :) Red Riding Hood's wasn't, imo, but to make up for that, it was more plot-twisty. At least for me, it was.

I had to take a break from Ring Fit due to routine health issues...I wish all my joints didn't go out of whack for 25% of every month...but I should be able to pick it back up today. Gotta decide to squeak it in now before I have to go out, or wait until later so that I don't wear myself out before I get all my stuff done. Probably I should wait until I get back...

I've ordered my Pilates stuff, too. :D Gonna see about squeezing that in on between days.

I haven't been playing games, lately...I've been reading. I re-read the entirety of Skip Beat! yet again (all 43 volumes available in English, plus the 2-volumes worth of additional scanslated chapters that have not yet been made into volumes.) I do mean to, but I have so much sewing to do, and once I'm done that it'll be time to do a load of extra cleaning and cooking, so...I'm not sure if I can get any gaming done this month. I do really want to finish ONE MORE game, though, to bring 2019's total up to 24. So I'll finish something, somewhere in this month.

Bluie
Post Posted: Dec 11, 2019 6:50 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Huzzah! I worked off the Thanksgiving Turkey! I love you, Fitness Boxing.

I finished Atelier Lulua yesterday. I have very mixed feelings towards it, because I both liked and disliked it. I think I might do a review in the designated thread. I think the mixed feelings might really be to two factors. One: I played it after Ryza and the QoL improvements in Ryza were hard to let go. Two: It didn't feel like an Arland game despite the obvious setting and callbacks, and that bugged me a lot. HOWEVER, there was a lot to love about the game too, especially the characters, and the music (which was fantastic as always).

Next on my list is Ni No Kuni Remastered. I'm going to try and finish both of the Ni No Kunis before Tokyo Mirage Sessions comes out in January, but it's all depends because....

Dauntless is really fun. I booted it up to try it out and yeah, it hooked me. Gonna see if the hubby is up to playing it with me because we originally bonded over Monster-hunteresque games, and we've been dying for a new one. And because we're both suckers for looking cool in games (*looks nervously over how much we've spent on Warframe*), ima probs drop some money into it too. They have cat themed accessories!!! MY ONE WEAKNESS!

*Cough* Anyways, here's the current backlog:

Ni No Kuni Remastered
Ni No Kuni II
SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions (on hold until all my physical games are finished)
Trails of Cold Steel III (on hold til CSIV releases over here)
Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition (planning to start in February 2020)
Utawarerumono Mask of Deception/Mask of Truth (on hold til the third game releases)

Kikki
Post Posted: Dec 11, 2019 2:01 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I dunno if I said this before, but...I want to have Warp Shift as my 24th game completed this year. It's goofy, but I'm really curious if it'll allow me to complete the game with the last few worlds having each level completed with 0 (or very few) stars. (You can get 3 stars max on each level...it depends on how many moves it takes you to shift the MC to the warp point. Even if you use a million moves, you can still complete the level...it just won't award you any stars for taking that many moves to get through.)

So far I've completed each world with at least 66% of the stars on my first run through, and then I went back and got more stars afterwards, so I'm interested to know if it'll let me move on even if I have only have half (or less) of them. Some of the levels are tricky so it shouldn't take much faking to get a bunch of levels with no stars.

Returning to Ring Fit made me really woozy. It gets easier the more regularly you use it, but skip a week and your return session will knock you for a loop, it seems. Maybe I should have decreased the difficulty for my first session back, but meh.

Congrats, Bluie; good work :)

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Dec 11, 2019 2:25 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently beat:

KFC dating simulator

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 73 games)

Currently playing:

Pokemon Shield (Switch)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20, 2020)
Digimon Survive (2020)

Games I want:

Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Rune Factory 4 Special (digital-only in the US) (2019) (Switch)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2020)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
My Time At Portia (Switch)
Snack World Franchise games (Heading West in 2020)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Switch) (October 1, 2019)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Story of Seasons: Reunion of Mineral Town (Switch) (Japanese release date: October 17, 2019) (US/West release date unknown)
Robotics; Notes Elite (Switch) (Coming 2020 in the West)
Robotics; Notes Dash (confirmed for the West)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Summer Pockets (Confirmed English-language version for PC coming in 2019)
Rewrite+ (PC)

Games beat in 2019: 9

Games bought in 2019: More than 10+

So, I'm still playing through the main story of Pokemon Shield after unsuccessfully shiny hunting for over 30 hours for a shiny Nickit on Route 2. After 1,000 encounters. :( I've gotten my third gym badge and made it to the fourth gym town. Still haven't gotten a gigantamax snorlax.

I already know I got Luigi's Mansion 3 for Christmas. My mom's hidden it from me, though. :o :lol:

I don't know if I told you guys I also bought Ookami and Night in the Woods. But, I did. I also just bought Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace, but I have to play Steins;Gate Elite first.

I'm excited for the Princess Maker series to come out on Switch. (Princess Maker 3 and Princess Maker Go! Go! Princess).

I think the games I'm most excited for from the Indies reveal yesterday are Murder by Numbers and Sports Story. Although, I have to buy and play Golf Story first.

ryume
Post Posted: Dec 11, 2019 11:52 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Finished taisho x alice for now. I liked Red's route - it was interesting. I did feel like the writing started to fall apart toward the end of the route a bit when the events started flying at you fast and furious, but it all came together in the end. As weird as the story was, I still liked it a lot. I even left a review on Steam encouraging supporters of otome games to buy the game - it's worth every penny, and if it gets us the remaining episodes, even better!

Did anyone else have any problems with Steam glitching while playing this game, btw? It happened during both routes for me. During Cinderella's route, my computer froze and had a blank screen, and then a tiny portion of my desktop/taskbar came through with the cursor in its "thinking" phase, but after 10 minutes it didn't resolve (and I couldn't ctrl/alt/delete my way out or anything), so I had to power down and reboot - I finished the route without further incident. Tonight, during Red's route, it flashed back to my desktop a few times towards the last 20 minutes of the game (so the very end after the initial big reveals), and while my laptop didn't outright crash, it was pretty annoying. Everything else is running fine on my laptop, so it leads me to think it was probably the game or Steam messing things up. I'm going to test it out further by playing a few other games, but so far an hour of MTaP has yielding no issues (but I couldn't bring myself to play longer than that).

Computer talk if you're wondering if it could possibly be my system causing glitches:
Spoiler:
It could TOTALLY be my computer, but I certainly hope not because this is a brand, spanking-new laptop I bought last week - MSI GS75 Stealth. It wasn't cheap, but it's also the first PC I've bought for myself in about 9 years, my previous actual computer being an old Dell XPS Studio desktop that still runs smooth as butter, believe it or not. I bought a gaming laptop with a ton of horsepower because frighteningly enough, any laptop I customized with the features I would want designed purely for productivity cost NEARLY as much as this one, but only had subpar graphics cards available for them. I figured if I'm going to spend a couple thousand, might as well make the darn thing capable of playing current games without any problems. It's possible that a driver or some background process I haven't sussed out yet could be causing the glitches I experienced playing taisho x alice, but so far none of my digging around has yielded anything, and all of my drivers are up to date, too.

Kikki
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2019 1:37 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I had no issues while playing Taisho x Alice, that I can recall, and my laptop should barely be capable of playing games at all, since it has a pretty good processor but no real graphics card at all...just a lame integrated Intel card. :/ Though I think I had some issues when I tried playing it in full screen...I stopped doing that right away and then it was fine from there on out. But I don't really remember what happened, I just know I tried full screen and changed it back right away.

Gonna pick idly at Warp Shift today, I think. If I get enough sewing done. :mrgreen: (I do really want to try getting NO STARS in an entire world/section and see if it actually allows me to continue to the next that way.) I'm not in a gaming mood but puzzle games don't feel like gaming to me. Which is probably weird since they're kind of the original form of gaming...

ryume
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2019 1:24 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Too bad you can't quite remember what happened in full screen lol. The glitches occurred while I was playing full screen, which is the only way I played because windowed mode, while I could still read it, I could definitely feel myself straining to do so. The text was just a LITTLE too small windowed. I wonder if it's an issue with the software running full screen only.

There's really nothing new on my backlog. I am eyeing Stein;s Gate My Darling's Embrace, though. The idea of that cast being thrust into an otome setting is almost too good to pass up. I have exactly 30 days from today free until school starts up in January, so... hmm...

Kikki
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2019 3:28 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The Steins Darling thing...that's not an otome, is it? It's got all female routes, as far as I can tell, so it must be intended primarily for guys rather than girls. I can never get into gal-games. Nice option for fans of the original game(s) who are into dating sims of either type, though.

This might be more applicable for Kirie's 'game of the year' thread (hopefully she's still doing that this year, too) but the Game Awards are tonight (in two hours from the time of my posting this), if anyone cares. However, it seems like very few games I like are ever nominated for anything. This year I don't have ANY loved games (only one or two 'liked' games, even) nominated for an award. This is the problem with all your tastes in games leaning toward the niche. :/ But I believe they show a lot of game stuff at this thingie, so I'm gonna watch it, even though it's full of games I don't give a hoot about.

MY GotY is never on their list, anyway.

Night Owl
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2019 3:45 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Yeah, I had issues with Taisho x Alice running full screen too. And my laptop isn't under-powered. I can run A Hat in Time with zero issues. Windowed mode, while tiny, was really the only way I can play it. Maybe in future games/releases they can sort of support full-screen mode a bit more because it did freeze my laptop completely to the point of needing to hard restart it.

Speaking of, I'm in the middle of Red's route. I'll finish it up tomorrow probably. I'm also close to completing the GalarDex in Shield (like 380+/400). Once I knock those two off my list, I'll have to give some serious consideration into attempting to knock a long-term RPG off my Backlog before the end of the year. I need to finish at least one. I also wanna finish my Crimson Flower route in Three Houses and then do a Silver Snow run before wrapping around to the Blue Lions again for the 4th DLC pack. But I also have Trails of Cold Steel 2 and Code Vein to finish. Maybe I should finish up CF, play something else, and the go do Silver Snow. Oh right, I should also finish up KH3 before the Re:Mind DLC comes out... Man, so many games and not enough time.

As for The Game Awards... A few friends and I are just gonna roast the proceedings a little bit. We're tuning in for the announcements, not exactly the awards. Fire Emblem: Three Houses didn't get nominated for remotely anything, so sadly I'm not all that hyped for it. The nominees this year are pretty "meh" in my opinion.

ryume
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2019 4:29 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Kikki wrote:
The Steins Darling thing...that's not an otome, is it? It's got all female routes, as far as I can tell, so it must be intended primarily for guys rather than girls. I can never get into gal-games. Nice option for fans of the original game(s) who are into dating sims of either type, though.

Sorry, I meant to type otome-esque, but yes, it's all the gals.

Night Owl, I'm glad it wasn't just me! I was extremely skeptical it was my laptop, but hearing you confirm it also made you freeze up in full screen mode to the point of a hard restart makes me feel a lot better.

Pachi
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2019 5:09 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Steins;Gate is amazing.

Octopath Traveler is finally on sale at the eshop! Bought it at USD36 :)

I've just been alternating between FE3H and Pokemon recently. After I finish my BL play, I'll consider FE3H as finished. I intend to play BE sometime, though I'm not too keen about it but I'm interested on how being in that house plays out. For Pokemon, I think I'm 65%ish complete with the Pokedex? Iirc I'm at 260/400.

I've also decided to drop World's Dawn. I don't really see myself picking it up anymore, what with other games (and tv shows) I'm more interested in in the backlog.

Spoiler:
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Backlog (4 games):
Octopath Traveler
Okami
Rakuen
ANB

Finished (9 games):
SMT IV
SMT IV: Apocalypse
Alicemare
LiEat
1bitHeart
Rune Factory 4
Hustle Cat
VA-11 Hall-A
Pokemon Sword

Kikki
Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 5:44 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

On my first Ring Fit session after a week off, I had to fight Dragaux, and it was extremely leg intensive. I don't like when Ring Fit decides a battle is going to have a specific weakness (leg in this case, meaning you need to use leg exercises to defeat the enemy most effectively) and then stuffs the course leading UP to the enemy with endless squats. It makes it so that the targeted part of the body is already too worn out to do any more leg exercises by the time you get to the battle! Plus in early game you don't have that big of a selection of exercises...I only have 4 blue (leg) exercises available to me, and two of them are squats. With the entire course up to that point already having been squats...

Well, I just feel it was poorly designed in this instance. It'd be okay if I had more options. (The high knee raise is too loud, so I NEVER use it...so I really only have 3 options when leg exercises are required.) Anyway, I do every other day since it works out better, but my legs are surprisingly STILL sore, so I may do a session of mini-games or quick exercises today rather than going into story mode.

I have to finish making the last sun room curtain today and probably install a rod for my mom and put the curtains up. Plus I've got to make some banana bread because the bananas are squishy, clean up (I wish the kitchen, at least, would clean itself) and grab some salt to cover the extremely slippery driveway with. (We had a melt and then a hard freeze a few days ago, as we often do...I hate it when that happens. Makes the entire town a skating rink.) I also know I'm forgetting something. I hope it's nothing important! I guess I have to cook that roast, but I don't think that's what I was forgetting.

That may all knock me out for a few hours (because I'm pathetic and also because my fatigue has jumped up, yay) and then I won't get anything else done, but if I can squeeze it in I want to finish another world in Warp Shift today.

EDIT: Finally figured out how the stars and progression works in Warp Shift. Each world/layer has 15 levels, and 3 stars each, for a total of 45 stars per world. Each world is locked to a certain number of stars. World/Layer 4 needs 100 stars. So even if you got only 10 of 45 stars in Layer 3, if you got 45/45 in the first two, you could still unlock Layer 4. I probably should have figured that out sooner.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 8:02 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Time for an update.

Beaten this year
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
EarthBound - aka Mother 2
Pokémon: Ultra Sun
Ever Oasis
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Yokai Watch
Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story (today I FINALLY beat it. The final boss was one of the hardest I’ve ever faced in all my years in video games.)
Pokémon Sword (but I’m still slowly working on completing my Pokédex)
Luigi’s Mansion 3

Almost finished
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (although I got distracted and now I’m thinking of starting over)
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
Concrete Genie :heart:

Work in progress
Katamari Damacy
Little Dragons Cafe

Backlog
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy VII
Mother 3
To The Moon

Sorta on backlog - these are games that I’ll eventually finish but they’re not top priority.
Cuphead
Spider-Man
Battlefield 1
mario + rabbids kingdom battle
Final Fantasy XV
My Time at Portia
Mother 1
Pokémon: let’s go eevee
Yoshi’s Crafted World
Yokai Watch 2
The LEGO Movie VideoGame

Pre-orders
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Animal Crossing: New Horizon
Rune Factory 4 Special Archival Edition

Games I want
Dragon Quest 1-10 (someday)
Final Fantasy (the ones I don’t own, which isn’t many)
Rune Factory 5
A few Steam games

...this is all I can think of for now but I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting some things.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 10:27 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I beat the Outer Worlds a few days ago. Such a fantastic game! I can't wait for a sequel or DLC if they go that route. If the Switch port is decent, I will absolutely double dip!

I am struggling what to play next, so the Mass Effect Trilogy it is! I sold a bunch of games and am down to a few physical games left, but none are calling to me right now.
Spoiler:
GameCube: Evolution Worlds, Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, Pokemon Colisseum, Super Mario Sunshine
PS3: Eternal Sonata, Modnation Racers, Nier
Wii/Wii U: Zelda: Skyward Sword
Xbox 360/One: Fable, Fallout 3, Rare Replay,
PS4: Nier Automata
GBA: Pkmn Red Rescue Team
Vita: Modnation Racers Roadtrip
DS: Super Mario 64 DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, and Pkmn Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
Switch: FFX, FFXII, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Starlink Battle for Atlas

Not a whole lot left for physical games!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next