Backlog 2019

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I believe Pachi is in that situation, too.
LOL YES. My first run, which I played blind, took me ~110-120hrs. Now that I'm doing my 2nd run, I thought I'd be faster since I now know the know-hows but I've reached halfway and it still took me around 60-70hrs to reach that sweats I don't like skipping dates and I always have the battle animations toggled on (except for paralogues), plus I like seeing the supports and cutscenes in full, as in finishing the voice acting for each dialogue box, which most probably adds some time lol

With that said, I am still trudging along my Blue Lions run :lol: along with completing the Pokedex. I'm at 335/400 :lala:

If I finish my BL run by this week, I plan to get started on Rakuen and complete it before the year ends ^^
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: I'm not the type who, with character interaction and development as an option, would ever go the bare-minimum root just to finish the story, so I imagine I'd be one of those who took quite a lot longer than 30 hours to complete one route. So I'm thinking for me each route might be about 60 hours (probably not the 100+ I know some people are getting). Though I might start speeding through on future routes, as I'd get tired of anything that repeated. (I'm not really a fan of having to replay a game more than once to get proper completion, as the bits I have to replay always become burdensome and irritating to me.)
From what I gathered from my friends who played the other routes, they are definitely different from each other except for the early chapters. I doubt you will get bored from it since they are very different from each other but people did mention that the Church route and Golden Deer route is almost identical plot-wise so plan accordingly.
Kikki wrote:
FE:TH is on the top of my list of games I didn't want enough to buy on release, but am interested in enough to have kept them on my watchlist for eventual purchase in a gap or some kind of windfall. That list currently has:
Spoiler:
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses
-Astral Chain
-AI: The Somnium Files
-Last Remnant
-Code Vein (demo was good, but jeepers, this is one dark, gloomy-looking game, and is based on fighting, it seems.)
-Neo Cab
-Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
-Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Travelers
-Astroneer
I CANNOT shake the desire to have AI: The Somnium Files, even though I know it's too gross for me. Still, every time I see it on even a slight discount, I almost hit 'purchase'. I may have to give in, play the game until I get so grossed out that I get angry, and then I'll finally give up on it, lol. I'm still resisting based on common sense, but...
I forgot to add AI:The Somnium Files. I love the Zero Escape series and this one is interesting. I would probably get it once I finish with either Code Vein or FE Three Houses DLC Wave 4. I am trying to lessen my backlog and I have to keep a mindset to get a new game once I finish one in my backlog. Good luck to me!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hnnng, the hubby got his own copy of Final Fantasy XIV today for Christmas and watching him play it is making me want to get into my own ASAP. I wanted to finish Ni No Kuni II first before getting into anything else, but this is haaaard. Well, one this is for sure, I'm not going to be touching my Switch very much for awhile. While I have a pile of games on there right now (thanks again to Christmas), I just want to play the PS4. That puts most of my backlog in limbo for now anyways, but I am still looking forward to Tokyo Mirage Sessions and whatever the Three Houses DLC ends up being (and Animal Crossing lol), but I think I'll be getting most of my purchases on PS4 this year if available.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Got two new games for Christmas: Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk and Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Meanwhile, I've steadily been making progress in Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. I still have 5 more endings to get, but that shouldn't take too terribly long. However, I'm not jumping into Ashen Hawk right away because Black Butterfly was a very emotional game, and if Hawk is the same then I don't know if I want to deal with that double-whammy. Seriously, Black Butterfly made me cry a few times...

After Black Butterfly, I'll probably switch back to Fire Emblem Three Houses and start up my plans for that. I may or may not end up sticking with it, since it depends on my mood. So if I don't end up sticking with it, then I'll probably mix in another game. Preferably something on a different system. Maybe Zanki Zero... Although I did want to finish at least one PS4 game on the shelf before I rotate things out. I really, really, really need to play Trails of Cold Steel 2 though. I don't know why I keep putting it off! :x
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wanted to buy a gift card for my Switch Library, but my noodle brain bought one for PS4 and not Switch.

At least I bought Astral Chain to keep me busy for now. I just don't have access to my PS4 at the moment so...Im a dumbass. Wanted to play Octopath Traveler, too, but thatll have to wait. On the brightside, Hollow Knight is available on PS4.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, that really sucks, Blue Rose; hope you eventually get something good on PS4 with that card.

~

As of today, I'm going to try doing Ring Fit every day. I had trouble with that pain-accumulation situation when I started that way, but...well, I really do prefer doing this every day. It's easier to remember and get in a proper swing with. If I get radiating pain or increasing joint pain again, I'll stop...but it shouldn't hurt to try it again. :) I'll just go even slower with increasing the difficulty level and hope that works.

~

I'm replaying XCX. Heh. Half way through the plot! This is my 4th play...and I'm finally starting to get bored with the story/quests, as I can now remember them. (This game is so detailed that it takes a handful of replays before you'll start to remember much beyond the overall themes.) THE DIGITAL VERSION RUNS WAY BETTER. It used to kick me off my online connection every half hour, or less...sometimes I got lucky and got an hour or two...but that almost never happens, now. Also, not having the constant scanning, desperately chugging noises from the WiiU reading the disc is really nice.

I also tried Blade Level grinding via the Curator division...for about five minutes. Then I realized it was horribly boring, and I always max my Blade level by chapter 10 or 11 or so (a bit before the end) so it doesn't seem necessary. I just kind of wanted to have my field skills all at 4 so there are very few treasures in the field that I can't open.

I'll move on to something new eventually...
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

There's nothing quite like holiday fat to get me to pick up Ring Fit. :lol: And going to visit my grandma. She's in her 80s, and is far skinnier and far fitter than I am (she does probably 6-8 hours of ballroom dancing a week, and has for years now).

I did World 1...and ran the whole time, and my legs don't hurt yet but they were shaking by the end. :lol: I'll probably regret it but it was really nice to move that fast. Been a while.

I admit being pleasantly surprised with the game. :D

As for uh, regular games...I've started both Yoku's Island Express and Stephen's Sausage Roll...long names. Yoku's is adorable. SO glad I finally picked it up. (Should still be on sale on Switch if anybody is interested. Probably Steam again too...not sure. If the pinball mechanic intrigues you at all, I highly recommend it.)

Sausage Roll is a pretty bog standard puzzle game (move meat around on grills, but don't knock it in the water or cook each half more than once), just...brain hurt difficult. Except for maybe one puzzle I've had to really work to solve every one. I don't think it really counts as 'backlog'...since I don't think I'll be able to beat it. But it's there when I feel up to it. It's not really RELAXING, but it's really satisfying to work at.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I am about halfway done with Mass Effect 3. I'm sure I can finish this before the new year; I've got two more full days off before January 1, 2020. I've also paid off 150K bells for my last debt in Animal Crossing Wild World, so that's about a fourth done.

Once Mass Effect 3 is done, I'll be pacing myself with Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life until Tokyo Mirage Sessions comes out. Probably 2-3 months of the game a day. This is all assuming I finish Mass Effect 3 on New Year's Eve. Once I'm done with both of those dailies, I think I'll go back to playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Haven’t made a whole lot of progress in games other than Pokémon lately. My siblings got Switch Lites and a copy of Pokémon Shield each for Christmas so I’ve spent a lot of time playing with them and working on completing the Pokédex (I’m at around 260 now). I’ve also been playing Tetris 99 for fun but that’s about it. Probably won’t start anything new before the end of winter break but maybe I’ll pick up Bravely Second in the new year.

Hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays and time with friends/family!
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

At the pace I'm going, I'm not finishing FE3H before the year ends so I'm pushing that back and started Rakuen instead. I estimate I'm at 40% of the game and hooo booy I did not expect to cry this early nor this much lmao; I'm still sniffling as I type. It's very heartwarming and the music is absolutely beautiful. Every after subplot, I have to play Pokemon or FE just to relieve the feeling off my chest lol;;;

Also, my Pokedex is at 360/400 yay
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Knocked out the end of Yoku's Island Express tonight...it's very much a Metroidvania with its secret hunting. I'm sitting at 70% completion, but I'm not sure I'll do much more this year...some of the secret hunting is tedious, and I think I need something easy at the moment.

The main quest is adorable though. Obtuse in a couple of spots, but not too hard to figure out. Still 100% recommend...unless you hate pinball.

I think that might be it for me for 2019. :) I'll need to check to see what all I played this year...Either the year was that long or I'm that old. Could go either way.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll ask a mod to close this thread up very soon! :) Backlog 2020, here we come...

And I don't even know what my first game of the year is gonna be. Though...the Atelier Dusk games did pop onto the eshop in the last day or two. Still not sure on that count. I don't love the Atelier gameplay, so ideally I'd only get Escha & Logy, but the more-serious-than-average-for-Atelier overarching story (about 'the dusk', whatever that is...some kind of magical phenomena or something?) starts from Ayesha and I assume doesn't see a resolution until Shallie.

The games are all on 10% off right now, but that's not so impressive since I've seen Atelier games go on pretty good sales. The entire trilogy is $113.39 (weird price!) CAD without a discount, which isn't horrible, and purchased individually the three games would come up to $151.17, so you save 25% if you buy the group. Pretty sure I won't enjoy the games enough to want to play three of them, though. Decisions!.

EDIT: Okay, gang...the Backlog 2020 thread is now on the go. You can keep using this one until it is closed, if you want, but I am now sending a message to a mod to get it shut down so we can move on. :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Closing this year with Pokémon shield. Starting the next year with Pokémon shield. Lol