Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Dec 03, 2020 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ryume
Post Posted: Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

It's awesome you enjoyed it. Curious to know what your favorite characters/parts of the story were. And costumes lol.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 17, 2019 5:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

My favourite costume was one of the ones that came with the Definitive version...I think from the free DLC packets. It was the 'True Knight' costume (I think you get it in the game from either battling, or secret missions, but I'm not sure...I definitely got it free at the beginning). I LOVED that on Yuri, but then, men with long hair in high ponytails, especially dark hair...yikes. Can't resist it. Plus it made him look all big-eyed and sharper featured. And the costume balanced his proportions in a way that his regular outfit really didn't. And it was classy. I also added the 'hairpins' attachment. I think. The one that is a bunch of sword-shaped hair-sticks, which go through his ponytail nicely. I never let him not wear that outfit, lol. But I didn't earn any actual in-game costumes, I don't think. Lots of titles, but none of the titles ever came with costumes, so I'm sure there are a bunch of costumes I haven't seen yet.

I really like Yuri, for a few reasons, though the first is probably that in any game I end up liking or loving, I ALWAYS like the main character. (If I don't like the main character, it's almost guaranteed that I won't like the game.) I like his weird personality. Super intense about doing what he needs to do, and yet, super laid back and go-with-the-flow. Also world weary and sarcastic, but supportive...but without being affectionate. An odd guy, really. Other answers here are actual spoilers, btw, not just cut for length.

I think Patty is just plain adorable. Though I'm not buying the whole
Spoiler:
Aifread thing. Not that I don't believe it...they outright said that's how it is! But either I missed some of the story, or they haven't made it very believable. She looks about seven. Which means she's probably twelve. We're expected to believe that a 12-year-old girl was the captain of a pirate ship and had a grown man so loyal as her first mate? And an entire adult crew at her bidding? WHY/HOW? I kept thinking they'd say she was reincarnated, but from what I saw, they're just straight-up saying that Patty herself is Aifread. I just can't buy it, it's too unbelievable. They never filled in her motivations, either. What kind of bizarre thing could have happened to turn a little girl into a pirate? They never give any detail on anything like that and it frustrated me and made me feel like her character was too full of holes, even though she's really cool.
That said, she's just so cute, and I do like her...she's childish in some ways and very mature in others, but not in a way that jarred me or felt weird, but rather that made me really like her.

I also quite like (semi-secretive character details...genuine spoiler!)
Spoiler:
Duke. But that's kind of a given, isn't it? His voice is very similar to Gaius', and he's that staple character that I always love, also bearing a lot of similarity to Gaius in ways. He's like Yuri as well...the kind of guy who knows what needs to be done and does it, prepared for everyone to hate him. Though of course, since he's the 'bad guy', he doesn't really consider that what he's doing may be wrong...he's lacks the self doubt that story heroes usually have, making him a clear antihero (I loves me a good antihero!) which is less like Yuri, who knows full well that what he does is wrong, and yet, must be done because the 'right' way is, in reality, even less just than the 'wrong' way. That awareness of their own wrongness, or at least the possibility of it, is often what makes the difference between 'good guy' and 'bad guy', imo.

And to my surprise, I didn't actually dislike
Spoiler:
Yeager. By his end I kind of liked him. Seemed kind of fatalistic, which is something I can get into. Plus they left him rather mysterious/unexplained, and that that makes me want to know more, which makes me like him more.

EDIT: I got another 1,000 Grade this evening in an hour! Not bad. Turns out it's way faster to grind out those points if it is both daytime and not raining...the monsters appear more quickly on the field, and none of them are the more difficult ones, then. And I turned the voices down until I basically couldn't hear them any more, kept the music low but audible, and it made the repetitive task almost...meditative. I found myself getting sleepy as I played, lol.

Genie9
Post Posted: Jan 17, 2019 11:38 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Spoiler:
I just got to the second arc of the game. I think this might have been where my friend took back his 360 because I don't remember much of what is going on.

I do have to say, after some practicing, I feel like I am getting much better with the combat system, and can do some pretty interesting combos. I mostly can only play as Yuri right now, but I love Judith's play style, and hope to use her more.

The only characters I have not changed out of a costume is Yuri and Raven. The rest got switched to the DLC costumes immediately.

ryume
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:31 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Nice, Kikki! If you end up doing a second playthrough, there are even MORE pony tail costumes for Yuri to be had.

My personal favorite costume set for everyone is the school uniform set. But for Yuri, it's probably True Knight, Raven is Shining Star, and the rest I actually prefer their defaults. Oh, and Patty is adorable in pretty much anything.

Character-wise, Yuri is my favorite. When I played the original release on the 360, I remember thinking wow, I've never heard a voice actor matched so perfectly to a character before. Now everyone is well-acquainted with Troy Baker, but Yuri will always be my favorite role of his. I enjoy Raven as well, as campy/as much of a ham he can be.

My favorite part of the game has always been

Spoiler:
Yormgen. It's definitely one of the prettiest locales. And the story for it is bittersweet.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:54 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yep, that's the place I think I mentioned before (not my previous post...before that, so lost in the mass somewhere, now) that I would most like to visit IRL. I really want to walk around in that place! So, so pretty, with that tunnel of golden chain flowers hanging down... (Though I also love the Crystallands.)

Raven grossed me out slightly during the end battle chatter once, when Estelle shouts, "Our weapons are love!" and Yuri says, "Justice!" and Raven says, in a very creepy Barry-White-esque voice, "Sexuality." I had a little shudder, lol.

I can easily grind for an hour in the evenings and it's not that tedious actually, if I don't try to do more than that. I'll have a satisfactory amount in three or four days. :) Though I'm really disappointed that there's no way to carry your level over. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to get to level 200 in one playthrough.

Genie9
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2019 10:27 am 

Spoiler:
I finally got to Yormgen, and it is beautiful. You can tell that it is so peaceful because the empire has no stake in the city whatsoever, and it makes even more magical.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2019 10:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It is great, isn't it? It's apparently both my and ryume's favourite location, too. :)

ryume
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2019 3:30 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I noticed somewhere on here Kikki, that you said Vesperia and Berseria are connected. Did I miss something? I was pretty sure Berseria was sort of a prequel to Zesteria, but Vesperia isn't related to any other flagship title. Of course, I could always be wrong.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No? I don't think they're connected at all. I did mention that I saw a lot of parallels between Xillia and Vesperia, though no apparent actual connection between the worlds. I think the only thing I said about Berseria in this thread was that I never checked to see if you get any grade on Easy. :)

ryume
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2019 3:34 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

My bad, not sure where I saw what made me think that then lol.

I am about halfway through the game right now. The Sands of Kogorh were super annoying, as usual. The secret mission on the boss in that area took me 25 minutes to achieve. I'm patiently awaiting Flynn joining for realz lol.

Genie9
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2019 6:06 pm 

Gonna tagt this as spoilers cause it happens after the Sands of Kogorh.

Spoiler:
I'm at the point where Yuri "kills" Cumore (the man fell on his own, not our fault), and at this point, I really want the cast to play a spirited game of 'Never Have I Ever.' Let's all go around and share what we have done, Yuri has killed people, Judith destroys Blastia, Raven is a pervert, Karol eats all of gels, Rita is actually nice, Repede sips on the T, and Estelle contemplates leaving the group 75% of the time. Would make for a great segment.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 20, 2019 12:21 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, I had 6 Fell Arms and decided I might as well get the last 2. Gotta say, even though at level 90+ it's not a difficult place, that Nostalgia Necropolis or whatever it was called...no fun! I decided I didn't really care to finish it, it's too monotonous. But I managed to grab the last two Arms, so there's that :) If you develop those babies to their maximum, not being able to carry level over barely matters. :shock:

ryume
Post Posted: Jan 20, 2019 2:00 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Fell Arms minor spoiler:

Spoiler:
I've never gotten them in my previous playthroughsvbecause I heard it gives the final boss a third form that's level 80 and insanely difficult. But now I'm curious lol.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jan 20, 2019 2:54 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ok, so, I can't get over Raven's run cycle. I'm usually running around as Repede or Patty, but I switched to Raven by accident and LOL. So full of pep.

I've just started the 3rd arc of the game and I think i'll just ignore sidequests for now. Maybe on a second playthrough.

P.S. - Repede's swimming animation is super cute.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 20, 2019 3:17 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

ryume wrote:
Fell Arms minor spoiler:

Spoiler:
I've never gotten them in my previous playthroughsvbecause I heard it gives the final boss a third form that's level 80 and insanely difficult. But now I'm curious lol.

I finished it! UUUUGH that boss is absurd.
Spoiler:
Yuri was level 95 and he still got killed so many times, lol. ON EASY. He warps everywhere, he spams an all-kill mystic arte...not good. But it's done. :)

Four of the arms were really easy to get (as long as you have the right ring) and the other four were a huge pain in the keister for all the dungeon crawling you've got to do to get to them.

I haven't checked exactly how many skills Yuri can learn, but where I am now he's learned 92 skills, and the rest of the party should be similar. As long as I have enough grade to carry all the good stuff over, I'm in a position to steamroller a NG+. Which is the way I like it :) (EDIT: tried counting them and it looks like Yuri has over 120 possible skills, so the rest are probably about the same. So many skills! I have to try to track down the weapons whose skills I don't have, yet.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next