What's your favorite Ace Attorney title?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
fuulatatata
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever played Ace Attorney! If so, which is your favorite game out of all 6 installments + the spinoffs?

This is obviously a really hard question for me to answer, I'd say Trials and Tribulations for nostalgia probably, but the trilogy was absolute gold. The dialogue between so many of the characters and Miles Edgeworth was what made me really interested in the series ("I am now saddled with unnecessary feelings", anyone :lol: ?). I haven't replayed the games in a long while but I can still remember so many of the conversations and recurring jokes in the games. Investigations was also a really good spin-off and I enjoyed it a lot, I felt especially spoiled with there being so much of Gumshoe's silliness. Shi-Lang and..
Spoiler:
Calisto Yew were even greater additions to AAI too!
I've been into Ace Attorney since the holy trinity of DSi mystery-solving games were popular during that era (Ahem ahem, 999, Professor Layton and Ace Attorney) they still are popular. but the fanbases now are either dead or just have really unpromising sequels. Ace Attorney currently is somewhere in the middle, but I found AA5 and 6 to be really tacky for my own tastes. There's also no news on a new sequel, except only with the 2nd or 3rd season of the anime still running.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My favourite Ace Attorney is 4. (Apollo Justice) I really liked dealing with the Gavin brothers so the connecting theme of that game is my favourite, though Phoenix's situation stung, in that game. (I also thought Nick looked adorable in that hat, lol.)

For individual cases, I liked Ace Attorney 3 the best (Trials and Tribulations). Though I also really liked some of the characters from Turnabout Big Top from AA2. Honestly, I've loved every Ace Attorney game, including 5 and 6.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Apollo Justice is also my favourite, and i'm not 100% sure why. I just enjoyed it the most out of all the entries. However, I will also say that the spinoff/crossover with Profesor Layton was a super fun ride as well. Both of those sort of evoke fond memories (nostalgia?) while the others I just remember playing for the sake of the story and it's continuation.

I wish there was a way to get those prequels localized. I wanna run around with Sherlock and fight crime! >:/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I'm very discontent about the Dai Gyakuten Saiban games. I want to play them! I still don't understand why they wouldn't bring them over. I think it was initially because they're extremely Japanese...so much so that the localizers couldn't possibly convert it all to something happening in some alternate-universe Los Angeles, like they have with the other games. But could that possibly matter, these days? How many people could be left that don't know that these games are made in Japan?
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

+1 for Apollo Justice. I loved everyone (Trucy, Klavier, and Ema especially) and enjoyed the cases. It was refreshing to have a nice prosecutor, lol. AJ's bracelet was somewhat a pain to figure out sometimes though.

I liked Nick's bum look as well :lol:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Klavier and Ema make for absolutely awesome fan fiction scenarios. Really hilarious.

Ugh, now I want to replay them all. Well, the Switch 1-3 compilation is coming out for Switch sometime 'early 2019'. Though I already have the 1-3 compilation on 3DS, so not sure yet if I should bother to wait since I don't even know if I'm going to buy it yet, or not.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Trials and Tribulations for the last case alone. lol If I HAD ti choose one anyway. I do it by cases usually. Franziska is my favorite prosecutor, even though the other prosecutors follow logic better than her. lol I like Apollo Justice inspite of the flack it gets just because of case 3's existence.

However, Investigations 2 has the best story by a long shot if you ask me.
fuulatatata
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ohh, I totally don't see why everyones favorite is AJ. I just started the game 2 weeks ago and I'm having a blast, I'm angry at myself for missing out on such a cool game. I liked how Takumi handled Apollo though in this game in comparison to the new writing team. In fact, 4 just might turn out to be my favorite too! (I'm on episode 3 currently)

@Celestrian OHHH MAN, THE LAST CASE! that's the case where I bawled so hard that i couldn't see the screen through my teary eyes. Franziska is also my favorite prosecutor, but my heart will always belong to Edgeworth LOOL!

AAI2 should really be localized by now. What da heck, Capcom, pull your « Puppy Doodoo » together and localize AAI2 and DGS >:(!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

AA4: Apollo Justice gets flack? Huh. Not in this thread, it seems...it appears to be the majority favourite. :) I find a lot of stories really deepen, there, and the characters introduced are really interesting. I was upset about the development with Nick, but it's still my favourite.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Back in the day when it was still new / the newest entry, a lot of people hated Apollo because he wasn't Phoenix, hated Phoenix's drastic character change, and various other things ('difficult' puzzles and 'problematic' cases).

As time has gone on, people have mellowed the heck out towards it. I don't see as much hate for it as I used to, especially with how important Apollo has become in the story, but it's still kinda the 'black sheep' of the series.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Gonna be super basic and say Trials and Tribulations. I like how it brings together the previous two games and gives us more backstory on Mia, Kurain, etc.
Bluie wrote:Back in the day when it was still new / the newest entry, a lot of people hated Apollo because he wasn't Phoenix, hated Phoenix's drastic character change, and various other things ('difficult' puzzles and 'problematic' cases).
Mmm I feel like a lot of the issue for people was the previous two, but I've never heard people complain about the cases being problematic! Do you know what made them say that?

Personally, I really enjoyed AJ, but I do think having Phoenix still so heavily in the picture kind of brought it down or at least stretched it a little too thin. There's a reason there's a meme about Apollo not even being the main character in his own game.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Case 3 and the final case usually have the most grievances. Here's a decent post that kinda sums it up:

And with the final case, a lot consider it
Spoiler:
anticlimactic
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Case 3 and the final case usually have the most grievances. Here's a decent post that kinda sums it up:

And with the final case, a lot consider it
Spoiler:
anticlimactic
Thanks for the link! It's been awhile since I last played, so I completely forgot about some things mentioned in that thread. I can also understand the confusion surrounding 4-4 because I felt the same way going through it lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So it seems like the majority who don't like it, don't like it because they either really like Apollo and feel he didn't get proper billing in a game where he was the titular character, or they don't like it because they hate Apollo and didn't want him to get ANY billing when it should have been Phoenix leading the cases.

That doesn't seem unreasonable. I'm indifferent to Apollo, and Nick was still important in that game (though Apollo did get a lot more screen time in AA4), so I didn't have any reason to hate the game, so all the reasons I love it for didn't get overshadowed. :)