* Search  * Register
It is currently Dec 03, 2020 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Bluie
  Post subject: Re:Legend - Alpha out now
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2019 12:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

For those who backed the high enough tier, you should be receiving your Alpha code for Re: Legend today. For those of us just interested in the game, i've happened upon a few videos playing through the alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJlMqMLzjRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHn7aTtvOjM

If any of us happen to have gotten an alpha code, please don't shy away from giving your opinions. I thought it'd be nice to discuss the upcoming game here rather than be stuck in the farming game masterpost.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2019 1:17 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Edit: First impressions -

Character Customization - there is about 5 different options for eyes, clothes, and hair to start with. You can change your skin color as well but there is more options there.

Controls: standard mouse controls or a,s,d,w for movement. i = inventory, m = map, f = interact
Mouse controls lag a bit. It’s not unbearable but definitely noticeable.

Text: the text is pretty slow. You can click a button to make it all appear but you have to be careful otherwise it’ll move on to the next text. Also occasionally when a character talks a lot, the text will shift and get slightly smaller to fit more words...Text is relatively large so that’s nice; you don’t have to squint or anything lol.

Graphics: Opening scene was laggy. Not sure if it’s my computer or the game itself but I’m able to play other games without issues so I’m assuming it’s the game. Beautiful graphics otherwise and the characters are adorable. The first few seconds of the opening after you create your character is a bit...confusing. I won’t spoil it but it’s an odd opener imo.
One character says fishing related puns so be prepared for that XD

Positives: Cute characters, decent customization, easy controls. Didn’t get to listen too much of the music but from the 5 seconds I heard, it sounds very nice lol. An instruction menu pops up when you’re trying something new and it’s easy to understand and remember.

Neutral/undecided: opening scene. when you’re in your house you ‘float’ above the ground and it’s like you’re walking on water because you leave water ripples behind you. I find it odd but kinda nice at the same time lol.

Annoyances: lagging. It’s not make or break for me but it is a little annoying. Another very minor thing, when it was giving me instructions on how to fight, the magnus cane over and started beating me up before I had the chance to read everything. I has to quickly close the instruction menu to fight before I could get to the second page (out of three pages). Luckily the controls are easy and the first introduction page was enough to go by. Still would’ve been nice to be able to read everything.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 17, 2019 6:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The alpha is very limited, right? Most characters and regions and monsters and customization options are not available, yet...no?

I wonder what the timeline is for this game. They seem to be intending that the backer's alpha not last all that long before the backer's beta comes into play...I remember their kickstarter update saying the alpha was only to last until March 9th. But if there isn't that much content yet, then that may be able time to test out the basics.

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2019 3:33 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The only way to get Alpha codes is you either got them from being a higher tier backer, or you can win them from participating in several activities on their Discord - mainly fanart contests.

The Discord invite is right here: https://discordapp.com/invite/22hJdz

They give updates on glitch fixes and other additions as well on the Discord for those who are interested.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2019 11:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

From the first ten minutes of that first video, I can't wait for the full game to come out. I do hope they were able to implement same-sex relationships. I know they said they would love to, but there might be difficulties where they are. If not, I'll just have my single-player file be female and my multiplayer file with my boyfriend be male.