The next Nintendo Direct (EDIT: Nintendo Direct Feb 13th!)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, we don't know when it's gonna be. It's already been the longest we've ever gone between NDs so far, and we've got a fairly believable rumour that we're getting one on Feb 13th. It's gonna happen sooner or later, so each day has a higher probability, the way I see it. I've seen supposed 'leaks' of things coming out and possible announcements, but I won't put any here, as some people really hate game leaks. (I don't mind them, myself...it's just getting the news a few days earlier, imo, and that only if it turns out to be true, which these rumour and leaks often are not.)

Anyone expecting anything in particular? Enough to make a prediction...or just something you're hoping to see? Even if it doesn't happen on the 13th, one IS coming...eventually.

I'm gonna be away from home on the 13th, probably driving though a very bad winter storm all the way to the city, normally a two hour drive which may turn into a four hour drive...so I honestly don't know if, even if the ND DOES happen on the 13th, I'll get to see it. But I guess I can watch a replay later :)

I personally just want to see something on Animal Crossing, even just a title and a hopefully a release window, and anything else will be a bonus. (An XCX port is still a dream, I think.) I'm pretty sure the next Fire Emblem is a big demand item, and Metroid...but beyond that, do we even have many Nintendo first-party games left to come out for the Switch?

I'd love to see Bokumono, of course, but Bokumono has never been in an ND that I know of...they've always seemed to spread news of their games more via gaming magazines like Famitsu...so I think it unlikely. Plus it'd have to be well on in development to get in, I think, since Nintendo has that policy of not showing anything too far into the future.

EDIT: So we got our direct! Here are the games that were discussed in the Direct on February 13th, 2019, as posted by Nintendo on Twitter:

Mario Maker 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
New BoxBoy game
Smash Bros update 3.0 (this spring) and also some Smash Bros amiibos
Multiplayer update (free) for Toad: Treasure Tracker (some today, rest March 14th)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (July 12th)
Dragon Quest XI S (this fall)
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival (2019)
Starlink: Battle for Atlas (update? April)
Rune Factory 4 Special (remastered for switch) later this year
Rune Factory 5 in development
Oninaki (summer 2019)
Yoshi's Crafted World (March 29th, demo available today)
Fire Emblem Three Houses(July 26th)
Tetris 99 (online experience highlighted)
Dead By Daylight (survival game...or you can be the murderer)
Deltarune (Feb 28th)
Daemon X Machina (demo releasing today...game still in development)
Grid Autosport (realistic racing game, summer 2019)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (this spring)
Mortal Kombat 11 (April 23)
Assassin's Creed III remastered (May 21)
Final Fantasy 7 (March 26)
Final Fantasy 9 (today)
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon (March 20)
Astral Chain August 30th.
Bayonetta 3 (just a mention, no info)
Link's Awakening remade for Switch, coming in 2019

I'm really sorry if I missed anything but it went by so fast I didn't even get to watch, I could only listen and type! Sometimes Nintendo didn't put up a link so then I used Gematsu, when possible. My fingers hurt now! Lol. (Not all games had links by either Nintendo or Gematsu by the time the Direct finished, and so some are not linked...)
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 14, 2019 3:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really just want Fire Emblem Three Houses news. Give me a new trailer, give me an actual release date. Fire Emblem is (one of) my favourite game series, one of the few I play though at least 3-5 times before setting it down. I am CRAVING this game SO HARD, and 'Spring 2019' is coming, Nintendo. Where is it. WHERE.

I also lowkey want Animal Crossing as well. I put over 300 hours into New Leaf and i'm more than willing to do it again. A trailer would be ideal, but who knows?

I'd also like dates for Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered and World End Syndrome. I expect the date for VA-11 HALL-A to just pop up on the internet or maybe in a future nindie direct.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm kind of hoping for a good sizzle reel at the end (or the beginning, or wherever) of the next Direct. I know they only show flashes, but they pack so many peeks at new games in just a minute...ANYTHING could show up there, imo, even games that normally don't get featured in NDs, or games that aren't very far into development, yet. Like Bokumono, for example...it's never been in an ND that I know of, but I could imagine it making an appearance in a sizzle reel. :)

I can't think of anything else I want enough to pine for it. :) I just want something on AC. I'd settle for quite little, really. Maybe they'll confirm or refute the 'leaked' release date. (Though that could just have been an error or a placeholder date. Though these types of retailer slip-ups do seem to increase right before a direct, so maybe it's a good sign that we really will be getting one.) I'd like to know if the title they had on that shop listing was the real one or not. I hope not, because 'Welcome to Animal Crossing' is a really lame name.

One of the rumours I've heard is an announcement of a couple more Wii U to Switch ports. The only one I've ever really wanted is Xenoblade Chronicles X, but they've yet to give us any indication that that is likely, other than Monosoft saying they'd like it. That game desperately needed a few QoL improvements, though otherwise it was just so good. Best exploration game ever for me...even better that BotW, though rather different from it as well, so kind of hard to make a direct comparison.

You're not super into the next mainline Pokemon game, Bluie? I can't keep track of who the major Pokemon fans are around here. I've been waiting to try my first Pokemon ever but can't settle on which to go for...maybe the next one. :) Though...I think I heard that GameFreak does their own thing rather than showcasing Pokemon via Nintendo Direct. Dunno if that's true or not.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just waiting on Fire Emblem news tbh.

Altho while may be not in a Nintendo Direct specifically, i feel like I've seen an SoS/Bokumono footage feature in some kind of Nintendo video, along with few other games.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Crossing my fingers for any news on Bravely 3 or Bokumono. Even just a small update/announcement that they are working on something.

Not too crazy about it rn but FE, Pokemon, and AC news would be great too. Let's see if they're enough to make me buy a Switch :lol:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nintendo Direct confirmed:
And even if I go to the city, I MIGHT be home by then. Happy! (Even if I don't get to see it while it's on I'm still happy...) AND they're guaranteeing y'all your Fire Emblem...yay, right? :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

And I AM into the next pokemon game, I am, but Fire Emblem (and Animal Crossing) are top priority. I'm not worried about pokemon at all. The silence on FE has had me mildly concerned. BUT IT SEEMS THAT'S OVER WITH TOMORROW.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

OH BOY, saw that pop up on Twitter a bit ago. (And now I'm anxious. :lol:) « Harvest Goddess » love them, Nintendo as a business makes me nervous. I'm sure they have reasons for doing what they do...doesn't mean I have to like it.

Now to not think about the direct for a good 24h... Then I'll start sending good thoughts. It's still early, the year still has potential.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oooohhh~

I don't even have my switch yet—gonna wait until another sale. But! I am looking forward to hearing more about Fire Emblem, Story of Seasons, and a tiny little bit of Animal Crossing.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Soooo damn excited about seeing some more stuff on FE:TH! I'm seeing a lot of insiders say this is gonna be a "big" direct, so I'm curious what else they are gonna show. But regardless, FE is what I mainly wanted so I'll be happy either way.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anyone still hanging on for Wii U ports of any kind? I've just got my hankering for XCX and otherwise I don't think there's any Wii U games I care about getting ported. (I just reeeeeeeeally don't want that game to remain stuck forever on Wii U alone...it's so good! And so few people ever even owned a Wii U.) Though...it'd be great if they did Skyward Sword. WITHOUT motion controls. That would give that game a whole new life. (Though honestly I did okay with the motion controls anyway, but it did make some battles way harder than was nice.) But they seemed very pleased with their motion controls so I kinda doubt they're ever gonna do away with them for SS.

I think people will get really excited if they see Bayonetta, though I don't care about it. I do like Nintendo to reveal big stuff though, even if it's not stuff I'm into. I'd love to see some promising, totally new stuff. And I never mentioned this one because it's ridiculous to be hoping for it at this point, but...something by Monolith Software. Xenoblade for preference, whether an XC3 or an XCX2, but I'm interested in that other one they were working on, too...I'd love to see it. I don't know what the probability of seeing anything by Monosoft is, but it's probably low, so it'll just be a great surprise if it does happen.

Oh hey, Digimon Survive might be nice to see a little more of. And I wonder if they'd show something like My Time At Portia, even in just a sizzle reel or something. I already know all about that game so I don't care on that level, but it'd be nice to see a few more niche titles in a big presentation like the Nintendo Direct rather than relegating it all to the Nindies.

I'd also love to see a Mineko's Night Market release date revealed. And, um...Dragon Quest Builders 2. (This has the honor of being the only game my sister has ever PINED for. Welcome to my world, sister...) But I'm not holding my breath. The only one I won't be able to help but be sad if they don't show anything is Animal Crossing. Gotta admit, I'm genuinely expecting them to mention it in there somewhere. SOMETHING, Nintendo, please! A title, a release window (doesn't even have to be a specific date, just a confirmed release window), a title screen...a tiny clip, a few screenshots...aaaaaanything.

Well, I think that was all my stuff that's Nintendo-related, since I don't want them to waste time on already-confirmed, soon to be released stuff like Caligula:Overdose or anything like that.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Come on Animal crossing
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If we're still hoping on WiiU ports, i'll take Tokyo Mirage Sessions, thaaaanks.
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yaaay, Fire Emblem news! That's definitely what has been at the top of my wishlist, so I'm glad they've confirmed we're getting an update on it! :) <3
I pop by the Serenes Forest forums sometimes, but everyone there is incredibly negative, so I'm glad that there are people on these forums who like FE too. ^^ I'm mostly hoping for some story details to be cleared up, a bit of gameplay footage to be shown, and a definitive release date. I could go on forever about FE, but I know this thread isn't for that, so I'll just leave it at that haha~

Aside from FE, I would really like to see Animal Crossing news, though I'm a bit skeptical on that front for some reason. However, I just generally seem to have a skeptic track record with Animal Crossing, as I had my doubts that we were EVER going to get another installment before the announcement last year. Because of that, I'm just not gonna trust my gut when it comes to AC, lol~
I would love to know a title and release window, as well as to learn what the 'storyline' is going to be? I wonder if they'll repeat the Mayor thing, or come up with another way to allow you to do Public Works projects and Ordinances without reusing that idea.
One thing I am super excited for in general is new items and clothes. We've had so many wonderful and unique items in Pocket Camp and Happy Home Designer, so I'm hoping that all - or at least most - of those carry over to the new game. Maybe I can get all those Leaf Ticket items I can't afford in Pocket Camp on the switch, haha. :'D

Aside from FE and AC, I really don't have much else I'm looking forward to!
Pokemon news would be awesome, of course, but as previously mentioned, that's usually saved for a big Pokemon-centric Presentation I believe. :0 Too big for our little directs, maybe, haha.
However, an update on the Crystal Chronicles port would be really neat, like Bluie mentioned. :) DQ : Builders 2 news would also be welcome!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I honestly think that they're going to feature Animal Crossing at E3 this year, so I actually don't think it's going to get a major spot in this Direct. (Not that it couldn't!) I just hope they tell us SOMEthing. Anything would be enough to keep me from feeling disappointed. I'm not expecting details about how the town will run or anything, as I think we'll get that either in a dedicated direct or at E3, but I'd love a title and a release window (or actual date). And even a ten to thirty second video clip! I'm really not asking for the world, I don't think. I normally don't pin any hopes on NDs, but I really do want them to tell us something, even if it were just to 'wait until E3!' or 'look forward to our next Direct when we'll tell you all about Animal Crossing!'

I just want to hear something definite, even if that definite thing is only a referral to information coming at a later date. Well...it's all speculation right now, but...on this count, I dare to hope. (Though the rest of my wishlist is basically a big pipe dream and I don't expect to see any of them, I'd just LIKE to. Let's throw a look at RF5 in there too, while we're being unrealistic!)

It's less than 24 hours away, now, so let's see what we get! :)