Any recommendations?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kuromei
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I'm looking to get back into some kind of farming groove, but I also want to branch out away from Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd prefer games on 3DS or PS Vita, but I guess games from Steam would be ok.

EDIT: Hhhhhnnnn... The more I watch of My Time at Portia on Youtube, the more I want it. But I still don't want to game on a PC/laptop, so I need to wait for the Switch version to release. >_<;

EDIT 2: I've done it. I've made up my mind. I got both Fantasy Life AND Return to Popolocrois. They were both "used", so I could get them both shipped to my house for a little less than a new 3DS game. :p Thanks for all the recommendations, everyone! :)
Last edited by Kuromei on Feb 16, 2019 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kuromei wrote:I'm looking to get back into some kind of farming groove, but I also want to branch out away from Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd prefer games on 3DS or PS Vita, but I guess games from Steam would be ok.
Umm... Well let's see now... Do you like RPGs? ^_^ How about a PSN Classic? ^_^ :3
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We have a HUGE list of potential games for you, actually, though basically nothing for 3DS or Vita. Check out the Masterpost of Farming Simulation Games (that aren't HM/SoS/RF). :)

Personally, of the most promising games, I'd suggest My Time at Portia, right now. It has farming, but the actual focus of the game is building (your character isn't specifically a farmer...they're more of an inventor/carpenter, trying to develop the best studio around...you take building jobs and make things like bridges and machines) But it has the relationship system with dating and marriage, it does have *some* farming, and it's also got fishing and a mining system that is more like spelunking since you have to go into caves to discover ores and relics and things.

MTaP is already available on Steam, and will also be available on Switch, PS4 and Xbox this spring, so unless you have a Switch, it's not really a handheld game. They are also still going to be adding one more update since the bachelors needed a few more things added...mainly some more dialogue (which I think will also increase the back story some of them have.) That should be done by this spring, as far as I know, since I think they're intending to have that update done by/before the console versions come out, but I can't guarantee that.

I don't think you'll find any other farming games for 3DS or Vita. I can't think of a single one, other than Bokumono, Stardew Valley and Rune Factory. The big farming-game boom happened after the massive success of Stardew Valley and 3DS and Vita were already retiring systems by then, so they just missed most of the trend.

Of games that are not actually farming games but seem to have a lot of cross-over in fans, and ARE on 3DS, there's Fantasy Life. It's a lot of fun, with 12 different 'lives' (careers) you can master. You also forage and cut trees and mine for resources. Return to Popolocrois does have some farming in it, it is a thing you can spend time doing if you want, but it's not a farming game either. And Ever Oasis might be something you'd like...it's not farming either, unfortunately, but you do attract villagers to your little oasis in the desert and encourage them to grow their little bloom booths. There is a little area where you can grow seeds but it's very bare-bones farming. Oh...and Animal Crossing, of course. Also extremely minimal dealing with plants and not really about farming at all.

I'm afraid there really aren't any other farming games I know of to be played on 3DS/Vita. Just Stardew Valley. Sorry about that part.
Kuromei
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

venus14! wrote: Umm... Well let's see now... Do you like RPGs? ^_^ How about a PSN Classic? ^_^ :3

As long as it's not a strategy RPG like Fire Emblem, I love 'em! :) SRPGs are too... chess-like for my blood pressure to handle. :( Tales of the Abyss and Dragon Quest 8 are faves of mine. <3

Thank you, Kikki, for all the info! I've seen My Time at Portia on Youtube, but I'd have to make a Steam account and borrow someone else's laptop to play so... That's why I'm trying to stick to 3DS and Vita and Switch (though I forgot to mention that one. :P) If MTaP comes out for Switch before June, that might be a good birthday present. :)

Until then, though, I'd like something to occupy my time with when my brother is hogging the PS4 for Overwatch and Monster Hunter, or the Switch for Splatoon 2. :P

I have beaten Ever Oasis (so cute!) and spent quite a few in-game years as Mayor in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'd delete my town and start over, but it took me all those years to build my Blue Rose collection, and I'm not giving it up fer nuthin'! lol XD But I'll have to look into Fantasy Life and Return to Popolocrois. And check out that master list.

Thanks, again! :)
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kuromei wrote:
venus14! wrote: Umm... Well let's see now... Do you like RPGs? ^_^ How about a PSN Classic? ^_^ :3

As long as it's not a strategy RPG like Fire Emblem, I love 'em! :) SRPGs are too... chess-like for my blood pressure to handle. :( Tales of the Abyss and Dragon Quest 8 are faves of mine. <3

Thank you, Kikki, for all the info! I've seen My Time at Portia on Youtube, but I'd have to make a Steam account and borrow someone else's laptop to play so... That's why I'm trying to stick to 3DS and Vita and Switch (though I forgot to mention that one. :P) If MTaP comes out for Switch before June, that might be a good birthday present. :)

Until then, though, I'd like something to occupy my time with when my brother is hogging the PS4 for Overwatch and Monster Hunter, or the Switch for Splatoon 2. :P

I have beaten Ever Oasis (so cute!) and spent quite a few in-game years as Mayor in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'd delete my town and start over, but it took me all those years to build my Blue Rose collection, and I'm not giving it up fer nuthin'! lol XD But I'll have to look into Fantasy Life and Return to Popolocrois. And check out that master list.

Thanks, again! :)
Well then how about this one then? ^_^ : https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... 0000000001

Tis one of my Favorites... :) It was the Second RPG i ever played and it is one of the ones that made me Fall in Love with the Genre... ^_^ It has a Fairy Village that is a lot of Fun to build too! ^_^ :3
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you have any friends who play AC, you could give them all your blue roses temporarily and then have them give them back once you start your new town. Or you could get a second copy of the game and just start a new town there. :)

If you liked Ever Oasis and all, I'm pretty sure you'd really like Fantasy Life. (Not sure on Popolocrois...that one is a little more hit-or-miss with Bokumono fans.) It's not quite as cute as Ever Oasis (which was teeth-grindingly adorable) but it's smooth and colourful and mastering every level of all those lives was fun. I particularly liked how many types of tree there were to get all those different lumbers from, lol. I wish there were sky trees and starry trees irl. :) I particularly like the water logs. Imagine bright blue lumber!

EDIT: Potentially you might also quite like Dragon Quest Builders on Switch. Like Minecraft, but way better. (I'm biased, as I don't actually like Minecraft.) Much nicer to look at and story-based to boot. There's very minimal farming, but building your own town(s) and recruiting villagers and so on is a lot of fun :)

That game sounds interesting, venus14 :)
Kuromei
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

@venus14!: Oh! :O I've heard of Breath of Fire IV, but just never thought about getting it, between all the other games my brother and I prioritized. Thanks! :)

@Kikki: I've played DQ Builders and got a ways into it before stopping. I watched my brother beat it, so that kind of spoiled the story for me. I lost all motivation to play, after that. :oops: Sandbox games are okay, but don't really do it for me.

But "water logs"? *gigglesnort* Fantasy Life sounds pun-derful! XD And, after looking at the Master List, The Stillness of the Wind sounds intriguing. :3

Thanks a bunch, you guys! :heart:
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Umm... This Topic inspired me since we started talking about Town Building Games... ^_^ :3 :!: :P :lala: : https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=175045
AWESOMEGAMER
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

How about
The Sims (1,2,3, or 4) - PC/MAC It has a fandom and lots of sites besides mts offer stuff for free
Spore- PC/MAC I think this game is has been abandoned because they were sued by EA but it is still fun. Just like the Sims sort of
Sim City-PC/MAC City building
Virtual Villagers, Virtual Family (1 & 2)
Black and White (1 & 2 with addons)
There are way tooo many games on my PC :-/

All the rest are 3dsxl or 3ds
Fantasy Life, Ever Oasis, Rune Factory, Nintendogs & Cats, Nintendogs (ds), Animal Crossing New Leaf, Animal Crossing Wild World (ds), Tomodachi Life, Miitopia, Disney Magical World (1,or 2), Hometown Story

These games are universal and are on every platform
Terraria and Minecraft (sandbox games)

I play a ton of simulation games mainly The Sims and have The Sims 1,2,3,and 4 on my PC that is basically what I use it for. If you have a/an older computer ( lees than W200) then I will haveva ton more

Good Luck
Later Gamer
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The sims technically doesn’t have a farm more like a garden. Although I believe you can make your own greenhouses thanks to a pack in Sims 4.