Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Dec 03, 2020 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Will there be a new gen reveal?
Yes
No
You may select 1 option

View results
Bluie
  Post subject: Re: Pokemon Direct announced
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

They're just Fire/Water/Grass

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/? ... mpaign=sas

As they evolve, they usually get a secondary type. Also, i'm team Sobble.

Ehppy
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:31 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I thought it was fantastic!! It really does look so lovely. Judging by the shape of the region it looks like the UK to me? I saw a while ago someone did a speculation video of what a pokemon region based on the UK would look like. (which is... unrelated, but the fashion reminded me of that vid, lol.) Pretty cool. :)

I love monkeys so much you guys, so I basically flipped out as soon as I saw Grookey. I'm buying a plush of him when they're available. Ahhh I'm so excited!

I agree, Sword and Shield is an interesting title choice. I'm trying to collect my thoughts, but... ahh!!

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:39 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I must say that I’m pretty happy that this will be released worldwide at the same time. That almost never happens. They must be working their tails off to get this done.

I mainly wanted to see the other new Pokémon and the evolutions of the starters now.
I just hope they don’t do something similar like they did with Littens last evolution >.>
I’m a huge wrestling fan but No. just no.

Genie9
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:42 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I stand corrected, we are definitely in the UK this time around xD my direct feed kept dropping in video quality, but I got a glimpse with the HD trailer.

I hope and pray we don't get a lame final evolution for Scorchbunny. Litten was not my cup of tea :/ Delphox was only ok because they were fire/psychic.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:44 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh, sorry, I don't know Pokemon terminology so I said it wrong. Asking if they were new types, I didn't mean 'fire' type or 'water' type, but...are they, as individual pokemon, new? Like, is Sobble a new pokemon? Or did it already exist in previous versions? Or are all starter pokemon in mainline games always new, so that's just a dumb question? Lol.

I think Sword and Shield sound really different, but then, the titles don't mean anything, do they? Or maybe they do...I think it did in Sun and Moon, anyway. Not sure about any of the others. Anyway, I'm glad it's getting people excited to play...that's always nice :) That mine was very pretty. Is there such a thing as gemstone pokemon? Ha ha.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:50 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^
Each new title has new starter Pokemon. They are never the same :)
As for gemstone Pokemon...sorta? Off the top of my head:
There’s Starmie, andSableye where they have gemstones in them ^^’

Ehppy
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 6:53 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I feel you guys on the final evos thing, the fire starter's final stages haven't been my cup of tea that last few times, but I feel like Scorbunny is set up to be something really cool and swift!!

Ohh @Kikki Yes, they're new pokemon! Every "mainline" pokemon title has three new starter pokemon, and new pokemon populating the new region. :) Sobble, Scorbunny, and Grookey have never been seen before!
The rest of the pokemon in the trailer are older pokemon though. But I'm certain there will be many new pokemon as well.

Sableye is kind of a gemstone pokemon! And Carbink, and Diancie! But we might get some new gemlike pokemon as well, that would be so cool! Sableye is one of my top five favorite pokemon. I was pretty captivated by those mines, so I'd love to see some fancy, shiny gemlike pokemon there. :)

Edit: Sorry, lots of exclamation points :!: I'm just so excited.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 7:15 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

If you guys don't mind me asking...what makes a type of Pokemon your favourite? I've seen a lot of people saying they usually go for 'this' type or 'that' type, so I was wondering. Like...if your favourite type is fire. Is it the looks? The type of moves they usually do?

I've noticed that most of the Pokemon I've seen and said 'wow, that's cute...I kind of want one' is for 'grass' and 'fairy' types...but that's based solely on looks, not on effectiveness or fighting style or anything. Obviously, since I haven't actually played anything more than the demo for Sun/Moon. I assume there's more important considerations than just how they look. (Though maybe not, lol. Maybe cuteness IS the most important factor.)

On topic of the direct, though, I really did think it was the most attractive world/setting I've ever seen for a Pokemon game, so that was enough to spark my interest by itself. Are the settings usually based somehow on real world regions?

I checked out some gaming sites and wow...it's SO much nicer to talk about games here. Everyone gets all happy and excited :) People are being so negative elsewhere (like on Nintendo Everything), and I can't even tell why. It's a mainline game like they all seemed to be griping about Let's Go not being, and yet, there's no less whining going on about Sword/Shield than there was about Let's Go. I know I'm no expert, but I thought it looked really good, and that people wanted a more traditional main-line game after getting something a bit different last time.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 7:38 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Whelp. Just watched the direct...and that was the ugliest Pokemon logo I have ever seen. (Honestly those fake ones from Twitter that surfaced yesterday looked nicer. :?) A UK region is fine, though, I was just hoping for something else.

The map looks...really weird. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any places in the UK where it's constantly snowy. I can kind of vaguely see them going for an England vs Scotland thing (based on the map), which would be very different. (I don't think there's ever been any direct feud between cities or sub-regions in a Pokemon game? THAT could be interesting, stopping that vs the typical Team whoever.)

I hope there's at least some sort of a hint of vikings in this...find a burial mound, go inside, capture ghost pokemon. Since there's no natural environments in the UK we haven't seen in other games, why not take advantage of the history? So far I'm...gonna wait for E3 to judge. But hopefully it's good! :)

Kikki as to your question I think it varies a bit per person. Some people are attached to the (elemental) type that they picked as a kid, for others it's an aesthetic/cuteness thing. When Sun/Moon came out I got Moon but also watched a playthrough of someone who got Sun and it was very interesting to me to watch because I noticed something fundamentally different about the two. The extra pokemon in Sun were overtly masculine in their design while the extra pokemon in Moon were overtly feminine. (The Let's Player really liked the masculine pokemon, while I was really glad they weren't in my game.)

There's definitely some sort of method to their madness in terms of design philosophy. My picks (aside from the obvious 'just making a good team' tend to be based on my personal design philosophy - what makes things aesthetically pleasing for me). I think they've hit some sort of happy middle ground aesthetically, sort of like a dating sim having a whole bunch of variety in its designs. Players don't have to like everything, as long as they really like something, they'll be hooked.

Last edited by Mikodesu on Feb 27, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 7:39 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I can't wait for November! Team Scorbunny! I really hate the name for it, but it's adorable.

Ehppy
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 7:46 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

@Kikki
That's one of my favorite things about Pokemon, honestly. Everyone has different preferences and reasons for what they like and it's really cool to me. Some just like what's cute, some gravitate to a specific type, some like what's competitive, some love to love the underdogs, the unpopular ones. :)
For me personally... I really like water types, and grass types. My list of favorites is mostly just what I consider cute/cool though. Sandshrew is my all time favorite because the first pokemon card I ever got was a sandshrew, and come on, sandshrew is so cute! I also love Chimchar, Sableye, Vaporeon, Whimsicott... There's so many, it's hard to find a common thread among my favorites. But one thing I can say for certain; If it looks like a monkey, I probably love it.
Chimchar (and it's evolutions, monferno and infernape,) Passimian, Aipom, Vigoroth, Mankey, Primeape... I really like monkeys, lol, so I feel very blessed to have Grookey to add to my favs!

Fairy and Grass are both great types! (In my personal opinion... based on looks hahah) For a lot of people, battle effectiveness is definitely an important factor! But for me, I don't do competetive battling really, and in the main story itself, I think any pokemon is perfectly viable, so in my playthroughs I usually do just create a team of which pokemon I like the looks of. That said, it pays to have a diverse team, typing-wise. Type matchup (what's effective against what, like fire beating effective against grass) plays a pretty important part in battles, so I like to not have too much type overlap. You can carry a party of six with you at one time, so I try not to have say, three water types at once, usually.

It really was lovely, wasn't it? It helps that it's on the switch, so with a more powerful system, they can really make some stunning scenery. I actually don't know if all the generations are based on specific regions. The first generation took place in the Kanto region, which, IIRC, is based on the real-life Kanto region of Japan. I don't actually know if Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova (gens 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively) are based on specific places, so if anyone does know, feel free to chime in! The Kalos region is modeled after France, and the Alola region is based on Hawaii. It does seem like, going forward, new generations will be based on specific regions, seeing as the last three have been. :)

Oh, yeah, that's the unfortunate thing. Pokemon has a big fanbase, and it's impossible to please everyone. There always seems to be some people who are disappointed no matter what. I've already seen some of it myself, and it's too bad! I can understand having complaints, so I try not to discount their opinions and experiences, but I personally won't let them ruin my fun for me, either. :) So I really am glad to be able to chat about it here with people who are mostly happy about the games!
That said, I'm not gonna shun anyone who posts here if they have a complaint! I totally get it. I'm just so over the moon right now that I don't think anyone could bring me down, lol.

(sorry if I'm rambling. I'm just so excited! And I really love Pokemon, lol. It took me a while to write this up because I'm jumping all over the place right now.)

@Mikodesu
Ohh those are some interesting observations! That would be a cool change to the formula, and a fun conflict to explore!
I also really like your idea about exploring burial mounds, that would be so cool. I love spooky, haunted locations. :) In games, anyway.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 8:14 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Someone I follow on Twitter just called the water starter...better Mudkip. :lol: Laughed out loud, had to share.

Oh! And I just thought. What about a two "team" scenario where each of the teams already has control of a sub-region, OR a one team deal where the team either overthrows the government or sparks conflict between the sub-regions.

I think my favorite thing about the whole UK deal is all the historical implications of it. But they really didn't take advantage of that in Hawaii/Alola, so. Fingers crossed I guess.

@Ehppy: 100% agreed on the spooky stuff! There's so many ruins and things it could be perfect. <3

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 8:29 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I saw your name on the board for an extended period and just knew you were typing up a big response Ehppy :)

The tail and paws in particular made me think Grookey was a monkey, but looking at the head I honestly thought it was a tropical bird, like a parrot, lol.

It's just weird to me that the comments I saw on Let's Go were overwhelmingly negative (this is back at reveal), and now that Sword/Shield has been revealed to be exactly what they were complaining Let's Go was not, it's still overwhelmingly negative complaints in some places. I don't get it. It must just be the nature of these sites or something, that it's largely the complainers that speak up. Those who are happy must just enjoy the news silently or something.

Honestly, what for me would make this game awesome is NOT a series tradition, so I'm not actually going to wish for it...I don't want to change the game from what is loved so that it becomes a game that more squarely hits my super-niche tastes. But the one thing that would sell me right away is if this game has a significant story. I know that's not what Pokemon is about though...it's not a story-driven series. Still, this one looks awfully pretty to me, so it may end up being the first one I actually buy. If they have a demo, I can at least guarantee I'll be trying that.

I hope this ends up being another runaway hit for the Switch, anyway. :)

Lenna36
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 9:29 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

@Kikki, Well... Animal Crossing isn't as enticing to me as RF5, SoS, and Pokemon are. I have time to think about it. At the moment, I'm not motivated to get a switch. Which isn't to say that I won't be keeping an eye on this and the other series I've mentioned. I just want some more information about them before getting a new system. :/

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 9:45 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ahhh the male protag was super cute. The female was okay, but I hope there are customization options.

I'm either gonna pick Sobble or Scorbunny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next