Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Dec 03, 2020 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Will there be a new gen reveal?
Yes
No
You may select 1 option

View results
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: Pokemon Direct announced
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 9:48 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Huh, you know...I didn't even notice the protagonists, lol. I saw one running through the mine, but without actually looking at them. I should go back and look again.

Lenna36 wrote:
@Kikki, Well... Animal Crossing isn't as enticing to me as RF5, SoS, and Pokemon are. I have time to think about it. At the moment, I'm not motivated to get a switch. Which isn't to say that I won't be keeping an eye on this and the other series I've mentioned. I just want some more information about them before getting a new system. :/

Ahh. So the exclusives for it so far haven't been a big draw for you, then. (Like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario, Octopath or Breath of the Wild...assuming of course that you didn't own a Wii U, which is the case for a lot of people, it seems. I had to look up the list of Switch exclusives first...I thought there were only a few, but it's already a pretty long list. Hard to believe it's at 51 when the Wii U only got 39 in its entire lifespan.) I love my Switch and already have a load of games on it (at least what passes for a load of games for me) so it was worth my while but it does depend on your priorities. A lot of my favourite series are exclusive to Nintendo consoles, so it was never a question for me, if I was going to be getting it or not. But I don't hesitate that much in buying new consoles, honestly, since I spend my money on very little else other than rent and food.

The only one that I can't get interested in is Xbox since it only has ONE exclusive I'm interested in, of its entire library, lol. And it's not a game I want on the level of buying an entire console just to play it. But I get not having enough interest in a console's library to know if it's worth buying, anyway.

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 10:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

In regards to your question, Kiki, I find that my love for Pokemon games is a mix of nostalgia and customization. Pokemon Blue was my first game ever that was truly mine, and I played it to death. I was consistent with all the mainline titles until I burned myself out with Heart Gold. I came back to the series with X&Y for my second reason; customization.

The freedom to more or less make up your to whatever you want out of 800+ potential party members is a big draw. But, once that wore me out, I came back once you started to be able to customize your main character. X&Y had great customization in clothes and hair styles, and then Sun&Moon did the same with adding makeup as well. I love having the freedom in game to make the character look like me OR completely redonks.

So, that's my main reason for playing. It is a JRPG at its core, and that is also my favourite genre, so I guess that plays into it too.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 10:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

FeMC looks super cute!! I'm actually not sure which starter is my favorite; they are all pretty cute this time around. Leaning a bit towards Scorbunny or Sobble I think at first glance though.

World looks beautiful!! Very much looking forward to seeing more information.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 10:37 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm curious how the conflict around industrialization/technology vs nature will apply with a "sword and shield" motif. Not to mention there was that interesting...uh...drawing/rock diagram of a big pokemon that looked mythological based.

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 10:43 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Blue Rose wrote:
Not to mention there was that interesting...uh...drawing/rock diagram of a big pokemon that looked mythological based.

Aliens.

I'm calling it now.

Lenna36
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 10:49 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

@Kikki, Yeah, I skipped the Wii U. The main reason I bought my last two systems was because they had HM (and now SoS) games. It's not that the Switch doesn't have a draw, it just doesn't have enough draw for me... Not yet. RF5 and Pokemon should add to the appeal, but a new SoS would make the Switch irresistible. XD

@Bluie, It's always aliens... :shifty:

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 11:54 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'd go back and buy the Wii U three times over as long as it meant I could play Xenoblade Chronicles X. :heart: If mine ever breaks down beyond repair, I really will buy another. But yeah, not a lot of people agreed that the Wii U was worth their money...its sales were pitiful.

~back on track...~

"And that's not all you'll have to look forward to in 2019...we've got plenty in the works for the Pokemon brand that we hope will delight you."

I can't think of what that would be at all. I mean Let's Go was only released, what, four months ago? And within about a year of that they're also releasing this brand new mainline game. How could they be fitting anything else in? Or maybe they've got DLC or something planned for Go or Let's Go or something? Eh, I can't begin to make an educated guess, here.

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'd love a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Please.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 1:01 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Pokemon brand has a ton of spin-off title series that can be brought up. I think we're due for a mystery dungeon title, and even more so for a Ranger title if those aren't officially dismissed.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 2:08 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I like the phrasing of that. "...plenty in the works for the Pokemon brand" is so vague it can include the upcoming movie. :lol:

If anybody needs a pick-me-up (about the game or just in general) I'm gonna suggest looking through the tags for the game on Twitter. It's positively FILLED with art. There's so much cuteness I think I even like all the starters now. (And praise art Twitter, I didn't remember the name Sobble until I saw a doodle of it crying.)

Celestrian
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 2:59 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I just saw it. I absolutely love the starter designs! How am I supposed to choose between those!? :shock:

Pachi
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 4:36 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Ohmygosh IT'S SO PRETTY D: This is going to be hard to resist!!

Direct thoughts:
  • The feMC's outfit is really cute!!
  • I usually lean towards the grass type starter, but Scorbunny and Sobble are winning my heart rn

@ Kikki
For preferences in favorite Pokemon, personally, I'm biased towards grass types. I started with FireRed/LeafGreen and liked grass type because they looked pretty and packed some great moves (I loved abusing bullet seed, leech seed, and drain moves then). But there are also pokemon I have a soft spot for, because they were unexpectedly good (hi to my Murkrow in Heart Gold)! Like I initially caught them to use as a HM slave, but they're actually great in battle that they remained in my party until the end.

Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 7:04 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

My most favorite Pokémon ever is Oddish. I guess if I had to choose, my favorite would also be grass type, though since I breed competitive-level Pokémon (that I never actually get to use, lol) I try to keep my team varied. Grass ones are just so pretty, and I bet they feel nice and cool to the touch... And I love all their status-inflicting and draining moves.

I really hope the nice system for seeing the IVs/EVs is left intact and that it’ll be easy to transfer over my Ditto.

Definitely gonna be using the female trainer. I wouldn’t even care if there wasn’t any clothes customization this time around, she’s so cute ;o;

Pachi
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2019 7:26 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

^ Grass type trainers unite!! Ah I forgot about the status-inflicting moves. Grass types could just prettily sit there and have leech seed + poison powder do all the work. They are pretty, but deadly :3c

Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2019 12:16 am 

With unlimited TM use now, just switch out poison powder for toxic! :D

I’d like to raise up a venusaur, but first I’d have to find a Bulbasaur with chlorophyll for maximum effectiveness, and I’m just too busy to put in the effort right now, lol

My other favorite grass Pokémon besides Oddish is probably Lilligant. I just wish it was a touch more viable for competitive play. Someone who actually knew what they were doing could probably use it, but I don’t and can’t lol.

On that note, my team currently consists of: Dragonite, Garchomp, Primarina, Toxapex, Snorlax, and Bewear. Garchomp’s only on there because I got traded a perfect IV gibble and Primarina’s there cause I needed another slot to fill but doesn’t actually have the stats. I’m still trying to decide what I want to replace them with... >.>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next