FE warriors (3DS)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

That N3DS thing can be super frustrating! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen children come into my local game store because Minecraft doesn’t work on their old 2DS and either their parents didn’t know or an employee in some store (often Walmart) was misinformed. I believe it’s a hardware issue as the old 3DS doesn’t have a powerful enough processor to run those few games, but there should be a better way of labelling that or something.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup, it's the processor. I know that's the case with Xenoblade Chronicles, at least (the reason I bought an N3DS back in 2015.) The original 3DS wasn't powerful enough to run it. Thankfully there are only 4 games you can buy in physical that require the N3DS. (Including FE:W, Xenoblade, that Minecraft edition, and something called Runbow or something like that that I have no idea what it is.)

Though for some of the N3DS-exclusive games, that is hard to understand, since they look really low-spec. Like Stack 'Em High. Why does that need extra processing power? Or Scoop'n Birds? Xenoblade was a very big game packed onto a tiny system, so that I got, but some of them I can't figure.

They really didn't make much use of it, though. Even with all the digital-only stuff, there's about 50 games in all that are exclusive to N3DS, and over half of them are Virtual Console titles. I LOVE Xenoblade, but I really feel that the N3DS wasn't a very worthwhile creation.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wait! Is this a N3DS?
Spoiler:
It’s the second 3DS my sister gave me. I just remembered it came with the pack she got years ago.

I’m saved!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes that’s a new 3ds.

As someone else mentioned, the easiest way to tell them apart from an original model is the c-nub above the ABXY buttons. Open it and it will be there. Only “new”-type models have that nub.

About why several digital trash games are new-exclusive, the extra processing doesn’t only make it possible to make more processor-intensive games, it also enables lazy shovelware developers to put up their poorly optimized junk on the eshop.
Last edited by Getaris on Sep 18, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I feel better now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, I see, Getaris...that'd be a thing too. Poorly optimized games are hard to also hard to run!

Hooray, Shan! So you can play after all. :D And if you ever happen across Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, you can play that, too! (Dunno if you're into major story-driven stuff, though.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just grabbed whatever GameStop has. So if they have it I’ll check it out.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Minecraft for N3DS also has a wonderfully nostalgic feeling to it. I like it. Though you may have better options to play it on.