Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 59  Next
Arcy
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2020
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2020 9:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

DQB2 is so good, I've beaten the story 3 times! Have fun, Owl! :D

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2020 10:40 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Bluie wrote:
Ah, alas, I am in Primal, and that unfortunately means we can never meet. What I would recommend instead is finding a group in the party finder or see if you can find a Free Company or linkshell that'd be willing to take you. I'm not sure if you're doing the free trial or if you have the full game, so there might be some restrictions. You can do most of it solo unscyned once level 80, but some of the bosses will still curbstomp despite only being level 50 content.

FFXIV has a lot of optional content that is either related to characters or the overarching story. Cid has an entire side quest series starting with the Crystal Tower (which used to be optional, but they've changed that now) and is still ongoing, but completely optional. The Twins have The Coils of Bahamut, there's a completely optional character at the end of Heavensward who's connected to Shadowbringers and most likely the next expansion, and so, so much more. The main thing you can do to not miss this content is take every blue quest marker you see. Blue means special unlocks like jobs, dungeons, trials, new areas, raids +more.

Why I recommend you do the Coils before the end of Heavensward is that it changes some things, while minor, it can make a big difference. Cutscenes have variations depending on your relationships that usually pertain to having done specific quests or not. You can go back later and then watch the variation in a inn. A non spoilery example is with Estinien. If you've done all the dragoon quests up to the beginning of Heavensward, he'll greet you differently instead of the game acting like it's the first time you've ever met.

It's nothing game breaking, but the little touches can make a big difference to some (me lol).

Aw, bummer! Primal didn't have any preferred servers so I decided against picking it. I guess I'll have to find some help for it. If not, I can always youtube the cutscenes I suppose. Thanks for letting me know there's a bunch of stuff like that! I'll have to keep track of the side stories as I go.

I've had some not so great things happening in my life recently so I haven't really been playing video games at all, but I have played a bit of Crusader Kings 3 which I'm enjoying a lot. Some things I miss from CK2, but it's a great sequel so far.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2020 11:04 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm currently on Mass Effect 3, but I did take a break from the game to play The Outer Worlds' DLC Peril on Gorgon. It was REALLY good! I'm looking forward to the next DLC and the game has put me in a Fallout mood, so I'll probably tackle Fallout New Vegas and 4 in my backlog to counteract the feeling. I did try Fallout 3 again to make sure I'm really done with it, and after playing it for about two more hours and then following that up with New Vegas and 4 I can definitely wipe 3 from my backlog for good.

I also finished Tell Me Why. VERY good game! I like it more than Dontnod's Life is Strange games. I definitely recommend it.

The latest I'm getting Super Mario 3D All Stars is gonna be the 24th. My current plan is to beat Mass Effect 3 before that comes out and Spiritfarer if I beat Mass Effect 3 before I get the Mario game. after all that, Fallout New Vegas and/or 4.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 15, 2020 8:04 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

After the tutorial run of the first tower, I went back and actually completed the first tower for real, getting the master flesh. Yay (but also 'ew'). I've unlocked the second tower now, and unfortunately it appears that the towers all look the same...the same grungy, mossy broken stone everywhere. And it does seem that all there is to the game is going to each tower, making it to the top (or the final locked area, wherever it is) by beating little baddies and undoing chains, and then beat up the tower master to get the flesh and unlock the next tower.

It's got some interesting mechanics, but it works way better with the wiimote, and I really wanted to be done forever with the wiimote after I finished Skyward Sword. I'm also less than thrilled that each tower must be completed on a timer, before Elena goes full monster. I hate being on a timer. Timers completely ruin any fun a game has, for me. It means I'm afraid to take my time looking around, and what's the point of that? Well, I guess there's not really much to explore in these samey-towers with drab colours and drab monsters, though.

The graphics may have been nice at the time (I don't really know what was considered high-quality for the Wii at the time) but they're all blobby/blurry compared to more recent games. If they put Pandora's Tower on Switch with revamped graphics, and conventional controls, I might go for it. I haven't found anything about this game, yet, that makes me think it deserves to be in a category with Xenoblade Chronicles.

I guess I should try one more tower and properly use the wiimote instead of the gamepad this time...

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2020 4:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Welp, dropped Monster Hunter World like a hot potato. I don't need it any more now that the next proper entry is on it's way, and fairly soon! With FFXIV, I'm really only doing the weeklies and then messing around for a bit before logging off until the next week. I want the next expansion so badly, but who knows where it's even at rn, so I'll continue to be a patient but minorly active user. I also can't win a crown in Fall Guys to save my life, and it's killing my gusto for the game. I get it's supposed to be one of those titles you play over and over to try and get what you want, but there's way too much that can just royally mess up a run and it's usually another player being a « Sheep Squeezer » (or a cheater). I'm gonna drop it for now.

Genshin Impact is 2ish weeks away now, and while I do finally have employment (yay!) I do still need to fill in some blanks of my free time when hubbo aint around. For the first time in years I have motivation to go back to some games and try to get the platinum. I adored Blue Reflection and NieR Automata last year, and I've been feeling a mite Nostalgic for them lately, so i'm gonna off an on work on them. Plus I also haven't done my yearly play through of Final Fantasy IX, so ima' try to get that going too. Nothing else out until November anyways, so, *shrug*.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 6:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm also dropping Pandora's Tower. I tried setting it up, but using the wiimote is too much of a burden. The game is okay...interesting enough mechanics to carry it a decent way even though the plot seems excessively simple. The graphics are ugly and the wiimote eats batteries like candy, and I don't want to have to rearrange the room to be able to play (otherwise the sensor doesn't pick up the wiimote movements and then you can't use the chain...and you NEED to use the chain.)

Sorry, Pandora's Tower. I really wanted to like you because you were a part of Operation Rainfall, right alongside Xenoblade Chronicles (and The Last Story, which I haven't tried and probably won't, now, due to it being a wii game necessitating the use of the horrible wiimote!) If you come to Switch with improved graphics, I'll probably try you then, but as you are, you just have to go to the abandoned shelf.

~

I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, but...I'm afraid to actually play it. I mean...okay, if you haven't played BotW, this is a spoiler, so I'll put it behind a tag.

Spoiler:
You LOSE the war and all of the champions die. Link is taken out of the fight so definitively that he has to be put into stasis for a hundred year, and meanwhile, poor Zelda, the only one left, has no choice but to use her power for a century, just keeping Ganon contained until Link can come back, all his memories wiped, but always ready to be a hero, even when he doesn't know why. If it is a true prequel, how can Age of Calamity proceed/end in any way that is not depressing? It won't be about winning or triumph. It'll be all loss and defeat. I don't know how they're going to make me want to play it to the end!

~

Narf. Well, I now have 2 games left to put more time into, to see if I can get into them enough for it not to be torture to make myself finish them, and then my backlog is done and I can finally play what I actually WANT to play. Really looking forward to that! My next new game is Cold Steel IV, which is a top tier game that was always going to be a Day 1 purchase, but it's not out until the end of October. I don't know when Cafe Enchante will be out, but supposedly before the end of the year. Those are my three remaining new games in 2020 that I already knew I'd be buying right on release (including Age of Calamity.)

I want Aegis Rim on the 22nd, but I won't get it until I'm done with my backlog completely. I still want FFVII Remake, but it's lower priority, particularly with the remaining parts nowhere in sight. I want Haven, but there's still no date for 2020. I'll probably want Fenyx Rising if it gets decent reviews, since the gameplay looks ripped right out of BotW (which I like, I need more BotW-esque to play!) and that's on December 3. Oh well, that's 2 definite new games and 4 more good options to look out for. Not bad. Just gotta crush the remnants of this backlog, first! I don't mind going slowly right now. I want to save up a lot of stuff I'm excited for, to help me get through the impending half year of winter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's Genshin Impact, too. I keep forgetting it cuz it's not a purchase...it's free. I'm gonna try it, but I have no idea if I'll like it. It looks like a cross between Tales and BotW, sorta, but it also looks like a mobile game in some ways, so...total crapshoot, for me.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 11:13 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, but...I'm afraid to actually play it. I mean...okay, if you haven't played BotW, this is a spoiler, so I'll put it behind a tag.

Will you let us (or more likely me) know how it plays? I dropped and sold all my Dynasty Warrior spin off games because of the bases. Taking control, losing control, losing the match because the home base was taken over turned me away from playing them anymore. However, Age of Calamity is canon to the Breath of the Wild lore, so I have a feeling I need it, but I also don't want to slog through gameplay I hate.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to research if Persona 5 Scramble is in the same boat (if the base mechanic is in the game or not) and the game is canon to Persona 5 as well.

Okay, on to my backlog update:
I just have the DLC for Mass Effect 3 left and I'll be done with my 20th run. My Mario 3D Collection game got back ordered through Target, so I decided to just cancel the order and buy it digitally. I want this game and I know scalpers will buy all they can to sell it at a ridiculous price. So, after Mass Effect 3's DLC, I'll be playing through the collection.

Fallout New Vegas will follow after and I'll either play Spiritfarer or Rune Factory 4 Special again because of the RF5 announcement.

Arcy
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 11:43 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:

Mild potential Lufia/BotW spoilers.
Spoiler:
I played Lufia and Lufia II in the order they were published. I think a lot of older gamers did. The ending of II was really sad, but you knew that going in if you played them in that order. Sometimes the extra story/character/world building details make the trip worth it. Sometimes it is because you really like the gameplay. Sometimes both.

I think that HW: AoC will be a satisfying game for BotW fans, perhaps in spite of how it might end. If you already know "how it ends" and there's nothing you can do to change that outcome, just enjoy the ride. That's my mindset on that kind of thing, it happens so rarely in video game stories though.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 11:47 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ronin19 wrote:
Will you let us (or more likely me) know how it plays? I dropped and sold all my Dynasty Warrior spin off games because of the bases. Taking control, losing control, losing the match because the home base was taken over turned me away from playing them anymore. However, Age of Calamity is canon to the Breath of the Wild lore, so I have a feeling I need it, but I also don't want to slog through gameplay I hate.

Sure :) You'll probably be able to get an opinion off of lots of folks here. I don't remember who all were really into it, but I know Bluie'll be getting it. But I really suck, so on that level my opinion might be worthwhile, lol...I would get frustrated with the situation you describe pretty quickly! I've never actually played a musou game before and certainly wouldn't play this one, either, but it's not only LoZ, it's canon BotW, so not playing it isn't an option.

My biggest concern right now is that I'll find it too unhappy to play. I've always avoided tragedies. I really wonder how they're going to give us the canon history while giving us the motivation to play to the end. I don't want them to downplay the tragedy, cuz that would cheapen BotW's story, but if they don't do that, I suspect I'm gonna want to run away from it as it progresses.

EDIT: Arcy posted while I was writing, so I'll add a reply in as an edit :) I can see what you're saying, Arcy, but unfortunately for me, that's not really how my brain works. I avoid tragedy like poison. I'm interested in BotW's history but at the same time, I don't want to live that disaster. I'm gonna, but it's with a feeling of dread, lol. I'm reassuring myself with the fact that I already own BotW and can immediately start a replay after finishing Age of Calamity, if AoC leaves me all boo-hooey.

Night Owl
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 12:05 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Ronin19 wrote:
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to research if Persona 5 Scramble is in the same boat (if the base mechanic is in the game or not) and the game is canon to Persona 5 as well.

P5 Scramble is a Dynasty Warriors experience. However, Scramble is in a weird position story-wise. Since it came out before Royal, there are zero mentions of certain plot events in Royal, and it flies in face of the True Ending of that game. Scramble goes off of the Vanilla version of Persona 5. On top of that, Scramble doesn't have a localization announcement at all yet from Atlus. However, I will tell you that most spin-off games are actually canon to the Persona series. Arena and Arena Ultimax, the fighting games, are canon. So is Persona 4 Dancing All Night. The Persona 3 and 5 Dancing games are also canon but have the caveat of not actually happening at the same time; it helps that they don't have a story though. Same with Q and Q2, although they do have stories, certain events make it so the characters never really remember things happening.

I only have secondhand knowledge of Scramble at best, but I know it ignores everything relating to Royal, so I'm not exactly sure how they're going to fix this one... Part of me thinks that they should've waited...

As for my backlog, I haven't played Dragon Quest Builders 2 in a few days, but I think I'll start it up soon. I'll be heading off to Moonbrooke after running a few errands. Or maybe I'll just skip those errands and go right to Moonbrooke.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 12:20 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Night Owl wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:

P5 Scramble is a Dynasty Warriors experience. However, Scramble is in a weird position story-wise. Since it came out before Royal, there are zero mentions of certain plot events in Royal, and it flies in face of the True Ending of that game. Scramble goes off of the Vanilla version of Persona 5. On top of that, Scramble doesn't have a localization announcement at all yet from Atlus. However, I will tell you that most spin-off games are actually canon to the Persona series. Arena and Arena Ultimax, the fighting games, are canon. So is Persona 4 Dancing All Night. The Persona 3 and 5 Dancing games are also canon but have the caveat of not actually happening at the same time; it helps that they don't have a story though. Same with Q and Q2, although they do have stories, certain events make it so the characters never really remember things happening.

I only have secondhand knowledge of Scramble at best, but I know it ignores everything relating to Royal, so I'm not exactly sure how they're going to fix this one... Part of me thinks that they should've waited...

As for my backlog, I haven't played Dragon Quest Builders 2 in a few days, but I think I'll start it up soon. I'll be heading off to Moonbrooke after running a few errands. Or maybe I'll just skip those errands and go right to Moonbrooke.

Yeah, I knew that pretty much all Persona games are canon, but the Arena and Q games haven't really interested me (I'm not good at fighting games and I'm not a fan of Etrian Odyssey styled games). I think both endings to Persona 5 (both the Royal exclusive one and the vanilla true ending) are both canon, more of a, "What if?" for both endings, splitting the timeline in two directions.

greensara
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 2:15 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Well, I cleared Paper Mario Origami King today. My opinion of the game hasn't changed, it's just okay, not terrible but not great. I did get a few laughs from the dialogue and tropes, but I hated the battle system fiercely. According to my little brother though it was much better than the WiiU game, so I guess I should be happy?

I also cleared Pokemon Sun recently, though begrudgingly. It was for my husband's sake since he wanted to do some hypertraining on some of his Pokemon before we move everything to Pokemon Home, as my Pokemon bank subscription will be up soon and that was the last Gen 7 game we had left. So having played all four SM/USUM games I can say I liked the new stuff they added in the Ultras, but I still prefer the original storyline.

I should probably get back to Little Dragons Cafe or RiME next, but I may go back to work on my FOMT file some more first.

Backlog update:
Games cleared for the first time 2020 - 11
Backlog - About 9

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2020 7:19 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently Beat:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 136 games)

Currently playing:

Super Mario 3D All Stars (Switch) (Super Mario Sunshine)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Digimon Survive (2020/2021?)
Robotics; Notes Elite and Dash Double Pack Day 1 Edition (October 13, 2020)
New Pokemon Snap (2020/TBA)
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (February 12, 2021)

Games I want:

Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2021)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
Snack World The Dungeon Crawl Gold (Switch)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Rewrite+ (PC)
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin (Switch)

Games beat in 2020: 7

Games bought in 2020: A ton

Spoiler:
So, I've bought a ton of games over the past month or two. And, September 18th, I bought Super Mario 3D All Stars for the Switch. I'm currently playing Super Mario Sunshine on it, and it's bringing back so many memories. :)

Also, forgot to mention I pre-ordered New Pokemon Snap back when it was first announced, and did so as soon as possible. Also, I have the port of Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury for the Switch Pre-ordered as well. I will pre-order the standard edition of Sakuna: Of Rice and Rain for the Switch soon, from Xseed Games, as it releases November 10, 2020.

I've bought (within the past month to 3 months) Buried Stars, Bug Fables, Spirit of the North, A Short Hike, Wide Ocean Big Jacket, Sagebrush, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD, Half Past Fate, A Hero and a Garden, What Remains of Edith Finch, Gone Home, Bargain Hunter, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, Blood Breed (100% off/free), Trancelation, A Summer with the Shiba Inu, Lumini, Phoenix Wright Trilogy (Switch), Nexomon Extinction, Hidden Through Time, and Super Mario 3D All Stars. (=21/26 if you include Phoenix Wright Trilogy and Super Mario 3D All Stars as separate games.)

For the 3DS I bought the original Luigi's Mansion remake and Apollo Justice. (=2)

Total: (23/28 [if separate))

In the next few weeks I'm interested in getting/picking up: Embracelet, Gothic Murder: Adventure that Changes Destiny, Fitness Boxing (AKA Fitness Boxing 1 for the Switch), and Robotics Notes Elite and Dash double pack day 1 edition. And, maybe Piofiore: Fated Memories as well.

I'm also interested in Pikmin 3: Deluxe and Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm and Exercise for Christmas.

As for recent announcements, I'm excited for the Nintendo Switch NES and SNES updates, Rune Factory 5, and Balan Wonderworld as well. :) :heart:

For recent games I've been playing:

Raging Loop = 45+ hours
Bargain Hunter = 10+ hours
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore = 2+ hours
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch) = 2+ hours
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD - 1+ hour(s)

Also, made slightly more progress in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Piczle Lines DX. :)

Also, I started shiny hunting for Buneary in Pokemon Shield on the Isle of Armor. Nearly at 500 Buneary battled.

And, believe it or not, made more progress in Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town. I'm nearing the end of Spring Year 1, and I got the Basic Bag upgrade, and a brown chicken that I named Leather. The Doctor, whom I'm going after, is still at a blue heart.

As for Super Mario Sunshine in Super Mario 3D All Stars, I've gotten 3 Shine Sprites and am on the third level of Bianco Hills

I think that's everything. :lol:

Pachi
Post Posted: Sep 20, 2020 4:35 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I.. added more games to my backlog whoops. Bought Tales of Vesperia and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I probably won't be able to play them until December, but that $15 sale tag was too shiny...

I'm pausing SOS:FOMT for a while until I finish Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I just started grad school and I don't think I can juggle two-three games at once anymore (I'm also still playing ACNH for a little while daily, just to find fossils -- I need just one more -- and checking Nook's Cranny and Able's for stuff I don't have yet). I'm at that awkward phase in winter in FOMT where nothing is happening. I do have a goal (gather all the lumber and stone! for the final house upgrade so I can get married by spring) but it can still get boring just toiling every day like that ^^;

As for TMS, I'm onto the 5th chapter now. I'm afraid I'm almost at the end -- I want more :lol: TMS has been a really pleasant experience. It's easy for me to put down and pick back up again, as in I don't feel lost and forget what I was doing last (unlike some other games which make them hard to pick back up). I'm just a bit stuck with Tsubasa's side story with the cat -- where tf is this little devil lmao

Backlog status v
Spoiler:
Currently playing
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore

Backlog
SOS FOMT
The World Ends With You
Stardew Valley
Collar x Malice
Tales of Vesperia
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Finished
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Octopath Traveler
Okami
Hatoful Boyfriend*
AI: The Somnium Files
OneShot

Dropped
WILL: A Wonderful World

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 20, 2020 9:31 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I finished the Mass Effect Trilogy again today along with Super Mario Sunshine from the 3D All-Stars collection! I'm at 24 stars for 64 and I'm not touching Galaxy until 64 is beaten. That being said though, I need breaks occasionally from Mario; the rage is quite real and it would be best to play something else in between.

I'll probably play Fallout New Vegas in between sessions; at least then if I get mad at the game it'll be at myself instead of the controls.

I've also recently bought Pikmin 1 and 2 to beat and get ready for Pikmin 3 Deluxe, so I should probably play those next.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 59  Next