Backlog 2020

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Well...that happened. I was going to play through the Animal Crossing Toy Day stuff but the game bugged out on me! I couldn't figure out how to get the recipe you need (didn't show up in my phone, or my inventory) and I couldn't get the reindeer to give it to me again so...I played Genshin instead!

I REALLY like the Dragonspine update. The area is tiny, but it's well put together and dense. (Mihoyo did some really good work with this one.) Managed to get through the first part of the event before I quit for the day, so I'll be ready when I play next. It DID take me looking it up to figure out how to unlock the damn tree, though. :lol: Which is kind of sad. But that's what the internet is for, I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I only have the last part of Pikmin 3 to go, though I think it requires 3 game days to complete it. I wondered if I'd be able to complete it this year in spite of it being so short, but it looks like I will. That'll be 29 games for 2020, in that case. I can't see myself completing anything else, unless Tumblestone remains as easy in higher levels as it is in the first few. (If that's the case, it'd only take a few hours to complete.) Shockingly, to me, howlongtobeat.com says the game lasts 20+ hours. Guess it gets much trickier.

~

My cousin also got ACNH less than a week ago, and needed to play it with me to get more iron. That meant me rewinding time to Nov 20th since that's when I stopped playing, and I gave her the iron she wanted, but...my desire to play is DEAD. Signing back on after more than a month made me realize absolutely no desire to pick it back up has been rekindled at all. In fact, it made me even more reluctant, lol, when the only balloon I saw while playing contained a Mrs. Flamingo rather than any of the ten or whatever DIYs I still need for mush/leaf stuff. :/

But my cousin has two stacks of iron now, and I can mail her stuff from now on if I need to, which only takes a second if she really needs something.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I finished Yakuza 0 and played a bit of the Genshin Impact event. I was gonna focus mainly on working through the latter, but Christmas yielded a few more onto the backlog. I got the limited editions of both Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ and Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin as gifts today and wow, I didn't expect TWO limited editions to drop into my lap. Sakuna's is really nice - the art book, charm, and four disc OST are all lovely. Tokyo Xanadu's is more kinda ok. I like the artbook, but the Blade cards are very poorly made (pixelated pictures and poorly cut) and the OST has only a handful of songs. The statue is pretty nice though, which is the main reason I wanted it (besides the artbook). I have been told that there's also an Owlboy limited edition on the way for me, but it didn't make it here on time - really excited that my family actually managed to get their hands on one!

Anyways, I will play both of these titles soon (probs not Owlboy cause I've already played it 4 times and I mostly wanted the goodies!), but I want to play through Hades first. HOPEFULLY I don't get called into work tomorrow and I can play all day. >:I
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh...let me know what you think of the Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ battle system. I don't know a lot of people who played it, and to be frank the story and art felt like a basement bargain version of a Trails game, except set in the modern day. Sorta. The combat, however, may be the most fun I've ever played. I loved fighting in that game, which is a weird thing for me to say. I liked the team members who could stay in the air longest...aerial attacks and jump and flip kicks and so on...fun stuff, imo. I don't know, I really liked it. But I think I've only ever talked to one other person about it, back on the Xseed forums, and it wasn't someone I knew well enough to be particularly chatty with. (He really liked the combat too, though...enough to want a second game in the series based on that alone.)

I waited on Sakuna so long that for some reason, I totally lost interest in it. At first it was the wait, but then it started to seem like a game I wouldn't really like that much once I got into it, like Exist Archive, since the only thing you can farm/grow is rice, and there seems to be a lot of side-scroller, mildly platformy combat. Curious to hear what others think of it.

I'm too tired to complete Pikmin today, but there shouldn't be a problem tomorrow, unless this weird my-ears-feel-like-they're-so-full-it's-pushing-into-my-temples-and-soon-my-head-is-gonna-go-kerblooie style of headache I've got going on atm is still kicking about. It doesn't actually hurt that much, but it feels intensely weird...I'm too distracted by it to focus on anything detailed, like the hectic final mission of Pikmin 3. I kinda think I should visit my GP, but I've been trying for months to get through to his office as I've had multiple problems in the last half year, and it's flat out impossible to ever get anything other than a recording. My sister got immediate care by calling the health phone line, lol, cuz she has no doctor. I'd be better off without one, it seems!

Straight-forward puzzle games like Tumblestone are easy, though, so I played it to 10% completion.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

All I have left for my first run of Cyberpunk 2077 is the last main mission. I have finished every side quest I can do and have earned 30/44 achievements and can earn maybe 5 more on this playthrough. I can't wait to start my second playthrough. Gonna choose male V with a corpo lifestyle.

I also have a ranking on the romances:

Panam > River > Judy >>>>>> Kerry
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I haven't gone far in CP2077. I ran into bug in Automatic Love mission
Spoiler:
which I can't leave Clouds after V interrogating Woodman.
:( Luckily, I have a save before I started the quest. Going to submit it to CPDR and I hope this will be fixed in January.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Oh...let me know what you think of the Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ battle system. I don't know a lot of people who played it, and to be frank the story and art felt like a basement bargain version of a Trails game, except set in the modern day. Sorta. The combat, however, may be the most fun I've ever played. I loved fighting in that game, which is a weird thing for me to say. I liked the team members who could stay in the air longest...aerial attacks and jump and flip kicks and so on...fun stuff, imo. I don't know, I really liked it. But I think I've only ever talked to one other person about it, back on the Xseed forums, and it wasn't someone I knew well enough to be particularly chatty with. (He really liked the combat too, though...enough to want a second game in the series based on that alone.)

I waited on Sakuna so long that for some reason, I totally lost interest in it. At first it was the wait, but then it started to seem like a game I wouldn't really like that much once I got into it, like Exist Archive, since the only thing you can farm/grow is rice, and there seems to be a lot of side-scroller, mildly platformy combat. Curious to hear what others think of it.
*Thumbs up* I definitely want to play through Sakuna first, but I'll be working on them both soon. Had Sakuna come out when it was initially advertised to, I would've been all over it day one, but things are different now. I still wanted to play it, but it was no longer in my 'need' pile. I'm actually surprised I even got it as a gift so soon because I added it to my wishlist at the beginning of this week (same with Xanadu, honestly). I need to work on finishing the current Genshin event before getting suuuper into them, but I am looking forward to playing them.

Also, oops, my hand slipped and I bought Immortals Fenyx Rising. I was gifted some cash and in usual ubisoft fashion, the game is already becoming super cheap. I'll play it later lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, that's not your fault, if your hand slipped! I'm sure nobody would blame you for having slippery hands.

But yeah...I no longer have a gaming gap in 2021 thanks to so many sales and the fact that my family knows there is nothing I prefer to be given than amazon.ca gift cards (which I can use for products on Amazon, or turn into digital gift card codes for the Switch.) I now have FIVE games to stuff any gap with, though other than FE:TH, none of them are long...those four games are all in the 16-30 hour range. And all five were gotten with about $130 worth of gift cards (this is CAD, of course, not USD.) That's pretty good, since only two of the games are little indies. Normal price, those five games would have cost me about $285. And now, when you add Olive Town, Littlewood and Re: Legend (and maybe One World and Ys IX, depending on which console I decide to go for), the first half of 2021 is probably already reasonably full for me. Not tightly packed, but full enough.

I'm also tempted to get FFVIIR on PS4 since I have another amazon GC to claim and I could get it for half price right now, but I obviously really don't need to do that, and though I do want to play it, part II is nowhere in sight yet, let alone an inevitable part III and quite probably a part IV, as well. Doesn't feel like I should bother to hurry. Sales just make you think you should snatch them up right away. Even though Square Enix has loads of sales so it's sure to go back on again.

I'll probably only do one play of FE:TH. Not sure which route is the best if you're only doing one route. I like the easy-going look of the, er, yellow house (deer?) but it seems like the one that might be the least revealing. I don't like the looks of Edelgard one bit, she looks crazy-wolf-eyed, so...I guess I'll go for Blue first (eagle? lion? platypus?) and if I just loooooove it, I'll play another route. But I'm expecting I'll just stop after finishing one route.

Next year, that is. Gonna wrap Pikmin 3 up today! I really am, I swear. Barring odd real-life happenings, of course. And I like working on Tumblestone in bits and pieces; puzzle games are quite relaxing, and yet, they can help with mental alertness a little, sorta wake you up a bit.

EDIT: Pikmin 3 done! Hooooooorrible last battle, though!

EDIT 2: Tumblestone has 360 levels! Argh. I'm 20% done, so uh...72 levels down, 288 to go? *whimper* The story is really weird. I'm not sure this is really a story, tbh. Feels like a storyboard put together as an elementary school project.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Happy holidays y'al!! :lala: I finally had time so I picked SOSFOMT back up and now I'm hitched to Cliff. He's so cute as always >w< With that, I'll mark this game done but will still go back to it from time to time when I feel the need to low-stress farm lol

I initially planned to start Tales of Vesperia next, but my hands are in pain recently and Tales of might be too button-mashy for it, so maybe I'll go for a VN instead; either 999 or Collar x Malice..

Backlog status
Spoiler:
Backlog - 12
The World Ends With You
Stardew Valley
Collar x Malice
Tales of Vesperia
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Moonlighter
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Paradise Killer
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Finished - 9
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Octopath Traveler
Okami
Hatoful Boyfriend*
AI: The Somnium Files
OneShot
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Our Life
SOSFOMT

Dropped - 1
WILL: A Wonderful World
So yeah, seeing I've only finished 9 games this year, I'm pretty sure I'm all set for next year with 12 games in the backlog LOL and that's not counting Bravely Default 2 and SOSPOOT and RF5 <:

Kikki wrote:I'll probably only do one play of FE:TH. Not sure which route is the best if you're only doing one route. I like the easy-going look of the, er, yellow house (deer?) but it seems like the one that might be the least revealing. I don't like the looks of Edelgard one bit, she looks crazy-wolf-eyed, so...I guess I'll go for Blue first (eagle? lion? platypus?) and if I just loooooove it, I'll play another route. But I'm expecting I'll just stop after finishing one route.
Golden Deer (yellow) is actually the most revealing for me haha. It explains the world's background lore. Blue Lions has more characters connected to the plot, so it focuses more on them and the "main" story. Whichever you choose, I hope you have fun Kikki!
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:I haven't gone far in CP2077. I ran into bug in Automatic Love mission
Spoiler:
which I can't leave Clouds after V interrogating Woodman.
:( Luckily, I have a save before I started the quest. Going to submit it to CPDR and I hope this will be fixed in January.
I was able to get a temporary solution for this. Thank goodness I save a lot (I'm already on my 120 save files) and restarted the whole mission doing what the solution provided.
I'm not sure if I could finish CP2077 before Nioh 2 comes out but I'll get there when I get there. :lol: But definitely going to rest from CP2077 once SoS PoOT releases.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pachi wrote:
Kikki wrote:I'll probably only do one play of FE:TH. Not sure which route is the best if you're only doing one route. I like the easy-going look of the, er, yellow house (deer?) but it seems like the one that might be the least revealing. I don't like the looks of Edelgard one bit, she looks crazy-wolf-eyed, so...I guess I'll go for Blue first (eagle? lion? platypus?) and if I just loooooove it, I'll play another route. But I'm expecting I'll just stop after finishing one route.
Golden Deer (yellow) is actually the most revealing for me haha. It explains the world's background lore. Blue Lions has more characters connected to the plot, so it focuses more on them and the "main" story. Whichever you choose, I hope you have fun Kikki!
Thanks for the input, Pachi :) Hmm, a route that focuses on the world lore, and another that goes more into the central plot. I think if I'm only playing one, then probably I'd go with revealing more of the central plot. I'm never that much of a world lore aficionado, excepting only that of Middle Earth when I was in my late teens/early twenties...so it's been a while. Even the Trails series, which is an absolute favourite...I skipped 3rd and just read a synopsis, because it was primarily a world-building game that explored larger world/story elements. I'm much more about the immediate story, and in particular the personal stories of the individual characters I like best. (That part is probably equally in all routes, though I have no idea who I like best, yet! Hopefully I'll love some of them.)

Game wise, I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I keep thinking about starting Cattails, Fenyx and FE:TH, just to see what they're about and what they look like on my screen, but I keep flaking out. Though I wasn't planning on starting them until the new year anyway, but since I have the time, it seems silly to waste it. I just find it easier to do a level or two in Tumblestone rather than dip into anything involved, right now, it seems. Even though I like that sort of thing better.

Stupid winter brain.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

DOUBLE POST: This is it, guys! New Backlog thread for the new year. Please post in that thread from now on, rather than this one. :)