Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 23, 2020 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 58  Next
Bluie
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2020
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2020 6:06 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, once you get to level 70-80, running all the ARR extremes are child's play. The bosses will go down in 3-5 hits, and even faster if you're in a group. Most run them for the horse mounts (each ARR extreme has one) or the weapons, or the materials to make better versions of the weapons. The extremes all have coveted loot, so you can usually find parties in the party finder doing the trial over and over again.

BTW, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you do the Coils of Bahamaut before you finish Heavensward. You'll probs need to find a group to help you, but it's an important story involving the Twins that takes place after the first ARR credits. If you're on the same data center as me, I could totes help you out.

Pachi
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2020 2:45 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I'm not done yet with SOSFOMT (still at Winter Y1, mainly collecting lumber and stones to upgrade my house for marriage), but I started up Tokyo Mirage Sessions and going into chapter 2 now. This game is so colorful for an Atlus game, I love it :lol: I am also liking the sessions mechanic very much.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2020 6:55 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I am back with an update.

I've finished two games! I was at the last two bosses for Digital Devil Saga 2 and beat that about 6 hours ago. I loved that game; the characters were so interesting and I loved the mechanics.

After that, I picked up Super Mario Sunshine and I just beat that. The stupid disc wouldn't read halfway through the credits, but I know I beat it.

Now I'm moving on to Sonic Adventure 2. I'm gonna finish up the GameCube just like how I finished up the PS3. After Sonic, I just have Pokemon Colisseum left and then GameCube will be done for my backlog!

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2020 7:20 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Damn Ronin, I wish I could get through games like you do. Crusader Kings 3 comes out tomorrow, which should be my last big purchase of the year.. unless Cyberpunk 2077 actually makes its November release date, which I'm doubting as of right now.

Bluie wrote:
Yeah, once you get to level 70-80, running all the ARR extremes are child's play. The bosses will go down in 3-5 hits, and even faster if you're in a group. Most run them for the horse mounts (each ARR extreme has one) or the weapons, or the materials to make better versions of the weapons. The extremes all have coveted loot, so you can usually find parties in the party finder doing the trial over and over again.

BTW, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you do the Coils of Bahamaut before you finish Heavensward. You'll probs need to find a group to help you, but it's an important story involving the Twins that takes place after the first ARR credits. If you're on the same data center as me, I could totes help you out.

Wow, I had no idea they go down that fast when you're level 70-80. I guess you don't really even need to learn the mechanics, then.

Ooh, thanks for the advice. Weird that they didn't make that mandatory to continue the MSQ if it's so important. I would gladly accept help if you're on the Crystal data server!

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2020 8:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ah, alas, I am in Primal, and that unfortunately means we can never meet. What I would recommend instead is finding a group in the party finder or see if you can find a Free Company or linkshell that'd be willing to take you. I'm not sure if you're doing the free trial or if you have the full game, so there might be some restrictions. You can do most of it solo unscyned once level 80, but some of the bosses will still curbstomp despite only being level 50 content.

FFXIV has a lot of optional content that is either related to characters or the overarching story. Cid has an entire side quest series starting with the Crystal Tower (which used to be optional, but they've changed that now) and is still ongoing, but completely optional. The Twins have The Coils of Bahamut, there's a completely optional character at the end of Heavensward who's connected to Shadowbringers and most likely the next expansion, and so, so much more. The main thing you can do to not miss this content is take every blue quest marker you see. Blue means special unlocks like jobs, dungeons, trials, new areas, raids +more.

Why I recommend you do the Coils before the end of Heavensward is that it changes some things, while minor, it can make a big difference. Cutscenes have variations depending on your relationships that usually pertain to having done specific quests or not. You can go back later and then watch the variation in a inn. A non spoilery example is with Estinien. If you've done all the dragoon quests up to the beginning of Heavensward, he'll greet you differently instead of the game acting like it's the first time you've ever met.

It's nothing game breaking, but the little touches can make a big difference to some (me lol).

--------

Backlog stuff.

I'm dropping the Switch backlog (again) as I'm not in the mood to play a pile of JRPGs. Maybe later, eh, I'm not going to let it bother me. Still playing Crystal Chronicles with the Husband tho. I'm in year 3 while he's in year 1, so I gotta get him caught up.

Anyways, the PS4 is my main squeeze rn. Wanna play my FFXIV alt and my other wind down games (Tetris Effect, Everybody's Golf, and Slime Rancher) while I wait for Genshin Impact. Whee.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2020 8:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Panda Parfait wrote:
Damn Ronin, I wish I could get through games like you do.

It's nothing, really; I've been working on Digital Devil Saga 2 for about half a month and Super Mario Sunshine was really short. I've looked it up too and Sonic Adventure 2 is pretty short as well.
Bluie wrote:
I'm dropping the Switch backlog (again) as I'm not in the mood to play a pile of JRPGs.

I feel this

Edit: I forgot how rage inducing the final stage is in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I'm just gonna skip it because the more times I try to finish it, I get madder and worse at the stage.

Pachi
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2020 4:57 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I finished chapter 2 and all the side stories available for me in TMS. Really really liking this game so far \o/ the aesthetics are just wonderful (and I get to make the characters cosplay?! :lol:), the voice acting is great, and the sessions mechanic is fantastic. I'm also liking the pacing; it has slice-of-life feels for an rpg and not really "the world is in danger!!" like other SMT/Atlus games I've played. Speaking of, I wonder if TMS is a word (abbreviation?) play.. it is the reverse of SMT... Anyway, I'm going into chapter 3 when I boot up the game again :)

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2020 11:15 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently beat:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 136 games)

Currently playing:

Raging Loop (Switch)
Bargain Hunter (Switch)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Digimon Survive (2020)
Robotics; Notes Elite and Dash Double Pack Day 1 Edition (October 13, 2020)

Games I want:

Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2020)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
Snack World The Dungeon Crawl Gold (Switch)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Rewrite+ (PC)
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin (Switch)

Games beat in 2020: 7

Games bought in 2020: A ton

So, I beat Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for the Switch, and, as my first time playing it, I really enjoyed it. I beat the main story, beat and unlocked all A and B levels, and beat 1 K level (temple levels). I was planning on 100% it, but maybe later.

I'm playing Raging Loop for the Switch currently. It's a murder mystery/horror visual novel. I bought it Day 1 in October 2019, and am only just now getting to it. Played it for 45+ hours so far (according to my Switch), and I'm on third (and maybe final) main route, but not sure. I'm really enjoying it, and would recommend it. It's fully voiced in Japanese and has extras unlocked after the story, including a New Game Plus (+) called Revelation mode.

I also just bought and started Bargain Hunter for my Switch. I got it on sale, too. :lol: It's where you have to buy and sell items you buy at (at the beginning, garage sales, thrift stores, or find at the local beach through metal detecting....) and then you sell auction to upgrade your house and eventually your car and garage, too.

The only thing I don't like about bargain hunter is I think it freezes, but am not sure. Luckily it autosaves and also the game is brutal. If you go bankrupt, you have to start over again: only one save. But, it's really fun. I played it about 4-5 hours last night straight, and am on my second attempt. I went bankrupt once, LOL

Sorry it's been over a month since my last update.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2020 1:17 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Tippy-tapping away with my chisel at Tokyo Mirage Sessions (on Wii U) again today. I think it's cute, but at the same time, I am borderline soul-sick of games centered around teenagers and anything that resembles high school in any way. I am too old for this. I may always have been too old for this, even when I was a teen myself. I didn't feel like high school was a natural place for me even when I was actually in it (even though I liked going to school.)
Spoiler:
Just yesterday I mentioned to my mom that I feel like I have been 32 for my whole life, on the inside. I didn't know it when I was younger, but now that I have actually been 32...and ten years beyond...I'm sure of it. People have an internal, mental/emotional age. My mom's is apparently 18 (if you'd knew her, you'd believe it! Such a cute, energetic puppy, my mum...even as a kid, I always felt protective of her. My dad even once referred to me as her knight. Maybe it's because her internal age is so much younger than mine or either of my sister's?) but mine is and always has been 32. I felt like a 32-year-old when I was 12, and now that I'm 42, I can't really adjust. I always have to forcibly remember it. I'm probably always going to think of myself as 'about 32' when someone asks how old I am. Maybe it's the age of my personality.

I'm trying to reason out why this type of plot or setting in a game/movie/manga/etc has never really worked for me. I think they're cute, maybe even sweet if done really well, but I can never get into teenage slice-of-life stuff. Mind you, I am also freakishly unambitious and would loathe being famous, particularly as a pop star, and that would be a simpler explanation.

This game probably runs and looks a bit better on Switch, but I don't anticipate it ever becoming a favourite game and I don't think it's worth the cost for me to get the Switch version unless the improvements are big enough to be game-changers.

Tsubasa just started glowing with performa after a show, so I'm still barely beyond the opening. Went through the starter dungeon and some introductions and am trying to figure out how to check any requests/side-quests I've triggered. I don't hate it at all, so I hope I won't end up dropping it, but I don't have much motivation.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2020 1:26 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I played Fall Guys for the better part of an hour. It's very cute and very hilarious. My husband was close to cry-laughing watching my (bad) performance. Only got to round 5 once and got eliminated so close to winning. Anyways, it's fun for sure, but not something I'm going to dedicate a lot of time to.

On the flipside, I'm close to the initial final boss in FFXIV ARR. Gosh, I seriously forgot how much busy work there can be in some quests. I've been soloing everything so far, so I'm actually looking forward to the large parties of Castrum and Praetorium for a nice change of pace. Can't wait to get to Heavensward again, but this hasn't totally been an annoyance. There are a lot of things and dialog I missed the first playthrough that i'm glad I picked up on this go round. It HAS been almost a year since I first starting playing, so I can't fault myself too much.

I've been tempted to play more Crystal Chronicles while I wait for my husband to be in the mood to play, but eh, I should just wait for him. Got him to year 2 at least.

cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Been meaning to get Fall Guy sometime but gg deals suddenly notified me that Mass Effect Andromeda is on sale. I haven't played ME Trilogy but since it will be released as a remake soon-ish I decide to play ME:A first. I'm enjoying DA:I CC and mods too much that my 2nd PT of the series is currently on hold. :lol: Shame that I missed the $4.49 tagged from Origins three months ago. It's currently on sale for $11.99. These are for deluxe edition by the way.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 04, 2020 4:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Been an interesting few days of gaming. Because I'm more working on whatever I feel like, it's been a little bit of everything. Honestly, I was willing to just be content with playing all my multiplayer games on and off until next year, because I assumed there was nothing else for me this year.... and the Genshin Impact got a date. Now all I want to play is THAT, so it's gone from 'being content' to 'what can I play to burn through days faster?'.

I got through the initial credits for FFXIV ARR. A lot of my Free Company jumped on helping me out, because they get bonuses for helping newbies, but I was glad to help and glad for their help! They even asked to be included in anything else in the future, so that's nice I have some people to count on!

I played through Tetris Effect. It was alright, really just a fancy tetris + it almost made me barf on some stages. Having a ton of particle effects swirling around while I'm trying to make combos was legit making me dizzy. Music was swell though.

Booted up Everybody's Golf to at least make my character and redeem DLC. I was NOT expecting an Owl City song as the game opened. I used to be a big Owl City fan, still like him, but I don't follow the songs as closely as I did 5 years ago. It's a nice little ditty, but no longer my type of music to listen to. I also found out I can't use my DLC until I'm a certain rank, so *pout* I'll have to work on that.

I tried getting into Monster Hunter World again. I think I can get into this given enough time, but when I went to do another hunt, we got hit with a huge storm, and I wasn't going to risk losing data, so picked up my Switch. I did another year in Crystal Chroincles and most likely went to some dungeons I shouldn't have yet. The enemies were brutal, but I managed to get through. One of the most uncanny things about FFCC is that 80% of the enemies are assets ripped straight from Final Fantasy IX. As someone who plays FFIX like a religion and considers herself a walking encyclopedia of said game, they are legit just FFIX models with the same rigging. Their idle animations, their spell casting, their death - it's all there. On top of that, some of the moogle characters originated in FFIX and got redesigns to the FFCC moogles. It's most likely due to both games sharing artists, but ima' make it my headcanon that it's a FFIX AU. >:3

Welp, as long as we don't get hit with another storm, I'm gonna try to play more MHW today.

Pachi
Post Posted: Sep 04, 2020 4:23 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Soo, Collar x Malice is on sale and I'm getting it :lol: haven't progressed in TMS and SOSFOMT since I last posted as I've been rearranging my island in ACNH instead :P (I need more hours in a day!!)

Backlog status
Spoiler:
Currently playing
SOS FOMT
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore

Backlog
The World Ends With You
Stardew Valley
Collar x Malice

Finished
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Octopath Traveler
Okami
Hatoful Boyfriend*
AI: The Somnium Files
OneShot

Night Owl
Post Posted: Sep 05, 2020 1:45 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I stalled on progress for Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I'm at Chapter 3's boss fight. The story really isn't... Grabbing me. So I switched to Dragon Quest Builders 2 for a bit because I had a Dragon Quest itch I needed to scratch. Maybe I'll be in the mood for more TMS a bit later. I restarted DQB2 though because I didn't even get past the first island :lol: I do like the game, I wonder why I put it down... Huh, strange. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something.

So far Tokyo Mirage Sessions isn't quite SMT/Persona or Fire Emblem. I want the Fire Emblem mechanics to be more prominent honestly. And a run button. Tsubasa is cute but kind of annoying, Itsuki is... A bit boring honestly. Touma, Kiria, and Eleanora are at least amusing. The battle system is fine, but feels unbalanced. I think it comes down to me not liking party compositions with the max of 3. I like parties of 4. Feels more flexible. Also IDK how I feel about Itsuki being locked to slot 1. :lol: So far it's a little... Meh. Something's not clicking with me and I can't put my finger on it just yet.

Pachi
Post Posted: Sep 05, 2020 4:01 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I just finished the ch3 mid-boss fight in TMS. Tbh I don't really care for the story, although I am a bit familiar with the idol/entertainment industry as a fangirl; I'm here for the aesthetics (I wanna get more costumes pls) and fancy attack sessions :lol:

I think the mechanics are definitely SMT; I don't really see the FE in it, except for the Mirages and the Carnage Forms, but that's fine for me. I think that may be why I really find the game interesting -- the best thing I like in SMT is its gameplay mechanics, then couple it with FE aesthetics and you get this game :lol: As for the characters, Kiria is actually the least interesting for me.. tbh everyone's kinda a common trope but I choose to see past that haha. Tsubasa is cute (she reminds me of Nadeshiko in Yuru Camp; also the voice acting) and I like how Itsuki's so supportive of everyone - he actually reminds me of Ushi :lol: with how things are going with him, I thought he might end up being a manager instead hmm

Yeah I don't like Itsuki being locked in slot 1 too. Sucks when he's weak to something and dies in an enemy session attack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 58  Next