Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 23, 2020 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 58  Next
Riesenraddieb
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2020
Post Posted: Sep 05, 2020 11:26 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Heh, I managed to just buy one new game since last post - but also managed to totally avoid sticking to games I really want to play and games I just stumbled upon looking through my Steam library x__X

Currently playing No Man's Sky and I'm not even sure if I like it or hate it. But I'm playing it. Also the space theme kinda clicks with me to be honest? Never thought that. It's more then grindy and I really don't want to follow the main-storyquest - just building my base and learning new words and finding new species and so on. It's a huge treasure map and I just want to explore it.

But regardless of Nomanski (my nickname for the game, since my mom can't pronounce it right and call it that way XD) I got the next huge project in my way which will consume more time then anything else! The new RPG Maker MZ released a while ago and at the begin of the year I wanted to finish a game within this year. I know, it's hard and probably won't work out very well, but I pick it up again, after ... 5 month game-making vacation? I ported it to the new Maker and started again. Story and characters are the same, system changed a bit but worked out well too so I just can begin working right after I came back from our vacation-trip! I'm super excited!
Sadly I decide to make the game in German not English :/ Maybe will translate it when it's finished?

Onto the backlog, that piled up again because ... of things: TemTem, Nexomon (both games, lol), Dragon Quest XI (why did I forget that one?), Final Fantasy XV for Bahamuts sake ... I stopped right before the end because I don't want to fight Ardyn ...

Pachi
Post Posted: Sep 06, 2020 5:09 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I just finished the main and side stories for chapter 3 in TMS \o/ A bit sad I can't unlock the second EX story yet -- I want more costumes! :lol:

Chapter 3 stuff v
Spoiler:
Mamori's carnage form is so cute omg. It reminds me of the academic class in Dragon Nest xD Also, that's why her name is Mamori..

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 07, 2020 9:50 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm at 20 games complete in 2020. Working on Tokyo Mirage Sessions right now, but...I forced myself to finish Summer in Mara, and SoS: FoMT. I'm really not into Tokyo Mirage. I don't care about the characters or the story, and I'm not liking the gameplay either, so I don't know why I'm doing this. I got this game years ago on Wii U because I was mildly interested because of the graphics and that I reasonably liked Fire Emblem (not loved, though), and because got a I got a good deal on it, but...I'm not into it.

Therefore, I'm abandoning TMS. Will get further into Pandora's Tower before deciding on it. I also have to play more of Exist Archive and Caligula Effect: Overdose before I can decide whether to complete them or abandon them, but those 3 are all I have left, now, of my entire backlog.

I'm kinda tired of forcing myself to continue playing games I'm not enjoying. I guess it's getting harder to do so the longer I keep at it.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 07, 2020 11:25 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
I'm kinda tired of forcing myself to continue playing games I'm not enjoying. I guess it's getting harder to do so the longer I keep at it.

That's been my mindset lately; instead of getting angry an awful lot at games, I'm just abandoning them. It clears the backlog a bit faster and I can move on.

Speaking of, I'm abandoning Pokemon Colosseum. I found XD Gale of Darkness better and easier to play and beat and I can't get passed Venus.

With that said, GameCube is officially done! Time to move on to Skyward Sword and...see if I'm gonna be able to finish this one.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 3:43 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ronin19 wrote:
Kikki wrote:

That's been my mindset lately; instead of getting angry an awful lot at games, I'm just abandoning them. It clears the backlog a bit faster and I can move on.

Pretty much same here. I bought a lot of games this year trying to fill the gap with them instead of games I actually want(release dates still unknown!), but I'm finding them all so tiring instead. It's frustrating, because not all of them are necessarily bad, but without the right mindspace, I will never want to play them.

And while I have dropped a metric crapton of games this year, I've also finished quite a few whoppers too. The Utawarerumono trilogy was a doozy, each game being 30-50+ hours long, and not actually easy on easy mode. Sakura Wars was a fun romp, Xenoblade Chronicles DE was a big commitment, Ghost of Tsushima took me ages to finish, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX was a trip down memory lane. I even finished some smaller games like Hero Must Die Again and To the Moon.

So the entire year hasn't been a loss, but I have learned to just STOP buying and playing filler games when I clearly have in mind what I DO wish to play. I just need to be more patient and do other things or replay old favourites until the next release inevitably comes.

For now I'm rotating Monster Hunter World and Final Fantasy XIV with a little bit of Fall Guys on the side. They're keeping me amused until Genshin Impact arrives, and I cannot wait until the end of this month! >:3

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 5:53 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This has been a disappointing game year, for me. I've played 20 games, and quite liked 6 of them, though only 2 of them were new games...Torchlight II and AI: The Somnium Files. Everything else was either a backlog game (Skyward Sword) or a port/remaster (RF4S, XenoDE), or a fandisc...never as good as the real thing, just a little bit of candy on the side, (C X M Unlimited.)

I guess ACNH has to be counted as a good, new game, so we could say 7 out of 20 games. Though I loved the first month of ACNH, I've found it a bit disappointing in the long-term gameplay.

Generally I think I'd have to say that 2020 has been a pretty cruddy year for me, game-wise. It's no wonder I'm sick of forcing myself to complete games when so much of what I've played this year has been something I'm not actually into. I really, really wanted to drop Liar Princess, Wandersong, Commander Keen, Future Connected, Summer in Mara, 7th Dragon III: Code VFD, and SoS: FoMT, but I finished 'em. I muddled through another 6 games that I didn't hate, but didn't particularly love, either.

I'm tired just thinking about forcing myself through my last 3 backlog games, but I AM going to put a few more hours into each one before I decide whether it's worth continuing or not.

I hope the world gives me a few games to be super hyped about again sometime soon. (I'm looking forward to Cold Steel IV, but the story isn't as fun or moving for me in this latter half as it was in I and II.) BotW2, a NEW Bokumono game, RF5, Tales of Arise...anything like that. Well, at least I'm quite looking forward to Cafe Enchante! And I don't know if I'll like Genshin Impact, but it's free to try so it's not much of a risk...easy to pick up, and easy to drop if it turns out not to be my thing.

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to being done with my backlog, so I can luxuriously play just the games I WANT to play for a few months. I've been holding off on buying anything but top-tier wants for months now and games I was interested in but skipped keep calling my name, asking me to have another look at them.

EDIT: Hey hey, new Hyrule Warriors game. Am I the only one taken totally by surprise? I can't be, right? I did NOT know that was in the pipeline. If anyone gets it, and played the other Hyrule Warriors, I'd love to hear a comparison. Was just mentioning games I wanted but put on hold... I'm still thinking about getting the first Hyrule Warriors.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 7:04 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Lol, yeah, I just posted about it in the new games thread. I'm pretty jazzed, especially because I wanted more about the 100 years before the calamity in BoTW, but we only got flashbacks through Link's and Zelda's perspective. I am SO HAPPY to see MY BEEG ROCK BOI Daruk again.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but the only warriors games I really like is the Samurai Warriors series, which is dead right now. I liked the 'chronicles' variants of the games the most because you played as a mercenary samurai experiencing this fantastical retelling of ancient warring Japan (or a scribe, depending on which game) and your choices effected gameplay - even changing history and you were fully customizable (hair, body type, voice, weapon, outfits, ect).

The other Warriors games aren't bad, just not my cup of tea. Both Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors are very much celebrations of the series with very weak plots. The appeal is being able to play as all these wacky characters (especially the ones that usually don't fight) and take down entire armies with crazy combos. Enemies and friends put aside their differences to fight the bigger bad and that's usually it. They're fun, but again, not my cup of tea.

This new game though, I'm super excited about it just for the story. Guess I do have something else to look forward to this year! :3

Ronin19
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 10:36 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, I ended up dropping Skyward Sword, haha. I started over to get a fresh start with the game, but I couldn't get past the bird race for whatever reason, and it's not like I could recalibrate my wii remote during the session either. It was just a bad time.

With that out of the way though, all physical games for the Wii/Wii U are finished. I just have Switch, Xbox, and DS physical games left. No idea what I want to do now though; I've got the following left on the systems:
Spoiler:
Xbox
Fable Anniversary
Final Fantasy 13
Rare Replay (not everything in the pack though)
Saints Row
Saints Row 2

Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Starlink

DS
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
Golden Sun Dark Dawn (but gonna wait on that until I beat the first two on Wii U digital)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time

I had Fallout 3 (Xbox) and Super Mario 64 DS on the list, but Fallout 3 lagged a bit when I tried to progress it earlier and I was worried it might crash at any moment and lose my save file and with the 3D Collection of Mario coming out I find it's not worth it to play 64 DS.

I also have the other two Mass Effect games to finish with my current file, so I may just jump back into that as well.

Edit: Yeah, I'm gonna take a break from clearing my backlog and finish the Mass Effect trilogy again. I want to clear it one more time before the remaster is finally confirmed and released.

cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2020 5:08 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I finally burn myself out from DAI CC now that I found the almost perfect updated look for my main Inquisitor. ME Andromeda just finished downloading two days ago and there was this horrible stuttering during cut-scenes and went ahead customizing my setting to lessen the stutter, I decided to order another 8GB RAM because according to my research, it will help eliminate the stutters now that my RAM will be 16GB. It seems this will be a minimum from now on. :lol: I will have it today so I might be able to start my official PT .

For the past few days, been tinkering with MEA CC and it's more simplified but limited. :)) Anyway, going to play the original ME trilogy for the first time once the remaster get released.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 09, 2020 4:21 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm very tempted to buy AVICII Invector, even though I know I wouldn't play it (unless it has a listen-only mode, or a super-duper-stupidly-easy mode) due to sucking in the extreme at rhythm games. I've always liked the music, and I just find what happened to him terribly sad, and I like the Tim Bergling Foundation. In theory, anyway, since I can't tell how active they are...their site doesn't seem to have had any updates in quite a while, and I can't actually tell where the money goes...it's a bit vague.

I can't tell if my desire to buy the game is stupid or not, lol. I think it probably kind of is. It'd probably make more sense to donate directly to the Foundation if that's my motivation for buying. I can't entirely figure out where the desire to buy it is coming from.

Well, at least downloading the demo doesn't need any overthinking :)

~

It's a shame that Ary and the Secret of Seasons is getting pretty bad reviews, not only on Switch but even on PC. Seems like it was released in a state people would associate more with an early-access or beta game.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Sep 10, 2020 5:32 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I’ve made a ton of progress in Persona 4 this month—made it to September in-game and working on the fifth(?) dungeon. I really struggled with the first few dungeons but this dungeon and the last one have gone a lot smoother, so I think I’m finally getting the hang of things (or at least fusing better Personas). The story is definitely picking up as well, which means it’ll hopefully be easy to keep making progress on this.

As for the other games I’m playing, I’ve barely touched them other than a few days of Innocent Life here and there. I think I might hit pause on SoS:FoMT for a bit to pick up something else so I don’t have two farming games going at once. Maybe the next Phoenix Wright game, or a few of the short indies I’ve been putting off for ages.

Bluie
Post Posted: Sep 10, 2020 5:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
I'm very tempted to buy AVICII Invector, even though I know I wouldn't play it (unless it has a listen-only mode, or a super-duper-stupidly-easy mode) due to sucking in the extreme at rhythm games. I've always liked the music, and I just find what happened to him terribly sad, and I like the Tim Bergling Foundation. In theory, anyway, since I can't tell how active they are...their site doesn't seem to have had any updates in quite a while, and I can't actually tell where the money goes...it's a bit vague.

I can't tell if my desire to buy the game is stupid or not, lol. I think it probably kind of is. It'd probably make more sense to donate directly to the Foundation if that's my motivation for buying. I can't entirely figure out where the desire to buy it is coming from.

Nah, I get you. I almost bought it for my love of AVICHII and the fact that the funds are going to the foundation. I don't see any problem in buying the game just to show your support, even if you don't play it.

---

I kinda wanna replay Breath of the Wild with all the hubub going on with the prequel. BotW is the one game my husband and I vowed to never get rid of, so I can play it whenever I please. Maybe I should wait until I get and finish Age of Calamity so it's a nice ease into it. It's defs gonna make my need for the BotW sequel get worse, but alas, I want to play what I want to play.

Regardless, until I get through my Netflix watchlist, I probs won't be focusing on gaming too much. I have 4 more shows to finish, so away I go to binge!

greensara
Post Posted: Sep 12, 2020 5:12 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I decided to take a break from SOS:FOMT for a bit to play some other stuff, but I do intend to get back to it and finish my goals of marrying the Harvest Goddess and Bon Viviant. I stopped in Spring of Year 5 so about a year and a season to go. I really do miss the rival marriages as they added more to the late game.

I picked up Stardew Valley again and put some more time in on my original file with Sebastian, completed my harem, and the second kid is on the way. I also started a new file to go to the dark/Joja side.

I've also started playing Paper Mario: Origami King, as my little brother lent me his copy after he beat it. It definitely isn't like the old games, but it's okay if you look at it as just an individual Mario game. Don't love it or hate it, but it's a good thing I didn't buy it myself.

Kikki
Post Posted: Sep 12, 2020 12:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bluie wrote:
I kinda wanna replay Breath of the Wild with all the hubub going on with the prequel. BotW is the one game my husband and I vowed to never get rid of, so I can play it whenever I please. Maybe I should wait until I get and finish Age of Calamity so it's a nice ease into it. It's defs gonna make my need for the BotW sequel get worse, but alas, I want to play what I want to play.

Age of Calamity is very much going to make me want to play BotW again, so even though I've been having the urge to play it for several months already (I've been denying myself the right to replay any old favourites all year, until I'm done my backlog), I'm going to wait until after I've played that. I wonder how much hope there is that they'll release BotW2 in time for Legend of Zelda's 35th anniversary in February 2021. Probably not a lot, but...well, I hope they do something for it like they did for Mario.

~

I'm deeply unmotivated to play games, right now. I think forcing myself through Mara and FoMT-remake (and to a milder extent, Future Connected) burned me out, on top of this last little handful of games being the ones I was LEAST motivated to play of the 50+ games that were on my backlog about 3 years ago. I'm gonna have to just jump in again. I'll probably be feeling rotten in a day or two and not want to move much at all; that may give me enough motivation to pick up the Wii U gamepad and get further into Pandora's Tower. If the story is only what it appears to be at the beginning, I'm going to get bored fast, cuz right now all it appears to be is that your girlfriend got cursed, and to save her, you have to collect gory bits from each of the tower bosses to feed to her.

There needs to be more to it than that, or I'm not going to be able to stick with it. I think the total average gameplay time is only around 20 hours, so a few more hours should tell me if it's gonna become something deeper, or if it revolves entirely around the gameplay itself, which I simply don't like enough to stick with for its own sake. (The only game I have EVER played where I liked the battle system so much that I was willing to continue playing just to fight my way through the dungeons to the goals was Tokyo Xanadu eX+)

Night Owl
Post Posted: Sep 12, 2020 3:32 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I've fully put Tokyo Mirage Sessions onto the back burner for now. I got bit by the Dragon Quest Builders 2 bug hard, and that's what I've been spending my time playing. I'm still in the mining town though. I want to finish up soon and get back to the Isle of Awakening. I really want to terraform now that I've got a better hammer.

I want to finish it before 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim comes out in 10 days. I'm really excited for it. Vanillaware games are just so beautiful. I've heard good things about the story, so I'm decently hyped for it. I'm still keeping my expectations tempered though. Odin Sphere had a good story, so that's the frame of reference I'm using. Granted, DQB2 is a really... Dense game. I can probably finish the main story, just not any of the stuff I want to do for the Isle of Awakening. :lol:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is still on my list of things to play though. I think I just needed a bit of a break from RPGs. The story wasn't doing it for me really nor the characters. Actually I think my biggest complaint came from the gameplay aspect. Itsuki can't go faster than a light jog and with the dungeons just getting bigger and bigger... And with the obvious backtracking points, I'm just like "Ughhh". The aesthetic is cool, but something about the game isn't clicking with me yet. It might be a game that I drag myself through little by little.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 58  Next