Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the spotted puppy and the flower book, Shan :)

I got THREE snow recipes from balloons in a row today. The ski-slop floor, wall, and the snowflake wall. I only have one left! (Iceburg flooring.) Already got every DIY possible from those hateful snowboys. I will never make one again. :x

I also got a lobster, at last. Now I just need a snow crab and I'll be done with all available sea critters that I don't have yet. That'll leave me with 2 to find in Feb/March. I think I just need a firefly squid and a spider crab and my critterpedia will be totally complete...sea critters, bugs and fish, all. I'm still bored with ACNH but you don't have to think much while you play and that seems about my speed these days. It's better than just sleeping all the time, at least.

I also only need 10 art pieces. 4 statues and 6 paintings. I'd say I'm nearly totally done the museum but Redd is so random, it could be years before I actually get the last ten art pieces.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, like Kikki said in another thread, the new January update for Animal Crossing New Horizons will be on January 28, 2021. Also, the new Mario-themed update is slated for March 2021.

https://www.siliconera.com/animal-cross ... -in-march/

Also, the Sanrio amiibo cards will appear outside of Japan in March 2021 in North America. They will be sold at Target for $6 US. They will be start being sold on March 26, 2021. They feature functionality with both Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) and Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch). :) :heart:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Omg Yayyy more amiibo cards!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, as soon as I got caught up in ACNH, I played one more day on the real date...and then totally lost interest again, heh. Missed Tuesday until today. This morning decided to hurry up and pop back on to Tuesday (I'm only doing this because of Redd) and the game was nice to me, for once...Redd was there! Which means I don't need to check the game again until Monday at the earliest for another Redd visit.

And I got another new painting...the 'serene' painting, which has shown up in my game a million times as a fake, but is finally the real thing. I now have only 9 art pieces I need. Look, see:

Statues:
  • robust
  • gallant
  • informative (keeps showing up as a fake)
  • mystic
Paintings:
  • warm
  • basic
  • proper
  • mysterious
  • wild (LEFT half)
Funny thing...I don't think the warm, proper, mysterious or wild left painting have EVER shown up in my game, even as fakes. But I'm really looking forward to completing Redd's collection. I want that over with, so that I can just ignore the game freely and only go on for special events. As things are, I need to go back and play through missed weekdays to see when Redd showed up so that I get another chance to find those last 10 (now 9!) pieces. I wish you'd get a bigger acknowledgement for finishing off museum wings, though, other than Blathers saying "My word!" (or something like that.) Gimme a commemorative plaque or a themed T-shirt or something for each wing completed. In this game, the golden tools are low-value...they don't even last that much longer than the other tools. They don't feel like a reward. Plus they have nothing to do with museum donations. Give me statues, paintings, posters, add a decorative element to the outside of the museum...something.

Updated my game after replaying Tuesday, so the February stuff is in there, now.

What I'd like to see them add to New Horizons:
  • Bulk crafting
  • Bulk shopping options where you can select your own quantity
  • Bulk Nook Miles redemptions (such as for bell vouchers)
  • Crafting from storage inventory rather than just from pocket inventory
  • Good rewards for finishing entire wings of the museum
  • Golden tools made UNBREAKABLE (and preferably with special effects like they had in New Leaf)
  • Add lots of new dialogue to all villagers (but Isabelle and her morning announcements would be a great first person to start with!)
  • Make special NPCs more interactive and interesting. (Tom Nook and Isabelle first.)
  • Add new ways to interact with villagers, such as visiting houses, playing games, going for a walk, hugging, invite villagers to go places with you like the shop or museum, etc.
  • Brewster and a cafe
  • Gyroids (with housing for all of them in the museum...they can be a new wing or collection...they can have their own village in there!)
  • More crops
Thank you to Serenity (from Elysion) for the Papa Panda :) Wish I hadn't completely forgot who each of my ACNH friends are unless they use the same name as they do here on Fogu (such as Miko, Shan and Arcy, plus jones and Anna.)

EDIT: Holy cow, thanks for the iceburg flooring DIY, Serenity! And I'm sorry I can't remember which Fogu user name coordinates with your ACNH username!
Sailor Harvest Moon
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

@Kikki I'm Serenity from Elysion!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Then thank you very much, Sailor Harvest Moon; I did quite want that iceberg floor recipe! :)

Today Pascal was nice to me and gave me that fence recipe, woot! I went on to check if Redd was there, remembered about that one odd item they'd added, and jumped back in the water to see if I could grab it. Did, so now I'm back to signing on just for a minute each day to see if Redd is there, lol. Except...I really like the festivale items. They're so COLOURFUL, like rainbows and candy. Glad they can be purchased.

Also, I revamped my DIY lists on VillagerDB, reorganizing the lists Including special DIYs, I have 57 I still need. I can't decide if keeping track of them makes me feel better or worse about the ones I'm missing, but at least I feel organized.
  • Festive DIYs (4) - stuff made out of ornaments
  • Stargazer DIYs (26) - I don't know what to call them but you make them with star fragments and get them from Celeste
  • Mush-Leaf DIYs (3) - items made with maple leaves or mushrooms
  • Regular DIYs (24) - no special category; in theory available from bottles, villagers, balloons...but I've never gotten these. I have no idea why it's almost all wreathes, crowns and wands. Maybe the wands are Celeste items, too? That'd explain that.
EDIT: Moved the wands to my 'stargazer' list, since Shan confirms that they're all Celeste recipes.
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 02, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
It’s the Zodiac signs stuff you get from Celeste and yes, she also gives you the flower wands.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anyone needs an authentic 'scary' painting (a portrait of an angry-looking Asian man with his fingers flared up by his face) let me know and I'll mail it over. 8 genuine art pieces to go, and I'll have a complete art wing. (I have the rosetta stone, now...the 'informative' statue.)

Love how colourful the Festivale stuff is. Not sure how I'm going to wring every colour of about 5 of the pieces of the series out of Pave, since you can't order extra from the store to customize...I'm going to have to squeeze Pave dry until I have enough balloons and lamps in particular, since they're so decorative and I can't resist anything that glows/gives off coloured light...but drums, flags, garlands and parasols, too. SQUEEZE that bird like he's an orange and I'm makin' juice.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How many items do you need? I’ve been time traveling to order a lot of chocolate hearts and have extra festivale items.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry I didn't answer this, Shan, when you're offering to do something nice for me, again, but...I don't know how to answer. I don't need multiple of the confetti machine, stage, or stall, but I figure I'll aim for 3 of everything else. The balloon, lamp, drum, flag, garland and parasol. I already have two each of the garland and lamp...not sure what I'll find in the store today and tomorrow (and I guess Monday?) but I'm hoping it'll be among those ones.

The balloon item is my very favourite...I'd honestly like to have about 10 of them. And the lamp is second...I'd also like about 10 of those, lol, which I'd probably keep out on display, with two of each colour. But yeah, I'm probably going to aim for three of everything. Don't worry about sending me stuff unless you have extras you actually WANT to get rid of. I'm sure I can gather them myself on Festivale day. I still don't have concrete plans for this stuff, so I can't say any numbers for sure.

It's hard to decide. I don't want to take up extra storage space! But I want to be able to have enough to have every colour. That's why I didn't really know how to answer you; I can't make up my mind. Probably more practical to catch a loooot of feathers to customize repeatedly with, instead. I'm torn over not wanting too much stuff cluttering my poor overstuffed storage, and wanting to have a LOT to be able to have multiples in every colour. The feathers will take up quite a bit storage space, too, probably, depending on how they stack.

I really wish they'd just made house storage unlimited once you made the maximum size. I'll have to cull my storage contents yet again. Get rid of any clothes I don't REALLY love, and parcel out extra stuff to my other three player characters.