Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Can confirm that you can absolutely friend someone and immediately start sending them presents from visiting together on a third party island, it is how initially my sister in Texas and I hooked up since her home internet is awful. She visited a friend who has fiber internet (visited in real life and in the game to use that internet) and I visited that friend and bam, connection.

There's a way to add friends from a list of all the people you have ever played with, I've used that feature a lot with Animal Crossing.

@nightshade - no problem for the help! I couldn't figure out who you were though, but I'm glad we're friends in the game! If I might make a suggestion, if you play in docked mode, you can plug any compatible USB keyboard into the USB port on the Switch dock - it makes talking to others and writing letters so much easier!
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I wonder if a USB headset would work for chatting ......cause as the older members here can attest my typing sucks on a good day

well no thanks to Nintendo we discovered diving ..... apparently, you only get the last free update items in your box so i had to go online to learn what to buy and how to dive ..... and now9 were up to the infamous bunny day event ....i think we got the patched version .....

But this begs the question... does anyone know of a decent unot grade guide site for the game? (I have the book but its only good for non-holiday/add-on stuff) all the ones I've found are unfinished or a mess ......
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can ask questions here if necessary.

I understand you on the typing lol, I personally can’t use voice chat without scaring my mother ^^
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Kikki If you feel comfortable with it, your cousin can have my friend code and I can give her things that she doesn’t have.
She says to say thanks...that'd be nice. I'm currently in the process of finding out (by email...lockdown, blah) when she tends to play so I can arrange an online time for you guys to come to my town so you can be friends in-game :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Any time in the afternoon into the night works for me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

She said 'anytime after 5pm is good', so...would tomorrow or the next day at 5pm Eastern be fine? (I can't remember for sure, but I think you're in the same time zone as us.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup that’s perfect. And yes I’m in Est

Just tell her to add me to her switch.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm arranging a 5PM meeting with her for tomorrow or the next day (Thursday). She's the slow-moving type, so she doesn't tend to get back to people very quickly, lol. I don't have your Switch number any more; it's not visible anywhere I can see it on Switch friend profiles. Or is it? I looked to see if it was still listed on there but didn't find it.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It’s in my signature. If you can’t see it let me know.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ha ha, it's huge. Honestly, I'm so used to them now that I don't even see people's signature images anymore...don't even glance at them. Funny thing is, I actually DID look at the tiny links below your signature. Sorry; I'll send it to her now :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^^ I thought I had a broken image lol it’s cool
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

She says Thursday would work well for her, so...Thursday at 5pm, if you're okay with that, Shan. My cousin is slow to take action but she says she's going to add your code...I just don't know how immediately she'll do it.

She's just gotten 8 villagers and the Able Sister's shop. I'm happy she's actually getting into the game. She only got the game a few weeks ago...she's been debating it since it released. She's barely liked any games, though...she's mostly been a huge fan of BotW with two or three other games she only 'kinda likes', and the poor kid is an only child in lockdown, taking high school classes online...and she doesn't like to read or exercise, so what the heck else can she do? So yeah, glad she's getting into the game. It's just too bad that she came to it late enough that none of her cousins are still playing.

EDIT: She says she sent a friend request. I think she'll show up as 'monkey'. I think it's her ACNH name that is 'maddy'. But I may have them reversed.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thursday is fine.

Is she lacking anything? I’ll start gathering what I have.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't think she's even been playing long enough to be sure of what she wants, but she said she'll be checking in her game today to see if she needs anything in particular.

~

Wasn't feeling well enough, or motivated enough, to play my usual games, so did a few more days of ACNH instead...mostly just standing on the beach waiting for balloons.

I can't stand balloon camping for mushroom DIYs anymore, so I'm on November 30th now. Fortunately, I managed to get the mush umbrella and mush parasol today. The parasol was the last November DIY I reeeeeeeeeeally wanted. I only have the table, forest floor and forest wall left that I didn't get, but I don't care about them that much. I'd only want one mush table at most anyway so I can just do without it. The area I'm turning into an enchanted forest is small...around a 10 x 15 space, with a house as part of that.

Now to camp for December DIYs, I guess. (-___-) Fortunately, I don't care nearly so much about ice, snowflake or Xmas DIYs. I mean, I always want every DIY, but it's not like the mush-leaf-tree stuff, which I had plans for pretty much since release.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have a extra Illuminated Present DIY you can have if you want it.