Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 31, 2021 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 88  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!!
So far so good. Too early to tell.
It’s alright...but I was expecting more
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes
Don’t like it, will be returning
You may select 1 option

View results
Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2020 2:45 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks, Arcy. :) I totally didn't notice any of those little guys at all. The boy cat is super cute...very stylish, with his thick-rimmed glasses, slicked hair, crisp little three piece outfit and heterochromatic eyes. I bet he's a 'smug', though I still think that translation is weird, since they don't act the least bit smug, imo. I don't have any opinion either way on whether we need new villagers or not. If they were going to put effort into villagers, I'd vote first of all for each character having a bit more that is unique about them, to differentiate them from others of their personality type, but I don't object to new villagers or anything. Is it a big draw, to have new villagers? Like, are people getting excited when they see new ones? There are so many AC characters I've never met, to me the game is always full of new characters.

~

RF4S is in the life-sim category, like Animal Crossing, so even though it's quite different, it is also somewhat comparable (all the crafting comes to mind, and placing your furniture wherever you want, lol...even though i'm pretty sure you're only supposed to place it inside your room. Chatting up neighbours and plant care, too. The dungeons are probably the most different part.) But as long as I stop re-watching the AC Direct, I'll be okay to get into RF4S. While watching it and thinking about all the cool stuff I can do with my island, I don't want to play anything else. I just want to hurry up and start cleaning up any weeds that are in spots I don't like, moving trees to more appealing configuations, placing my and the other two villager tents, collecting rewards and bells and getting my first debt paid off to see what unlocks after I have done so...etc. No other game can satisfy that urge.

But it only takes a few hours away from that and then RF4S becomes appealing again. I'm pretty confident that when I actually have it (it has shipped and will be to me on release day, according to amazon), that will be the case even more.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2020 6:39 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Rewatched a part of the direct again and one of the new special characters names is Orville and the others name is Wilbur. (That info might’ve already been known but I’m just now seeing it lol)
Other than that, added a few more building pics/added to the returning special characters list....

The fact that I keep watching the direct to pick out more details shows how excited I am for this game :lol:

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2020 7:59 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Welp, I've lost my Amiibo cards. I thought I had them stored away somewhere specific, but they're not there. I could pull apart the entire storage shed looking for them, but that'd be a bloody mess and I have no idea where else to look. I had all the sheep cards except for Pietro and Etoile (both were ridiculously expensive and still kinda are).

Frita is my favourite AC villager ever, I'm not playing New Horizons without her. I decided to buy a cheap knockoff card off etsy and just figure the rest as lost forever unless they turn up somewhere. I am super bummed that sheep town can't be (easily) recreated, but at least i'm able to get another Frita pretty painlessly.

Night Owl
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2020 9:20 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

ACNH looks AMAZING! Like wow, they really nailed everything about it. This is the first console Animal Crossing since City Folk, and it's a wonderful return. Just the way the game looks is just really cool. Ahh, March 20th can't get here soon enough! I really, really can't wait. I want to go on the Deserted Island Getaway right now. I've been itching for Animal Crossing. The museum looked so good. Blathers really went all out with the renovations it seems. Frankly since we don't have a post office this time and it's just the airport that sends cards, I wonder where Pelly, Pete, and Phyllis come in. I will miss the post office squad. Unless it's a later facility or something...

As for amiibo cards, I'm glad I got some when I did since the prices went up soon after the Direct. I have a felling Nintendo will reprint them though since they're really not carried by many retailers these days. Granted, I didn't get any of my real favorites, I just got some cool villagers. I did end up with Julian of all characters, so maybe I'll scan him in. I've also got a plan with some friends of mine that I'll scan the amiibo cards in for their favorites that I managed to get and they'll steal them from my campsite.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2020 9:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Japan and the UK are already reprinting and selling the whole AC amiibo card series. Haven't heard of North America picking them back up again yet, but I'm sure that'll come. I don't need any more, though. I don't have a huge amount but I got some really good cards (to my tastes, of course) so that's it for me. I like to have a few villagers I KNOW I'll like, but I also like a few surprises, so I'll use the amiibo cards to call in the ones I like best and will settle for random the rest of the time.

EDIT: This article of 'things you may have missed' in the AC Direct is pretty good. We discussed a few of them here already, like the ornaments falling out of trees and the pocket expansion, etc, but the screenshots area all really good and some of the info is very specific and interesting. Though of course, don't go if you're aiming to go in blind.

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2020 9:53 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The price for the companion guide just dropped to 17.99 on amazon dot com, for the US.

Somerandom
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2020 7:49 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

From what they’ve shown, the game looks amazing. However I’m not going to buy it as I have a large backlog at the moment and I want to clear it up before I buy any new games. Secondly, I know I’ll get seriously ADDICTED to the game as I did with New Leaf. I honestly can’t afford to be addicted to a game at this point in time as real life is busy enough as it is.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 12:57 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Watched the direct again(no surprise there lol) but there’s two things I’ve noticed that I don’t believe I’ve seen in previous ac games.
One of the nooklings (either Timmy or tommy) was walking around your island holding I believe a butterfly :shock: I saw it twice in the video. He’s clearly holding something and it moves ever so slightly as he trots on by.
The second thing was, Tom drank from a green can while working at the residence service.

I just find these little details kinda cool lol.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 2:45 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Somerandom wrote:
From what they’ve shown, the game looks amazing. However I’m not going to buy it as I have a large backlog at the moment and I want to clear it up before I buy any new games. Secondly, I know I’ll get seriously ADDICTED to the game as I did with New Leaf. I honestly can’t afford to be addicted to a game at this point in time as real life is busy enough as it is.

If you stick to that, that's some incredible willpower you've got, Somerandom. :)

I saw Timmy/Tommy (can anyone tell them apart? Is there a trick to it?) walking around holding something, too, but it was a teeny flag/pennant. Never noticed the butterfly thing...wonder why he was doing that.

The longer I go without re-watching that Direct, the calmer I feel. Looking forward to RF4S again, so that direct is off limits to me, now. Also avoiding AC news a little more, to keep the hype at a manageable level. RF4S is the only game I'm going to be playing between now and ACNH's release, and my backlog is doing pretty good (only 8 games left! Gonna finish them all this year!) and I think RF4S is pretty doable in 3 weeks. Can't remember how long it took me, last time.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 3:55 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Maybe it was a teeny flag; I was watching at 2am so my mind could’ve been playing tricks on me. But I still find it interesting that he just walks on by holding some unknown objects and doesn’t seem to be doing anything with it lol.
Edit: Took another gander and when the mc first arrives, yes he’s holding a tiny flag. the one I saw was later in the video; it looks slightly different, smaller, lighter shade color and has no ‘pole’ that he’s holding on to (that I can see) :/ idk what it is :lol: it’s most likely just the flag but it’s fun to think he could have a butterfly in his hand XD I won’t be disappointed if it isn’t.

As far as I know there isn’t a way to tell Timmy/Tommy apart? That might be a question for Dr. Google.

Last edited by Kross lover/fan on Feb 24, 2020 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 4:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The page on Timmy and Tommy shows the same flag (it has the Nook leaf on it, so I guess he's just advertising, lol.) And apparently the boys have different moles on their hands, but that's not something we, the players, can see. It also says that Timmy's voice is slightly higher-pitched. I'll have to listen for that, but if the difference is there, it must be very slight. But apparently there is no visible difference between them, as far as I can tell.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 4:35 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Ah! Thanks for looking into it :3 I should stop watching videos at 2am lol.
I believe Tom mentions the mole thing in one of the games(?) but it’s too bad we the players can’t see the difference. I’ll have to listen closer to their voices too.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 5:02 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No problem, Kross; I specifically remembered seeing Timmy/Tommy carrying the orange/red pennant, but it would have been interesting if one of them had really been carting around a butterfly and that's something I would easily have missed. And once I thought to ask if anyone knew how to tell the twins apart, I got curious, so I had to look it up. :) I've never noticed a difference in their voices, but I'll definitely be listening for it next time.

ElenaMaylee
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 9:07 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Kross lover/fan wrote:
Rewatched a part of the direct again and one of the new special characters names is Orville and the others name is Wilbur. (That info might’ve already been known but I’m just now seeing it lol)
Other than that, added a few more building pics/added to the returning special characters list....

The fact that I keep watching the direct to pick out more details shows how excited I am for this game :lol:

I thought the names Orville and Wilbur were a cute reference the Wright brothers, whom created the airplane. I am sure a lot of people will not get the reference.

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Things people may want to reset their town for... may no longer be applicable.

Spoiler:
While we knew previously that you only start with two villagers, several sources are now coming in with the news that we will specifically start with an Uchi (Big Sis) and Jock (Sporty) villager, so there will be little point to resetting your town to get a different villager unless you get an Uchi or Jock you loathe.

Of more interest to me is the color tie thing - you start the game with a specific color of airport and seaplane, and those colors will influence certain items you will get (like the Nook Tee and Nook Headscarf from the Nook Miles program), so there's definitely an incentive to making many friends to trade special items that only come in your "Town Color".

I am personally planning on not resetting my town, so I hope I get a beginning I can enjoy. Sometimes things you didn't like in the beginning do grow on you in Animal Crossing, so I'm going all in on that mindset for New Horizons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 88  Next