Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 31, 2021 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 88  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!!
So far so good. Too early to tell.
It’s alright...but I was expecting more
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes
Don’t like it, will be returning
You may select 1 option

View results
Shan O 123
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2020 8:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Arcy wrote:
Things people may want to reset their town for... may no longer be applicable.

Spoiler:
While we knew previously that you only start with two villagers, several sources are now coming in with the news that we will specifically start with an Uchi (Big Sis) and Jock (Sporty) villager, so there will be little point to resetting your town to get a different villager unless you get an Uchi or Jock you loathe.

Of more interest to me is the color tie thing - you start the game with a specific color of airport and seaplane, and those colors will influence certain items you will get (like the Nook Tee and Nook Headscarf from the Nook Miles program), so there's definitely an incentive to making many friends to trade special items that only come in your "Town Color".

I am personally planning on not resetting my town, so I hope I get a beginning I can enjoy. Sometimes things you didn't like in the beginning do grow on you in Animal Crossing, so I'm going all in on that mindset for New Horizons.

Yup. I’m not resetting.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2020 3:01 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Rather than a choice about resetting or not resetting, isn't it that we CAN'T reset, even if we were want to? Due to autosave? I mean...I'm not sure. I guess you could probably delete your save data from the Switch entirely, to redo the beginning. Unless they've managed to make the save data inaccessible. I don't really understand how they've rigged everything, this time around, to prevent things like time travel. Which never mattered in the past (they even made it super easy to TT in New Leaf, by having Isabelle ask what time to set the game to each time you loaded your town) but now that (up to, potentially) 8 people will be sharing the same save data, they want to prevent anyone from messing up everyone else's town just because they alone want to alter something.

I never alter things via time-travel or save resetting until I've been playing my game so long I get bored of it. I never travelled in New Leaf until I had done practically everything and the game was so stale that I stopped playing it for months. Then I had to refresh my interest by seeing what time-travel was all about and if it did anything interesting. I did reset a few time when I first got the game, though, because I didn't know how the starter questions worked to give my character her features, and I was NOT gonna live with that hideous 3-ponytail hairstyle that made my girl look like a triceratops.

Where is the information about starting with an Uchi and a Jock coming from, Arcy? I haven't heard anything about it (or the colour thing) on official channels. (EDIT: Nevermind...I found it. Though that's still speculation.)

I hope my sisters and I don't all end up with the same native fruit! (That's one thing I'm betting you can't choose for yourself, still.) But they do have those random tours, now, for material gathering. So maybe it's pretty easy to get non-native fruits even without online trading.

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2020 6:58 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

There's some insider information from a source that has proven accurate about previous details about the Uchi & Jock thing in addition to it being observed from the game starts we've seen, so I'm taking it more seriously than speculation but less seriously than "Nintendo said it directly". New Leaf also had weird rules about the starting villagers, but you start with more than two in NL so it was less restrictive feeling.

There is a save data option on the title screen which might have an option to delete the island (there was an option to delete your town on the menu for New Leaf as well) and you can always delete the save file from the system itself off the primary profile's save management, something I've used to great effect on the Pokémon games which Nintendo is even more fiercely protective of and which also has autosaving enabled by default.

Basically I'm just hoping to get a Native Fruit and Town Color that I'm happy with, but trying to keep my mindset in a "never reset" mode will be hard if I get cherries and red, :lol: .

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2020 9:40 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I found information on the 'one uchi and one jock' thing, but never came across any info about your town having a 'colour'. Well, if it really does, then...I hope I get blue, white or yellow. Purple, and even green would also be acceptable. Red or orange would suck, as I have a name in mind and red just doesn't work with it.

There's a certain charm in making the most out of the hand you're dealt, though, rather than resetting. Now that there's terraforming, even if it's a later-game feature, your starter map doesn't matter all that much, because you can build and destroy entire rivers and cliffs at will once you have that, so even if your selection of four maps (I assume there are more than four maps in the game, but that you only get a set choice of four.) is terrible, you can completely change it, later. And my girl won't end up looking like a triceratops no matter what, because your appearance isn't assigned by your answers to unrelated questions about where you're going. Cuz I couldn't handle her looking like that, lol. It was really ugly. I think she may also have gotten the worst eyes, where they only have lashes on the lower rim. She was unbelievably ugly.

But since those types of things aren't an issue...getting handed random starter characters and a random fruit and a random 'colour'...I'm okay with those things.

EDIT: A character customization video has gone up.

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 25, 2020 9:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks for that link, Kikki!

As for the Town Color stuff, that was talked about by loulou-crossing on YouTube, she has had several pieces of insider level information in advance and they have turned out to be true. She also talked about certain permanently cut special NPC characters (although I am sure you will be able to at least interact with them in some way through amiibo/amiibo cards in the future) and the Uchi and Jock starting villagers thing in one of her most recent videos. ( https://youtu.be/8nKEvRnoL0o ) - it is an overall reaction video for the Direct, but there's some juicy tidbits from a source (that has proven reliable in the past) in it.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 26, 2020 5:02 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No problem. I see new official Animal Crossing info, and I post it...it's almost Pavlovian at this point. :)

I think I'm okay with any colour other than red or orange (though I could live with them...I don't think my colour will make me look for a way to reset, no matter what it ends up being) and whatever fruit I get is fine, so hopefully I'm not unlucky enough to get one of the few things that would make me go...ugh, reset...RESET! I don't overly like the start-up character customization options. They're not bad, but none of them are a favourite of mine (though my hair actually does look like the short wavy stuff...I don't actually want to copy that part, because my RL hair is stupid atm). I guess that's just incentive for later, then, when we can use our Nook Miles to unlock extra customization options. As long as I'm not stuck with a hideous little triceratops girl with spider-leg eyelashes, I think I'll be okay with whatever random options I get.

Too bad uchi is one of the character types we get stuck with. There are almost no appealing uchi characters, imo. I'm okay with Cherry and Muffy and that's about it. Though uchi seemed to be the rarest personality type, so maybe they've added some new characters into that category.

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Mar 02, 2020 6:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anyone planning on using amiboo figures/cards to get the villagers they want? One of my favorite things about animal crossing is seeing the animals come and go, along with the surprise of who's coming next. That being said, I really like Gloria and Tiffany, so I've been considering getting their cards...

Also just curious in general which villagers you guys are hoping to get.

Mine are:
Spoiler:
Tiffany
Gloria
Maple
Peanut
Whitney
Marshal
Beau
Hamlet

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 02, 2020 7:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I will absolutely be using my cards to get a few villagers. I can't stand ugly villagers, lol. And for the female ones, I actually prefer 'pretty' to 'cute', though due to AC's style, they'll all be somewhat on the cute end. I want Willow (snooty), Felicity (peppy) and Ribbot (jock), and probably June (normal). But the rest can be random. Plus we have no say over the first two, afaik, and I have no idea what the limit is. I imagine it can't be super high, since the world appears to be very barely any larger than the New Leaf world, and the game has to leave room for 8 player character houses. Or maybe there IS no upper limit, this time? Perhaps now that we can arrange our world so precisely and move houses and shops any time we want, the game will let us move in as many villagers as we can fit. I don't quite understand how villagers moving in works this time since Tom Nook does stuff like tell us we have 3 new parties interested in moving in, making it seem like we may have a choice as to who gets to do so.

I don't mind leaving that a mystery for now, but it is something I'm curious about. I want to know approximately how much room I should be allotting for villager houses.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 6:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

New info. Naming limit in Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be 10 CHARACTERS. Source:

Fortunately the name I'd decided on fits into that just fine. I wanted to reuse my favourite New Leaf town name, Windfall...but Windfall had its own specific history, and was named as it was because they mayor, Kadre, was obsessed with money, always looking to make more so that he could reach his dream of owning and operating a fully-developed bed and breakfast. (And also because, putting aside the financial/luck meaning, I think windfall sounds like a very pretty weather/nature name. Also, fruit that has been blown down from a tree is called a windfall. It just all seemed perfect and I STILL kind of want to reuse it just as is, but...) So in the end, I decided to mix a little of 'Windfall' with something new.

I hope you guys have some good ideas for your island names. I know if I didn't, I'd be sitting at the naming screen for an hour before deciding on something, lol. I'm gonna be sitting on it several minutes as it is, because part of me very much wants to just use Windfall again, even though the new remixed name is pretty in a different way...it doesn't have the fun double meanings.

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 9:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Nintendo has posted different language versions of that "Island Names are 10 characters long" tweet this morning and all of them have one Uchi and one Jock, so I'm taking that previously leaked information as 100% factual now. That's a shame as I wanted to start with either a rabbit or a squirrel and they do not have a lot of rabbits and squirrels in those categories. Snake is one of my all time favorite characters along with Static, but I believe Jock is the most common personality with about 70 currently active characters as of New Leaf Welcome amiibo, so pretty low odds on that roll. (Plus he was one of my first five characters in New Leaf so it would be greedy to ask for him again, right?)

As for Uchi, I don't think there's a single one I hate and several of them have excellent designs, so that's okay by me. I'd love to get Renée or Reneigh, as they have names similar to my RL middle name. Since they were introduced in New Leaf, I don't have a strong attachment to any of the currently available Uchi villagers.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 12:35 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Knowing me, I’ll wait until last second to come up with a good name that I like for my island...so I’ll be that crazy person staring at my screen for hours trying to think of something :shock:
Though now that I know, I might try thinking now...then promptly forget lol.

Love your name for your island Kikki.

My mother always names her town/farm/whatever ‘Happy’.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 12:49 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

At least think of a theme or two in advance, Kross, so you don't have to sit there for hours, waiting to actually play while you stare at the screen, waiting on inspiration. I bet it'll come to you if you think of a theme or personality you'd like your town to have. :) I always like nature names, it seems, or magical ones. My sister tends to name her village after food, usually desserts. (She was Praline of Nougat, in New Leaf.) My other sister...I'm not sure what she does. I think just whatever comes to her first, lol.

I...may go with Windfall after all. I love both the sound and all of the meanings, of unexpected luck or abundance, and a harvest brought in by the wind, etc. (I also like to think of my town as a windy place, so 'windfall' also meaning the place where wind falls.) The other name that I was considering was Starfall, which is a little less nature-based and a bit more magical and...twinkly. The debate will likely continue until I finally input it and there's no going back. :)

EDIT: Also looked up Starfall to see if I'd find it occurring anywhere else, and found that it is connected go the GoT series, which I cannot stand. So I guess I'm giving that one up! I'll be sticking with Windfall, then. :)

Last edited by Kikki on Mar 04, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 12:51 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kross lover/fan wrote:
Knowing me, I’ll wait until last second to come up with a good name that I like for my island...so I’ll be that crazy person staring at my screen for hours trying to think of something :shock:
Though now that I know, I might try thinking now...then promptly forget lol.

Love your name for your island Kikki.

My mother always names her town/farm/whatever ‘Happy’.

Kross this is literally me too. In any game. It took me FOREVER to decide on a name for my farm in RF4s. Therefore “weed” farm was born.

Arcy
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 1:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

They've officially named one of the new flower types as "Windflowers" in the English localization if that helps at all, Kikki. The flowers do strongly resemble anemones, many of us were already calling them anemones, and "windflower" is a commonly used name for anemones. I instantly made that new connection in my head when you said you wanted to name your island "Windfall", so it would fit quite nicely in my opinion.

My usual names are of course Arcy (player) and Melody (place), I don't really see a need to change it up.

"Rainbow" strikes me as a really good name for an Island if anyone wants it, and there are so many fictional and real island names to draw inspiration from that it makes my head spin.

Fictional: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... al_islands
Real: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_islands (A list full of lists! I love it.)

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2020 1:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Cool! I totally said it was an anemone! :) Everyone else was saying 'poppies'...probably because poppies are more commonly known...and I do like poppies, too, and they look quite alike...there is even a breed of anemone called the 'poppy anemone', but I've always loved Japanese anemones and their common name in English, which, as you say, is 'windflower'. They have really pretty buds. One of the first pictures I took with my current camera was of an anemone. I'm a bit attached to them. (My parents own/run a greenhouse business so flowers were my childhood friends lol. Always did feel more comfortable with plants than with people! Or animals. To me, animals are way too close to being people, most of the time. Dogs in particular.)

I'm happy they decided to confirm them as anemones, anyway.

I am very attached to my New Leaf town name, so since I found reason to dislike Starfall, it seems pretty definite now that I'm just going to go ahead and make Windfall my traditional name. :) Now I just have to decide on my player name. Not sure I want to make a 'me' character. I've had more fun with AC when my player character is one I made up, instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 88  Next